Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-27-2010, 10:17 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really this game? Not to be a homer or anything, but if the Saints lose tonight, the Bucs/Saints match up will be for a NFC Wildcard spot, much better than a NFC West Match up, where many feel no one from this division deserves a spot in the post season.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:57 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am really excited for this game actually. I love watching the Rams. Plus, it is boring having to see the same teams play prime time games. I like variety.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I am really excited for this game actually. I love watching the Rams. Plus, it is boring having to see the same teams play prime time games. I like variety.
I love the Rams and Sam Bradford, but I just don't think they are playoff worthy right now. Give them another year or 2 and a few weapons for Bradford and they'll run through that NFC West for the next decade.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:40 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm actually really surprised, but really excited it's Primetime. I didn't expect it, at all. I figured TB/NO or something would go ahead.

But it's for the Division, and it's the #1 Overall pick with a chance to go from the worst, to 1st in one season. Last season we won 1 game, and this season 7 so far, with 8 potentially. It's a great story, and I think the NFL Media will fall in love with it if the Rams win the game.

I'm excited to see it though, a young team in Primetime. If we lose, I'll be upset, however, the Rams showed excellent Promise.

The Chief.
Eric Church - Smoke A Little Smoke
http://youtu.be/XxWjtWONuGc

Last edited by HawkeyeFan : 12-27-2010 at 06:48 PM.
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:44 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I might be in a minority here, but I'm actually looking forward to this game.

With so much on the line, this could turn into a close and interesting game.

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
I might be in a minority here, but I'm actually looking forward to this game.

With so much on the line, this could turn into a close and interesting game.
This.

I think this might actually turn out to be a much better game than people realize.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I love the Rams and Sam Bradford, but I just don't think they are playoff worthy right now. Give them another year or 2 and a few weapons for Bradford and they'll run through that NFC West for the next decade.
Not sure there is anything here i can agree with. First off Seattle is less deserving to go to the playoffs than the Rams so what are they supposed to do just forgeit the game?

To say that the Rams are going to run though the division for the next decade is nuts. Give the Seahawks, Niners or Cards a top QB out of this draft and they're in the same boat as the Rams, maybe better.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd much rather watch a game between two teams fighting for a playoff berth than one (superior) home team fighting for a playoff berth and one team fighting for a 2-seed. Also, odds are that the Bears will be playing the Packers in the first round - the NFL doesn't want to show that game two weeks in a row.

The NFL could have screwed up if ATL won last night - because that would have made the TB-NO game for a playoff berth.

Forget about records, forget about bitching about who is going to miss out because ONE time EVER a sub-.500 team will make it.

The bottom line is that these two teams are fighting for a playoff berth - winning a division crown (at 15-1, 11-5, or 7-9 doesn't matter) is the PRIMARY goal of EVERY NFL TEAM. This game is for THAT!

Also, as someone mentioned above - these teams haven't sniffed the national scene in years - it'll be nice to see some new names and faces for a change...

As for the game - consider...

-St. Louis is better at running, passing, and defense. Seattle is better on specials.

-St. Louis has already destroyed Seattle once.

-Seattle is home.

-Seattle has Aaron Curry but no one gives a ******* **** because he's an OLB in a 4-3. THANKS RUSKELL!

-Seattle's defense stifled Philip Rivers and Jay Cutler earlier in the year. They were also one of the top run defenses. Since Red Bryant got hurt, they've been pathetic. Look at TBs offensive stats last week...

-St. Louis has Fred Robbins.

-Seattle doesn't know if its senior citizen QB will be healthy enough to not break his hip by walking. If he can't go, Jesus Christ will be under center.

-The WINNER of this game will most likely be picking 21st overall in the 2011 NFL draft. The LOSER will be picking around 13th.

-This has the makings of a VERY ENTERTAINING GAME, similar to bowl game featuring mediocre teams. Both teams are playing for A LOT, although it is HIGHLY unlikely that either make it past the first round (Saints probably). But a division title in PCs first year? Spags/Bradford get one? HUGE for either franchise. Because it's such a BIG GAME + the inferior team is HOME, it is unlikely that this is a blowout. Hence, entertaining game. Make the jokes about how bad the two teams are but if you like football, this is the game you want on SNF: neither is great = good, close, hard-faught football game = WIN and YOU'RE IN!

I like Bradford, I like Spags, I like S-Jax, I picked the Rams to win the division... http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...0&#post2284800

I also want a shot at trading up for Andrew Luck...

but

Go Seahawks!

Earl Thomas pick. Golden Tate TD. BMW 6 catches. David Hawthorne 10 tackles. Don't forget Leon Washington.

Matt Hasselbeck caps off a fine career with a win

or

Jesus Christ simply exists.

GO SEAHAWKS!
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:56 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love this!!!!! So awesome. 24 weeks ago, I said I would be thrilled with a 5-11 season for my Rams. We are now talking winning the division even at 8-8. Its not our fault the Niners underachieved. Win or lose, I am so ******* proud of my team. Can't wait for Sunday, and my God, I hope to win. But win or lose: way to go Spags, way to Bradford, we are relevant again. Now, that one dude was drastically overreacting saying we will be controlling this division for the next decade. But he is right on saying we will at least compete, which is a lot better than 6-42 in 3 seasons. Beautiful! LETS GET THIS. And no matter what, I am so ******* happy with this season.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
I love this!!!!! So awesome. 24 weeks ago, I said I would be thrilled with a 5-11 season for my Rams. We are now talking winning the division even at 8-8. Its not our fault the Niners underachieved. Win or lose, I am so ******* proud of my team. Can't wait for Sunday, and my God, I hope to win. But win or lose: way to go Spags, way to Bradford, we are relevant again. Now, that one dude was drastically overreacting saying we will be controlling this division for the next decade. But he is right on saying we will at least compete, which is a lot better than 6-42 in 3 seasons. Beautiful! LETS GET THIS. And no matter what, I am so ******* happy with this season.
wtf is this ****, you are banned till the playoffs!
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:10 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
wtf is this ****, you are banned till the playoffs!
Having relations with D-Unit is a good thing.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Joecool
Rookie

Joecool Joecool Joecool Joecool Joecool Joecool Joecool

Bradford would be sick with vjax im hope they go get him and maybe blackmon in the draft.
Joecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Joecool
Rookie

Joecool Joecool Joecool Joecool Joecool Joecool Joecool

wow thos refs were lame
Joecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

highest rated overnight sunday night game rating in 9 years.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote