Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-22-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
J52
Rookie

J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default DeAnthony Thomas...?

Anybody else completely unimpressed by him. On a relative basis, that is. He is top 5 on every recruiting site. Top 5 usually includes Adrian Petersons, Reggie Bushs, Beanie Wells, Devin Hesters, Dillon Baxter, Noel Devine, CJ Spiller etc. Dynamic superstars who had out of this world talent.

Watching his highlight tape, he isn't that fast. At all. He gets caught from behind multiple times in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hq1BrWdEeg

And at the one minute mark, his own teammate runs him down like Thomas was a tight end.

Same type of athlete, same school, same position, same ranking from last year. 50 second mark.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUUq1gD_t7w

Thomas and Baxter are on entire different levels.

Last edited by J52 : 01-23-2011 at 11:15 AM.
J52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:09 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

youre posting videos of Ray Lavender while youre talking about DeAnthony Thomas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:48 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He looked good at safety in the All American game, some guys are just football players.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:55 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks fast to me on film

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:44 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
The run at 1:19 is the most impressive to me, when he trucks the kid and he is right back up to top speed in a split second.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:19 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We all know he is the true definition of an ATH, but does he only play Defense/CB or does he play Offense/WR also at USC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:29 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
We all know he is the true definition of an ATH, but does he only play Defense/CB or does he play Offense/WR also at USC?
He has told people one of the biggest reasons he chose SC was because they were going to let him try it out at RB.

Obviously if he helps the team more at another position thats where he will be, but I wont mind it either way.

Quote:
Old 01-23-2011, 10:04 PM    (permalink
J52
Rookie

J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.J52 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

He's certainly a very talented kid. But he seems to be more like the handfuls of 4 stars out there rather then the number 1 skill position in the nation. At the 3 minute mark he gets ran down from behind and tackled by a guy who is a foot taller and 30 pounds bigger.

Impressive, but a far cry from the single best in the nation. Different position, but this is another guy that's number 1 at his position. This is number 1 looks like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTkmiBdoBDc
Old 01-23-2011, 10:40 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

I still wanna know why your posting videos of Ray Lavender.

Quote:
Old 01-31-2011, 04:11 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J52 View Post
Watching his highlight tape, he isn't that fast. At all. He gets caught from behind multiple times in this video:
It's football. Everybody gets caught from behind from time to time. If you're watching youtube videos and counting how often a guy gets caught from behind as your basis for how good a player he is, you're doing it wrong.

Kid is plenty fast as evidenced in your video and everywhere else you look:

http://ca.milesplit.com/athletes/405137

It's not elite speed that makes him one of the top prospects this year though.

It's how great a football player he is. Dude has the ability to play several positions at a high level. I like him at corner but he would be deadly at RB or WR as well. Great quickness, great hands, great feel for the game.

Cliff Harris isn't our fastest player but he's probably the most likely to score from anywhere on the field and might have the best range of any DB in the nation. Some guys just have it.

What it boils down to is that there are tons of football players who are just as fast as Thomas, so look elsewhere for clues as to why he is so highly coveted by the entire nation. Nobody gets 5 stars just for being fast.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:46 PM    (permalink
J52
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
It's football. Everybody gets caught from behind from time to time. If you're watching youtube videos and counting how often a guy gets caught from behind as your basis for how good a player he is, you're doing it wrong.

Kid is plenty fast as evidenced in your video and everywhere else you look:

http://ca.milesplit.com/athletes/405137

It's not elite speed that makes him one of the top prospects this year though.

It's how great a football player he is. Dude has the ability to play several positions at a high level. I like him at corner but he would be deadly at RB or WR as well. Great quickness, great hands, great feel for the game.

Cliff Harris isn't our fastest player but he's probably the most likely to score from anywhere on the field and might have the best range of any DB in the nation. Some guys just have it.

What it boils down to is that there are tons of football players who are just as fast as Thomas, so look elsewhere for clues as to why he is so highly coveted by the entire nation. Nobody gets 5 stars just for being fast.
Read the damn post. Yes, I acknowledged he's fast, yes he's good, ye's hes a top recruit. But he's not Percy Harvin, Adrian Peterson, Reggie Bush, Terrelle Pryor, Trent Richardson, Bryce Brown, Tedd Ginn, Devin Hester, Vince Young, Anquan Boldin special. And he is ranked the same as them. He is being placed, on all the recruiting sites, at the same echelon as all those guys. All of their films showed them obviously being the best athlete on the field by a long shot. Thomas is good, but he's a distant last compared to all of these guys as far as high school prospects go.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:30 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you guys think he will go to Oregon?
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:43 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyz View Post
Do you guys think he will go to Oregon?
No...

10 Chars

Quote:
Old 01-31-2011, 11:55 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
No...

10 Chars
I know it does not mean anything but I have heard some things and there are pictures with him in Oregon Gear. I know players where other teams gear but still it's something to think about until Wednesday.
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:57 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyz View Post
I know it does not mean anything but I have heard some things and there are pictures with him in Oregon Gear. I know players where other teams gear but still it's something to think about until Wednesday.
Hes not going anywhere, people close to him say he isnt going anywhere and wanted to make one last trip before the signing day. He has still yet to receive a scholarship offer from Oregon. He has been USC's biggest recruiter for the last several months so idk why he would bolt now.

Quote:
Old 02-02-2011, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Hes not going anywhere, people close to him say he isnt going anywhere and wanted to make one last trip before the signing day. He has still yet to receive a scholarship offer from Oregon. He has been USC's biggest recruiter for the last several months so idk why he would bolt now.
And......You lose. haha
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:45 PM    (permalink
OregonDucks
Rookie

OregonDucks is a cocksman.OregonDucks is a cocksman.OregonDucks is a cocksman.

Hahaha SickwithIt ''the expert''
OregonDucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:34 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This saying his big switcheroo from SC to Oregon dropped SC from the #1-ranked class.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com...sp?CID=1184626

Yeah right. Pure poppycock.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Thumbs up

As an SC fan it is a good move by DT going to Oregon for the simple fact that he wanted to be that all purpose back. Here at SC we wanted him at corner.He will be missed at USC but with the class Lane has brought in, it's just not that big of a deal.We filled our needs for this class.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote