Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who's gonna be the best of these QB's when all is said and done?
Josh Freeman, Bucs 59 15.05%
Matthew Stafford, Lions 126 32.14%
Sam Bradford, Rams 76 19.39%
Mark Sanchez, Jets 19 4.85%
Joe Flacco, Ravens 33 8.42%
Matt Ryan, Falcons 79 20.15%
Voters: 392. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2011, 11:40 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRickJames View Post
Freeman already has a better statistical output than Ryan in most categories, and with arguably a worse supporting cast. Can't say I know a lot about the Falcons offensive line, though.

Freeman has thrown less interceptions, but Ryan has almost 100 more attempts than Freeman does. Still, 474 passes by Freeman with only six picks - don't think that number goes much higher with 100 more throws.

Ryan has him beat slightly by completion percentage, but Freeman has a higher YPA by almost a full point. Here's a stat for you - in passes between 20-30 yards, Freeman has a 64.5 completion percentage to Ryan's 57.4. Quite the number.

And Freeman's clutch - with the exception of the Grimes pick that sealed the deal for Atlanta a few weeks ago.
Matt Ryan is clutch himself, hence the nickname Matty Ice.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:40 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Matt Ryan is clutch himself, hence the nickname Matty Ice.
Very true, I wasn't taking anything away from Ryan with that note. Just informing people that Freeman has the clutch factor too.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:42 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan isn't my favorite QB out of this group but he sure does get trashed alot for such a good young QB. None of these guys are perfect, and listening to some speak on these boards if you don't throw 4k yards, 30 TD's and less then 10 picks your not good enough. The only guy IMO who isn't gonna be on par with the rest of these guys careers is Mark Sanchez.

Every single other guy could end up a top 10 QB at some point in their career, but Ryan really doesn't get much respect but I guess he doesn't have a big arm or do it the flashy way.

"Chucking it up and letting the best WR and TE bail him out"? Yea, because Gonzo is totally the type of player right now who would bail out a QB. If your #1 WR was as good as Roddy White and you had the lovely Michael Jenkins as your #2 who would you be throwing to? Maybe he should stop throwing to Roddy who is open 97% of the time and throw to Jenkins who outside of blocking is useless.

He's made some very clutch plays when they needed him to, with accurate and precise throws. Why the hate? I don't think he's better then Freeman personally but I know most teams would kill for a QB of his caliber, and quite honestly if they had a guy like Sproles, or a slot WR, or a #2 WR that could open up that offense you might see his stats get even better, which by the way is remarkable for what he has to work with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRickJames View Post
Freeman already has a better statistical output than Ryan in most categories, and with arguably a worse supporting cast. Can't say I know a lot about the Falcons offensive line, though.

Freeman has thrown less interceptions, but Ryan has almost 100 more attempts than Freeman does. Still, 474 passes by Freeman with only six picks - don't think that number goes much higher with 100 more throws.

Ryan has him beat slightly by completion percentage, but Freeman has a higher YPA by almost a full point. Here's a stat for you - in passes between 20-30 yards, Freeman has a 64.5 completion percentage to Ryan's 57.4. Quite the number.

And Freeman's clutch - with the exception of the Grimes pick that sealed the deal for Atlanta a few weeks ago.
I don't disagree with most of this. Freeman obviously has a stronger arm than Ryan, and that is part of the reason people will always say he was the higher ceiling (the other being his size and mobility). The YPA part I explained in the other thread, we never really go deep or for YAC, we are a possession team, and that is what Mike Mularkey asked Ryan to do this season. We would run the ball a couple times, put Ryan in a 3rd and like 7 half the time, and he would get the job done. We would go ten yards at a time and hold on to the ball for a very high percentage of the game. We will see if Ryan gets the chance to spread the ball around more next season, as it is looking more and more like Mularkey may be leaving for a HC position. There is no doubt in my mind that Ryan could have a much YPA had he been asked to do different things out there. He just seems to always clutch it out when we need it on these 3rd downs, and pretty much whenever we are down in the 4th quarter. The thing is, what our offense does works, it isn't sexy but we grind the clock out and it gets the job done as the team finished 13-3.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:49 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Freeman has really won me over this year. I didn't think he could be this good, much less so soon.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:56 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They should throw to Roddy White all the time, but we shouldn't have to hear everyone suck his **** when the receiver does the difficult part, gets wacked, and hangs on no matter what.

Freeman did it with a lot less, and is the same age Ryan was when he was throwing 20 picks in college.

I didn't think Freeman would be a stud QB, but he's already carrying an offense as a pup with raw ability.

Ryan is polished, and hasn't changed all that much as a player other than minor tweaks, he's still not scary to face at all, above average, but not awe inspiring.

As for not having 30 tds and 4000 yards as a young player, when you are called the next Peyton Manning/Tom Brady, I expect a lot more, sue me.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:00 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a little early to judge Bradford and Stafford, but right now it's Freeman and it's not even that close.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:06 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
It's a little early to judge Bradford and Stafford, but right now it's Freeman and it's not even that close.
I like this guy.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:08 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Ryan is polished, and hasn't changed all that much as a player other than minor tweaks, he's still not scary to face at all, above average, but not awe inspiring.

As for not having 30 tds and 4000 yards as a young player, when you are called the next Peyton Manning/Tom Brady, I expect a lot more, sue me.
Bingo. Now that Favre is gone, Matt Ryan is the new most overrated QB in football. He's well-suited for their conservative offensive, but that doesn't make him an elite player.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:38 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I like this guy.
Me too. lol

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:47 AM    (permalink
Dougie-Fresh
Rookie

Dougie-Fresh is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDougie-Fresh is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDougie-Fresh is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDougie-Fresh is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDougie-Fresh is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDougie-Fresh is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDougie-Fresh is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDougie-Fresh is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDougie-Fresh is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDougie-Fresh is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDougie-Fresh is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Stafford when healthy, but he's never healthy. So give me Franchise Freeman.
Dougie-Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:42 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All this Freeman love makes me so, so, so happy, and I'm not even a Bucs fan.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:44 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a big Matt Ryan fan. I just don't see it. I think I would like him more if ESPN wasn't on his nuts so hard, calling him the next Peyton Manning.

I think he's a good qb, but I don't find him particularly scary to go against. I think he gets exposed in the playoffs. Stop Michael Turner, and you stop that offense.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The bucs should get some o-line help in the draft for Freeman. Every one of their o-lineman graded out negatively this year along with the tightends in blocking. 9 different guys had 300+ snaps on the o-line.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:55 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish I had Mike Williams, Kellen Winslow / Roddy White, Tony G, Jenkins / Calvin Johnson, Pettigrew, Best.

I have Amendola, a slot WR.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:57 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I'm probably being a little too hard on Ryan due to the overhype. I think he's the 2nd best QB on the list, at the moment, with Flacco third.

I don't understand why so many people voted Stafford. Based on what? College?

Old 01-04-2011, 12:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm probably being a little too hard on Ryan due to the overhype. I think he's the 2nd best QB on the list, at the moment, with Flacco third.

It's a hunch I guess. I kind of understand where they're coming from, but I just can't give him the same credit.

His signature game so far in his career was when he led a comeback vs the Browns. The freakin Browns.

And he happens to seperate his shoulder while doing it.

I think we're all selling Sanchez short to be honest. I know he has his flaws and made his share of mistakes, but the guy has had some great games too, and I think we overrate the talent around him. And he's won big games. More big games than any of these guys.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:07 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have never and will never understand the Stafford fetish on this board.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:09 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I have never and will never understand the Stafford fetish on this board.

Probably has something to do with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

For the record, let's note that defense for both of those teams that day were absolutely abysmal.

I mean...Brady Quinn was caught in a shootout with him. So how significant was that game really?
Old 01-04-2011, 12:15 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Well it was a Lions game, so not significant at all.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:17 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
For the record, let's note that defense for both of those teams that day were absolutely abysmal.

I mean...Brady Quinn was caught in a shootout with him. So how significant was that game really?
I think it has less to do with the actual football and more to do with the fact that he was willing to kill himself for a meaningless win in a meaningless season. The toughness, leadership, and poise he showed in that clip alone is what has me impressed. I understand that it was just a game against the Browns, but he endeared himself to alot of people in alot of different fan bases with that performance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:18 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stafford is my pick hopefully he can stay healthy and turn the Lions into winners. Josh Freeman is the truth though. I mean, wow. What a fun QB to watch, I found myself watching a lot of Bucs games this year.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

This thread was made the week after his 4 TD -1 INT game against Washington.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:33 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Also, Matt Ryan was never asked to put a team on his back and carry an offense the way Freeman has. Freeman finally got a running game in the 6th game of the season this year and he is even more dangerous. Yeah this is coming from a Bucs fan, but honestly, any one who watches him and knows football would have to agree that the ceiling is alot higher for Freeman than Matt Ryan.
There's been several games where we have depended on Matt Ryan to win the game, that's absolutely ridiculous.

And I don't get this with Bucs fans. (Not necessarily you, just in general) Either Blount, Williams, K2, Penn are as great as you guys say they are or they are rookies and nothings that Freeman carried to greatness.

Agreed, Freeman has more physical tools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post

3700 yards and 28 TDs. You're right, he's so far off from that!

Quote:
Bingo. Now that Favre is gone, Matt Ryan is the new most overrated QB in football. He's well-suited for their conservative offensive, but that doesn't make him an elite player.
Damn that Matt Ryan for playing in a balanced offensive attack! Our offensive is conservative why? Because we don't make mistakes? Or because we don't throw the ball deep 15 times a game?