Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 01-09-2011, 04:20 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwagU View Post
Walker was not bad, he held his own pretty well at times. My beef is mainly with Carlisle and Satel, Carlisle really in particular. Im still for going CB 2nd round unless a really good interior linemen drops to us.
Im thinking best valued OL in the 2nd is the best idea. Maybe draft a C/RG with the 2nd and sign a F/A for the other.

Do you guys think DE is a need at all? Scott torn up his knee and we could be in need of a pass rusher. We could add a guy who can play like Derrick Burgess who would only come in on passing situations. Maybe even in the 3rd round. Could try to coach him up to be a OLB like Wimbley eventually as well. Dontay Moch could be the guy we would target. Super productive with 30 career sacks. Will run a very fast 40 time which will catch Al's eye. At 245, he would only be asked to rush the passer so gaining weight wont be a huge need. Even though he likely will just to get stronger.

2nd Kris O'Dowd C USC
3rd Dontay Moch Nevada Pass Rusher/OLB
4th Andrew Jackson OG Fresno State
5th Colin Kaepernick QB Nevada
6th Mike Blanc DT Auburn
7th Special Teamer

Didnt we draft all Seniors last year except for McClain? ALl those guys has experience and could make a impact early. O'Dowd is a upgrade over Satele no doubt, even though I would keep Satele as a back up. Moch would be our situational pass rusher like I said before. Andrew Jackson is a underrate OG IMO, and would be a nice pick in the 4th. Could be a contender with Bruce Campbell or others at RG. Kaepernick would be our project behind Jason Campbell. Has very good size and athleticism, Hue (I think?) would coach him up like Palmer and Flacco for this year or longer. Blanc could be developed into a rotational DT, and we always seem to add special teamers in the late rounds.

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:23 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also I think this deserves its own thread. If we do indeed hire Hue Jackson as the HC, do you think hiring a guy like Josh McDaniels to be our passing game cordinator would be smart. Hue still is the play caller and controls the offence, while McDaniels can help Campbell and other improve the pass game. He also made average WR's look good so hopefully Ford and Murphy would step there games up. McDaniels could be a decent fall back option as the HC after Jackson, just dont give him the player control please.

My Raiders Mock

Old 01-09-2011, 04:25 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would McDaniels take a job where he's not even calling plays? That would never happen.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:40 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Why would McDaniels take a job where he's not even calling plays? That would never happen.
I dont think anybody will hire a cheater like him at HC for a while. Possible as OC I guess though for a team.

My Raiders Mock

Old 01-09-2011, 04:45 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Anybody else think that with Cable gone, Al will likely be drafting again?
I'd say that's a given. One draft filled with smart, team leader types under Cable's influence. Now, back to stopwatches and perceived potential. Just lovely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN1984 View Post
These QBs coming out have attributes that Al Davis loves. If Newton or Mallet are available in the mid to late 20 range I can see Al wanting to move up and draft one. If not and Al believes Jason Campbell is the guy we gotta go O-line in round two. Gallery, Carlisle, Satele, even Walker all could be gone.
Al's not going to back off his Plunkett comparison so soon. Campbell gets at least another year before Al even considers looking for his replacement, imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Don't think Gallery should be let go. He's one of the better Linemen that we have. Walker Satele and Carlisle need replacing asap.
If Gallery wants to leave, there won't be much the team can do about it other than offer to overpay him. Unless there's some tricky **** in the new CBA (if there is one), Gallery's future with this team is entirely in his hands.

Walker did pretty well, for the most part. There were a few "Oh good lord..." moments here and there, but he was pretty steady more often than not. Definitely upgradeable. But, if Gallery bolts and Carlisle is allowed to walk, upgrading at RT should be the least of their worries.

Al was reportedly pissed off that Bruce Campbell didn't get on the field. He spent the entire year working on becoming a RG. That's where Cable apparently wanted him. Where does Al want him? If the answer is RT, that could be a problem. You're now asking someone who's a little slow in the head to learn yet another position. From LT in '09 to RG in 2010, and then to RT in 2011? One can only hope that he's allowed to stay inside, or that whoever is coaching the OL next year can really get this guy to be something other than an oversized athlete. I don't expect much. But, what I know is that Al is going to want his athlete on the field somewhere. So, as much as we like to say the team needs a RG and RT, you can bank on Al believing Campbell already addresses one of those.

Old 01-09-2011, 05:03 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I dont think anybody will hire a cheater like him at HC for a while. Possible as OC I guess though for a team.
San Fran wanted to interview him for the HC job, reportedly. He snubbed them. He'll absolutely get an OC job somewhere. He's too good in that role for a team to give a damn about a Spygate sequel.

Old 01-09-2011, 05:15 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

As for DE, yeah. I'd look to add a DE and DT. As stated, Scott's knee is all jacked up. Wimbley is a free agent who may or may not come back. That's your top two pure pass rushers who could be either playing at under 100% or playing in another uniform.

If Seymour bails, you almost have to kick Houston inside (where he looked really good late in the season) leaving Matty Shags as your only true DE.

I wasn't terribly impressed with Des Bryant on a game to game basis, and Jarvis Moss is an abomination.

I would absolutely be in the market for a DE. Maybe even as early as Rd2, depending on what sort of value is on the board.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:33 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They won't franchise tag Nnamdi because his contract was voided....He might be gone.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:32 PM    (permalink
SwagU
Veteran

SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This offseason is going to be the biggest for this franchise in a while. Coming off the brink of a near playoff birth I believe we just needed a few more key parts to challenge for the division. What sucks is a lot of those key players from 2010 might be gone when 2011 comes around.

Heres a list of all the FA's the Raiders have this offseason:

Unrestricted FAs

21 Nnamdi Asomugha CB
69 Khalif Barnes OT
32 Michael Bennett RB
7 Kyle Boller QB
57 Ricky Brown ILB
25 Rock Cartwright RB
59 Jon Condo LS
31 Hiram Eugene FS
3 Charlie Frye QB
76 Robert Gallery G
5 Bruce Gradkowski QB
79 John Henderson DT
75 Mario Henderson OT
15 Johnnie Lee Higgins WR
53 Thomas Howard OLB
24 Michael Huff FS
60 Daniel Loper G
80 Zach Miller TE
94 Jarvis Moss DE
13 J. T. O'Sullivan QB
26 Stanford Routt CB
64 Samson Satele C
92 Richard Seymour DT
70 Langston Walker OT
54 Sam Williams OLB
96 Kamerion Wimbley OLB

Restricted FAs

29 Michael Bush RB

Exclusive-Rights FAs

90 Desmond Bryant DT
58 Bruce Davis OLB
89 Nick Miller WR
45 Marcel Reece FB

Now add this on top of hiring a new coach and this offseason is looking like a crucial and expensive one for the Silver & Black.
SwagU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's a lot of unrestricted FA's, there's at least 8 guys on there that we must keep.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

If Nnamdi isnt brought back its a lock that we draft a CB in the 2nd or 3rd. Al loves DB's and values them higher than alot other positions.

My Raiders Mock

Old 01-12-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sorry for the negativism, but that FA list and our schedule are yelling 4-12 to me :(
Old 01-13-2011, 02:15 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post
sorry for the negativism, but that FA list and our schedule are yelling 4-12 to me :(
Andrew Luck? :)

My Raiders Mock

Old 01-13-2011, 06:51 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya, Corner is a HUGE need if Nmandi goes. Going into next year with CJ and Routt as our starters is scary. Ware and McFadden might improve, but they aren't worth betting on. Who do we like in those rounds, RaiderNation?
Old 01-13-2011, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRickJames View Post
Ya, Corner is a HUGE need if Nmandi goes. Going into next year with CJ and Routt as our starters is scary. Ware and McFadden might improve, but they aren't worth betting on. Who do we like in those rounds, RaiderNation?
Routt is also a FA, so it's possible we lose both he and Aso.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:06 PM    (permalink
LookItsAlDavis
Veteran

LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfldraftbible.com/Players...ntay-Moch.html

Let's just go ahead and talk about our third round pick...
LookItsAlDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:51 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRickJames View Post
Jimmy Smith is going to be a really good CB IMO, similar type guy to Nnamdi. 6'2 205lbs sub 4.5 speed, only thrown at 13 times his JR and SR year. He might end up being a 1st, but at this point he is probably a 2nd. Another option is Brandon Burton from Utah in the 2nd.

My Raiders Mock

Old 01-15-2011, 12:43 AM    (permalink
SwagU
Veteran

SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some positive news on the Nnamdi front:

Quote:
"Good Chance Nnamdi is Back"

That's the word from Raiders free agent cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, who was in Bristol on Friday and made several appearances on ESPN and ESPN Radio. He didn't say much, until his third or fourth interview of the day, on SportsCenter.

He was asked if he thought he would be back in Oakland next season:

"There's a chance, there's a good chance," Asomugha said. "It's funny because I've been doing interviews all day and I hear a lot of people saying, 'No longer an Oakland Raider,' 'You are not a ...' but anything could happen at this point.

"When you go into free agency and have options, any team is up for you to be on -- and the Raiders, obviously with me having been there for so long, have a great shot at it."

Does he want to come back?

"I would love to be back," Asomugha said, "but I do have options so we'll have to see what happens."

Asomugha said he wasn't aware that his contract was getting voided -- a $16.8 million option shredded because he didn't meet easy-to-meet incentives in an injury-plagued year -- until after the season was over.

"As the end of the season approached, not aware at all," he said. "Because we had a chance to be in the playoffs and we're playing football games. When you're in that type of situation, you're never really thinking about what's going on with your contract and what's going to happen after the season.

"So, once the season ended, that's when it kind of hit."
SwagU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Getting Nnamdi, Z.Miller, Wimbley and Gallery back is pretty important... Routt would be nice too.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:24 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post
Getting Nnamdi, Z.Miller, Wimbley and Gallery back is pretty important... Routt would be nice too.
Id rate Bush over Routt IMO, or is the RFA rule still going to work? If it does and a team signs him to a 2nd or 3rd round comp type deal I would be so happy. Our last few drafts in those rounds have been real solid

2010: 2nd LaMarr Houston DL, 3rd Jared Veldheer OT
2009: 2nd Mike Michell DB, 3rd Matt Shaughnessy DE
2008: None
2007: 2nd Zach Miller, our 3rd round was horrible this year(Henderson, Moses are busts and JLH had 1 good season as a returner. Atleast we got Bush here)

My Raiders Mock

Old 01-18-2011, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookItsAlDavis View Post
http://www.nfldraftbible.com/Players...ntay-Moch.html

Let's just go ahead and talk about our third round pick...
i refuse to believe he runs a 4.2

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:43 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Huff to CB should be discussed, IMO.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:36 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK, so after hearing the press conference what did we learn?

Jason Campbell is the starting QB, no doubt. I don't think Raiders will draft a QB in any round.

Hue Jackson and Al Davis both mentioned Michael Bush which leads me to believe Raiders will keep him.

When Hue Jackson talked about the defense he mentioned McClain, Seymour, Shaughnessy and Branch as the faces of the defense. No Asomugha? I have a feeling Asomugha is gone. I think Al will offer a contract but Asomugha will be able to get more from another team.

anything else?
Old 01-22-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Looks like Bruce Campbell will likely see time on the oline next year according to Al Davis. Could be we might be looking for a C this off season. If Campbell can develop into a RT, Im all for sliding Walker inside

EDIT: Also looking like Ochocinco could be a real possibility in Oakland if he is moved this off season by Cincinnati. He would give Campbell a go to WR that he can somewhat trust

My Raiders Mock

Last edited by RaiderNation : 01-23-2011 at 01:52 AM.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:49 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Still no DC hired, but still are rumors we might want to run a 3-4. If we end up doing so, a NT or OLB could be a 2nd round need.

My Raiders Mock