Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-10-2011, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
I hope that Diablo 3 comes out around the same time that TOR comes out so that i can see TOR blown out of the water and i can contiue to laugh at Biowares Failure of making MMOS
As someone who is currently playing Diablo 2: LoD and Mass Effect 2, I will say rock on and you suck.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Oh quit being a ***** and just buy it. lol
I like being a *****.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:57 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
All those games are listed on their Website SO they did have part in it and refuse to say they had no part in it so yea they did have part in those games. It will suck Dick because they basically taking WOW concept and putting Stars Wars in it maybe they should be orginal like what they did with KOR and then i will be impressed.
The reason those MMOs are listed on their website is because EA recently bought them out and BioWare is the central hub for their MMO department, which is comprised of four studios (BioWare Edmonton, BioWare Austin, BioWare Mythic, and BioWare Montreal). They have never created their own IN-HOUSE MMO so to use those to reflect their ability to create one is just stupid.

And SW:TOR will be more like KoToR than WoW. There are so many differences that I can't list them all here. This game is almost a KoToR clone. As far as the comparisons, what would you have them do? Re-invent the wheel? Of course there are some similarities because trying new things that are extremely out of the box/out there do not work. They have been tried.

Quote:
I hope that Diablo 3 comes out around the same time that TOR comes out so that i can see TOR blown out of the water and i can contiue to laugh at Biowares Failure of making MMOS
They've never created their own in-house MMO. Star Wars: The Old Republic will be their first.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 01-11-2011 at 12:16 AM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:03 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The only reason i did not like Star Wars KOR 2 because they basically took the same concept in the 1st one and did not add really anything to the 2nd one and the storyline sucked dick. In gernal i was just not a fan of Balders Gate. I like Elder Scrolls more then Balders Gate.
Baldur's Gate 2 is one of the greatest games in the history of gaming. I mean, it's seriously in the Top 5 of games All-Time. If you want to criticize Bioware for taking the BG formula and using it in every single one of their games thereafter, go for it... But BG2 is a masterpiece.

I know vidae has explained it, but just to go over it again...

Warhammer = Mythic (good game with holes that left players with nothing to do in the end game - Blizzard stole nearly all of War's concepts for WotLK)

DAoC = Mythic (solid game...wasn't my cup o'tea at the time, but is highly regarded by many veteran MMO gamers...particularly high-end raiders)

UO = Origin Systems Inc. (in my opinion, the greatest MMO ever until Publish 16. EA ruined this game by trying to make it more like Diablo II).
Old 01-11-2011, 01:45 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Let see

Warhammer Online
Darkage
Ultima Online
Mass Effect Galaxy
Dragon Age
Star Wars KOR 2
Baldurs Gate
MDK 2

All Games that Bioware were part of that are Terriable Games i have played

Everybody says Bioware is amazing because they took Star Wars KOR and made 2 same games like it in Mass Effect and Jade Empire. They have yet to make a MMO that has impressed me in anyway. Blizzard will still be the King of MMO
As Vidae has explained, they didn't even make most of those games. Also, just an fyi, they didn't make KOTOR 2. Obsidian Entertainment developed that game. Most of those games they did make that you listed are mega popular and beloved by a lot of gamers so clearly you just don't like RPG's or don't like good ones for whatever reason.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:52 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Let see
Mass Effect Galaxy
Dragon Age
Baldurs Gate
MDK 2
Those are the games they made from your list, and those games are all amazing, so I'm not sure what the beef is.

Don't play TOR though, more awesomeness for the rest of us! Except Forenci, who I will kill on sight every chance I get. You goin down LIGHTIE!

Old 01-11-2011, 02:19 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Join the dark side Forenci.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:35 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Those are the games they made from your list, and those games are all amazing, so I'm not sure what the beef is.

Don't play TOR though, more awesomeness for the rest of us! Except Forenci, who I will kill on sight every chance I get. You goin down LIGHTIE!
I wont. I dont plan on paying $15-20 a month to play for another WOW copy but with Star Wars theme. i will just stick to Diablo 3

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:37 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
I just found a way to get WoW cheaper and I'm about 5 minutes from destroying my life. Someone must stop me. ARGHHHH
Don't u will be stuck with all the Noobs that did not play Orginal WOW or BC and are use to LC and Dont know what the **** CC is. Just wait for Diablo 3 because if u get back in u wont get back off the wagon. I stopped playing for a couple months came back and have yet to get off the WOW Drug again. Maybe when Diablo 3 comes out i will stop.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by Pat Sims 90 : 01-11-2011 at 02:39 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:52 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So TOR is a WoW copy because... its an MMO? In that case, WoW is just an EQ knockoff and you should have stuck to Half Life 2 (or whatever game was released around that time) rather than picking WoW up.

TOR has already done a ton to differentiate itself from WoW.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:02 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
So TOR is a WoW copy because... its an MMO? In that case, WoW is just an EQ knockoff and you should have stuck to Half Life 2 (or whatever game was released around that time) rather than picking WoW up.

TOR has already done a ton to differentiate itself from WoW.
If u put concepts of WOW and other MMOS and ADD KOR that is basically the game in a nutshell. Yes but every MMO is basically a copy of some other game because Game Developers apperently got lazy and decided to just steal ideas instead of coming up with their own.

Because EA is basically buying up all the Game Developers and Makeing them drive their games into the ground by making 800 billon different games based on that idea. ALA Guitar Hero and Call of Duty

Diablo 3 will prolly be the last game i get for Blizzard because EA will just drive them into the ground.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by Pat Sims 90 : 01-11-2011 at 03:06 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:29 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If u put concepts of WOW and other MMOS and ADD KOR that is basically the game in a nutshell. Yes but every MMO is basically a copy of some other game because Game Developers apperently got lazy and decided to just steal ideas instead of coming up with their own.

Because EA is basically buying up all the Game Developers and Makeing them drive their games into the ground by making 800 billon different games based on that idea. ALA Guitar Hero and Call of Duty

Diablo 3 will prolly be the last game i get for Blizzard because EA will just drive them into the ground.
Seriously, I have a hard time taking you seriously when pretty much nothing you say is accurate. Blizzard isn't owned by EA.

And like Commie said, WoW rehashed a ton of ideas from other MMOs, like EQ. The reason they succeeded where others failed is because they made a polished, simple and engaging MMO. They didn't do anything ground breaking. My biggest knock on WoW is that it lacks creativity and innovative content, which I feel TOR will supplement with an amazing story element and some unique new ideas.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:36 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Seriously, I have a hard time taking you seriously when pretty much nothing you say is accurate. Blizzard isn't owned by EA.

And like Commie said, WoW rehashed a ton of ideas from other MMOs, like EQ. The reason they succeeded where others failed is because they made a polished, simple and engaging MMO. They didn't do anything ground breaking. My biggest knock on WoW is that it lacks creativity and innovative content, which I feel TOR will supplement with an amazing story element and some unique new ideas.
i am sorry i meant ACtivison i also get those mixed up but EA is the devil too

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/pos...ts_offici.html

They are basically forcing Blizzard to make a New Starcraft expanison, New WOW Expanison, New Warcraft, and New Diablo expanison every other Year

The Lore is the only reason i play WOW because i was huge into playing Warcraft

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by Pat Sims 90 : 01-11-2011 at 03:41 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:42 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
i am sorry i meant ACtivison

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/pos...ts_offici.html

They are basically forcing Blizzard to make a New Starcraft expanison, New WOW Expanison, New Warcraft, and New Diablo expanison every other Year

The Lore is the only reason i play WOW because i was huge into playing Warcraft
Yes, I know it's Activision. I also know that Blizzard has controlling interest of the entire entity so no one is forcing them to do anything they don't want to.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:41 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that your ignorance in this thread Pat_Sims may makes me want to negative rep for the first time ever...

Honestly, it's like some Bioware employee broke up your family or something, you seem to have a completely unfounded hatred towards them. If a game isn't your cup of tea, then say that, but don't try and bash the company or their games because you don't like them. Bioware has basically not made a bad game(I've played all but Shattered Steel, Sonic Chronicles and MDK2) and every one I've played has been a fantastic game. There is a reason they are so popular and well regarded amongst critics as well, because they are top notch, well made games.

I personally don't like Halflife 2 because it falls in a genre I don't particularly like but that doesn't mean I can't see it as the great game it is for those who like that type of game. There is a major difference between a bad game and a game you don't like and why bother posting about games you know nothing about and don't like?

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:05 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

No game is truly innovative anymore, but TOR is doing a lot of things differently. From unique housing to crew skills to fully voicing their game and the most important thing, STORY, it will be one of the most unique things to come around in a long time.

This "WoW clone" **** is just ignorance. Don't play it if you don't want to, but don't pretend like you know what you're talking about. You don't.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I bought Zeno Clash when it was on sale on Steam for $3.75. I wish I could have my $3.75 back...

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
but that was just a quake, i mean doom, i mean return to castle wolfenstein knock-off. i think it's clear that he should have quit at pong. or spacewar, for that matter.
There should just be an original Alone in the Dark MMO
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:22 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can anyone recommend a good rts that's at least a few years old and isnt the obvious? (C&C, Company of Heroes etc).
rchrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:36 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was a big fan of Battle Realms. If you like the military ones, you might like Commandos.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
total annihilation.

though that may be pushing the bounds of 'a few'.
Hell yes. I remember running this game on my old old old Windows 95 computer. It is awesome.

Old 01-11-2011, 07:38 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Might have to get DOSBox or something to get it to run on newer OS's. That game is ******* old. Older than WC1 isn't it?
Old 01-11-2011, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

1997 it came out I think. Or around then.

Old 01-11-2011, 07:42 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Ya, looked it up. Couple years after WC2.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
have, the problem is more the installation. like jedi knight 2 (still one of the best games ever).

Was that Outcast? I used to play CTF and duel online for hours and hours.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote