Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 03-21-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Sammy Knight Cut?

I just saw that Knight was cut I didn't see this coming I thought we would trade/cut Welsey.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is the link.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2807501
Old 03-21-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, way to do your research fellas, they said that Pollard was slated to take over for Knight when based on last year it was Page who replaced Knight frequently.

Also, Turley is gone.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah true true
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, Herm and CP don't play around, We are getting younger in a hurry. Do you think Wesley is next? or he is going to be cut also?
Old 03-22-2007, 08:43 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
Wow, way to do your research fellas, they said that Pollard was slated to take over for Knight when based on last year it was Page who replaced Knight frequently.

Also, Turley is gone.
I know both Pollard and Page were going to start but it would have been nice to keep Knight.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:11 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This cut doesn't disappoint me, while Wesley sometimes makes boneheaded decisions he is a much better athlete than Knight, which makes him a much better player to have come off the bench. I would take Wesley ten out of ten times over Knight.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:11 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I know both Pollard and Page were going to start but it would have been nice to keep Knight.
Oh, and I don't think it's a certain thing that Pollard will be starting. Page I can see being penciled in there, but Pollard will have to prove himself first.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Oh, and I don't think it's a certain thing that Pollard will be starting. Page I can see being penciled in there, but Pollard will have to prove himself first.
I think Page will start at FS and Pollard will start at SS there has been talk that Welsey could be cut or traded as well.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:58 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I think Page will start at FS and Pollard will start at SS there has been talk that Welsey could be cut or traded as well.
Could be, although such a move would bring the Chiefs depth at safety to zero. It would also open the door to drafting another safety, perhaps a Meriweather or a Rouse could be targeted.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

The whole thing is age dropping Knight,Turley,Green and maybe Wesley drops our age and I love that.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:05 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard we are shopping Wesley.We should get a 4th or 5th for him he is a good player and we should get something in return for him
Old 03-22-2007, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

From what I have heard it will be no more then a 5th which I would be happy with.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

5th rounder from Arizona maybe, Atlanta, Buffalo or Jax lol
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of trades, is there any new News on where Trent will be going? A 5th for wesley and a 6th for Trent...we need all the picks we can get.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:42 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Speaking of trades, is there any new News on where Trent will be going? A 5th for wesley and a 6th for Trent...we need all the picks we can get.
We are getting a 7th from Miami it appears, that and the pick is New England's from the Wes Walker deal so it's at the end of the draft. That and I have a hard time believing anyone would give up a 5th for Wesley. He might net us a 7th, but will probably be cut outright. I would think we would have a better chance of getting a pick out of Sims than Wesley. Whatever we get helps though.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

I don't understand why Wesley wouldn't get a higher pick, he's a consistent football player and a playmaker, for the most part he doesn't miss many games and he's a big, physical safety. A 3rd or a 4th sounds reasonable to me.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:49 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
I don't understand why Wesley wouldn't get a higher pick, he's a consistent football player and a playmaker, for the most part he doesn't miss many games and he's a big, physical safety. A 3rd or a 4th sounds reasonable to me.
The way I think about it though is how would we feel if Peterson gave up a third or forth of ours (assuming we had one) for Wesley. He's over 30 and has been inconsistant for his entire career. There is really no upside with him and at his current level he is serviceable but not an all pro. I have always liked the guy but really, he hasn't been much more than average safety and teams know that if they don't trade for him he will probably be released and they can sign him from there. I hope I'm wrong and we get some value, but I just don't see it happening.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:27 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPhilb View Post
The way I think about it though is how would we feel if Peterson gave up a third or forth of ours (assuming we had one) for Wesley. He's over 30 and has been inconsistant for his entire career. There is really no upside with him and at his current level he is serviceable but not an all pro. I have always liked the guy but really, he hasn't been much more than average safety and teams know that if they don't trade for him he will probably be released and they can sign him from there. I hope I'm wrong and we get some value, but I just don't see it happening.
Actually, Wesley just turned 29 a few days ago, and I disagree with the consistency thing.

2000 - 16 games, 87 tackles, 2 ints.
2001 - 16 games, 84 tackles, 2 ints.
2002 - 13 games, 64 tackles, 6 ints.
2003 - 16 games, 104 tackles, 6 ints.
2004 - 12 games, 66 tackles, 4 ints.
2005 - 16 games, 82 tackles, 6 ints.
2006 - 14 games, 67 tackles, 3 ints.

Since he came into the league he has only missed 9 games, if he plays in a whole season he will get 80+ tackles and is consistently hovering around 5 interceptions per season. And he's played for what? 3 different defensive coordinators and 4 or 5 different defensive schemes? And his production remains the same? Definetely worth a 3rd round pick in my mind.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:41 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

I'd love if we got a 4th rounder for him.
Quote:
Old 03-23-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

Quote:
Actually, Wesley just turned 29 a few days ago, and I disagree with the consistency thing.

2000 - 16 games, 87 tackles, 2 ints.
2001 - 16 games, 84 tackles, 2 ints.
2002 - 13 games, 64 tackles, 6 ints.
2003 - 16 games, 104 tackles, 6 ints.
2004 - 12 games, 66 tackles, 4 ints.
2005 - 16 games, 82 tackles, 6 ints.
2006 - 14 games, 67 tackles, 3 ints.

Since he came into the league he has only missed 9 games, if he plays in a whole season he will get 80+ tackles and is consistently hovering around 5 interceptions per season. And he's played for what? 3 different defensive coordinators and 4 or 5 different defensive schemes? And his production remains the same? Definetely worth a 3rd round pick in my mind.
Good points village. Without looking at the stats it just seems that he sometimes has long stretches in which he just disappears. I still don't think though that I would be willing to give up more than a late rounder for him. We'll see what the market brings. I would love to get that 4th rounder we gave up for Bennet back.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
turninandburnin1
Rookie

turninandburnin1 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

wesley shows up for a couple of games and then disappears like u said above.