Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-05-2011, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Just perpetuate the rumors that Bradley was available because JoePa is done. Will be forced out by the University and they will hire Tony Dungee.
Not sure I would like Dungy. I mean I don't think it would be bad, but can he recruit?
Old 01-05-2011, 07:59 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tony Dungy doesn't strike me as the type of guy who would like to deal with kids and recruiting. I can't see him putting up with the BS one needs to in order to succeed in CFB.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but Manny Diaz, Miss State DC, is the new Texas DC and the Longhorns have also hired the excellent Bennie Wylie from Tennessee as their new strength and conditioning coach.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:15 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but Manny Diaz, Miss State DC, is the new Texas DC and the Longhorns have also hired the excellent Bennie Wylie from Tennessee as their new strength and conditioning coach.

We should've never saved that state from Mexico. Davy Crockett is a jerkasaurus rex!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:16 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So maybe I'm just dumb, but where the hell did this rumor come from that not Jim, but John Harbaugh might be interested in the Michigan job? I'm hearing that he (or his agent) may have contacted Michigan at some point expressing interest? Seems like just a rumor. Why would he leave the Ravens to coach college ball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:14 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like a random rumor. Why would a successful playoff bound NFL coach look at a college job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:18 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Multiple reports say Bryan Harsin and Major Applewhite will be co-OCs at Texas.

I think this is a moronic decision by Texas. Why hire Harsin away from Boise State if all he's going to do is share the position with Applewhite?

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-06-2011, 08:20 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Sounds like a random rumor. Why would a successful playoff bound NFL coach look at a college job?
I'm sure it is. The only reason I even posted it is because Rivals has John listed in Michigan's coaching "hot list." Not that Rivals is particularly accurate or anything. I just thought it was a weird rumor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:33 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
So maybe I'm just dumb, but where the hell did this rumor come from that not Jim, but John Harbaugh might be interested in the Michigan job? I'm hearing that he (or his agent) may have contacted Michigan at some point expressing interest? Seems like just a rumor. Why would he leave the Ravens to coach college ball?
To get the Ravens to give him more money.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
To get the Ravens to give him more money.
latest article on Michigan's rival site indicates that part oft he problem is that John doesn't make much money with Baltimore, but also said that things aren't exactly that great in Baltimore
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:29 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN reporting that it's between San Fran and Stanford for Harbaugh.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:39 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Former Ohio State linebacker Marcus Freeman was just hired as the linebacker's coach for Kent State

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-07-2011, 06:03 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Reported that this plane was spotted at the Baton Rouge metro airport.

Univ. of Michigan Official’s Jet Visits Baton Rouge - SPORTSbyBROOKS

If Miles went to Michigan, LSU should throw the kitchen sink at Jimbo Fisher. And the trap is set...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:26 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post

Reported that this plane was spotted at the Baton Rouge metro airport.

Univ. of Michigan Official’s Jet Visits Baton Rouge - SPORTSbyBROOKS

If Miles went to Michigan, LSU should throw the kitchen sink at Jimbo Fisher. And the trap is set...
Love it! haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:06 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

I was asked today who I would want (realistically) as the next head coach of LSU if Miles were to leave and here's my list:

Gus Malzahn
Jimbo Fisher
Tommy Tuberville
Bo Pelini
Mike Leach

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-07-2011, 07:07 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That jet story is way overblown. Miles is currently in Dallas, TX not Baton Rouge. LSU is playing in the Cotton Bowl. With that said, U-M is still going to push hard for him this weekend.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:07 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I was asked today who I would want (realistically) as the next head coach of LSU if Miles were to leave and here's my list:

Gus Malzahn
Jimbo Fisher
Tommy Tuberville
Bo Pelini
Mike Leach
Malzahn would be your first choice? Jimbo would be sick, but would he leave FSU?

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Schad says on Twitter that TCU head coach Gary Patterson signed an extension.

**** me in the ear.

Quote:
Gary Patterson has a new deal through 2018, the school confirms in a press release

LSUFreek is the greatest.

Also from Schad,

Quote:
Chris Peterson isn't headed to Michigan but don't be shocked if he listens to Stanford
**** me in the other ear.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:46 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lsufreek is a god, wow. was worth it.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:52 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Malzahn would be your first choice? Jimbo would be sick, but would he leave FSU?
Yeah, Malzahn is my first choice. I think he would bring an exciting brand of football to LSU and he's been a winner everywhere he's gone. Jimbo Fisher is a close 2nd.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by diabsoule : 01-07-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NVM wrong thread.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:11 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Malzahn would be a pretty easy hire, in my opinion. You don't pass up being HC at a place like LSU to stay an OC at Auburn. Tuberville would probably pounce on an opportunity to return to the SEC at a power school, and while Fisher and Pelini would be the toughest pulls, they'd would be perceived as the best hires and both have ties to the school too. It'd be the best opportunity provided for Leach since he's been canned as well.

I think Fisher would be the best hire possible, especially if he brings some of his assistants like Eddie Gran in addition to keeping guys like Frank Wilson. You'd have the states of Louisiana and Florida in your pockets with that group.

I'd rank 'em: 1) Jimbo Fisher, 2) Gus Malzahn, 3) Bo Pelini, 4) Tommy Tuberville, 5) Mike Leach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
That jet story is way overblown. Miles is currently in Dallas, TX not Baton Rouge. LSU is playing in the Cotton Bowl. With that said, U-M is still going to push hard for him this weekend.
I think they're supposedly waiting on Miles to get back from the Cotton Bowl, and that they're supposedly meeting with his agent in the meantime. Supposedly.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
besides, Brandon has been taking the Domino's plane.

Only things I know for sure is Harbaugh was offered a deal but wanted to go to the NFL, and they reached out to Pat Fitzgerald.
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:56 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post

I'd rank 'em: 1) Jimbo Fisher, 2) Gus Malzahn, 3) Bo Pelini, 4) Tommy Tuberville, 5) Mike Leach.
I agree with Jimbo being the best hire out of those candidates but i think Pelini would be ranked ahead of Malzahn. Any of those guys would be great hires, but i cant see Leach getting a job as big as this right off the bat, i see him getting a smaller school offer first.

Quote:
Old 01-08-2011, 10:47 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Tom Bradley to Pitt. VERY good hire. They will get a lot of Western Pa recruits. I wouldn't be surprised to see Teryl Austin coming along too.

http://www.wtae.com/sports/26381620/detail.html
Turns out that this report was FALSE!!!!

Pitt has still not hired a HC.

Who has interviewed...

Tom Bradley - Penn St. DC (will interview at UConn this Sunday)
Todd Graham - Tulsa HC (Twice)
Bud Foster - Virginia Tech DC

Rumored to interview soon or may have...

Teryl Austin - Former Florida DC
Greg Roman - Stanford Asst HC
Mario Cristobal - Florida International HC