Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > AFC North Division Forum

AFC North Division Forum Discuss the AFC North

View Poll Results: Who had the best draft
Cleveland Brown 16 30.77%
Cincinnati Bengals 11 21.15%
Baltimore Ravens 23 44.23%
Pittsburgh Steelers 2 3.85%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-17-2011, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
Well now that for the most part the season is over. I can look back at the whole season and make a judgement here.

I am a Ravens fan through and through but I have to say this year... it was the Steelers that had the best draft. Pouncey, is a starter at center a very difficult position in the NFL to play period and the two WR's they brought in were bright spots as well.
Yeah, after one year, it could be Pittsburgh, though it's very, very close with Cleveland. I'll go Pitt due to being a fan and the playoff impact of these guys, though.

My take on things:

Steelers
Pouncey was a wonderful sight for sore eyes, and Sanders and Antonio Brown are two big reasons why we beat the Ravens.

They combined for 7 catches for 129 catches, including the 58 yard bomb on 3-19 late in the 4th.

Sanders also had his role expand as the season advanced, surpassing Randle El for the #3 spot, and Brown was our returner for the majority of the season. Brown also appears to have passed Randle El for the #4 spot.

Jason Worilds looked promising in the few plays he got at OLB, including at least two QB pressures/hurries and 2 sacks. Couple of ST tackles too.

Thaddeus Gibson was the last LB on our depth chart, and was released when we needed space to sign a defensive lineman. He was signed by San Fran but didn't to anything.

Chris Scott was injured and didn't participate much, if anything, in training camp. The team, however, didn't place him on the IR and put him on the 53 man roster after coming off the PUP list, meaning that he could be a solid swing tackle, or backup offensive lineman. I can't say he played well or sucked, as there is virtually nothing to base myself off.

Crezdon Butler was inactive for most, maybe all, games this season. He did make the 53 roster, and looked good in TC. He didn't have any impact this year though.

Stevenson Sylvester was a key component of our special teams unit, making several tackles and plays. Didn't play at LB though.

Dwyer arrived out of shape for TC and had issues early on, but ran well in the last two games and was only active vs. Cleveland.

Doug Worthington is no longer on the team.

End of year grade: B+

Found two guys I think will be future starters in Pouncey and Sanders, with four more guys that will be regular contributors in Worilds, Sylvester, Brown and Dwyer.

4 have already made an impact on the team.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:18 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no dog in this fight, but after looking at the whole season, and only looking at the rookies (not overall W-L records) I would rank them this way:

1. Cleveland - Haden, Ward and McCoy were solid contributors
3. Pittsburgh - Pouncey was a beast. Brown and Sanders contributed some. But that's all that sticks out for me. (I do think Worilds and Sylvester will eventually become beasts, though)
3. Cincinnati - Shipley, Dunlap, Gresham were solid contributors and Briscoe is no slouch either (so glad we got him)

4. Baltimore - Kindle was on IR, Cody got in there a bit and Dickson, too.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:06 PM    (permalink
OhioJB
Rookie

OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had to vote for my Browns. Hard to judge after only one season, but some of their draft picks have proven they were worth being picked where they were.

Joe Haden slow??? That's a funny one. All because the guy taking the 40 times at the Combine was screwing up. Haden did very well in coverage and is a willing tackler.

TJ Ward proved the Browns decision makers right and Mel Kiper, Jr. wrong. Although I want to see him play much better in pass coverage. Can't blame him too much, considering Ryan's defensive scheme didn't exactly suit him showing off any deep coverage skills he may have. Great tackler and hard-hitter.

Montarrio Hardesty obviously was injured during pre-season. Have to give him a couple years to see if he can stay healthy and play up to expectations. I did like the move up to draft him, however.

Colt McCoy bested most people's expectations for his rookie year. Browns potential starter for 2011 and beyond, but still has alot to prove.

Shaun Lauvoa was hurt early and didn't get much playing time. He was seriously being considered as the starter to start the season. Guys with more experience received most of the playing time. Might turn into a good RG but the jury is out.

Larry Asante was placed on the practice squad and eventually picked up by another team. Coverage skills were poor according to reports.

Carlton Mitchell will give us a better idea this year what he has to offer. WR is a tough position to learn in the league. Lack of experience combined with the focus on the running game, Mitchell didn't see the field much. Not sure if he got on the field with the offense but did see him on ST's.

Clifton Geathers didn't make the team. Was picked up by Miami and eventually released I believe. Not sure where he ended up after that.
OhioJB is offline   Reply With Quote