Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > AFC North Division Forum

AFC North Division Forum Discuss the AFC North

View Poll Results: Who had the best draft
Cleveland Brown 16 30.77%
Cincinnati Bengals 11 21.15%
Baltimore Ravens 23 44.23%
Pittsburgh Steelers 2 3.85%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-24-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Best draft in the division?

Just like the "Who Don't You Want AFCN Rivals to Draft?" thread, I think this is a good way to get some more posts in this forum. It's simple, just vote and post why.

I was going to make a restriction like "you can't vote for your own team" but then I thought I about how uneven the fan numbers are the forums, so I figured I'd just people vote freely. Try not to be a super homer, but even homer opinions can be fun to read :)

edit: I'm going to wait to post my opinion until tonight, by the way. I want to write a little bit about it and I have to head out in like 5 minutes.

Last edited by Bengalsrocket : 04-24-2010 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Reasons for not voting myself yet :)
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:11 PM    (permalink
STsACE
Rookie

STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.STsACE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a homer, so what?:D

We did have a decent draft though, I believe. We upgraded 2 key positions in our Secondary and grabbed some nice projects with our later picks. Added a banger at RB. Nothing to make us think we're gonna win the division, but at least on paper we should be more competitive in the division. Overall: B

Cincy had a decent draft as well. Gresham should do them well and open some things up for them. I look for their passing game to reappear that was missing last year with adding Bryant in FA, this pick alone gets a better grade. Overall: B

Pittsburgh draft faired well, too. Pouncey should help with the run game that was lacking last year. I liked the LB pickups as well. Surprised you guys didn't jump up and try to grab a top Safety prospect as backup for your secondary, you guys really struggled when Troy went down last year. Overall: B

Baltimore......This one is tricky. Kindle seems like a steal if he stays healthy (heard he dropped due to knee questions?) Don't understand the back to back TE picks, seems redundant. Jones could turn out nice. Cody is gonna be the dealbreaker in a couple years. If he can manage his weight and develop the drive, great pick. If he stays overweight and nevers lives up to hype, draft takes a nose dive. Overall: C

Overall, I think the division did pretty good. Solid B's for Browns, Bengals, Steelers. C for Ravens, though I think their draft has the highest boom or bust potential. Of course, it'll take a couple years to truly grade out the results. Hopefully, I tried to fairly grade your guys teams.
STsACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:20 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

I voted Cleveland just because I thought they took a lot of really good players. The Big Show has them going in the right direction, and they got the QB they wanted in the 3rd round.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:19 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To make it easier, here's who each team drafted.

Baltimore

43 - Sergio Kindle
57 - Terrence Cody
70 - Ed Dickson
114 - Dennis Pitta
156 - David Reed
157 - Arthur Jones
194 - Ramon Harewood

Bengals

21 - Jermaine Gresham
54 - Carlos Dunlap
84 - Jordan Shipley
96 - Brandon Ghee
120 - Geno Atkins
131 - Roddrick Muckelroy
152 - Otis Hudson
191 - Dezmon Briscoe
228 - Reggie Stevens

Browns

7 - Joe Haden
38 - T.J. Ward
59 - Montario Hardesty
85 - Colt McCoy
92 - Shawn Lauvao
160 - Larry Asante
177 - Carlton Mitchell
186 - Clifton Geathers

Steelers

18 - Maurkice Pouncey
52 - Jason Worilds
82 - Emmanuel Sanders
116 - Thaddeus Gibson
151 - Chris Scott
164 - Crezdon Butler
166 - Stevenson Sylvester
188 - Jonathan Dwyer
195 - Antonio Brown
242 - Doug Worthington

I like the Bengals draft as the best out of the division, they got some very good value out of their top 4 picks. Not sure how much sense Dunlap makes on their team, but I heard that he might play a little DT there (which still doesn't make much sense lol, but they can get him on the field with their other 2 DEs then). Then, of course, I like the Ravens draft next. Kindle was good value at 43 and our FO is saying he won't need surgery so I'm okay with the pick now. Cody I was staunchly against before the draft, and I'm still not in love with the pick, but I'm coming around to it. The rest of the guys we draft filled some needs and I see all of them making the squad except for Harewood. I wasn't a huge fan of the Steelers or browns drafts, but they weren't bad at all. I'm actually glad that PIT drafted two more OLBs, maybe we'll see less of Harrison and Woodley now :D.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:54 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

Dunlap is expected to play some DT on 3rd and long plays along with Antwan Odom then have Geathers and Michael Johnson on the outside rushing
Old 04-27-2010, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bengals helped themselves out the most. Clev and Pitt drafted for identity. Balt took more risks than usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im a huge fan of the Steelers draft. I like the Ravens early picks as well. I'm not high on Joe Haden and the Browns had a major reach in the 2nd so I defiately won't go with them.

My favorite part of the Steelers draft is that they got McFadden back to start at corner and only had to trade back from a 5th to a 6th to do it.

Pouncey, Leftwich, and McFadden could all be day 1 starters. That makes me go with the Steelers draft.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 04:36 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bengals: B+ : Love, love, their draft. Personally I would have gone Dez round one which would have really made the Bengals offense scary, but Gresham is a vertical threat that they lack and should be an impact player from the get go health impending. Gresham is also much more of a complete TE than he is given credit for. Dunlap I'm not a fan of but the value is pretty good at 54 although I still wouldn't touch him until the 3rd. Shipley is instant impact in the return game and in the slot. He is a very smart receiver who knows how to get open. He also has solid quickness and speed. Brandon Ghee is a player who I love and wouldn't have blinked an eye if he went late round 1. Love the MuCckelroy and Atkins picks. Briscoe is also a very solid developmental prospect.

Ravens: B : Typical Ravens draft, taking bpa and taking advantage of other teams mistakes. Kindle very well might have been their pick at 25, and instead make that pick into Kindle, and my #3 and 4 TE's on my big board Pitta and Dickson. Mount Cody has potential to be scary especially since he will only be relided on as a developmental prospect. Arthur Jones was a steal. Harewood and Reed are nice developmental prospects. Hah the Ravens might have the biggest backup O-line group in the league.

Steelers: B- : Solid draft. Pouncey pick was a must. Worilds although went a round or two earlier than I thought was his ceiling, he has potential written all over him. Dare I say the next James Harrison? Gibson, Dwyer, and Brown were all nice value picks. I was shocked to see Dwyer drop that low and love his game. It won't be a shocker to see him get some carries if Mendenhall has fumbling issues or if the coach wants to send him a message to stop pirouetting through the hole.

Browns: C : Haden and Ward were questionable value picks for where they were taken respectively but they will undoubtedly help the secondary out. Hardesty is a back I love who could get pt early. I honestly did not have that great of separation between him and Ryan Mathews. Colt McCoy could end up being the QB of the future for the team so getting him where they did could end up being a steal. I'm definitely rooting for him. I did think Carlton Mitchell would go much higher.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:06 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

browns had 5 picks in the first 3 rounds, so if they don't come out with the most good players in this draft out of the division it's a disappointment - especially considering they had one 1st, two 2nds and picked early in each round with a top 7 pick compared to picks in the late teens and twenties for the other three teams. Though I think Baltimore did very well considering they didn't pick in round one. I think Cody will be a 20-30 snaps a game nose tackle and Kindle will eventually replace Suggs and has high upside.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:38 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
browns had 5 picks in the first 3 rounds, so if they don't come out with the most good players in this draft out of the division it's a disappointment - especially considering they had one 1st, two 2nds and picked early in each round with a top 7 pick compared to picks in the late teens and twenties for the other three teams. Though I think Baltimore did very well considering they didn't pick in round one. I think Cody will be a 20-30 snaps a game nose tackle and Kindle will eventually replace Suggs and has high upside.
Really, I don't get this "he'll replace Suggs" nonsense. Who's going to play opposite of him? Kruger's moving to the DL, and having Johnson play opposite of him isn't going to help our pass rush any more than what it is now.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:40 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I picked Ravens, because it made that defense that much better.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:53 AM    (permalink
bam bam
Veteran

bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post

Kindle very well might have been their pick at 25
they were going to take Dan Williams if they stayed put.

Ill take Kindle & Cody over Dan Williams anyday, if we make the presumption all three will pan out of course.
bam bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:32 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam bam View Post
they were going to take Dan Williams if they stayed put.

Ill take Kindle & Cody over Dan Williams anyday, if we make the presumption all three will pan out of course.
Actually it would be more accurate to say Kindle, Dickson, and Pitta over Dan Williams since those are the players that we picked up in the trade ;). And yes, I would also make that move every time since Cody is a better run-stuffer and neither he nor Williams would have been/will be in in pass-rush situations for us IMO.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
bce
Veteran

bce bce bce bce bce bce bce bce bce bce bce

Steelers and ravens. Just like every year.

The cincy bengals they draft some talent, but its either injury prone or has off field issues. The jordan shipley pick was particularly bad. Dunlap is a top 10 talent, but he has off field issues. Gresham is also injury prone. Dunlaps the best talent, but the cincy bengals dont have a history of being able to give their players "proper direction".

The browns they just dont have any clue. They use the 7th pick on a slow corner. That pick on any corner is generally a mistake, but to pick a slow corner is an even bigger one. Tj ward looks like a decent player, but saftey is an injury prone position and he hasnt been even able to stay healthy at the college level. The best two picks look like the 6th and 7th rounders carlton mitchell and robert geathers.

The browns have no clue. F-------------
bce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 01:34 PM    (permalink
bce
Veteran

clifton geathers
Old 06-12-2010, 01:37 PM    (permalink
bce
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
To make it easier, here's who each team drafted.

Baltimore

43 - Sergio Kindle
57 - Terrence Cody
70 - Ed Dickson
114 - Dennis Pitta
156 - David Reed
157 - Arthur Jones
194 - Ramon Harewood

Bengals

21 - Jermaine Gresham
54 - Carlos Dunlap
84 - Jordan Shipley
96 - Brandon Ghee
120 - Geno Atkins
131 - Roddrick Muckelroy
152 - Otis Hudson
191 - Dezmon Briscoe
228 - Reggie Stevens

Browns

7 - Joe Haden
38 - T.J. Ward
59 - Montario Hardesty
85 - Colt McCoy
92 - Shawn Lauvao
160 - Larry Asante
177 - Carlton Mitchell
186 - Clifton Geathers

Steelers

18 - Maurkice Pouncey
52 - Jason Worilds
82 - Emmanuel Sanders
116 - Thaddeus Gibson
151 - Chris Scott
164 - Crezdon Butler
166 - Stevenson Sylvester
188 - Jonathan Dwyer
195 - Antonio Brown
242 - Doug Worthington

I like the Bengals draft as the best out of the division, they got some very good value out of their top 4 picks. Not sure how much sense Dunlap makes on their team, but I heard that he might play a little DT there (which still doesn't make much sense lol, but they can get him on the field with their other 2 DEs then). Then, of course, I like the Ravens draft next. Kindle was good value at 43 and our FO is saying he won't need surgery so I'm okay with the pick now. Cody I was staunchly against before the draft, and I'm still not in love with the pick, but I'm coming around to it. The rest of the guys we draft filled some needs and I see all of them making the squad except for Harewood. I wasn't a huge fan of the Steelers or browns drafts, but they weren't bad at all. I'm actually glad that PIT drafted two more OLBs, maybe we'll see less of Harrison and Woodley now :D.

Theres a simple rule to follow. Teams that have a 'winning program" with regards to drafting will generally draft better than teams without a "winning program". I would never in any draft year believe that the cleve browns or ciny bengals will draft better than the steelers or ravens, who have experienced personnel and long track records of proper draft decisions.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:52 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went with the Ravens, basically because down the board the guys that were picked to me none were reaches.. Arthur Jones was a steal probably and David Reed could be a good wideout.

Cincys draft probably would come in second I like the potential they have with all those picks, but Gresham should be up there for OROY next year if healthy ummmm Dunlap is gifted just needs to get his act together, Briscoe and Shipley will sure help Palmer as he has tons of options on offense now. Then Muckelroy pick at least he can be a great special teamer and then Ghee and Geno Atkins was great.

Pitts wasn't anything special but they always develop a handful of late round gems, they can scout. Also, like Clevelands with Hardesty and McCoy just seems to stick to my head he could very well start in this league I think he has it. TJ Ward was a bit of a reach but hey he can hit and then that Brown secondary will be upgraded with Haden..
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 01:59 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Ravens could end up getting almost nothing out of this draft, because there is substantial risk with 3 of their picks in Kindle, Cody, and Jones. Yea, Ozzie could look like a genius, but he could also look really dumb in a couple years. Really, would it be that surprising if Kindle and Cody are out of the league in 5 years?

The Steelers draft was pretty solid and I hated them getting Pouncey, but other than that, they didn't do much to help their ailing lines, which is fine with me.

Cincinnati does what it always does and tries to catch lightning in a bottle with injury and character risks... we'll see where they end up.

Maybe it's a homer pick, although I think I've been the least homerish of anyone on the All AFCN team stuff, but I really like Joe Haden and Montario Hardesty. There's some risk with TJ Ward, but if he can stay healthy, he is a hitter. I personally didn't like the Colt McCoy pick, but I like the Geathers and Mitchell picks as Triangle Number prospects late in the draft.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
bce
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
I went with the Ravens, basically because down the board the guys that were picked to me none were reaches.. Arthur Jones was a steal probably and David Reed could be a good wideout.

Cincys draft probably would come in second I like the potential they have with all those picks, but Gresham should be up there for OROY next year if healthy ummmm Dunlap is gifted just needs to get his act together, Briscoe and Shipley will sure help Palmer as he has tons of options on offense now. Then Muckelroy pick at least he can be a great special teamer and then Ghee and Geno Atkins was great.

Pitts wasn't anything special but they always develop a handful of late round gems, they can scout. Also, like Clevelands with Hardesty and McCoy just seems to stick to my head he could very well start in this league I think he has it. TJ Ward was a bit of a reach but hey he can hit and then that Brown secondary will be upgraded with Haden..

The key with gresham is "if he can stay healthy". The key with dunlap is "can he stay out of trouble". Both are question marks. I dont see dezmon briscoe or jordan shipley as "impact players", briscoe has off field concerns along with being slow. Shipley has two major knee injuries as well as being slow. These draft picks are full of injury and off field concerns for the bengals.

So what the browns upgraded their secondary. They still dont have any semblance of quality qb play, they have no semblance of any type of skill position ability, they have no semblance of a pass rusher. Sean rogers is going to be suspended. They just dont get it.

Everyone talks anout late round gems for the steelers, but they always do their best business in the early rounds. The majority of the team is built from rd 1-3 draft choices. Their draft looks like nothing special because you didnt continuously hear the media screaming the names of the players they drafted. Thats the only reason. Its like well that guy didnt play for florida oklahoma bama or texas or he wasnt ndumkong suh and that makes him not one of the elite players. They have a system and it works and its not just based on "late rd steals". What they do better than anyone else his hit home runs on their high picks. Their drafting since the departure of tom donahoe, especially in the early rounds, has been the best. Thats why theyre the two thats right two time worlds champs. And to say the detroit lions or cleveland browns are going to draft better than them, or pete carrol is going to draft better than them is highly highly unlikely. I love the steelers draft they got an A, along with the ravens. The cincy bengals drafted some talent, but its talent with major question marks. The cleveland browns are clueless their draft was a mess.

You say the ravens could get nothing well whens the last time that happened. Do you honestly think they dont what theyre doing and the cleve browns and bengals do? Theres a much higher probability of jermaine gresham getting hurt and carlos dunlap getting arrested than there is of sergio kindle or terrence cody 'not working out". Everyone talks about kindle being hurt, but he never missed any games, meanwhile jermaine gresham, who missed EVERY game hes a lock hes a great pick.

Theres a simple rule in grading draft boards. People who have a proven record of drafting well will tend to draft well. people that are inexperienced or have a proven record of drafting poorly will draft poorly
Old 06-12-2010, 04:07 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bce View Post
Its like well that guy didnt play for florida oklahoma bama or texas or he wasnt ndumkong suh and that makes him not one of the elite players.
Your first round pick was from Florida. Good one.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 04:15 PM    (permalink
bce
Veteran

Do you have anything to add or are you just content with following me around cause i hurt your feelings and pride.

im not sure the relevance of the statement. I would say that everyone thinks the draft was saved by pouncey, otherwise it woukd be an F, why because a lot of the guys drafted didnt have the media in a hysteria.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:23 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bce View Post
Theres a simple rule in grading draft boards. People who have a proven record of drafting well will tend to draft well. people that are inexperienced or have a proven record of drafting poorly will draft poorly
So under this idea, you didn't even need to consider who they drafted since you're going completely on their track record instead of who they actually picked. Quality analysis.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 04:38 PM    (permalink
bce
Veteran

Again, the teams that have a history of drafting well will continue to do so. They have a "winning formula". Who am I to question the drafting strategy of teams that have shown a record of past success in drafting? I mean if I knew better than they did, would I be sitting here?

And why would I endorse the drafting startegies of the proven incompetent or those who have no record of proper drafting, the inexperienced. I'll put my voice behind the ones who have proven they know what theyre doing. You can bet on those who dont do it right or havent done it right in the past believing that the winning formula will somehow pop into their heads one day, but I doubt it highly.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:55 PM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted the Browns as my favorite draft.

7 - Joe Haden - Obvious talent and improvement to their secondary.

38 - T.J. Ward - Turned some heads by making plays earlier in the year and a good addition to the guys already back there.

59 - Montario Hardesty - Injured early, but his talent is unmistakable. Should be the perfect compliment to Hillis next year.

85 - Colt McCoy - Aside from Bradford, Colt was the only QB I liked in the draft. And he certainly didn't disappoint this year as a starter.

92 - Shawn Lauvao - I have no idea how this pick is panning out in Cleveland, but Lauvao was a guy I had targetted before the draft and was most displeased with Cleveland when they decided to snatch him away.

160 - Larry Asante - Talented Nebraska player that was an excellent value pick in the sixth round.

177 - Carlton Mitchell - Great value pick. Has contributed.

186 - Clifton Geathers - Great value pick. 7th round flyer.
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:25 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Well now that for the most part the season is over. I can look back at the whole season and make a judgement here.

I am a Ravens fan through and through but I have to say this year... it was the Steelers that had the best draft. Pouncey, is a starter at center a very difficult position in the NFL to play period and the two WR's they brought in were bright spots as well.
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote