Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 01-08-2011, 11:10 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2011 Colts' Draft/Off-Season Thread

Well, the season is over, unfortunately. Time for off-season.

What do we need in the draft?
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:11 PM    (permalink
dansaint
Rookie

dansaint is a cocksman.dansaint is a cocksman.dansaint is a cocksman.dansaint is a cocksman.

O-Line help or someone in the secondary.
dansaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:15 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need a legitimate safety.
Offensive Tackle is a big need as well.

First round gimme a S
Then trenches and linebacker by BPA.

I'm not a guru by any means, but this seems like our issues.
We also need a freaking ST unit!!! We need to figure out that personel. We need some people that hold their lanes and aren't afraid of contact.
Our ST is ridiculous and has been for a long time.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can they just draft some elixir of health?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:03 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would say:

1. RT - Diem might have helped in run situations, but he's well past his prime.
2. OG - Both spots I would say. Both Pollak and Devan are natural centers.
3. SS - Bob will probably never play a full season, Bullitt might leave in FA. I think this is a significant need. Come to think of it, FS could use some depth too.
4. LT - CJ has done an ok job, but no one will confuse him with a franchise LT.
5. UT - This isn't as big of a need as most make it out to be. Moala and Mathews are talented youngsters. Muir and Mookie can stuff the run. They got beat today, but I can live with the same rotation for next season. However, I would like a guy who can rush the passer out of the inside.

I like what I saw from Conner and Angerer this season. Both overrun plays at times, but something like that could be fixed with experience. I'm not against picking another LB, we could always use more depth, but the only way this would become a big need is if Brackett would leave via FA.

Maybe another talented RB also. Our backs get injured way too often and I always hold out hope to find another Edge (in his prime).

More depth at CB wouldn't hurt, although if everyone is healthy (too much to ask for, I know), we are fine there.

Last edited by MaxV : 01-09-2011 at 12:05 AM.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:55 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the way the Jets ran over us I know DT is going to appear to be a need. But what we really need is to re-sign Antonio Johnson, play him next to Moala and Mathews more, draft/sign another NT, and stop playing DEs at DT on 3rd downs. The only DTs I'd draft in the 1st are Fairley and Dareus, and in the 2nd I'd only take Paea and Allen Bailey. Marvin Austin in the 3rd would be excellent though.

To me OT, OG, SS, and WR are the top needs going into the offseason. If the Colts get an OT and OG then WR becomes less of a need.

I would like to see

Rd 1 - Gabe Carimi or Derek Sherrod
Rd 2 - Marcus Cannon, Orlando Franklin, Mike Pouncey, Ben Ijalana, DeAndre McDaniel, Mark Barron, Steven Paea, Allen Bailey
RD 3 - Marvin Austin, Leonard Hankerson, Tandon Doss, Jerrel Jernigan, Justin Boren

I think the Colts could make it easy on themselves by looking at free agency for OL help. Here's a list of guys I think would instantly improve the Colts OL and would not necessarily break the bank. Obviously some or all of them might be re-signed by their team before the Colts would get a chance.

RT Tyson Clabo (Atlanta)
RG Harvey Dahl (Atlanta)
LT Doug Free (Dallas)
LT Jared Gaither (Baltimore)
RG Marshal Yanda (Baltimore)
LG Logan Mankins (New England)
RG Davin Joseph (Tampa Bay)
C Ryan Kalil (Carolina)

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:20 AM    (permalink
colts_fan8818
Rookie

colts_fan8818 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
To me OT, OG, SS, and WR are the top needs going into the offseason. If the Colts get an OT and OG then WR becomes less of a need.
I agree that OT, OL, and SS are all needs but I don't quite understand why WR is a top need. We have Wayne, Garcon is pretty decent despite some issues with drops, Collie looked great all season until he was hurt, White looks like he has some potential. I do think that some more depth is needed but I wouldn't say it's a top need.
colts_fan8818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:24 AM    (permalink
colts_fan8818
Rookie

colts_fan8818 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I also think that this off season, we need to cut our losses and let go of Gonzo who I don't think has ever been healthy for us, and Bob Sanders who I don't think will ever be healthy for a full season.
colts_fan8818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:32 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless AJ Green is available I don't think the Colts should look at WR in the 1st. More like the 2nd or probably 3rd. But for your list, I think Wayne will not be re-signed after next year, Collie's return after the concussions is not guaranteed, and Blair White is ok but not a starter at all. And as you say Gonzo is not guaranteed to ever do anything again for the team. The other positions are more important, I'd put it on par with DT in terms of need I guess.

I don't want a WR but I'd much rather have one than RB in the first.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-09-2011, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have little faith in Polian anymore. Look at his 1st round success lately it is pitiful. He is going to end up drafting a CB i the 1st and won't touch o-line till the 4th.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:13 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I'm ok with drafting either WR or RB, but not in the first 2 rounds.

If a disruptive, pass-rushing DT is there, that would be awesome. Talented OT who is a good all-around blocker would be a great addition also.

We don't necessarily need to pick a OG in the first round, a good one could be found later in the draft.

And yes, I think looking for a Free Agent OL might not be a bad idea. If they can find a guy who will upgrade our line, for the right price, I think Polian needs to consider him.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:00 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OL definitely needs addressing more than once in the draft IMO. Another CB and SS would be nice, and I still think we need a DT, even if only for depth. Losing one player in Mookie can't be allowed to hurt our run stuffing like it did last night

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:47 PM    (permalink
jared3
Rookie

jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am going to keep it short and pithy. The biggest weakness on the Colts is the OL. They absolutely can't run block. I like OT Gabe Carimi from Wisconsin in the 1st round. I would also be okay with OT DeMarcus Love from Arkansas as well.

I think SS Bob Sanders is done as a Colt. I really like undersized SS Ahmad Black from Florida. He is a solid tackler, good in coverage, and he looked good in Florida's bowl game.

In the third I want another O-lineman. OG John Moffitt fro Wisconsin was a good left guard for the Badgers. OT Lee Ziemba from Auburn is a solid player as well. The center Kristofer O'Dowd from SC is solid too.

1st: OT Gabe Carimi, Wisconsin
2nd: SS Ahmad Black, Florida
3rd: OG Jon Moffitt, Wisconsin
jared3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:13 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

BTW, do you guys agree with me that the worst player for the Colts yesterday was Jeff Satuday?

He was getting pushed around like a rug doll. He's finished.

However I didn't put Center as a position of need because I believe that we already have Saturday's replacement on the roster.

Both Pollak and Devan are natural Center. We also have Richard and McClendon.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
BTW, do you guys agree with me that the worst player for the Colts yesterday was Jeff Satuday?

He was getting pushed around like a rug doll. He's finished.

However I didn't put Center as a position of need because I believe that we already have Saturday's replacement on the roster.

Both Pollak and Devan are natural Center. We also have Richard and McClendon.
Sione Pouha (who I wanted at one point for Indy) manhandled him. He's a good guy (Saturday) but that looked to me like his time is over. Great career, good guy, hope to see him around in some capacity again.

I could go without drafting a tailback honestly. I would rather have the OL improve and hope that the running game follows. I can live with Brown/James/etc. as opposed to Linkenbach and the rest.

I just want OT, SS, a backup FS, OG and a late-round RB.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:13 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was going to ask you guys what do you think about Mike Pouncey? Saturday has not looked good and will be 36 years old. Mike Pouncey is grading out almost like his bro who was very good for Pitt this year. Everyone thinks you guys will draft a OT but I think you guys might draft a C.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:16 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
I was going to ask you guys what do you think about Mike Pouncey? Saturday has not looked good and will be 36 years old. Mike Pouncey is grading out almost like his bro who was very good for Pitt this year. Everyone thinks you guys will draft a OT but I think you guys might draft a C.
As I've mentioned earlier, I think Colts already have a replacement for Saturday on the roster.

Both of the starting OGs, Pollak and Devan, are natural Centers really. I think both would be better off there. Plus Colts also have Jacques McClendon and Jamey Richard, 2 guys that can play that position as well.

But Pouncey could project at Guard as well. I'm not against drafting him, but not in the 1st round.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:18 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Mike Pouncey is not his brother. He is not going to play center in the NFL. I would take him at guard in a heartbeat though. Pollak can play center. Saturday is DONE.

Best draft ever would be Carimi in the 1st and Pouncey in the 2nd.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-10-2011, 02:04 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mike Pouncey is not his brother. He is not going to play center in the NFL. I would take him at guard in a heartbeat though. Pollak can play center. Saturday is DONE.

Best draft ever would be Carimi in the 1st and Pouncey in the 2nd.
You're right he's not his brother. But I think you guys are grading out Pouncey a little low. I think he ends up anywhere from 22 to 32.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:31 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Two DTs that intrigue me are Christian Ballard and Drake Nevis.

Both are athletic UT prospects that I think could excel in our scheme.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:47 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
You're right he's not his brother. But I think you guys are grading out Pouncey a little low. I think he ends up anywhere from 22 to 32.
I think he will probably go late first or early second. Too many other good players at other positions to select a guard any earlier than that.

Did any of you hear Polian's radio show tonight? I couldn't take more than a few minutes but that blowhard answered a question about drafting at 22 and the possibility of taking an OT.

He said if they did take an OT it would be someone that wouldn't play much his first year. He would sit and learn and hopefully contribute in year 2, like Fili Moala. WTF kind of attitude is this? He has no clue who will be available then or what they are capable of. He especially doesn't know since he sucks at drafting OLmen, but even people who are good at it don't know what this or that OLman will be capable of in his first year.

Why would you punt the first year of a first round pick on principle, without even knowing how good he can or can't be in his rookie year? This guy is seriously a ******* loser and I am sick of his ********. He is wasting Manning's time and our time ******* around with the roster with projects that never see the field (Brown, Hughes, etc) while the OL is garbage for 2+ years. Who would this rookie OT learn from Polian? I don't want him learning **** from the losers that started this year. We don't need impact players 2-3 years from now, we need them NOW.

Best GM in the game my ass. He lucked into picking Manning in '98 and has ridden that to an undeserved reputation and his lacking talent assessment skills have shown in the last 3-4 drafts. He hasn't had a good first round pick since Addai in '06.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-11-2011, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Indianapolis Colts - Offseason Offensive Needs

Quarterback: Even as I write this it sounds a bit silly. The biggest need of the Indianapolis Colts this offseason is at Quarterback. Peyton Manning is not under contract in 2011. The team is going to resign him and Quarterback will turn from the biggest need in the history of football to being a minor depth issue. The team could do with upgrading the depth at Quarterback as Curtis Painter is useless. But they wonít, especially as the team has only 6 picks this year and, after resigning Manning and the introduction of a 2011 Salary Cap, probably has only around $6 or $7 Million in cap space after signing draft picks.

Running Back: The Colts arrive at a bit of a crossroads when it comes to the Running Back position. Currently only Donald Brown, Baby J and Devin Moore are tenured for next season. Joseph Addai, Mike Hart and Dom Rhodes are all Free Agents this Offseason. The major decision will be with the resigning of Joseph Addai. Addai will probably be the 2nd Free Agent Running Back this Offseason, after DeAngelo Williams. Demand will be high for him, especially from passing teams, as he is a Pro Bowler, a Superbowl winner, the top blocking back in the league and one of the top pass catching backs in the league. He will probably command 4-5 years at $20-25 Million. I would question whether or not he is worth it. The major problem is that Donald Brown has been regularly injured and inconsistent. The Colts need to resign or replace two of the three Free Agents. Mike Hart is only a RFA and should be relatively easily resigned. If Addai isnít resigned the Colts need to look at bringing in a later round pick to replace him.

Wide Receiver: I donít believe Wide Receiver is a major area of need. The Colts had severe injury issues at Receiver this year, a crisis that isnít likely to occur regularly. All six of our tenured Receivers will be back with the team in 2011 and as such there are no immediate needs here. Looking to the future Reggie Wayne, Pierre Garcon and Anthony Gonzalezís contracts are all up at the end of next season. Garcon is due for a huge pay rise, Gonzo canít stay healthy and Reggie wonít be the youngest in the world so the team could look at shoring up the Receiving corps due to the likelihood that at least one and possibly more of those three will leave next season. If one of the elite Receiver prospects drops to the Colts at #22 or one of the better Receivers is still available at #53 I think Polian will definitely consider pulling the trigger.

Tight End: The team is solid at Tight End. We have our starter, who is amongst the elite Tight Ends in the league, a good young blocking Tight End in Eldridge, while Jacob Tamme has shown that he can be as effective a backup Tight End as any backup in the league. Clarkís return to fitness will also allow Tamme to shore up our pathetic Special Teams unit.

Offensive Tackle: This is one of the areas of the team that the team needs to be brave and bold about. The team is solid at depth, in my opinion, at Tackle. Linkenbach is never going to be a starter but is an effective swing Tackle, providing depth at both Left and Right Tackle. That is where the good bit ends. Charlie Johnson is in the bottom 10 Left Tackle starters in the League and is also a Free Agent. He is going to want starter money he sure as hell isnít worth it. He needs to be replaced. This, if there is value at #22, should be the Colts first round pick. The second problem is that Ryan Diem has regressed from one of the top Right Tackles in the NFL to being one of the worst starting linemen in the NFL. He is slow, not great against speed rushers, prone to penalties and a liability in run blocking. He is also getting paid a significant amount of money. Right Tackle needs to be upgraded and Ryan Diem needs to be cut.

Offensive Guard: The Colts are again solid at depth at Guard with Thomas, Richard and McClendon, while Linkenbach can also backup at Guard. The major development will be at starter as well. Mike Pollak has improved this year but I think he is much more suited to Center, a position where the incumbent starter is becoming more a liability than an asset. Even if Saturday is retained at Center, and Pollak at Guard, the Colts could do with a major upgrade over Kyle DeVan.

Center: Similar to the other positions on the line the depth here is surprisingly good. Both Jamey Richard and Jacques McClendon can backup at Center, as can either of the two current starters at Guard. As with the rest of the line a new starter is needed. Saturday is a major liability. He has regressed somewhat in pass protection and has all but disappeared in run blocking. He was annihilated against the Jets, an even that happens anytime he goes up against a Nose Tackle. He needs to be replaced. The replacement could come from Mike Pollak. If this is the case the team needs to bring in a replacement for Pollak at Guard. If they do retain Pollak at Guard they will need to draft Saturday a new replacement in the earlier rounds of the draft.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemyís Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:28 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Great write-up, Seamus. I will only disagree with drafting a Center in the early rounds.

Even if Pollak isn't Saturday's replacement, I think Devan or McClendon could be.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Great write-up, Seamus. I will only disagree with drafting a Center in the early rounds.

Even if Pollak isn't Saturday's replacement, I think Devan or McClendon could be.
I haven't seen enough of McClendon to determine whether or not he can start. If DeVan moves to Center then we are going to need to replace DeVan at Guard. So I think we should definately address the Interior Line in the early rounds if not just Center specifically.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemyís Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:48 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Great post Seamus. I agree with all of it. I would not mind picking OT at 22 and then trading up into the early 2nd round for a guard like Pouncey or Cannon. I am also intrigued by Ben Ijalana, he may be available mid or late 2nd round. I would like Carimi in the 1st, I've been saying that for months and he's done nothing to change my opinion.

Come to think of it Moffitt, the Wisconsin LG, might not be a bad 3rd rounder.

i done stole dis sig