Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 01-09-2011, 08:32 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
I really am starting to dislike James Jones. He is good at times but I am getting sick of all these huge mistakes. I dont know how many more I can take.
To win it all, you cannot have mistakes like that. We got lucky to survive it today.

On a sour note, I got tons of + on the other (Packers-specific) board I am on, for the Dead Eagles Avy/Sig I had all week, and only one guy in this Packer forum + rep'd me. Very weak IMO.

Where's the luv y'all ?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
To win it all, you cannot have mistakes like that. We got lucky to survive it today.

On a sour note, I got tons of + on the other (Packers-specific) board I am on, for the Dead Eagles Avy/Sig I had all week, and only one guy in this Packer forum + rep'd me. Very weak IMO.

Where's the luv y'all ?
Your sig mentions 4th and 26. I refuse to +rep anything that mentions that.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Where's the luv y'all ?
It's a dead eagle, I choose not to rep things that are un-American.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:06 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

don't mind me, just passing this along

Quote:
Aaron Rodgers playoff stats: 66.7% / 603 yards / 7TD / 1 INT / 121.8 rating. Only 2 games
Old 01-09-2011, 09:10 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
It's a dead eagle, I choose not to rep things that are un-American.
Good point. Falcons are not Patriotic at least.

Hey, Rodgers has the monkey off his back. Now let me be the first:
Has Matty Ice ever won a playoff game? He's started for as many years as Rodgers has.

Let THAT talk begin!!!!!

I got Atlanta favored by 4-5.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:39 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Atl here we come, I think the pack have a chance to make it all the way. My prediction is that the winner of the Packer-Falcon game will make it to the Superbowl.

I hope DD is okay, I am sure he is in pain, but hopefully he can gut out one more game.

On another note, don't just blame James Jones on his drop. I believe Jennings had a pretty crucial drop on the 1st drive of the game that cost us points as well.

James Starks looked pretty good, very similar to Ryan Grant.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:48 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Your sig mentions 4th and 26. I refuse to +rep anything that mentions that.
3rd and 14 almost had a new meaning as well :\
Old 01-09-2011, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
Atl here we come, I think the pack have a chance to make it all the way. My prediction is that the winner of the Packer-Falcon game will make it to the Superbowl.

I hope DD is okay, I am sure he is in pain, but hopefully he can gut out one more game.

On another note, don't just blame James Jones on his drop. I believe Jennings had a pretty crucial drop on the 1st drive of the game that cost us points as well.

James Starks looked pretty good, very similar to Ryan Grant.
Starks is actually more powerful, versatile and more elusive than Grant, when hes in the back field, opposition will have to respect him.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:06 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
And Driver had at least one drop too. But of course Jones is the only one to ever get **** for drops.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:11 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How big was this shoestring tackle by Bishop?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/philadelph...son-28-yd-pass
Old 01-09-2011, 10:14 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game guys, it got pretty exciting at the end.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:21 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
And Driver had at least one drop too. But of course Jones is the only one to ever get **** for drops.
wasn't happy with the receivers today, really. As you said, both Jennings and Driver had drops. Still, they have shown week in and week out you can rely on them moreso than JOnes has

I'm frustrated with him because he can be better. His problems are coachable though, and as long as he doesn't command a good amount of cash, the Pack will bring him back

I bet Jones has a big game next week now
Old 01-09-2011, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Jmohr107
Rookie

Jmohr107 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

-Jarrett Bush somehow snuck onto the field on defense and misplayed a pass, allowing the TD to Avant. Did someone get hurt? Why was #24 out there?
The Eagles came out with 4 wide receivers, and Bush is the 6th DB. It was a good read by Vick to locate the match-up and a great route by Avant to set up the throw.

Quote:
How big was this shoestring tackle by Bishop?
It looks like Jackson might have scored if Bishop doesn't make the play. Saved the game.
Jmohr107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:11 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tramon Williams was behind him still, he would have made the tackle if Bishop missed.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:11 AM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
THANK GOD !!!

TIDBITS:

-We didn't play that well overall....I'd say our 'B' game overall.
-We fumbled the ball a few times.
-Jarrett Bush somehow snuck onto the field on defense and misplayed a pass, allowing the TD to Avant. Did someone get hurt? Why was #24 out there?
-James Jones. Are you f***** kidding me? Seriously.....
-Mike McCarthy, terrible playcall on our last drive that should have sealed the game... on 2nd and 10 running it. Play action there would have won the game.... but great playcall on the 2nd down screen to Brandon Jackson in the 2nd half on the 16-yard line for the big TD.
-Nick Collins... thank God the zebras didn't make a bad call on that hit on Celek at the Packers 10 yard line late.
-Tramon Williams..... thank you for having better hands than James Jones. And thank you for not slipping on that play and allowing the winning TD.

We talked this week in the draft thread about drafting a RB, and I told you that the coaches love the potential of James Starks, which is why they kept him in their back pocket for 3 months. He's a poor-man's version of Adrian Peterson out there, and thank God he didn't fumble like Rodgers and Kuhn did today.
I really don't have an issue with MM trying to run out the clock on that last packers drive. People have been pissed on 3 and 1, 4 and 1 that MM doesn't line up and run it, he tried it and it didn't work out, defense picked him up.

James Jones is really pissing me off, Jennings too although he's not as bad but most of the WR's have been dropping pass this year. Really killing them.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:14 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

The WR's seem to drop more passes when the weather gets cold. Heading to the dome in ATL should benefit them
Old 01-10-2011, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
The WR's seem to drop more passes when the weather gets cold. Heading to the dome in ATL should benefit them
Yeah, without Grant we're definitely a superior team on turf. Jones always plays better inside and Jennings speed really becomes an asset.

And whomever said Starks has better power/burst/vision/blah blah then Grant is on crack. Yeah, Starks had a good game against a mediocre defense that wasn't expecting a running game. Grant has had great games against very good defenses. Stark played well today but he's not in Grants stratosphere yet.

Remember Samkon Gado? He had 3 or 4 games better then this one was for us. Don't remember him? That's 'cuz he wasn't actually any good.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:16 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Starks definitely showed more than Jackson, though. I do agree that Grant has a better burst. A Grant/Starks combo next year should be good. Jackson on 3rd downs will be great, to
Old 01-10-2011, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Yeah, without Grant we're definitely a superior team on turf. Jones always plays better inside and Jennings speed really becomes an asset.

And whomever said Starks has better power/burst/vision/blah blah then Grant is on crack. Yeah, Starks had a good game against a mediocre defense that wasn't expecting a running game. Grant has had great games against very good defenses. Stark played well today but he's not in Grants stratosphere yet.

Remember Samkon Gado? He had 3 or 4 games better then this one was for us. Don't remember him? That's 'cuz he wasn't actually any good.
Oh he's definately in Grant's stratosphere, people are talking about Grant like he's this All-Pro runner that we lost comparable to Ahman Green in his prime, when in reality he was really no more then an above average player that did enough to take pressure off Rodgers.

I think after Starks gets an offseason to get back into football shape and learn even more of the nuances of this offense he's going to prove how good he can actually be.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:08 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
James Jones dropped a perfect pass, soft, in stride, that would have been a huge playoff TD.

Jennings was crucified in Detroit for dropping another perfect pass that cost us a TD and resulted in an Int and a loss......

Driver didn't have a bad drop like that yesterday, and Jennings first drop was high and hard, a very difficult catch.

My 7-year old son could have caught the pass Jones dropped yesterday. That's why you never saw another pass go Jones way after that. I love Jones, but he's lethal with his mistakes too often. Can't have that.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:09 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

EAGLES FANS ADDING TO THEIR REPUTATION

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...all&id=7888708

PHILADELPHIA - January 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- Craig Coenen and his father Theodore had driven down for the game from Macungie, Pa., but their drive back home will be in a car that may have sustained thousands in damage.

"We pulled into the lot, some crazy guys pulled in after us and gave us the finger coming in," Craig told Action News.

But what these Green Bay Packers fans found upon leaving the game was even more unpleasant. "Came out and noticed my car had been trashed pretty much, left side, right side, dents, windshield wipers torn off," Craig said.

So Craig, who resides in Macungie, and his father were then left to pick up the pieces.

They believe it was the same Eagles fans who saw them arriving, explaining they were drinking heavily and took the rivalry way too far.

"It's just terrible that people can do that over a game, they even have footprints going right up the side of the car on to the top, they walked on top of the car. What kind of mentality does that take?" Theodore said.

They tell Action News another nearby car owned by Packers fans also sustained some damage, but for these die hard Packers fans it's all about perspective.

"But the Packers won, so everything's okay," Craig said, trying to add some levity to the situation.

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 01-11-2011 at 09:41 AM.