Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-01-2010, 09:59 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePudge View Post
Why are Browns fans so defensive about their cellar-dwelling team being picked by some random message board posters? I think there will be teams that will be awful though, and I don't believe Cleveland will be one of them though they'll struggle to win more than five games.
For me, it's mostly because I've provided some (what I think is) valid perspective on why I think we are better and therefore will not be picking #1, and all I'm getting for a rebuttal is "lolz, Delhomme is teh worst!!!1 The Browns suck!! You guys suck, and all of the moves you made are **** bc your the Brownzz!1111!!!!"

It's frustrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
They do now, Troup, Carrington, Edwards, Williams and Stroud is a good 3-4 DL and the LBs should be good with Maybin and Schobel leading the way off the edge.
Do you think Schobel can make the transition, if he doesn't retire? I don't see much of the Bills so I don't know. Or will he struggle like Kampman did last year?
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:04 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Bills. They didnt upgrade the QB position and dont recall them spending any high picks on any OL. Do they even have the right pieces/coaches to install a successful 3-4?
Two months ago, there was only one guy on our team who was better suited for a 3-4 than the 4-3 - the youngest player on our team.
Troup and Carrington should hopefully help to make a very good foundation for the future along with Maybin. Questions are abound on the outside as Maybin has proved nothing yet and Schobel's retirement is up in the air, but they're potentially a good set of rushers. Poz, Kawika Mitchell, and Andra Davis should be serviceable on the inside. We're set on the ends - Edwards, Stroud, Spencer Johnson, and Carrington should provide a good enough set. Nose tackle is the big question for the present defense. Obviously Troup is our guy for the future, but right now all it is is a guy who went from being our best front-7 player to a guy without a real position (Kyle Williams) and a 2nd round rookie.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 01:58 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
They do now, Troup, Carrington, Edwards, Williams and Stroud is a good 3-4 DL and the LBs should be good with Maybin and Schobel leading the way off the edge.
That's exactly what I was talking about in my last post, and exactly why I said their transition will be tough.

The guys they do have might not be the greatest 3-4 fits, and the new guys are completely new.

I will take the Pats, Jets and Dolphins 3-4 front seven over anything the Bills can string together. Inexperience and fit issues (Puz, Schobel at least) will break that defense.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:07 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think anybody is going to (or at least they shouldn't) fight you on those points. But I don't see Poz as one of the major factors in that defense "breaking".

Of course, there will be no stopping us once we figure out how to effectively field a package consisting of 10 defensive backs.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 02:17 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I don't think the Raiders getting Campbell puts them over the Skins getting Mcnabb. I think people will soon realize that Campbell was the one keeping us from being a 7 or 8 win team at least. Russell does suck but his delivery as way quicker than Campbell's. I just feel like Jason is going to get murdered. Slow delivery and inability to make reads is not good when you don't have a great O-line and superior weapons.
It's more the schedule than anything else. Have you looked at Oakland's season? I'll be pulling for the Skins to do well, though. I love McNabb. I just don't have a ton of confidence in him behind a bad oline. Especially with a collection of dinosaurs at RB who should be good for a combined YPC in the 3 range. The Rams, Bears, Lions, Bucs and Jags bode well for at least a 5 win season, though. ;)

Am I mistaken, or did I see mention of Jake Delhomme as better than . . . well, anybody at QB? OMGWTFBBQ! Really? We gotz to go beyond the run of the mill lol / lmao and head straight into roflbrothel territory on that nonsense.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 02:54 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear the elf View Post
For me, it's mostly because I've provided some (what I think is) valid perspective on why I think we are better and therefore will not be picking #1, and all I'm getting for a rebuttal is "lolz, Delhomme is teh worst!!!1 The Browns suck!! You guys suck, and all of the moves you made are **** bc your the Brownzz!1111!!!!"

It's frustrating.

Do you think Schobel can make the transition, if he doesn't retire? I don't see much of the Bills so I don't know. Or will he struggle like Kampman did last year?
If he doesn't retire I think he's a great fit, he's always been undersized as a 4-3 end and he reads plays so quickly that it makes him quicker than he really is.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I pick the Chiefs every year, it's bound to work someday.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 01:14 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing no one is talking about from what I read is that you either have to have a Matt Millen as GM or have a bunch of injuries to pick number one.

I mean it could be the colts or saints if Jerry Hughes accidentally takes out Manning's knee in the pre-season practices or Drew slips getting out of the shower.

The question you should be asking is "who has the most duct tape holding them together?"

Answer: the Chiefs. QB is Matt Cassel. LT is who? Best pass rusher is who? Their best corner is who? Who is their last productive top five pick? The raiders, chargers, and broncos are better thn them.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Answer: the Chiefs. QB is Matt Cassel. LT is who? Best pass rusher is who? Their best corner is who? Who is their last productive top five pick? The raiders, chargers, and broncos are better thn them.
I think the Chiefs are the worst team in the AFC West this year, but I'd be shocked if they wind up only winning 2 or 3 games. And just because you don't know their roster doesn't make them crappy. Their left tackle is Branden Albert (a 1st round pick), their best pass rusher is Tamba Hali (a 1st round pick), and their best corner is Brandon Flowers (a really good 2nd round pick).
Old 05-02-2010, 04:48 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The thing no one is talking about from what I read is that you either have to have a Matt Millen as GM or have a bunch of injuries to pick number one.

I mean it could be the colts or saints if Jerry Hughes accidentally takes out Manning's knee in the pre-season practices or Drew slips getting out of the shower.

The question you should be asking is "who has the most duct tape holding them together?"

Keep sleeping on the Chiefs. This is exactly where they want to be, playing the under dog role. Considering that 2 of our 4 wins last season came against the AFC West (Oak and Den), it's hard to say emphatically that Denver and Oakland are better than KC. Especially when Denver is adding by subtracting their best players.

LT is Brandon Albert who struggled early in '09 but finished very strong in the final 6 games in the ZBS. Tamba Hali is their best pass rusher. He had 8.5 sacks in his 1st season as OLB in a 34, including 4 total sacks against Ryan Clady of Denver. Brandon Flowers is easily their best CB on is a fringe Pro Bowler. With Eric Berry behind him now, I fully expect Flowers to make a Pro Bowl within 2 seasons. Glenn Dorsey has been a pretty productive player. Last season was his best yet and was his first without injury problems from his broken tibia in '06. Tyson Jackson played well late, but it's really early in both their careers to lable either good or bad. So, the answer is Derrick Freaking Thomas, the HoFer!!! Dominated the game and the division.

Last edited by King Carls 5 Year Plan : 05-02-2010 at 04:51 PM.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Except that outside of the year he was fired, Millen teams never picked number 1.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Answer: the Chiefs. QB is Matt Cassel. LT is who? Best pass rusher is who? Their best corner is who?
The funny thing is other then Cassel their LT,best CB and best pass rusher are all solid players, you really have no idea what you are talking about but nice try.

Last edited by Splat : 05-02-2010 at 05:13 PM.
Splat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 05:09 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How often is the pre-season favorite to be number one end up so? I don't think the Bills will be that bad. Whoever said the Chiefs I think has a good pick. I'll go with the Seahawks. I think it's either them or the Bucs but since I hate Josh Freeman he'll probably do decent.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
Wonderbred: I'll mail you a $100 check next year if the Browns win more than 5 games in 2010.
I guess I won't have to be mailing any checks to anyone this year.

Amazing, I was right on the money! 5 wins! Poor, sad, predictable Browns.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:31 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're lucky we choked away all those 4th quarter leads, could have just as easily been an 8-8 season as it was 5-11.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:04 PM    (permalink
lowlife
Veteran

lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Once they picked Clausen... I knew... I KNEW.
lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Well... this is awkward.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB is Matt Cassel, you're right.

Our LT is Branden Albert, who had a good year.

Best pass rusher is Tamba Hali, who led the NFL in sacks this year. edit: stupid Ware passed him!

Our best corner is Brandon Flowers, a young but very good player.

Bengalsrocket is right.. this IS awkward.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 01-02-2011 at 11:01 PM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:37 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
How often is the pre-season favorite to be number one end up so? I don't think the Bills will be that bad. Whoever said the Chiefs I think has a good pick. I'll go with the Seahawks. I think it's either them or the Bucs but since I hate Josh Freeman he'll probably do decent.
lol Pretty much. :P

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:54 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
I think the Chiefs are the worst team in the AFC West this year, but I'd be shocked if they wind up only winning 2 or 3 games. And just because you don't know their roster doesn't make them crappy. Their left tackle is Branden Albert (a 1st round pick), their best pass rusher is Tamba Hali (a 1st round pick), and their best corner is Brandon Flowers (a really good 2nd round pick).
The latter part of this post makes you look like a genius.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:16 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I knew it was gonna be the Panthers. Ok I didn't post in this thread, or any other thread, and I didn't tell anyone at the time...but yeah, deep down I knew it was gonna be the Panthers ;)

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
You're lucky we choked away all those 4th quarter leads, could have just as easily been an 8-8 season as it was 5-11.
Nah, the Browns just suck. 5 wins are their destiny every year!
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote