Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 01-13-2011, 07:04 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not that it should be discarded, it shouldn't. But it should be looked at as what it was. It was a very close game that almost went into overtime. That shows that the two teams are pretty even and either one is fully capable of winning. Atlanta ended up winning that one, but the Packers were in it the whole game. If one thing falls the other way, the Packers win the game. That's how close it was. Falcons fans (ATLDirtyBirds in particular) are acting like they beat the crap out of us and it's surely going to happen again.

Even though we lost, I took the game as a positive thing for our team because of the way we played. It let us know that we can beat the Falcons in Atlanta if we were to meet again in the playoffs. A month and a half later, here we are.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:32 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
It's not that it should be discarded, it shouldn't. But it should be looked at as what it was. It was a very close game that almost went into overtime. That shows that the two teams are pretty even and either one is fully capable of winning. Atlanta ended up winning that one, but the Packers were in it the whole game. If one thing falls the other way, the Packers win the game. That's how close it was. Falcons fans (ATLDirtyBirds in particular) are acting like they beat the crap out of us and it's surely going to happen again.

Even though we lost, I took the game as a positive thing for our team because of the way we played. It let us know that we can beat the Falcons in Atlanta if we were to meet again in the playoffs. A month and a half later, here we are.
I've never acted like we "beat the crap out of you." I fully anticipate we will win the a close game just like we did Week 12. If you want to talk about acting like you will surely win, look at your fellow Packers fans talking about the #6 seed coming into play the #1 seed at a place where they are virtually unstoppable.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:10 PM    (permalink
TheFalconsFan
Rookie

TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.

looks like Mike Mularkey will be staying....I doubt he'll go to Oakland
TheFalconsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:00 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brian Williams is likely out.

Oh and:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

http://espn.go.com/nfl/notebook/_/pa...ekly-nfl-guide
Old 01-14-2011, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Oh man, Brian Williams has done a great job this year and is a great nickel.

We really do need him in this game, but luckily Chris Owens will fill in and we won't lose much. Dominique Franks should be activated.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chill the **** out, we're gonna win this ****.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-14-2011, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Interesting, Steve Wyche is expecting Harry Douglas to have a huge game. I guess he sees Mularkey doing some trickery and pulling stuff out of his hat that he hasn't showed yet. Hopefully it's true.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-14-2011, 10:15 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Interesting, Steve Wyche is expecting Harry Douglas to have a huge game. I guess he sees Mularkey doing some trickery and pulling stuff out of his hat that he hasn't showed yet. Hopefully it's true.

Wouldn't be surprised. I'm guessing they'll have Woodson around Gonzo and probably locking Tramon up with Roddy. Those are two tough matchups, and Jenkins certainly isn't going to make big plays.

I'm nervous, but still confident. Tomorrow's going to be a long ass day. 24 hours from now we will know our fate.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wouldn't be surprised. I'm guessing they'll have Woodson around Gonzo and probably locking Tramon up with Roddy. Those are two tough matchups, and Jenkins certainly isn't going to make big plays.

I'm nervous, but still confident. Tomorrow's going to be a long ass day. 24 hours from now we will know our fate.
Agree with the bold. For some reason I have a bad feeling, but as the same time I have full confidence in this team.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 06:29 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Not to take away from the Packers because they are very talented, but the bad feeling probably comes from not seeing us take down someone last week. We'll be fresh now though.

I'm looking forward to it because I'm pretty certain these two things are going to happen:

1. Our first or second drive will be the "sugar offense" in which we no huddle, Ryan makes his checks and we'll score a touchdown.

2. And our defense is going to be absolutely flying to the football, multiple people in on every tackle, ala the Saints game.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:08 PM    (permalink
TheFalconsFan
Rookie

TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.

I hate that we went into our spread offense aginst Carolina in week 17, I think that we
were showing our hand and we could have saved that for the playoffs which I think will be
a main key for our success in the playoffs of how many times we go in to our spread or
our basic package.

with teams knowing that we are a high powered offense teams will try to limit our offensive
possession and keep Matt off the field, so we are going to need to execute on every red
zone opportunity that we have.
TheFalconsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:08 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not to take away from the Packers because they are very talented, but the bad feeling probably comes from not seeing us take down someone last week. We'll be fresh now though.

I'm looking forward to it because I'm pretty certain these two things are going to happen:

1. Our first or second drive will be the "sugar offense" in which we no huddle, Ryan makes his checks and we'll score a touchdown.

2. And our defense is going to be absolutely flying to the football, multiple people in on every tackle, ala the Saints game.
Yeah. People don't give the Falcons defense enough credit. They held the explosive Saints and Packers offense to 17 points in the dome. The defense is a fast bunch and BVG has been dialing up some very effective blitzes as of late. With the extra preparation time, I hope he comes with a great gameplan once again.

Also on offense, I hope to see more involvement of Harry Douglass and more use of the no huddle offense. Harry Douglass is hardly going to be gameplanned against, but he has the talent to explode on any given Sunday (remember Vs.CAR in 08?). Also, it seems as if we haven't been using the no huddle too much as of late. I think we see it busted out at crucial times today.

T-Minutes 7 hours. The anticipation!

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:56 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFalconsFan View Post
I hate that we went into our spread offense aginst Carolina in week 17, I think that we
were showing our hand and we could have saved that for the playoffs
Disagree. Let teams game plan for us being a spread team and a power run/PA team. The key is going to be how Mularkey uses all of his formations for mismatches today and what we've got in the no huddle. We haven't seen a Mularkey gadget in a while either... I don't think we will, but something going down (even if it's an end around to Douglas/Weems) wouldn't surprise me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Yeah. People don't give the Falcons defense enough credit. They held the explosive Saints and Packers offense to 17 points in the dome. The defense is a fast bunch and BVG has been dialing up some very effective blitzes as of late. With the extra preparation time, I hope he comes with a great gameplan once again.

We're going to surprise some people today with how we attack the football on D.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I see Eric Weems blowing up more-so then Harry Douglas. I don't think we have used him enough on offense this year.

6 hours left. Oh god.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-15-2011, 01:30 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Seems to me this game is all set up for a major blowout. Every time the media boasts about 1 team like they have about the Packers, they just come out flat. Atlanta is a team I think a lot of people overlook, they play a boring brand of football.

Atlanta has stopped much better backs than Starks this year, I don't see why everyone thinks he's some miracle back for the Packers. He didn't show anything special to me, against a Philly team who isn't strong against the run, and was missing their middle linebacker, who is extremely underrated.

I think that Clay Matthews could be a major problem today for the Falcons though. Seems like a guy with his long arms, and high speed can give a Tackle like Baker a lot of problems. I also think that beyond Matthews, and Woodson, the Packers have some amazing defensive players no one talks about. Cullen Jenkins, the man is a beast, played most of the season with a club on his hand and still raked in the sacks. Williams is a great young CB that no one has really heard much from, and they have Nick Collins who's a huge playmaker at the safety position. In short, they have playmakers at every level of the defense and Atlanta is going to have to have some more 'unknown' players show up to keep this defense on it's heels.

My Prediction:
Atlanta 34 Green Bay 17
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:39 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dark_knight View Post
Seems to me this game is all set up for a major blowout. Every time the media boasts about 1 team like they have about the Packers, they just come out flat. Atlanta is a team I think a lot of people overlook, they play a boring brand of football.

Atlanta has stopped much better backs than Starks this year, I don't see why everyone thinks he's some miracle back for the Packers. He didn't show anything special to me, against a Philly team who isn't strong against the run, and was missing their middle linebacker, who is extremely underrated.

I think that Clay Matthews could be a major problem today for the Falcons though. Seems like a guy with his long arms, and high speed can give a Tackle like Baker a lot of problems. I also think that beyond Matthews, and Woodson, the Packers have some amazing defensive players no one talks about. Cullen Jenkins, the man is a beast, played most of the season with a club on his hand and still raked in the sacks. Williams is a great young CB that no one has really heard much from, and they have Nick Collins who's a huge playmaker at the safety position. In short, they have playmakers at every level of the defense and Atlanta is going to have to have some more 'unknown' players show up to keep this defense on it's heels.

My Prediction:
Atlanta 34 Green Bay 17
That is definitely a good point. If all this Packers talk has the Falcons players pissed, then maybe it also lured the Packers players into a false sense of security.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:14 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good luck Falcons fans, should be a great one.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:21 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
That is definitely a good point. If all this Packers talk has the Falcons players pissed, then maybe it also lured the Packers players into a false sense of security.

wishful thinking on the fans part. Players, coaches for any team make sure the media crap is left out of the locker room. Packers players have been quoted as saying they feel they are the underdogs(they are the 6th seed). Both teams are using their own ways for a little extra motivation. Should be a good game.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
wishful thinking on the fans part. Players, coaches for any team make sure the media crap is left out of the locker room. Packers players have been quoted as saying they feel they are the underdogs(they are the 6th seed). Both teams are using their own ways for a little extra motivation. Should be a good game.
You wish this were true.

They have ESPN, Twitter, and no coach is stopping that. Not saying the Packers will come out flat, but it's a trend I've noticed. The Saints were a 14 point favorite, and they sucked. The Jets were supposed to be better than the Patriots a few weeks back and New England beat them like red-headed step children.
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Final prediction: 24-20 in our favor. I'm nervous, yet I remain confident. I can tell you guys I will be raging big time today.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

man I'm real nervous for this one. I will have a very bitter feeling for a long time if we lose.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-15-2011, 05:55 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Getting close gentlemen...
Old 01-15-2011, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Getting close gentlemen...

I'll be watching it with my die-hard Packer Uncle... wish me luck.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 06:14 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I'll be watching it with my die-hard Packer Uncle... wish me luck.

I could have chilled with some friends and gotten hella ****** up before this game and dealt with the banter. But I wanted full focus on the game.

And nothing to do with the game, but just a cool quote from TD.

"I've always been fascinated with athleticism and movement," Dimitroff said. "We're looking for what I call 'urgent athleticism.' Not just a smooth, gliding, flowing athlete. I'm not evaluating ballet dancers. I'm evaluating football players. I want urgent athleticism. That's explosiveness. That's stopping and starting, the ability to redirect."