Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-17-2010, 09:44 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thought it was an awesome episode... and I honestly thought the whole mission was going to be a set-up to try and get him to flash so the ending kicked all kinds of ass by not being that!

It's totally cheesy but you can totally tell that Chuck is going to rediscover the intersect through his love of Sarah not through fear or proving her wrong or anything! I'd be surprised if that is not how it goes down.

Summer looked so hot in this episode, like hotter than ever which is pretty impressive effort!

Agree that Jeffster are going to stumble upon the secrets

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:04 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
It's totally cheesy but you can totally tell that Chuck is going to rediscover the intersect through his love of Sarah not through fear or proving her wrong or anything! I'd be surprised if that is not how it goes down.
Thought this through the whole episode...I am expecting a situation where Sarah is in danger and Chuck flashes to save her. It makes sense and in all honesty should be what happens even though it is hella cheesy.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:07 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
Thought this through the whole episode...I am expecting a situation where Sarah is in danger and Chuck flashes to save her. It makes sense and in all honesty should be what happens even though it is hella cheesy.
yeah they are pretty much setting it up that this is the only answer. Its like Goku becoming a super saiyan ;). But seriously it should make Sarah plenty hot for chuckie ;).

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This episode is pushing me from six to midnight.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:47 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved this episode. Sarah was pure badassery from start the finish and she is so gorgeous it's unreal.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 01:21 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome episode again, Chuck has got it back that's for sure! Not that it ever really fell that far but you know what I mean...

That pouring water on herself scene was smoking hot awesome.

Wonder if Chuck is done flashing or what? Anyone else get the feeling that maybe the computer for Ellie is going to start her and/or awesome flashing? That would be a neat twist!

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 11-24-2010, 07:07 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Awesome episode again, Chuck has got it back that's for sure! Not that it ever really fell that far but you know what I mean...

That pouring water on herself scene was smoking hot awesome.

Wonder if Chuck is done flashing or what? Anyone else get the feeling that maybe the computer for Ellie is going to start her and/or awesome flashing? That would be a neat twist!
Ellie flashing would be hilarious. Could you imagine her being pregnant and flashing kung fu on someone?
Old 11-24-2010, 02:43 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it's an intersect. I'm not sure what she saw, but I doubt their dad would put an intersect in his daughter when he saw how it messed with Chuck.

I AM curious as to what it is though.

Old 11-24-2010, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I don't think it's an intersect. I'm not sure what she saw, but I doubt their dad would put an intersect in his daughter when he saw how it messed with Chuck.

I AM curious as to what it is though.
Yeah I doubt it too. Still, it better be good considering the cliff hanger was pretty weak.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:22 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Well huh. I guess we were wrong on that one weren't we?

Solid episode, not the best (that was last week) but I liked it. No more Chuck until January 17th :( fml :(

Old 11-29-2010, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:

Solid episode, not the best (that was last week) but I liked it. No more Chuck until January 17th :( fml :(
Indeed. The best part was Morgan going Die Hard. Awesome.

THINK MORGAN, THINK!
Old 11-30-2010, 01:42 AM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Thats the thing though. Orion thought she could fix that brain problem, and Ellie did. He gave her enough access to the information to do that. Then the second password was just for Chuck, so he knew that Ellie would eventually have to give it to Chuck, hence him getting the intersect back and now without any of the brain troubles.

Damn... no more Chuck? I'm gonna go crazy I think.
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:45 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Hooray, Chuck jumped from a 1.7 to a 2.0. Not much competition, but that looks a lot more impressive to NBC.

Old 11-30-2010, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Here is to hoping they realize it's one of the few good shows they have left right now and stick with it for a while.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was a pretty weird episode. The music kept throwing me off. Good to see Chuck and the intersect going again, Im still curious as to what it was Ellie was supposed to figure out or how that plays into the long term plans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I kind of wish they would have thrown in a new wrinkle with the intersect. Maybe some kind of new power or ability. Maybe they will in a future episode.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:06 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I think Ellie is going to do something to help improve the intersect, which is why she was shown the headscans. Maybe she'll figure out how to make it faster, or better, or be able to hold more information, something like that.

Old 11-30-2010, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Ellie is going to do something to help improve the intersect, which is why she was shown the headscans. Maybe she'll figure out how to make it faster, or better, or be able to hold more information, something like that.
Or maybe thats exactly what she did last week without knowing at all?

Oh, and yeah, I only found out this thread existed now, that sucks lol. This show's soundtrack is probably my favourite out there right now (not the score of the show, some of that stuff is completely misplaced sometimes lol).

Last edited by Vox Populi : 11-30-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:01 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Solid episode, sort of closes the current path of the story but completely opens it up, if that makes any sense...

I'm intrigued whether Ellie has already solved the problem and that will be it or if that is going to become a bigger part. I can see both sides that she is now involved or that she fixed it and that is when the second question appears... I kind of hope for a bit of intrigue rather than that being it.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 12-01-2010, 01:47 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt ellie's part gets much bigger because she's about to drop a rugrat and really, how's she going to be doing anything with a baby on the way/around.

I think the laptop might see itself fade into oblivion without any real explanation, as to how effective the new intersect is who knows.

I think what we saw here in the last episode was a bridge that the writers wrote because this will be a 24 episode season.

If it wasn't picked up or isn't re-newed they needed an out and having chuck lose the intersect would've been an easy way to end the series.

Given there's a further 14 episodes (I think) coming in a month or so they need another complete arc, which is why they brought back Volkov and mumzy.

Something I was going to add too, did anyone else notice the die hard references, Morgan in the vent with no shoes in a wife beater, the gun taped to his back the whole "yippie-kie-yay".

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:17 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Something I was going to add too, did anyone else notice the die hard references, Morgan in the vent with no shoes in a wife beater, the gun taped to his back the whole "yippie-kie-yay".
A lot of the recent episodes have had consistent movie references, tempted to go back and watch old episodes to look if it is a new trend or what.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 12-03-2010, 02:29 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

It's definitely NOT a new trend. I read a blog by Alan Sepinwall (the tv critic who wrote an open letter to NBC on the reasons that Chuck should be renewed) and at the end of every blog he has all of the pop culture references that he can spot.

If you're interested in checking out his blog (he covers every Chuck episode), here is a link:

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching

If he still has his open letter hosted, you should read it. It's really good.

Last edited by vidae : 12-03-2010 at 02:33 AM.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:38 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

OMGSSSSS new Chuck tonight (Monday)! :D

Old 01-17-2011, 12:40 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Meh... Chuck needs to get with Australia time because it's already the 17th here and I'm impatient and want a Chuck fix...

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 01-17-2011, 09:43 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I thought it was a great episode. I loved every bit of it, especially Yvonne.. she is consistently amazing as an actor and it goes largely unnoticed.

Just one thing.. TWO WORDS! That is all he had to get out.. two gd words! I'm a shipper, that isn't a secret.. two gd words. Damn you! It better be even better when it happens.

So glad Chuck is back.