Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 12-21-2010, 07:25 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Draft Picks:
2nd Round, #46: Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame
5th Round, #142: Alex Linnenkohl C Oregon State

Trades:
Oakland receives:
QB Jimmy Clausen

Carolina receives:
LB Thomas Howard
Pick #110

Vikings Give:
OT Bryant McKinnie
#148 Overall

Raiders Give:
#78 Overall
#142 Overall

My Review:: I think I really helped out our offence in this draft. McKinnie is still an above average starter in this league and is only 31. Getting him to play RT will help us alot and lets us slide Langston Walker to RG to replace Carlisle who sucks. Michael Floyd was too much value to pass up in the 2nd. I have him as a top 20 prospect right now and getting him to go along with DHB, Ford and Murphy will give us 4 young talented guys to build around. I like the Clausen trade I ended up accepting as well. Clausen is in a bad situation right now in Carolina and was not close to being able to start. I had Clausen as a top 10 pick last year and trading my 4th and Thomas Howard who is just a back up for us now was too much to pass up. In the 5th drafting Alex Linnenkohl is another good value pick, he is seen as a 4th round prospect by alot of guys right now. Satele will likely be the starter over him for 1 more year then we will see what he can do for us.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:04 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2nd: Jimmy Smith CB Colorado
The type of athlete Al looks for and he is actually a football player. Could start over Routt possibly or be a back up

3rd: Kris O'Dowd C USC
Could end up being our 2nd round pick,but I will play it safe. O'Dowd when healthy is a NFL starting center in this league. At 6'5 300lbs he has the size to hang with the 3-4 NT's.

4th: Greg Romeus DE Pittsburgh
Probably would have been a 2nd rounder but the injury really hurts him. Take a chance in the 4th on him and might end up getting a player that can make a real impact in our rotation

5th: Andrew Jackson OL Fresno State
He might end up being a 3rd/4th pick but if he is there Id take him. Seems like a guy who can be a OT or OG depending on the team.

6th:Special Teams
7th:Special Teams

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 12-29-2010, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we some how can pick up Jimmy Smith or Kris O'Dowd with our 2nd rounder Id jizz everywhere. Both in the 2nd and 3rd I don't even know what Id do.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:22 PM    (permalink
MizzouBig12
Rookie

MizzouBig12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.MizzouBig12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I say, CAM NEWTON!!!

(I had to add the wink, so I wouldn't necessarily be neg-repped to death!)

Last edited by MizzouBig12 : 12-29-2010 at 02:25 PM. Reason: addition
MizzouBig12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:49 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Id support Cam as the pick 100% as long as Hue Jackson stays here for as long as Cam is here. I think he could make Cam into a real good QB, and still get him on the field early as well in packages with him, DMC and Bush in the back field. It would be..... SWEEEEEET

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 12-30-2010, 02:07 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Is Nnamdi gone am I missing something?We have one of the best CB duos in the league.Why draft a CB that high?
Old 12-30-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
Is Nnamdi gone am I missing something?We have one of the best CB duos in the league.Why draft a CB that high?
We have one of the best(IMO the best) CB in Nnamdi, but Routt is servicable. We need playmakers in the secondary, we only have 10 ints and the leaders are Huff and Johnson with 2. I think drafting a CB in the 2nd/3rd for the future is a good idea and the player will make more of a impact as the 3rd CB than Chris Johnson has.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 12-30-2010, 06:08 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cam Newton isn't going to be anywhere near our second round pick....thankfully.

Meh, no thanks to Michael Floyd. Carbon copy of Chaz, including an injury history. I'm a Notre Dame fan, so I want to have him.....but I can't look past his similarities to Chaz.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:20 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
We have one of the best(IMO the best) CB in Nnamdi, but Routt is servicable. We need playmakers in the secondary, we only have 10 ints and the leaders are Huff and Johnson with 2. I think drafting a CB in the 2nd/3rd for the future is a good idea and the player will make more of a impact as the 3rd CB than Chris Johnson has.
So we should bypass drafting OL,QB,OLB, all for a guy who could come in as a NB and then potentially a starter? For a guy playing opposite Nnamdi, Routt's played pretty good and I honestly don't see the logic in spending alot of money or a high draft pick to try and upgrade the situation especially when theres so many other places for this team to improve.
And if we need another playmaker in the secondary why spend it on a guy whos gonna play most of the time in at NB. Why not draft a SS who can cover and make plays?
As far as playmakers instead of trying to draft guys why don't we take 2 of our players on offense McFadden and Ford and improve the oline so they can have more opportunities to make plays.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:26 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
So we should bypass drafting OL,QB,OLB, all for a guy who could come in as a NB and then potentially a starter? For a guy playing opposite Nnamdi, Routt's played pretty good and I honestly don't see the logic in spending alot of money or a high draft pick to try and upgrade the situation especially when theres so many other places for this team to improve.
And if we need another playmaker in the secondary why spend it on a guy whos gonna play most of the time in at NB. Why not draft a SS who can cover and make plays?
As far as playmakers instead of trying to draft guys why don't we take 2 of our players on offense McFadden and Ford and improve the oline so they can have more opportunities to make plays.
Is OLB a need? Wimbley played well I thought and Groves/Scott are decent. Im sure that can be addressed in F/A or trade if we think that a OLB will make our defense better.

OL is going to be address in the 2nd/3rd no doubt if Al lets Cable keep control. He said we were going to draft one of the OT's last year if one fell, and I expect Cable to find a C/RG/RT in the 2nd/3rd that can start for us like Veldheer has.

Im just thinking that Nnamdi could be gone if he doesnt resign in the next 2 years and I dont want to have Routt as our #1 CB. A CB like Jimmy Smith is exactly what Al looks for in a CB and I would not be surpised to see him drafted in the 2nd

Also on the offensive topic, I still dont trust any of our WR's to make a impact in all 16 games. We must get a reliable WR for Campbell in the off season. I mentioned Floyd just because if he falls to the 2nd like some are saying, he would be great value in my eyes and the type of WR we need.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Last edited by RaiderNation : 12-30-2010 at 06:29 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:44 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Plus with Routt being a F/A we might no be able to afford him since we will need to resign alot of other guys like Seymour, Miller, and Bush

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 01-01-2011, 03:59 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Is OLB a need? Wimbley played well I thought and Groves/Scott are decent.
Groves is invisible and as a unit the LB core is horrrible in pass coverage.Scott played more at DE then OLB.Yes its much more of a need than a starting corner,
Quote:
Im sure that can be addressed in F/A or trade if we think that a OLB will make our defense better
The same can be said at CB.

Quote:
OL is going to be address in the 2nd/3rd no doubt if Al lets Cable keep control. He said we were going to draft one of the OT's last year if one fell, and I expect Cable to find a C/RG/RT in the 2nd/3rd that can start for us like Veldheer has.
Its also much more needed than CB.
Quote:
Im just thinking that Nnamdi could be gone if he doesnt resign in the next 2 years and I dont want to have Routt as our #1 CB. A CB like Jimmy Smith is exactly what Al looks for in a CB and I would not be surpised to see him drafted in the 2nd
If Cable wants to keep the HC position and if he has any say in who we draft he'd be smart to draft players that can come in and play next season rather than players who will take 2 years to make a real impact. And on another note we've drafted plenty of DBs in the first two rounds over the past decade.The only one whos a star is Nnamdi. Routt's made a good #2. All the others are either on another team or have underperformed.Mike Mitchell still deserves more time.
Quote:
Plus with Routt being a F/A we might no be able to afford him since we will need to resign alot of other guys like Seymour, Miller, and Bush
Routt's more valuable than Bush.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:19 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Im just telling you how Al thinks, since he values DB's alot more than LB and OL(Nnamdi and Huff are 1st round picks, Routt was a 2nd and Branch was a 4th. Also Mitchell was a 2nd). I just think he has enough at those positions or he thinks he can draft them later. Routt could be left out since of the money problems this franchise has and the players we need to resign. I agree I would too draft a OL in the 2nd and CB maybe in the 3rd/4th depending on value. OLB can be addressed in F/A or trade I think though. Al did trade for Wimbley whon produced as a pass rusher and in pass coverage. I think a guy who can stop the run like maybe even bring Morrison back on the cheap? He could be a the OLB that fits this new defense.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 01-04-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

_YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want Oakland to take the best player available at number 49 that's what they did with McClain and Houston keep on doing it.
_YL_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:07 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Anybody else think that with Cable gone, Al will likely be drafting again?

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 01-06-2011, 05:15 PM    (permalink
SwagU
Veteran

SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if with Hue or Harbaugh Al would be okay with staying a bit more in the shadows. Anyone either then those two and Al is goona call the shots.
SwagU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:18 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

I think its ok to rule out Harbaugh now. He is either going to Miami, back to Stanford or slight chance to Denver. Hue is the only guy that makes sense now

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 01-06-2011, 05:41 PM    (permalink
SwagU
Veteran

SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah just saw that Habaugh has reportedly signed with the Dolphins. This now just means we will have more teams looking at Hue. We have to do all we can to keep him.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:12 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Harbaugh to the 9ers, still no word of Hue Jackson coming back.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 01-07-2011, 10:51 PM    (permalink
SwagU
Veteran

I think this will mean Hue will def be back. The 9ers were the only team that I know of that were interviewing Hue so hopefully we get a deal done before someone else becomes interested.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:00 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Routt's more valuable than Bush.

Not really, with how flimsy McFadden is.. (hasn't got real banged up this year) but having Bush is big especially since he complements DMAC really well. I still like this years CB class as of now, but more so at the top but I do think in the 3rd or 4th there will be a decent CB out there, maybe one of the Browns from Texas. Kendric Burney could be available too.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Last edited by thenewfeature06 : 01-08-2011 at 10:04 AM.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:21 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These QBs coming out have attributes that Al Davis loves. If Newton or Mallet are available in the mid to late 20 range I can see Al wanting to move up and draft one. If not and Al believes Jason Campbell is the guy we gotta go O-line in round two. Gallery, Carlisle, Satele, even Walker all could be gone.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:31 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN1984 View Post
These QBs coming out have attributes that Al Davis loves. If Newton or Mallet are available in the mid to late 20 range I can see Al wanting to move up and draft one. If not and Al believes Jason Campbell is the guy we gotta go O-line in round two. Gallery, Carlisle, Satele, even Walker all could be gone.
This is true.. I would be pretty surprised if those guys were available in that range. Teams that could draft a Q would be Carolina, Denver maybe, Buffalo, Zona and SF. O and probably Minny and Tennessee. You got the right idea though I would be willing to trade if Cam or Mallett was there. If not then OL is the position to take unless maybe Floyd or Aaron Williams is there.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN1984 View Post
Don't think Gallery should be let go. He's one of the better Linemen that we have. Walker Satele and Carlisle need replacing asap.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:20 PM    (permalink
SwagU
Veteran

Walker was not bad, he held his own pretty well at times. My beef is mainly with Carlisle and Satel, Carlisle really in particular. Im still for going CB 2nd round unless a really good interior linemen drops to us.