Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-02-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default SEC rebounds, Big 10 drowns in sea of losses

From NBC Sports CollegeFBTalk.

Big 10 ----> 0-5, OMFG.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...-years-losses/

The evisceration of Michigan St. at the hands of Bama (275 rushing yds to to -48, the Tide destroying the Spartans in all phases of the game), once lowly Mississippi St. spanking RichRod & Michigan 52-14 to heat up the the already hotseat underneath Rodriguez (rumored to be canned as early as Monday), & Florida beating JoePa & Penn St. to send Urban Meyer out on a high note were especially sweet for me.

In another article this morning (not allowed to post here) with a poll asking how TCU would do against either/or Oregon & Auburn, the vast majority (>41% at this time) of responders said TCU would beat both of them.

The groundswell of national support for undefeated TCU in a BCS playoff is getting legs like it never did with Boise St. & has become thunderous in the blogosphere. Again, it comes at the expense a Big 10 team in a major New Yrs. Day bowl loss.

Big 10 (neither Big nor 10 actually), get over it if you can.... you have all of 2011 to live it down.

Last edited by LizardState : 01-02-2011 at 01:09 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:05 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Bama knocked pretty close to all 11 starters on Michigan St.'s offense out of the game yesterday at some point. o-O

They've been doing that to everybody the last couple of years though. They're just so damn physical.

This game was touted as one of the best "physical matchups" of all the bowl games. Not.

I was very impressed with my Crimson Tide yesterday. I always worry about them not being motivated to show up in bowl games unless it's for a national championship. Saban had the boys ready to play.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't forget, the B1G officials have also sucked it up in a couple of games as well.

I don't have anything against the big 10 and I'm not a conference rooting type of guy but this bowl season has been just embarrassing for them.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:01 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure why TCU beating a mediocre Big 10 champ who has beaten no one but other mediocre Big 10 teams should make anyone beleive TCU would actually beat Auburn. The best team TCU beat prior to barely squeaking by Wisconsin was Baylor (or possibly Air Force, does it really matter?). Auburn beat all of the SEC West, which helped destroy the state of Michigan yesterday.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The big 10 has been over rated for awhile but they get the Notre Dame treatment because of its history.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"but, but the SEC is down this year!"

Big Ten fans say that every year in September, but nobody says it anymore by January.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

meh, every single team that lost yesterday was favored to lose. not good matchups. we did terrific in bowls last year.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TCU would be an interesting matchup against either of the unbeatens just because of how disciplined their defense is. They do such a good job of maintaining gaps and sticking to their assignments that it would be fun to see how either Auburn or Oregon dealt with what the Horned Frogs brought to the table. I wouldn't favour TCU, but I would like to see it.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:25 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
meh, every single team that lost yesterday was favored to lose. not good matchups. we did terrific in bowls last year.
But were 1-7 the year before that.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:43 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it goes up and down. In 2002 they weren't supposed to do well, but ending up doing the best of any conference. Same thing last year. Almost every year since 2002 we're favored to lose all but one game, maybe two as well.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:55 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
But were 1-7 the year before that.
And Iowa has won all 3 times. Wooooooooooooooooooo!

I think I read the Big Ten since 03 has like 21 bowl wins, and Iowa has 5 of them. We may not be elite and we may disappoint during the regular season, but we show up for bowl season. Oh, and it would be 6 if not for the abortion that was the 06 Outback Bowl being handed to the Gators.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post

I think I read the Big Ten since 03 has like 21 bowl wins, and Iowa has 5 of them. We may not be elite and we may disappoint during the regular season, but we show up for bowl season. Oh, and it would be 6 if not for the abortion that was the 06 Outback Bowl being handed to the Gators.
I'll admit Iowa has shown itself to be the exception to the rule in the Big 10 the past few years.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:05 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post

Penn St is a fine bowl team as well, and could have won yesterday with a decent QB. I don't mean to bash the Big 10 so much as I got so sick of reading about how the winner of the Rose Bowl might have claim to the best team in the nation because Oregon didn't play anyone and the SEC was "down".
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:09 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

The SEC wasn't down, the SEC East was down. Terribly down. Auburn, Alabama, LSU, Arkansas, and Missisippi State are really good. Most thought LSU would be down this year.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:10 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
I'll admit Iowa has shown itself to be the exception to the rule in the Big 10 the past few years.
I think a lot of it is we just get at least 3 weeks to prepare for games. Yea, so does everyone else, but it's just something our coaching staff and program has proven to be good at: preparation and execution. That's why Iowa rarely is blown out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
Penn St is a fine bowl team as well, and could have won yesterday with a decent QB. I don't mean to bash the Big 10 so much as I got so sick of reading about how the winner of the Rose Bowl might have claim to the best team in the nation because Oregon didn't play anyone and the SEC was "down".
Yea, if I were a Wisconsin fan, I'd feel worse about subjecting the nation to that than I would just for not winning the Rose Bowl. Really, Wisconsin is the only game the Big Ten should apologize for. The other games were more embarrassing to the teams that were blown out than it was to the conference. Unlike the SEC, we hope the rest of the teams do well but really don't care if they don't and it doesn't affect us in any way.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote