Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-11-2011, 09:56 AM    (permalink
FordFairlane
Rookie

FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FordFairlane is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default So Auburn are the National Champs.... for now.

Did anyone actually bother watching this farce of a national championship game? I could careless since in a few years Auburn will be stripped of this title and season and Newton will be stripped of his Heisman. I have became disgusted with college football this season. The Heisman is a joke and means about the same as a urinal cake anymore. The Schools that cheat out number the schools that play fair and when the lame NCAA finally catches one of them they push it under the table. The NCAA Finally caught someone in the act or red handed so to say. And instead of nipping this in the bud and making Auburn Forfeit this season before all the games were played they swept that investigation under the rug. But I am sure a few years from now they'll drag it out and punish Auburn. Of course after Auburn and the NCAA make millions. And they suspend players from Ohio St. NEXT season. Hmmm, do you think any of them don't declare for the NFL? What a slap on the wrist. It just sucks for those of us who watch and cheer for teams that do it the right way. I mean at this point they might as well make it a bidding war on all players, don't make them go to school, and let them take steroids.
FordFairlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:28 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFairlane View Post
Did anyone actually bother watching this farce of a national championship game? I could careless since in a few years Auburn will be stripped of this title and season and Newton will be stripped of his Heisman. I have became disgusted with college football this season. The Heisman is a joke and means about the same as a urinal cake anymore. The Schools that cheat out number the schools that play fair and when the lame NCAA finally catches one of them they push it under the table. The NCAA Finally caught someone in the act or red handed so to say. And instead of nipping this in the bud and making Auburn Forfeit this season before all the games were played they swept that investigation under the rug. But I am sure a few years from now they'll drag it out and punish Auburn. Of course after Auburn and the NCAA make millions. And they suspend players from Ohio St. NEXT season. Hmmm, do you think any of them don't declare for the NFL? What a slap on the wrist. It just sucks for those of us who watch and cheer for teams that do it the right way. I mean at this point they might as well make it a bidding war on all players, don't make them go to school, and let them take steroids.
1) Take a deep breath.
2) Lay off the caffeine.
3) Paragraphs exist for a reason.
4) The idea of a perfectly clean team is a myth. There are just varying levels of dirtiness.
5) Yes, the NCAA has pretty much declared that they are all about the money.
6) I'm willing to bet that Pryor still has some more BS surface. A prima donna that held out his decision like that has a high likelihood for underhanded dealings.
7) I love boobies.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:34 AM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No. No one watched this game at all.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"I don't want nobody to feel sorry for me, because throughout this year didn't nobody feel sorry for Auburn," Newton said, setting a BCS record for double negatives in a single sentence.
Don't feel bad for Auburn football. Feel bad for everyone with a degree from Auburn. Guess the next question will be does he have what it takes to beat Vince Young in the wonderlic...
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You mad???
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
1) Take a deep breath.
2) Lay off the caffeine.
3) Paragraphs exist for a reason.
4) The idea of a perfectly clean team is a myth. There are just varying levels of dirtiness.
5) Yes, the NCAA has pretty much declared that they are all about the money.
6) I'm willing to bet that Pryor still has some more BS surface. A prima donna that held out his decision like that has a high likelihood for underhanded dealings.
7) I love boobies.
Pics or GTFO

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:07 PM    (permalink
metafour
Veteran

metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
metafour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:10 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Pics or GTFO
Ask and Ye Shall Receive... :)
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:16 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Auburn gets stripped of the title, TCU gets it, a new era is born, Cam Newton still sucks
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Bewbs!!!!!!

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 01-11-2011, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

And can one of our grammar czars help me out:
Shouldn't it be Auburn IS the National Champion?
They are a collective team and referred as one correct? No?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 01-11-2011, 10:12 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would usually say, "The Auburn Tigers are the National Champions," and "Auburn is the National Champion." Both of these are grammatically correct.

It depends if you're referring to the group as a whole or referring to them as individuals within the group. Therefore, "champion" or "champions" would decide which is the case. "Champion" means you're referring to them as a whole, so the verb should be singular. "Champions" means you're referring to them as individuals within the group, so the verb should be plural.

Grammatically, the agreement in the title is fine. If he said "champ" instead, then it would be incorrect.

It's tricky since it's a proper noun and not a pronoun. It's messy with showing possession too.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 01-11-2011 at 10:14 PM.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
And can one of our grammar czars help me out:
Shouldn't it be Auburn IS the National Champion?
They are a collective team and referred as one correct? No?
Auburn is
the Tigers are

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Thanks. No English class in a few years has left me rusty when I used to be an ace at it

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 01-12-2011, 07:01 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This post is ridiculous. First, everyone knows he got paid. Either he'll get stripped in a year or so, or they'll just let it go as to not tarnish the sport anymore. I think it's safe to assume every school has these kinds of issues, probably not as bad as Newton, but violations at least, we just hear about the ones that get caught.

2nd, they punished OSU for next season which is ********. But it looks like all 5 will be coming back next year, so that point you're trying to make sucks. Missing half of their senior year is hardly a slap on the wrist for these 5.

and Reality Check, they won't just award TCU the national championship if they take it from Auburn.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Last edited by Smooth Criminal : 01-12-2011 at 07:04 AM.
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:25 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They won't ever strip it, because the NCAA ruled him eligible. After Auburn asked the NCAA to look into it, they ruled him eligible. That will count for something, even if more info is found later.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:53 PM    (permalink
jtice2003
Rookie

jtice2003 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It is however funny how he WAS declared ineligible at some point, even in the briefest of time frames, there was still that doubt. I don't believe they will ever be stripped either but, in this day in age with all these black marks, anything will be scrutinized.
jtice2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thread author:

Old 01-12-2011, 02:26 PM    (permalink
MizzouBig12
Rookie

MizzouBig12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.MizzouBig12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
I, personally, don't like Auburn. I don't like the SEC. BUT in the manner in which these things are determined by the BCS, they ARE (and will be) the 2010-2011 National Champions. Deal with it.
MizzouBig12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kind of anticlimactic end of the game, last second FG. Yawwwwn.

It looked like a defensive struggle strangely enough at the start, mistakes in coverage led to the early scores. Neither team was dominant or looked like a champion, both teams made major mistakes, dropped passes, turnovers, penalties, etc. Not crisply coached teams by any stretch.

If there was a difference in the game it was the Auburn front 4, Oregon has not excuse for failure to block them. Auburns previous 2 opponents talked about them to ESPN at length in the wks. before, the Ducks had plenty of time to prepare. The Oregon 3rd & goal where the QB failed to handoff was the single most costly play IMO, got 3 points instead of a sure TD, Fairley came in unblocked.

Last edited by LizardState : 01-13-2011 at 03:23 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're not going to get a mistake free game when the teams have like 5 months of off time before the game.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:32 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing that pisses me off most (even more than the fact that Scam Newton was allowed to play.) is the terrible call on the reviewed play of what would have been Newton's second interception. The Oregon player had a foot down right when he caught it. Even if he hadn't, he also put his hand down. But instant replay in the NCAA is terrible, so they got the pick wrong and Auburn scores a TD soon after. Completely different outcome if Auburn doesn't get that TD.
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:11 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
The thing that pisses me off most (even more than the fact that Scam Newton was allowed to play.) is the terrible call on the reviewed play of what would have been Newton's second interception. The Oregon player had a foot down right when he caught it. Even if he hadn't, he also put his hand down. But instant replay in the NCAA is terrible, so they got the pick wrong and Auburn scores a TD soon after. Completely different outcome if Auburn doesn't get that TD.
call on the field was incomplete and the foot down was too close to determine and overturn and a hand does not count. (and he bobbled it outta bounds)

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:38 AM    (permalink
JPP90
Veteran

JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.

All its going to take is someone wanting to make a name for themselves deciding to reveal how much Auburn paid for Newton's services and that will be the end of Auburn's title and Newton's Heisman. I wonder if they confiscate the rings too. Of course by that time Newton wil have already sold his to Terrelle Pryor.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:44 AM    (permalink
JPP90
Veteran

JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Don't feel bad for Auburn football. Feel bad for everyone with a degree from Auburn. Guess the next question will be does he have what it takes to beat Vince Young in the wonderlic...
He's gonna be a darling in the interviews at the Combine. Hopefully they don't ask him to tie his shoes or write a complete sentence...stick to running and flicking that football around.