Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-24-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I love the pass interference changes that the 49ers are proposing.
I'm not, you can stop a touchdown and get a 15 yard penalty instead of a 40-60 yard spot penalty... not getting a 6 point penalty because you got burned and abused the rule already is enough.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
I'm not, you can stop a touchdown and get a 15 yard penalty instead of a 40-60 yard spot penalty... not getting a 6 point penalty because you got burned and abused the rule already is enough.
I didn't see the specifics of the rule they are trying to get, but isn't it 15 yards or something for incidental contact and it would still be a spot foul for normal contact?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
I didn't see the specifics of the rule they are trying to get, but isn't it 15 yards or something for incidental contact and it would still be a spot foul for normal contact?
yea, it's at the ref's discretion which one it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Wideout View Post
also what is the exact date the owners meeting starts, don't think they said in that article?
today through Wednesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:40 AM    (permalink
MartinD

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
The problem is that it isn't fair to say one team has to stop the other, without ever finding out whether the other team could make a stop. If your team deserves to lose because they couldn't make a stop, then so does your opponent. This is especially a problem in those 31-31 games where both offenses have been moving the ball at will all day. It's also pretty weak that the team only needs to get to the 35 yard line and kick a FG. Overtime is usually anti-climactic in the NFL. I'm not in favor of adopting the college format, but I think both teams should have to kick the ball off at least once. It would level the playing field, and make things much more interesting. The fact that the team to win the toss ends up winning the game 62% of the time is more than enough of a reason to change the format.
There was an experiment in NFL Europe a few years back where overtime was as per NFL rules, except that both teams had to have at least one possession in overtime - if the team that got the ball first scored, the other team at least got a chance to respond (and maybe win the game if the first team only kicked a field goal).

Martin
Old 03-25-2007, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually love the college system for OT. Despite what some think, I think it's an interesting concept that will add some excitement to the game.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote