Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 01-09-2011, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Official Free Agency Discussion

The counterpart to the Draft discussion thread. Let's try and separate the two.

Can one of the Mods sticky this please?
Old 01-09-2011, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll begin by throwing this out there:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6004943

Nnamdi Asomugha is a free agent now. Do we break the bank for him?
Old 01-09-2011, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Newbs24
Rookie

Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post

For a guy that can shut down half the field? I say yes. Draft a DE and MLB and LT and we should be a very solid team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario86 View Post
Stanton will be a pro bowler his 5th year book it.
Newbs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:37 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I knew someone was going to bring him up. I'm down for it... but I don't see it happening. It'd be great.... but yeah.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Which OLB do you guys like?

Chad Greenway is a pipe dream, I suppose.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:00 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://ten.247sports.com/Article/Ste...ennessee-10071

MLB Stephen Tulloch looks like he is going to hit the market.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ning-breaston/

Cardinals haven't shown interest in re-signing WR Steve Breaston
Old 01-10-2011, 08:44 AM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say no to Nnamdi Asomugha. Just a gut feeling ...

CB Scenario: retain Houston / A. Smith (Jimmy Smith pick #45, Chykie Brown pick #77)

LB I like (a healthy) Paul Posluszny (who should of been ours with the Stanton debacle pick, but I'm not bitter @ MM or anything) :o)

LB Scenario: (All Big 10 starters) Carpertner / Posluszny / Levy (Von Miller pick #13, Casey Matthews pick #109)

Buffalo will probably lock up PP but it's a cool thought.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:45 AM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Not only yes but hell yes.
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Tom Kowalski says the Lions will go for Nnamdi:

http://twitter.com/TomKowalski36/sta...26141326888960
Old 01-10-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Revis's contract was 4 years 32 million guaranteed, 46 million overall.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we probably 'saved' that much money by winning the final 4 games and not having to draft that high again.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:44 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
we probably 'saved' that much money by winning the final 4 games and not having to draft that high again.
cutting Peterson's 8M helped too!
Old 01-10-2011, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the killer is doing a great job right now. he's building a bridge out of nothing that links us with nnamdi. nnamdi is probably sitting at home, reading espn insider and now he can think about the lions dline. all because of killer.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-10-2011, 07:17 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tom Kowalski says the Lions will go for Nnamdi:

http://twitter.com/TomKowalski36/sta...26141326888960
Er.. I'm sure about 100% of NFL teams will go after Nnamdi. Tom Kowalski still sucks.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:53 AM    (permalink
cotts1
Rookie

cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINCE1978 View Post
I say no to Nnamdi Asomugha. Just a gut feeling ...

CB Scenario: retain Houston / A. Smith (Jimmy Smith pick #45, Chykie Brown pick #77)

LB I like (a healthy) Paul Posluszny (who should of been ours with the Stanton debacle pick, but I'm not bitter @ MM or anything) :o)

LB Scenario: (All Big 10 starters) Carpertner / Posluszny / Levy (Von Miller pick #13, Casey Matthews pick #109)

Buffalo will probably lock up PP but it's a cool thought.

Not sure how you could say no to going after 1 of the 2 true shutdown corners in the NFL. He is such a valuable commodity to a defense. The Raiders are insane for voiding this guys contract. And there is no guarantee Houston resigns with us.

<0% chance of happening but imagine if the Lions somehow landed Nnamdi. Traded up and drafted Patrick Peterson. Sign Tulloch, draft a mid round LB like Casey Matthews.... Ok, dream is over now.
cotts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:50 AM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

He made 16M last year (roughly) & will fetch more than that on the open market as the #1 CB prospect ... happy hunting with Ford's $$ ...
He is a terrific talent, no question. I just still do not picture Detroit as the #1 off season option for a guy who could go anywhere. Still not picturing that :o)

I say draft the next potential Asomugha ... Did you see KC's secondary on Sunday? Filled with rookies & 2nd, 3rd year guys making plays. Strive for that .. .draft 2 CB's or a CB & S combo in the first 3 rounds that fits what Schwartz/Gun want. It's cheaper & you can mold them to your team. (ie Spievey) MM is proving he can hit on most of his draft picks, plus he was an NFL DB so he seems pretty dialed in at what he wants I believe.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:13 AM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He made 16M last year (roughly) & will fetch more than that on the open market as the #1 CB prospect ... happy hunting with Ford's $$ ...
He is a terrific talent, no question. I just still do not picture Detroit as the #1 off season option for a guy who could go anywhere. Still not picturing that :o)

I say draft the next potential Asomugha ... Did you see KC's secondary on Sunday? Filled with rookies & 2nd, 3rd year guys making plays. Strive for that .. .draft 2 CB's or a CB & S combo in the first 3 rounds that fits what Schwartz/Gun want. It's cheaper & you can mold them to your team. (ie Spievey) MM is proving he can hit on most of his draft picks, plus he was an NFL DB so he seems pretty dialed in at what he wants I believe.
Just that simple? There aren't that many shutdown corners in the league to begin with and the two people like in the upcoming draft are probably out of reach.

I dunno... I see a guy out there who with our line can make a huge difference. If we make a play for him now and grab him that's a secondary upgrade of the highest magnitude. Its one less thing we "need" in the draft and then we can fall back to doing what successful teams do at the draft: take the best player available regardless of need.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:58 AM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

one of the best CBs in the league now at the age of 29.... of course you go for him. adding him and a full draft this team can be looking extremely good. Would completely change this defense adding him to our dline
Old 01-11-2011, 12:19 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whether or not we should go after Nnamdi should not even be in question. As has been discussed, the only question is whether or not we can lure him to Detroit. His effect would be massive, period.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tblain1 View Post
Just that simple? There aren't that many shutdown corners in the league to begin with and the two people like in the upcoming draft are probably out of reach.

I dunno... I see a guy out there who with our line can make a huge difference. If we make a play for him now and grab him that's a secondary upgrade of the highest magnitude. Its one less thing we "need" in the draft and then we can fall back to doing what successful teams do at the draft: take the best player available regardless of need.
You make it sound like it's the Lions choice. Similar to the dillusional Michigan slappy who believed Harbaugh & then Miles were Michigan's choices & were looked over for another option. Like the AD & President opted to not bring them to Schembechler Hall or something ... Wrong! It's the other way around!
This guy plays in the Bay area for 16M/year! What in his right mind would bring him to Detroit to play for the Lions? Think logically ... I'm with noondog, this guy can name his ticket ... I was being realistic in the game plan with the draft scenarios etc ... never questioning his talent/ability. No doubt he shuts down 1/2 the field in passing (at a hefty price tag) but he IS NOT picking Ford Field as his home.

Last edited by SINCE1978 : 01-12-2011 at 10:06 AM.
SINCE1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

Quote:
You make it sound like it's the Lions choice. Similar to the dillusional Michigan slappy who believed Harbough & then Miles were Michigan's choices & were looked over for another option. Like the AD & President opted to not bring them to Schembechler Hall or something ... Wrong! It's the other way around!
This guy plays in the Bay are for 16M/year! What in his right mind would bring him to Detroit to play for the Lions? Think logically ... I'm with noondog, this guy can name his ticket ... I was being realistic in the game plan with the draft scenarios etc ... never questioning his talent/ability. No doubt he shuts down 1/2 the field in passing (at a hefty price tag) but he IS NOT picking Ford Field as his home.
The question was whether Detroit should go after him. We'll leave it up to Nmandi whether he wants to make Detroit his home.

Sorry I mis-read your original post. I think I got the gist of your plan now: Don't expect him to land here, have a solid plan B. Make sense, I just hope our scouts can identify the right CBs. I wasn't overly impressed with Spivey during the few games I saw of him. Corner seems to be a hard position to scout projecting from NCAA to NFL.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

i still don't understand this whole no collective bargaining agreement restrictions fully. are we only able to trade draft choices from here on out? no player swaps on draft day like usual? that will be boring and force GMs to actually scout and make good decisions.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-11-2011, 03:56 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nnamdi wants to go to a good team. If he went to the Lions he would make them a good team with that D-Line and then the Lions would be able to Draft a guy Like Robert Quinn and make the D even better.
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:17 AM    (permalink
DrunkenLament
Rookie

DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyz View Post
Nnamdi wants to go to a good team. If he went to the Lions he would make them a good team with that D-Line and then the Lions would be able to Draft a guy Like Robert Quinn and make the D even better.
Why go to an ok team that he could make good, when he can go to a good team and make them great? I think it may come down to how much money we'd be willing to offer him but I feel its very unlikely he'll come here (though I always thought Nnamdi looked good in the Honolulu blue in Madden).

Last edited by DrunkenLament : 01-12-2011 at 01:19 AM. Reason: lol grammar failz
DrunkenLament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:47 AM    (permalink
4thandGoal
Rookie

4thandGoal is so money.4thandGoal is so money.4thandGoal is so money.4thandGoal is so money.4thandGoal is so money.4thandGoal is so money.4thandGoal is so money.4thandGoal is so money.4thandGoal is so money.4thandGoal is so money.

draft quinn at 13?

Not likely.

We should pursue Nmamdi.

we could be the team with crazy names that no one can pronounce.
4thandGoal is offline   Reply With Quote