Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-11-2011, 11:52 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Looks like it is over; Les Miles will be staying at LSU according to multiple sources close to the situation.
I kind of figured that would happen. As marino has said a few times in various threads, Miles wasn't exactly well liked by many people around Michigan. So now, WHATCHA GONNA DO, WHEN HOKEAMANIA RUNS WILD ON YOU!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:58 AM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6011557

Les is stayin at LSU
ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:03 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...-michigan-job/

Brady Hoke in discussion with Michigan about their head coaching job

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:08 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be fine and even happy with Brady Hoke if he can bring in the rumored super staff.

Actually I'm almost at the point where Brian at MGoblog's denigration of Brady Hoke makes me want him to stay at SDSU, beat Michigan in 2011, go on to have a great season, get hired by someone else, and have 10+ win seasons for the next 10-15 years.

But I'll never root for Michigan to lose, so I'm only "almost" there. I think Brady Hoke would/will be a fine coach at Michigan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
I would be fine and even happy with Brady Hoke if he can bring in the rumored super staff.

Actually I'm almost at the point where Brian at MGoblog's denigration of Brady Hoke makes me want him to stay at SDSU, beat Michigan in 2011, go on to have a great season, get hired by someone else, and have 10+ win seasons for the next 10-15 years.

But I'll never root for Michigan to lose, so I'm only "almost" there. I think Brady Hoke would/will be a fine coach at Michigan.
he put so much into hating Llyod/Supporting Rod that he has lost a lot of rationality which is a pity.

I wouldn't hate the Hoke hire cause 1)He loves Michigan 2)His players love him 3)He adapts to his players 4)He's not a bad coach. But the rumors are that he was the first choice all along, and if that's the case, why not hire him right away.

A lot of fans are flipping out because of Hoke's record. Gene Chizik didn't have a great record going into the Auburn job (willingness to cheat or not, the record stunk).

I also people flipping out because the "old guard" got their guy. I don't care who the coach is as long as they get the job done.
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:22 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino13 View Post
he put so much into hating Llyod/Supporting Rod that he has lost a lot of rationality which is a pity.

I wouldn't hate the Hoke hire cause 1)He loves Michigan 2)His players love him 3)He adapts to his players 4)He's not a bad coach. But the rumors are that he was the first choice all along, and if that's the case, why not hire him right away.

A lot of fans are flipping out because of Hoke's record. Gene Chizik didn't have a great record going into the Auburn job (willingness to cheat or not, the record stunk).

I also people flipping out because the "old guard" got their guy. I don't care who the coach is as long as they get the job done.
To me it seems as though Hoke might be the perfect guy for this job. I haven't gotteb to see much of his team play but I kbow that this guy is young, fired up, and has a ton of passion for football, and most importantly the U of M. If he can surround himself with the right assistants and recruit the way that michigan is suppose too? Watch out

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:07 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, we officially hired Brady Hoke. Trying to find a link now.

EDIT: http://www.mgoblue.com/index-main.html

Michigan insiders are saying that Dave Brandon left yesterday's meeting with Les Miles and did not offer him the job. If that is true, then Lloyd Carr and his buddies can go **** themselves.

Last edited by P-L : 01-11-2011 at 03:10 PM.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Hoke will be a good coach for Michigan. A lot for people hate on his record but they have to realize how bad the teams he took over were. Didn't he take SDSU to their first bowl game in 13 years? I know it is not a difficult conference but that is impressive when you can make a team overcome 13 years of crappy football. If he can put together a solid staff then we will be very good. Plus he is defensive minded, something that RichRod never was.
"You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler

Last edited by Silver & Blue : 01-13-2011 at 08:36 PM.
Silver & Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
T

To me it seems as though Hoke might be the perfect guy for this job. I haven't gotteb to see much of his team play but I kbow that this guy is young, fired up, and has a ton of passion for football, and most importantly the U of M. If he can surround himself with the right assistants and recruit the way that michigan is suppose too? Watch out
he's not that young, but he's underrated in everything else. good recruiter when he was at Michigan, good defenses, and popular with his players. not my first, second, or even third option, but he's a positive change as long as the whole michigan family gets behind him.

0% chance of happening
Old 01-11-2011, 03:19 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Hoke, he just wasn't at the top of my list. My main concern is his recruiting abilities. I don't know how well he can recruit; hopefully better than Rod. I'm glad this saga is over and we ended up with a guy who is passionate about the program and really wants to be here more than anything else. If he succeeds here, he'll be here until the day he retires. I would feel more comfortable if some of the rumors about who he will bring with him (assistants-wise) are true.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I like Hoke, he just wasn't at the top of my list. My main concern is his recruiting abilities. I don't know how well he can recruit; hopefully better than Rod. I'm glad this saga is over and we ended up with a guy who is passionate about the program and really wants to be here more than anything else. If he succeeds here, he'll be here until the day he retires. I would feel more comfortable if some of the rumors about who he will bring with him (assistants-wise) are true.
That is pretty much everybody's concern with him. But the football analysts that have talked about him said he is a great recruiter. If brings in that rumored staff then recruiting might be easier.
"You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler
Old 01-11-2011, 03:23 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

The biggest downside to this hire is that if Craig James calls any Michigan games, we'll have to listen to him masturbate every time the camera shows Hoke.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:32 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know about Hoke's recruiting abilities as a whole but he did have Tyler Bray committed to him before Tennessee came calling.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:33 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Former Michigan & West Virginia OC Calvin Magee will be new OC at Pittsburgh. Should make for interesting Backyard Brawl

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-11-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

People also complain about not getting the "big name" hire. Was Mark Dantonio a big name when he was hired by MSU? No, he was a mediocre coach for the Cincinnati Bearcats. Was Bo Schembechler a big name? Probably not, he came to Michigan from Miami, Ohio.

-Bo Schembechler
Old 01-11-2011, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BTW guys, this adds a whole new dimension to next year's Sept. 24 game against San Diego State! Can you say LeBron Returns II?
Old 01-11-2011, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whether the fans like the Hoke hire or not, a lot of alumni have come out and said how much they love the hire (including Tom Brady, Charles Woodson, Mike Hart, and RIch Eisen). Darryl Stonum, and Mike Martin also said they are excited because they hear nothing but great things about him
Old 01-11-2011, 05:21 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Early rumblings seem to indicate that this team seems to support Hoke more than the 2008 guys supported Rodriguez, which is great to hear.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Early rumblings seem to indicate that this team seems to support Hoke more than the 2008 guys supported Rodriguez, which is great to hear.
well a lot of alumni have said that under Carr they could always walk into Schembechler Hall and it would have a family atmosphere. They said under Rod they barely recognized Michigan.

It also sounds mile the seniors like Stonum, Molk, Martiv, and RVD have all been vocal saying that their freshmen year the seniors set a bad example, and they would do the right thing for Michigan.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:06 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Per Bruce Feldman: According to a source UConn is finalizing a deal to make fmr Miami OC Mark Whipple its next head coach.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-11-2011, 09:54 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Per Bruce Feldman: According to a source UConn is finalizing a deal to make fmr Miami OC Mark Whipple its next head coach.
Well that's......weird.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:06 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Well that's......weird.
He won a NC at UMass, so he obviously knows the area for recruiting.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:15 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

LSU OC Gary Crowton has accepted the OC job at Maryland. The contract is 3 years, $500,000 a year.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-13-2011, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
LSU OC Gary Crowton has accepted the OC job at Maryland. The contract is 3 years, $500,000 a year.
Why would you leave LSU for Maryland?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:36 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michigan guys...

How confident are you that Hoke wants to bring in Soup and that he will come? I know he's a Michigan guy, I'm just hoping Hoke doesn't want him.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote