Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-02-2011, 09:01 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Report: Garrett will stay HC of the Cowboys

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

Can't say I'm happy about this, I've always thought Garrett was a bigger problem than Wade. Classic Jerry Jones move though, because Jason has that puppet-like quality that Jones looks for.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 01-02-2011 at 09:12 AM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:02 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Depends on if the players play hard for him. We'll see.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can't just give an NFL team to a ginger!
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:18 AM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

It makes sense. Now they just need a D-coordinator.
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:42 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

Can't say I'm happy about this, I've always thought Garrett was a bigger problem than Wade. Classic Jerry Jones move though, because Jason has that puppet-like quality that Jones looks for.
Dude, are you stupid? Do you watch Garrett's press conferences?

He is the oppossite of a puppet. Great hire. So much better than fisher.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:45 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like this decision solely based upon the CBA issues. What if they hire a John Fox/Jeff Fisher and they cannot come in and do any system implementation until August and have to kick off in 3-4 weeks.

its a stretch, but i think Garrett will do a solid job. Just get a decent D Coordinator.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:52 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Dude, are you stupid? Do you watch Garrett's press conferences?

He is the oppossite of a puppet. Great hire. So much better than fisher.
We'll agree to disagree at the moment. Ease off the personal attacks though bud.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:53 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

I believe in Garrett. I hope this news is coming out now so jerry is telling him to lose the game.

Patrick peterson!!!!!!!
Old 01-02-2011, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm kind of surprised, I figured that Jones would have held Garrett accountable for the disappointing season and hired Jeff Fisher once he presumably gets fired.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:09 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Why?

Fisher is AWFUL.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:11 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
I'm kind of surprised, I figured that Jones would have held Garrett accountable for the disappointing season and hired Jeff Fisher once he presumably gets fired.
Jerry loves to keep it in the "family", this decision was made 3 years ago. Jerry has been grooming Jason as the next yes-man coach for years.

You want change, you need to do things different. Until Jerry brings in another strong coach like Parcells, this team will continue to downward spiral.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:13 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Jerry loves to keep it in the "family", this decision was made 3 years ago. Jerry has been grooming Jason as the next yes-man coach for years.

You want change, you need to do things different. Until Jerry brings in another strong coach like Parcells, this team will continue to downward spiral.
Dude your wrong. stop being negative.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:27 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Dude your wrong. stop being negative.
You can't wait to turn every Cowboys thread into a flaming fest can you?

I can't say whether I'm happy or upset because I need to see the OC and DC he brings in. Garrett did a great job since he took over and he impressed me after that debacle at Green Bay, he deserves a shot to at least see if he's a better Head Coach then OC, which at first glance it seems.

He's certainly had his low points as an OC, but I'm willing to give him 2 years to see what he can do with a roster talented enough to make the playoffs. I did want to see if Fisher was out there and interview him, which is the only reason I don't see why we couldn't wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:42 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
You can't wait to turn every Cowboys thread into a flaming fest can you?

I can't say whether I'm happy or upset because I need to see the OC and DC he brings in. Garrett did a great job since he took over and he impressed me after that debacle at Green Bay, he deserves a shot to at least see if he's a better Head Coach then OC, which at first glance it seems.

He's certainly had his low points as an OC, but I'm willing to give him 2 years to see what he can do with a roster talented enough to make the playoffs. I did want to see if Fisher was out there and interview him, which is the only reason I don't see why we couldn't wait.
That's just it, I don't understand why we didn't at least go through an interview process. Jay Glazer reported that Jeff Fisher contacted the Cowboys and expressed his interest to leave Tennessee and come to Dallas but our Front office told him we've already made a decision.

Also, I can't see Garrett being the HC of this team and NOT handling the playcallling, he takes way too much pride in that to give it up.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:51 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see why people have always thought Fisher would even really be interested in the Dallas job anyways. He's miserable in Tennessee because of a meddling owner making personnel decisions. Why would he leave here to do the same thing over again in Dallas for Jerruh?
Old 01-02-2011, 03:34 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I like this decision solely based upon the CBA issues. What if they hire a John Fox/Jeff Fisher and they cannot come in and do any system implementation until August and have to kick off in 3-4 weeks.

its a stretch, but i think Garrett will do a solid job. Just get a decent D Coordinator.
John Fox just became available.

All predicated on whether Jeff Fisher decides if he's had a bellyful of that repugnant a-hole Bud Adams or not. Jerry has overtly lusted for Fisher in press conferences in the past. Garrett is a team legacy, 2nd-generation Cowboys employee, but imo is actually Jerry's Plan B.

Per Mike Lombardi this morning, Coughlin & other HCs on the various bubbles (Mangini? Sparano?) will probably be retained especially if they have $ due on remaining contract yrs (like Coughlin) b/c of the CBA uncertainly & upcoming possible (but not probable) lockout. So coaches who will be fired this yr already have been, all 5 of them.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would be interesting to see Dallas switch to a 4-3 with Fox as D-Coordinator. Ware at DE, Ratliff playing less out of position should play great again, but who else is a decent fit. That 2nd year LB I forget his name seems more like a 4-3 guy, but I don't know who'd be the OLBs.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:20 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never liked Garrett, but I was surprised with how quickly the team turned around once Wade was canned, him taking over lead to a massive turn around in team attitude which helped them more than having Romo could've.

It's a smart move. They need to find a defensive coordinator but there's bound to be a few good ones on the heap. Hell Iron Mike could come in.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:05 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone know the definition or criteria of that "Rooney Rule"? They just mentioned it on NBC, Florio. He said a "minority" has to be interviewed. Is that it?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Anyone know the definition or criteria of that "Rooney Rule"? They just mentioned it on NBC, Florio. He said a "minority" has to be interviewed. Is that it?
Yea basically that is the rule

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Should've gone after Cowher.

This team needs a hard-ass disciplinarian that will whip them into shape. Cowher would take them to a Super Bowl within 2-3 years, easy. Not so sure about Garrett.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:11 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone View Post
It makes sense. Now they just need a D-coordinator.
Mike Nolan might be available depending on what goes down in Miami.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:15 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post

This team needs a hard-ass disciplinarian that will whip them into shape. Cowher would take them to a Super Bowl within 2-3 years, easy. Not so sure about Garrett.
I agree, it seems like they're taking a gamble when they don't have to. They should of at least interviewed some other candidates.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:16 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Mike Nolan might be available depending on what goes down in Miami.
Nolan and Capers are the first 2 on my list, not sure if 1 or both will be available but Capers was almost hired here before he went on to GB, I can easily see him coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:19 PM    (permalink
CameronCropper
Rookie

CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post

Bill Cowher would never have gone to Dallas.

No owner in football has as much influence over personnel moves as Jerry Jones does and I can't imagine a scenario where Cowher and Jones could peacefully coexist.