Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flashback, way back.

Way back, 2004: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...sn=001&sc=1000
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:24 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
From the JS Online blog.
Makes this season even more impressive. Tough schedule + having a lot of their key guys go down with injury and they still found a way to get to the playoffs
Old 01-04-2011, 06:14 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McCarthy has a few issues with Rodgers, offense

Wow... Umm Mik, you're the one calling the plays. The players can only try to execute what you want to call. Doesn't help when you abandon the run after the 1st series of a game either. I give Rodgers alot of credit for being able to work behind a shaky offensive line and no run game. And how many times have we seen Rodgers auidible into a run play? Even he knows you can't pass every down.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:46 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YES! YES!

Desmond Bishop was just extended. Breaking news. 4 yr/19 million. Don't know how the deal breaks out, what is guaranteed, etc

what a ****** deal! So stoked about this.

Last edited by BloodBrother : 01-04-2011 at 10:53 AM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:49 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
McCarthy has a few issues with Rodgers, offense

Wow... Umm Mik, you're the one calling the plays. The players can only try to execute what you want to call. Doesn't help when you abandon the run after the 1st series of a game either. I give Rodgers alot of credit for being able to work behind a shaky offensive line and no run game. And how many times have we seen Rodgers auidible into a run play? Even he knows you can't pass every down.

I don't have a problem with this. I like how he both praises, and yet criticizes Rodgers. I take it as him challenging/motivating Rodgers
Old 01-04-2011, 11:09 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
YES! YES!

Desmond Bishop was just extended. Breaking news. 4 yr/19 million. Don't know how the deal breaks out, what is guaranteed, etc
what a ****** deal! So stoked about this.
The Green Bay Packers signed linebacker Desmond Bishop to a four-year, $19 million contract extension, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

I still think Barnett will be the odd man out this off-season.
Hawk will be restructured/extended.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:10 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
I don't have a problem with this. I like how he both praises, and yet criticizes Rodgers. I take it as him challenging/motivating Rodgers
Exactly. You have to keep some criticism coming in small amounts, can't let his head get too big, etc.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:13 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

love to have Bishop locked up and hopefully Barnett is cut loose

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

AJ Hawk really took control of the defense, and their play improved dramatically. They still would need to restructure his deal if he were to stay, though

really tough decision on who they would cut loose or try to use as trade bait. Him or Barnett. Poppinga is due for I think 2.5 mill in 2011, but I think he's as good as gone with the other cheap OLB options stepping up(Zombo/Walden) and they could add another OLB via the draft

Still got Jenkins to re-sign, and James Jones(don't even care if they bring him back)
Old 01-04-2011, 01:25 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think James Jones should go someplace warm; he has had a lot of drops when the weather turns cold and the ball is wet.

Glad to see Bishop back, but does this make him our highest paid ILB?
Old 01-04-2011, 02:01 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Not even close. Hawk/Barnett are making more, and I think Chillar may be, to
Old 01-04-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
love to have Bishop locked up and hopefully Barnett is cut loose
My thoughts as well. I like Barnett but you need to be available week to week. His durability is starting to become a huge concern.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:32 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
My thoughts as well. I like Barnett but you need to be available week to week. His durability is starting to become a huge concern.
Bigby & Jenkins have been getting banged up too much also. Atari will be gone, but we need Jenkins. But he needs to stay on the field.

Chillar is making too much money. I'd rather trade him and keep Barnett and Hawk. But that's unlikely as Eugene Kane being honest is.

Anyone know the terms of Barnett's contract? Is he tradeable?
Hawk will sign a long-term extension to bring his cap # down.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:31 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
He's had two serious season ending injuries. Other than that he's been very healthy throughout his career. It's not like Bigby who keeps getting nagging injuries, or Harrell who throws out his back in the weight room. Getting two season ending injuries more unlucky than a durability concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Chillar is making too much money. I'd rather trade him and keep Barnett and Hawk. But that's unlikely as Eugene Kane being honest is.
Chillar will make $2 million next year. There's absolutely no reason to move him regardless of what happens with the other three.

Quote:
AJ Hawk really took control of the defense, and their play improved dramatically.
I think people have been giving Hawk a little too much credit. He's really stepped up his play this year, but a healthy Nick Barnett is still better.

Quote:
James Jones(don't even care if they bring him back)
Well that's just dumb. Jones is a starting WR in this league, and it's going to be for the Packers as soon as next year.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:25 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not even close. Hawk/Barnett are making more, and I think Chillar may be, to
i know of Hawks' 10 million figure, but Chillar is making about 2 million and Barnett 3-3.5, so i'm pretty sure Bishops numbers are bigger.

Before Hawk stepped up as a leader, I would have never wanted to drop Barnett, but i still believe Barnett is the heart of this defense and would keep him over Hawk.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:18 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hawk is very mehhhh doesn't do much for me. To bad Barnett wasnt able to play this year, if he was the decision would be much easier. It seems many people have forgotten about him an are now all about AJ. I dont understand it really.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Hawk is very mehhhh doesn't do much for me. To bad Barnett wasnt able to play this year, if he was the decision would be much easier. It seems many people have forgotten about him an are now all about AJ. I dont understand it really.
Hawk is old reliable. He makes tackles, he handles blockers, he'll do okay in coverage. He almost never makes a big play but he makes all the little ones. Combined with the more playmaking Hawk and Des, it's something good to have.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:28 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
He's had two serious season ending injuries. Other than that he's been very healthy throughout his career. It's not like Bigby who keeps getting nagging injuries, or Harrell who throws out his back in the weight room. Getting two season ending injuries more unlucky than a durability concern.
Doesn't matter to me, its all the same. You have to be available and 29 of 58 games isn't being available to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Bigby & Jenkins have been getting banged up too much also. Atari will be gone, but we need Jenkins. But he needs to stay on the field.
Its probably why Jenkins hasn't been extended yet. I agree his talent is undeniable but at some point you have to consider what you're going to be back in your investment.

Last edited by cvv84 : 01-04-2011 at 07:30 PM.
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:33 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone ever hear how Finely was doing? I know he got an infection and was really sick so hopefully things are going well now. Since he got hurt are TE's have did about nothing in the receiving game. Really miss the guy hes a beast.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 01-04-2011, 09:39 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Doesn't matter to me, its all the same. You have to be available and 29 of 58 games isn't being available to me.
There's a difference. It's not nagging injuries that keep recurring. Going forward Hawk is just as likely to have injuries as Barnett.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:42 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
H
Well that's just dumb. Jones is a starting WR in this league, and it's going to be for the Packers as soon as next year.
He is an UFA right? He is too inconsistent and I don't care if they bring him back or not
Old 01-04-2011, 10:07 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
He is an UFA right? He is too inconsistent and I don't care if they bring him back or not
That's ridiculous. You don't let receivers like him walk. And I've seen that garbage about him being inconsistent on JSOnline too. He's currently the 3rd WR on a team that goes four deep, of course he's not going to be getting 70 yards every single week. Put him on a team like the Rams and he's a number one receiver and would consistently produce.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:37 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

I like James but he seems to have butterfingers especially on some crucial plays. Then again Greg had a huge drop this week and againist the Lions which resulted in a pick.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 01-04-2011, 11:03 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
That's ridiculous. You don't let receivers like him walk. And I've seen that garbage about him being inconsistent on JSOnline too. He's currently the 3rd WR on a team that goes four deep, of course he's not going to be getting 70 yards every single week. Put him on a team like the Rams and he's a number one receiver and would consistently produce.
by inconsistent I mean that he has flashes of brilliance, and the skill is obviously there, but for whatever reason the dude seems to have trouble with drops and fumbles, and is lazy when it comes to jumpballs. I wasn't talking about yardage/td production
Old 01-05-2011, 06:18 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
There's a difference. It's not nagging injuries that keep recurring. Going forward Hawk is just as likely to have injuries as Barnett.
I know what you mean already, it doesn't make a difference.