Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-24-2007, 11:56 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Grade your teams offseason

How do you think your team has fared?

49ers

FA's

Nate Clements, CB (Bills)

Nate Clements got an "80 million" dollar contract. I get to see a lot of bills games but i never really zeroed in on clements until the latter part of this season. He played very well against talent like andre johnson and marvin harrison. That being said, according to numerous posters he has been very rocky over the past couple of years is a "on and off" type. So we will see with this signing.

Michael Lewis, SS (Eagles)

Michael Lewis played very bad last year but he did go to a pro bowl so hopefully he can regain that form. As well his contract is full of ungaraunteed roster bonuses only so there should be no cap hit if he plays terrible and is cut at any point of his contract.

Aurbrayo Franklin, NT (Ravens)

Truth be told i dont know a lot about this guy. But hes a true NT and thats something we needed. Hes the starter but he will likely be used in a rotation.

Tully Banta-Cain, OLB (Patriots)

I certainly hope there is some untapped talent in him. He was stuck in the dept chart behind willie mcciginest and rosevelt colvin, so its not like he had to beat out nobodies. Wasnt great in PT but he showed some pass rushing capabilities and hopefully he brings it to the bay.

Ashley Lelie, WR (Falcons)

I'm not a huge fan but he is pretty good at YPC and signed a very cheap deal. Hopefully he has a chip on his shoulder and can produce.

Colby Bockwoldt, LB (Titans)

I dont know anything about him. Was a 7th round pick from NO that got to start a few games so hopefully that bodes well for us. Main reason he came was because he knew our ST coach Al Everest from his playing days in New Orleans. Likely a ST ace but could be used in rotational packages.

That was pretty much it for FA's. But there was a lot more that happened. The 49ers had to replace their OC (Norv Turner) DC (Billy Davis) and ST coach (Larry Mac Duff). They replaced OC Turner with Jim Hostler, Alex Smith's QB Coach. Definitely a downgrade and unproven. Greg Manusky replaced DC Davis. I really like manusky. He was the LB coach in San Diego and produced great LB play from the likes of merriman, edwards, phillips, and foley, who all blossomed under his coaching. Also, he was going to be a DC this offseason. Phillips wanted him in Dallas, and AJ Smith wanted him in San Diego. This tells me he was a rising star in the coaching ranks and im excited to see what he brings. I heard Everest had a pretty decent ST in New Orleans and helped Michael Lewis in returns there, so hopefully he brings it here as well.

I like the additions the 49ers have made. Weve lost some players like TE Eric Johnson, but with davis johnson wasnt going to get a chance to start. I also really wanted adalius but he did not want to be in SF because it was in the west coast (read it in a peter king article) and he did not want to be away from his family in the east coast. So we did the best we could in the situation. We also lost Antonio Bryant but his off the field problems were just too big. I dont think he has even been contacted by any other teams and it isnt because of any talent issues. He would be on his 3rd team in 3 years if he signed with someone else, and 4th team overall in his young career.

Overall i would grade it a B.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Frank Walker, CB
Corner from the Giants comes over to compete for the nickle spot. I guess he stuggled in the nickle roll there, so I'm not too excited about him. I would rather see one of our drafted guys, Blackmon or Underwood, get that spot but we'll see. Not much invested in him and he's still young so not a bad pick up but we'll see.

Yeah, that's it.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Navarre-QB

The greatest of the great, Navarre should be competing with future Hall of Famer Jim Sorgi for the great role as "backup to Manning" i.e. that guy.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:10 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like what the 9ers did. I give them an A.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:14 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vinny Chircu
Shiancoe
Bobby Wade

Uhh F maybe D-

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lions

FA

Dwayne White
Shaun McDonald
TJ Duckett
Edwin Mulitalo
Zach Pillar
Travis Fisher

Trades
Dre Bry
for
George Foster
Tatum Bell

This off-season gave us much better depth players then we had in previous seasons. Basically we sign FA's on whether or not they connections to our coaches. This is only half of the off-season but I would have to give the Lions an A- to B+ right now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:18 AM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants-

Released-

Lavar Aarington- understandable
Carlos Emmons- glad to see him gone
Luke Pettigout- I think this was a mistake...

Trades

we traded Tim Carter for Rueben Droughns. good trade for us.

and thats it.

Overall i would say a C-. I like the trade, but I think we needed to get some free agents for depth. there were plenty of guys who got signed very cheaply who would have been great on the GEEEEE MEN
Old 03-25-2007, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Frank Walker, CB
Corner from the Giants comes over to compete for the nickle spot. I guess he stuggled in the nickle roll there, so I'm not too excited about him. I would rather see one of our drafted guys, Blackmon or Underwood, get that spot but we'll see. Not much invested in him and he's still young so not a bad pick up but we'll see.

Yeah, that's it.
Might as well add Brett Favre returning, which pretty much puts us at an A.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:20 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Until the draft comes, so far I have to give the Ravens a C-. They lost guys like A.D., Jamal Lewis, Aubrayo Franklin, Tony Pathos and the status of Jon Ogden is still undetermined. The only positives are the McGahee tradee, which I say they gave up too much, and re-signing Jarrett Johnson and Musa Smith. I think that come draft day things will be shaken up and we'll get a better view of what this season has in store but until that happens I give them the C-.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tampa

Pickups

Jake Plummer
Jeff Garcia, QB
Kevin Carter, DE/DT
Patrick Chukwurah, DE/LB
Luke Petitgout, LT
Cato June, OLB,
Sammy Davis, CB
Lance Legree, DT

The Buccaneers certainly brought in some interesting players with interesting signing bonuses. Whilst the pickups of guys like Carter on hefty deals might be frowned upon, the deal does not in fact have any bonuses what so ever. Petitgout himself is only receiving 3 million in guaretees.

With Petitgout you get yourself a solid starter at LT and a definite upgrade. Garcia/Plummer give the Bucs healthy competition going into TC which was a must. Carter and Chukwurah add some depth to the D-Line which was at times pitiful last year. And Cato June is a player who is an ideal fit for our defense and should thrive.

Overall Grade: A-

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 01:14 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Signed:

QB Josh Booty (LSU)
RB Dominic Rhodes (Colts)
FB Justin Griffith (Falcons)
TE Tony Stewart (Bengals)
OL/TE Fred Wakefield (Cardinals)
C Jeremy Newberry (49ers)
LB Charlton Keith (Browns)
DB B.J Ward (Ravens)

Re-Signed:

RB Adimchinobe Echemandu
RB DeJuan Green
RB ReShard Lee
WR Alvis Whitted
TE James Adkisson
OT Chad Slaughter
DL Tommy Kelly
DT Anttaj Hawthorne
DT Terdell Sands
LB Isaiah Ekejiuba

overall B. Didnt get Garcia. If we get rid of moss it would be a B+ or a A-

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 01:29 AM    (permalink
frisby213
Rookie

frisby213 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Colts: B

they didn't lose anyone that important, at least not irreplaceable, and signed back some role players, as well as made the right move in franchising freeney. definitely could be better, but in no way was disastrous as pats fans like to claim it was, and in some ways may have pulled the ol' "addition by subtraction," as now talents like marlin jackson, kelvin hayden, and freddie keiaho will get more playing time. personally, i see them all doing better this year than the starters in front of them last year.
frisby213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 02:25 AM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Titans

Added :
CB Nick Harper (Colts) - the team's top acquisition...the only starter of the group.
WR Justin Gage (Bears) - a low-risk need signing. Gage gives the Titans a total of five WR's on the roster....still a big need, here.
LB Ryan Fowler - Who? The Titans are giving starter money to a backup MLB guy with good ST skills. Don't worry....I don't understand it, either.
S Bryan Scott - Veteran depth at safety...not expecting much, but Scott could spell the end of Lamont Thompson in Tennessee. (Finally!)

All in all, a very underwhelming crop of FA's; at least the Titans didn't do anything to adversely affect the salary cap five years from now.

Lost:
WR Drew Bennett - a good #2, but a lousy #1
RB Travis Henry - a solid RB, but he's one toke away from a year-long suspension
WR Bobby Wade - a decent slot/#3 WR, but little more....are the Vikings high?
RB Chris Brown - a versatile, well-rounded big play threat, but constantly hurt
OG Zach Piller - No loss here. Titans rushing average with Piller: 2.9 ypc...without Piller: 4.5 ypc
CB Pacman Jones (TBD)

Individually, none of the Titans' losses have been too catastrophic. However, Henry, Bennett, and Wade represent the team's top RB and top two WR's....50% of the Titans' offensive output in 2006. The team obviously expects younger players (Lendale White, Brandon Jones) to step up in their absence, but they've basically mortgaged their future on these young, relatively unproven players.....always a crap shoot.

At the moment, the biggest question by far is the future of Pacman Jones, who really is the most talented and accomplished player on the roster. With Jones, the Titans could potentially make a run at a postseason berth. Without him, they could easily end up with a top 5 pick in '08. He's that important.

The offseason ain't over yet....not by a longshot.....but from what we've seen so far, the Titans have improved themselves at one position (CB), stood pat at two positions (LB, S), and lost significant ground in two areas (WR, RB).

Overall, I'm giving the Titans a D+.
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 02:36 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Coach:
Wade Phillips

New Offensive Coordinator:
Jason Garrett

New Defensive Coordinator:
Brain Stewart

Players Released:
QB Drew Bledsoe
OT Jason Fabini
TE Ryan Hannam

Players Lost:
DE Kenyon Coleman
LB Ryan Fowler
C Al Johnson

Unsigned Restricted FAs:
WR Patrick Crayton (tendered contract)
DE Junior Glymph

Players Signed:
C Andre Gurode
FS Ken Hamlin
OT Marc Colombo
OG Leonard Davis
K Martin Gramatica
QB Brad Johnson
OG Jim Molinaro

Considering the FA Market of available players I have decided to give the Cowboys the grade of a solid A.

The players that we released, needed to be released. The players that we lost did not cut the rug from under us. It did not leave us in a state of chaos and scrambling. The players that we acquired as a whole have to be considered a huge success.

Coaching - I'm excited about the coaching staff that has been assembled. I was a huge supporter of Mike Singletary and would've preferred him over Phillips, but Phillips is a good second option. Jerry went the safer route and I don't blame him. It's going to be interesting to see Jason Garrett unleashed and I'm very happy with Brian Stewart. I was afraid Todd Bowles was going to be DC for a minute there.

On Offense:
Needs - C, OG, RT, Backup QB, K, FB

C - Resigning Andre Gurode prior to the start of FA turned out to be a very smart move. Hats off to Jerry for getting the job done and not letting Gurode hit the market. He would've commanded a lot more once he saw the money being thrown out there.

OG - We were REALLY in a state of panic for a while with the whole FA Guard market. The good guards were flying off the shelves the minute FA started. Steinbach and Dockery never left their first visit and Deilman didn't even walk out his front door. Getting Davis was imperative and we got a guy who wanted to play for us. I love the signing more than the Kosier signing last year. Things should work out great.

Backup QB - To be honest, I never thought we even had a shot with Brad Johnson. The guy is a true winner and I was happily suprised that we were able to reel him in. So much better than the Joey Harrington, Shaun King, Tim Rattay names out there.

RT - Columbo left us biting our fingernails, but in the end, we got our guy at the perfect price.

K - It would've been nice to have Josh Brown, but Seattle wasn't about to let him go. ...and understandably so. Compared to the rest of the kickers out there, I think Gramatica gives us just as good a chance.

OG - Jim Molinaro is a decent depth signing.

Defense
Needs: NT, FS or CB, future OLB, DE depth, ILB depth

FS - Ken "The Hammer" Hamlin. 1 year, 2.5M. Wow. Even for a rental that's a damn good price. I'm excited about our experience in the secondary. Heck, all of a sudden depth is really nice too! Pat Watkins, Keith Davis and Abram Elam are much better coming off the bench. If this works out, Jerry has already said that he plans on making this a long term committment similar to Gurode's situation last year.

NT has been our #1 need since the offseason began. Unfortunately, this year's FA crop did not yeild anything worth reaping. Because of that and their decision not to just sign anything or anyone, I like how they stood still.

DE - I wish we would've brought back Kenyon Coleman or added another veteran presence. We have enough youth between Spears, Canty and Hatcher. Adding another DE through the draft is not the greatest idea.

OLB - Greg Ellis is old and our defense lost a step when he got injured. A future replacement is needed. I don't necessarily feel that it needed to be addressed in FA though.

With all of these additions, I have to be happy. There's not one signing that I'm scratching my head about. This prepares us to be as aggressive or as passive as we want heading into the draft.

Draft Needs: NT, future WR, CB depth, future OLB, ILB depth, FB
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 02:50 AM    (permalink
dhoe20
Rookie

dhoe20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Frank Walker, CB
Walker's horrible. Swear to god, people always talk about how Kiwanuka let go of Vince Young, but earlier VY ran the ball when it was 4th down, didn't make it but he got out of bounds...then Frank Walker hits him. Take away that play and we shut out the Titans. Then again against the Texans he almost cost us the game there too. It was 4th down and the Texans don't make it, but at the end of the play he decides to ******* run over a damn offensive lineman. Then a couple plays later Carr gets the TD...
dhoe20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:00 AM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

B+ for the Jets.

We added some decent role players and refused to overpay for anyone.

Thomas Jones in NICE trade and a favorable contract.
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:34 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

B for the Chargers.

Got rid of the Schotty curse, got unproven Norv instead. Probably a negative, but at least we have a chance in the playoffs.

Re-signed Lorenzo Neal, Shaun Phillips and Kris Dielman (and some other role players): excellent.

That's it... until we end up with Mike Brown. You heard it here first!
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Falcons:

Signed:

Joe Horn, WR (Should bring veteran leadership to this team and become a consistent pass catcher for Michael Vick)

Ovie Mughelli, FB (A big, bruising, 250-pound FB who will make those holes for our playmakers. Was 2nd-team all pro behind only Lorenzo Neal)

Lewis Sanders, CB (The 6-year vet will compete for the teams nickleback spot and is an upgrade over Allen Rossum in coverage)

Toniu Fonoti, OG (After an incredible 1st year with the Chargers, this journeyman offensive lineman battled problems with injuries and weight issue, one time being close to 400 pounds. If he can produce, great pickup, as he doesn't cost us anything, if not, oh well, we can release him)

Marcus Wilkins, DB (Special teams beast will replace Ike Reese and has a shot at making the pro-bowl here, nice pick-up)

Chris Redman, QB (Vet-QB will back up Michael Vick, had one good year with the Ravens then went seemingly un-noticed for the rest of his career)

Released:

Patrick Kerney, DE (Was expected to come up big last season across from John Abraham, instead, was injured most of the year. Will miss his leadership but can be replaced)

Justin Griffith, FB (Was a great asset to the team, but we were interested in a bigger fullback to help our goal-line situations, where Griffith struggled)

Matt Lehr, OG (Struggled to keep his ground and was consistently pushed around, even on the juice, will not be missed)

Ashley Lelie, WR (Was supposed to be the big, deep-threat this team was looking for. Instead, had a case of the dropsies and couldn't keep his footing)

Ed Hartwell, LB (Very disappointing signing, was supposed to be the big, run stopping LB we were looking for coming for the Ravens, instead battled injuries through-out his tenure here and was out-played by DeMorrio Williams)

Ike Reese, LB (Was not much other than a special teamer, where he played fine, easily replaced by Wilkins)

Traded:

Matt Schaub, QB (Was the back-up to the inconsistent Michael Vick. Was a risk to trade, but I feel the Falcons got the best of this one. Swapping 1st rounders with the Texans, while also picking up 2 2nd rounders, including one for this season, and one for 2008)

Overall:

Loved this offseason for Atlanta, picking up extra draft picks while doing what we had to do to improve this team. If we do nicely in the draft, will be perfect. But for now, I still consider it a good one.

Rating: B+

Last edited by Draft King : 03-25-2007 at 12:23 PM.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am very pleased with Millen's offseason for Detroit (shockingly):

They didn't play into the bidding wat for London Fletcher or Kevin Curtis. I'd rather not have them if it mean overpaying for them.

Dewayne White is a good signing. We got a CB in Travis Fisher for depth. Mulitalo is a good starter on the offensive line. Trading Hall for a draft pick is better than cutting him outright. Getting Foster and Bell for Bly adds two helpful players for a guy who didn't want to be here. McDonald gives us a better 3rd receiver option.

We didn't lose any significant contributors in free agency (except for Terrance Holt who was a fringe starter anyways).

And if Millen can pull off a deal down from 2 (as he very well should be able to) then we will have a very good draft too.

I give it an A-
Old 03-25-2007, 12:34 PM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Bears
SO far F-
didn't want to pay our super bowl coach.
traded our proven rb and our second rounder for a second rounder
our pro bowl lb hates us
no real important fa signings, so this off season has been terrible
Old 03-25-2007, 12:37 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Patriots

A-

im not satisfied with giving up a 2nd rounder for Welker..an average returnman andgood slot. so it goes from A + to A- because we gave up a 2
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:38 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioState View Post
Bears
SO far F-
didn't want to pay our super bowl coach.
traded our proven rb and our second rounder for a second rounder
our pro bowl lb hates us
no real important fa signings, so this off season has been terrible
Get a clue.

We DID pay our Superbowl coach, so everything prior to that is irrelivant.

We HAD to trade Thomas Jones, and considering the market got good value for him.

"Our pro bowl lb hates us"- What are you five years old? Who cares? This isn't a tea party. He's still contractually on the team, would have been smarter to let him go for nothing?

What important signings would you suggest we make? We don't need to add starters, and with this market it would have been stupid to pay millions of dollars to overrated people that we don't need. The starter that we did add, we got for a paultry 6th round pick and a relatively small contract.

Go back to getting your analysis from Saun Salisbury and friends. It's Bears fans like you that make me glad I left the official board.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 03-25-2007 at 12:40 PM.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:38 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

I dont think it's fair to judge the Packer's offseason yet, TT is known as being a draft god and that is where he builds his team.......im going too wait till april 30th to judge the packers offseason
Old 03-25-2007, 12:41 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpackers0065 View Post
I dont think it's fair to judge the Packer's offseason yet, TT is known as being a draft god and that is where he builds his team.......im going too wait till april 30th to judge the packers offseason
I really like TT, but "draft god"?? I think the Packers need to..oh I dunno..win somes games before he's put in the upper eschelon of GM's.

He did a nice job in Seattle, but he never had full control and was never the final decision maker.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

YAY we got an oline....wait....we lost our defence....dam i guess my 78th birthday was the peak for me....****

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote