Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who's gonna be the best of these QB's when all is said and done?
Josh Freeman, Bucs 59 15.09%
Matthew Stafford, Lions 125 31.97%
Sam Bradford, Rams 76 19.44%
Mark Sanchez, Jets 19 4.86%
Joe Flacco, Ravens 33 8.44%
Matt Ryan, Falcons 79 20.20%
Voters: 391. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2011, 06:14 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Let's see Freeman do it again. Impressive year, but I will be interested to see if he (that whole team really) is capable of doing it again.

I think he and Ryan really separated themselves from this pack this year though. *Prepares for Flacco's QB rating to be posted*
As much as I disagree with you on most things, it's very true that Freeman and Ryan should both be at the top of this list. Bradford could very easily be number 1 though when he gets some weapons at WR though. Right now, here is my list:
1. Ryan
2. Freeman
3. Bradford
4. Flacco
5. Stafford (due to injury)
6. Sanchez
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:18 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. FREESUS Compare Ryan's 2nd season to Josh's 2010.
Also, Josh's last four games:

78 of 109 (71.6% ) for 1009 yards 9 TDs and 0 INTs for a rating of 127.8

2. Ryan
3. Bradford Special talent. Can't wait to see him in 2011 with Blackman at WR.
4. Stafford Still waiting for him to finish a season. Love his physical ability.
5. Flacco Honestly think he's a little overrated.
6. Sanchez Over-rated! CLAP-CLAP! CLAP-CLAP-CLAP!

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:23 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
1. FREESUS Compare Ryan's 2nd season to Josh's 2010.

Matt Ryan was hurt last season.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm warming up to Freeman. I still haven't seen him play (i need to see a Tampa game on national TV please), but you can't deny what he's done.

I still like Bradford the best moving forward. I think Sanchez isn't getting enough love quite frankly. It makes no sense to rate Stafford ahead of him at this point.

What the hell has Stafford done? Let's be real, seriously, what has he done?
Old 01-03-2011, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Let's see Freeman do it again. Impressive year, but I will be interested to see if he (that whole team really) is capable of doing it again.

I think he and Ryan really separated themselves from this pack this year though. *Prepares for Flacco's QB rating to be posted*
I wouldnt say they are really ahead of the group though. It woulnt shock me if any qb became the best out of this group. Flacco is slightly better then Ryan statistically this season. Ryan has a better INT ratio but that is it. What Ryan has on Flacco is consistency in the clutch. Flacco through the past 2 years flacco has had great moments in the clutch. But He also has times when he hasnt come through. We will see how Flacco progresses if/when Cameron leaves. Cameron is hurting him IMO. Cameron is an arrogant douche (what kind of NFL OC wouldnt let his QB make a ******* audible) and has terrible play calls, and has not made a single in game adjustment all season. Right now Id give the a slight edge to Ryan, but I havent counted Flacco out yet.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:27 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm warming up to Freeman. I still haven't seen him play (i need to see a Tampa game on national TV please), but you can't deny what he's done.

I still like Bradford the best moving forward. I think Sanchez isn't getting enough love quite frankly. It makes no sense to rate Stafford ahead of him at this point.

What the hell has Stafford done? Let's be real, seriously, what has he done?
Stafford, this season, seemed like he was going to have a great year. Any time he was on the field, he played very well. The injuries are a definite concern right now, but if he can stay healthy, he's my favourite moving forward. His accomplishments are definitely minimal next to the other guys, because of the injury, but this is about the future, and I see Stafford as being great. Call it a hunch I guess, but I love his toughness, his arm, his ability to be photographed with hot chicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Freeman is way more raw and underdeveloped and he's already better and more dangerous than Matt Ryan. He's the young cat to fear in the NFC South, and doesn't get 1/10th of the publicity. Won't be long before Ryan is the 4th best QB in the division, and the networks will still be draped on his nuts.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Freeman is way more raw and underdeveloped and he's already better and more dangerous than Matt Ryan. He's the young cat to fear in the NFC South, and doesn't get 1/10th of the publicity. Won't be long before Ryan is the 4th best QB in the division, and the networks will still be draped on his nuts.

Point taken, stashed for future reference.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the bucs offense takes the next step no doubt it will be freeman. Blount and Williams have to keep their heads on straight. They are loaded with young talent.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:44 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Stafford, this season, seemed like he was going to have a great year. Any time he was on the field, he played very well. The injuries are a definite concern right now, but if he can stay healthy, he's my favourite moving forward. His accomplishments are definitely minimal next to the other guys, because of the injury, but this is about the future, and I see Stafford as being great. Call it a hunch I guess, but I love his toughness, his arm, his ability to be photographed with hot chicks.

That's how I feel. It's probably not fair he's winning this poll by so much but I still feel firm on the fact that he can be a damn good QB when he plays a season. If it never happens he's a bust obviously and you can't be good on the sideline.

Stafford was my #1, but now it's Freeman. Freeman is probably everything they hoped Stafford would be, and as good of a season as he had he's only getting better. Not only is he getting better, but so are all of his weapons who were pratically rookies who he made look pretty damn good.

I still have faith in Stafford though, blind as it may be. I think he's a guy who can throw for 30 TD's especially with Calvin at WR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:50 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another thing about Freeman is he spreads the ball around. He has had multiple games where he's hit 7-8 different WRs. I mean, even Stovall had a solid past 2 games and he's been non existent all season. That is what I love about him as a Bucs fan. He doesn't just lock onto his main targets. He gets it to the open player and has great vision.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash Freeman!
Old 01-03-2011, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haha, guarantee you will eat these words. Possibly even by the end of this season.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
Haha, guarantee you will eat these words. Possibly even by the end of this season.
How the **** could he possibly "eat" them this year? He said "won't be long" hence in the future. It is also pretty obvious that he assumes Luck will be going to the Panthers, don't see how Ryan can prove he will be better than Luck this year, even if they win the SB.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post

Ryan chucking it up and letting the best receiver and TE in the division bail him out again and again isn't going to change my mind, after Freeman has commanded a bunch of wet behind the ears rookies and no name guys all season.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha it sounds a lot better when a Saints fan slags on Matt Ryan as opposed to a Bucs fan doing it.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:27 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ryan chucking it up and letting the best receiver and TE in the division bail him out again and again isn't going to change my mind, after Freeman has commanded a bunch of wet behind the ears rookies and no name guys all season.
Kellen Winslow is arguably better than Gonzo at this point, but I mostly agree.

Not sure he's better right now, but Freeman will be better than Ryan by the end of next season.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:30 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Winning a Super Bowl does not prove you are a better QB. Look at Trent Dilfer. Brad Johnson. How about Eli Manning? Basically your saying these 3 guys are better qb's than the likes of a guy, say Dan Marino, based on they won championships?

Listen, Matt Ryan is a great QB, but honestly, when Michael Turner has a bad game or defenses contain him (hence the NO monday night game and Ryan's Sophomore season) he struggled when he put his team on his back. Yes he is money in the 4th quarter most of the time and that is why he will be a top 5 QB in this league.

No offense to Falcon fans, but I just don't see them making/winning the super bowl. I'll eat my words if either happen, but I see the Saints, Packers, and Eagles beating them if they meet in the NFC Champ Game.
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
How the **** could he possibly "eat" them this year? He said "won't be long" hence in the future. It is also pretty obvious that he assumes Luck will be going to the Panthers, don't see how Ryan can prove he will be better than Luck this year, even if they win the SB.
No need to get so angry. If Ryan won the Superbowl this season, it would put him in the top echelon of QBs, not saying we will but we do have a shot. I also understand he meant Luck would be going to the Panthers, congrats on stating the obvious. Won't be long would be what? 2, 3, maybe 4 years from now? Even if Ryan somehow wasn't better than Freeman and Luck by then (which is certainly debatable, I mean although Luck is my personal fav. QB prospect I've watched ever he hasn't ever stepped foot on an NFL field), you would assume Brees would have regressed even more by then. He threw 22 picks this season, you're telling me how ever many years from now you expect that to be that much better?

Right now I have Matt Ryan as better than Josh Freeman. And that is not to discredit Freeman. He was absolutely fantastic this season, and made spectacular decisions. If he plays this way again next season, or even improves as you would expect, maybe I would have a different opinion.
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was very impressed with Freeman the more I saw him. I still want to see Bradford have a couple more weapons. After watching last nights game, people should understand why the Rams dink and dunk so much. They don't have one WR that could start on another NFL team, with the exception of maybe Amendola in the slot. Gibson is a decent #3 and Alexander has potential. They need to draft either Julion Jones or Blackmon, resign Clayton and get Avery healthy. They could be a force if they do that. Rds 2-4 could be spent on D.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:32 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Also, Matt Ryan was never asked to put a team on his back and carry an offense the way Freeman has. Freeman finally got a running game in the 6th game of the season this year and he is even more dangerous. Yeah this is coming from a Bucs fan, but honestly, any one who watches him and knows football would have to agree that the ceiling is alot higher for Freeman than Matt Ryan.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Winning a Super Bowl does not prove you are a better QB. Look at Trent Dilfer. Brad Johnson. How about Eli Manning? Basically your saying these 3 guys are better qb's than the likes of a guy, say Dan Marino, based on they won championships?

Listen, Matt Ryan is a great QB, but honestly, when Michael Turner has a bad game or defenses contain him (hence the NO monday night game and Ryan's Sophomore season) he struggled when he put his team on his back. Yes he is money in the 4th quarter most of the time and that is why he will be a top 5 QB in this league.

No offense to Falcon fans, but I just don't see them making/winning the super bowl. I'll eat my words if either happen, but I see the Saints, Packers, and Eagles beating them if they meet in the NFC Champ Game.
Oh no, don't get me wrong. I do not mean to insinuate that winning a Super Bowl will somehow magically transform Ryan into a top 5 QB. If he gets carried to the Superbowl and doesn't play well, I will say it. But if he plays well on his road to the Superbowl, and in that game, then you have to admit that would make him a "greater QB" in terms of success. And I don't think the road to the Superbowl will be easy either, we will not make it there just like that. We have a shot, just like every other team.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:33 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

If the Panthers draft Andrew Luck, can you just imagine the NFC South for the next 5-10 years?

Ryan, Brees, Freeman, and Luck.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Quote:
That's fine if you have your decision made, but I do believe you should watch more closely. Tony Gonzalez made the Pro Bowl on name recognition only this past season, he is a shadow of his former self. He is still a good player, but I'd rank KW2, and maybe even Jeremy Shockey ahead of him at this point. You're right, Roddy is a beast, but that doesn't diminish what Ryan has done. Jenkins is pretty much a bum most of the time, save a couple games, Finneran is garbage, and Harry Douglas has disappointed coming back from injury.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:38 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Freeman already has a better statistical output than Ryan in most categories, and with arguably a worse supporting cast. Can't say I know a lot about the Falcons offensive line, though.

Freeman has thrown less interceptions, but Ryan has almost 100 more attempts than Freeman does. Still, 474 passes by Freeman with only six picks - don't think that number goes much higher with 100 more throws.

Ryan has him beat slightly by completion percentage, but Freeman has a higher YPA by almost a full point. Here's a stat for you - in passes between 20-30 yards, Freeman has a 64.5 completion percentage to Ryan's 57.4. Quite the number.

And Freeman's clutch - with the exception of the Grimes pick that sealed the deal for Atlanta a few weeks ago.