Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-25-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Orleans Saints

Outside Free Agents Signed: Brian Simmons (LB), Kevin Kaesviharn (S), Eric Johnson (TE).
Own Players Re-signed: Scott Shanle (LB), Hollis Thomas (DT), Jonathan Stinchcomb (OT), Billy Miller (TE), Dejuan Groce (CB), Franchised Charles Grant (DE).
Players Lost: Joe Horn (WR), Ernie Conwell (TE), Danny Clark (LB), Terrence Melton (LB).

Saints are pretty much doing what I expected them to do in FA. Be wise with their cap money. Instead of overspending for 1 or 2 high profile FA's they've been looking for fiscally smart deals so they can sign a bunch of solid contributors, and re-sign their own players.

As of now 20/22 starters from last season are returning, and they've upgraded at TE, MLB, and added depth to the Safety spot. A huge negative that brings the overall grade down is that the Cornerback position has not been addressed yet.. which is by far the biggest need on the team.

Overall Grade: B
Old 03-25-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Get a clue.

We DID pay our Superbowl coach, so everything prior to that is irrelivant.

We HAD to trade Thomas Jones, and considering the market got good value for him.

"Our pro bowl lb hates us"- What are you five years old? Who cares? This isn't a tea party. He's still contractually on the team, would have been smarter to let him go for nothing?

What important signings would you suggest we make? We don't need to add starters, and with this market it would have been stupid to pay millions of dollars to overrated people that we don't need. The starter that we did add, we got for a paultry 6th round pick and a relatively small contract.

Go back to getting your analysis from Saun Salisbury and friends. It's Bears fans like you that make me glad I left the official board.
it is not irrelevent since the relationship with lovie was damaged and that it was such a public display of weakness and cheapness
I didn't say we didn't have to trade Jones i'm just saying that the mistakes that were made to piss him off were the bad part.
The fact that lance briggs is dissatisfied is also important because it shows that our front office is not doing the right things to get the best production out of its employees. I also never said we should let him go but maybe we should have looked into moving him since that relationship is irreprable. players do things against their contracts all of the time (like hold out or not play ala randy moss).
Also i didn't say that getting archuleta was a bad move just a temporary fix and not that effective and why not pay for people that you can afford? They should have brought someone in to challenge rex for the job too since griese didn't seem to be able to beat him out and that says a lot since rex was so horrrible.

Last edited by OhioState : 03-25-2007 at 02:31 PM.
OhioState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
Tampa

Pickups

Jake Plummer
Jeff Garcia, QB
Kevin Carter, DE/DT
Patrick Chukwurah, DE/LB
Luke Petitgout, LT
Cato June, OLB,
Sammy Davis, CB
Lance Legree, DT

The Buccaneers certainly brought in some interesting players with interesting signing bonuses. Whilst the pickups of guys like Carter on hefty deals might be frowned upon, the deal does not in fact have any bonuses what so ever. Petitgout himself is only receiving 3 million in guarantees.

With Petitgout you get yourself a solid starter at LT and a definite upgrade. Garcia/Plummer give the Bucs healthy competition going into TC which was a must. Carter and Chukwurah add some depth to the D-Line which was at times pitiful last year. And Cato June is a player who is an ideal fit for our defense and should thrive.

Overall Grade: A-
I would have to disagree with you.

Jake Plummer
- Won't even compete in training camp and until I hear anything about him getting traded or showing up this is very very bad.
Pros: WCO veteran: Trade bait?: Mobile QB
Cons: So far he's retired!: We are paying 3 Qb's starting $: We gave something for nothing.
Grade: D-

Jeff Garcia- On paper this signing looks flawless, Veteran, expert WCO signal caller, relatively cheap for his ability. The negatives are hidden within the roster. I believe he will not only inflate the Buc's amount of Wins but deter Chris Simm's progression that will be needed when or if Jon Gruden leaves.
Pros: Mentor Gradkowski?: Good spirit guy: Team Leader: Gets it done: Semi mobile

Cons: Aging: Gets it done but playoff liability?: Stopping Simms' progress?: Arm strength?
Grade: C+

Cato June- Another "flawless" signing. He fits the system(He was Dungy's Derrick Brooks), he is young, He signed for cheap. Once again look beyond the obvious. First of all due to our current players the positions he has grown accustomed to playing in are already filled with veterans(Nece) or legends(Brooks). The Strong Side LB is the least meaningful position in the Tampa 2 and the Buc's already have someone who fits that spot nicely. They did not sign a Brooks clone in order for him to play such a position. So not only do the Buc's have to find a position for him to play in he might have to wait a season or two before he plays Weak Side LB. There is a possibility that Brooks may be willing to move positions but I do not believe Kiffen(DC) would ask him to do something like that. It is also believed that if June outplays his contract it would be guaranteed that he would ask for an extension or more likely a completely new contract so throw the "cheap" contract out.
Pros: Fits system perfectly: Cheap: Versatile:
Cons: Poor tackler: Converted safety: Can he make up for his size with play?: Where will he play?

Grade: B

Sammy Davis- Nothing to say. He is a bust. We have two young corners in the wings named Zemaitis and Phillip Buchanan(P-Buc) and you can bet we will pick up more in the draft or next years draft. Ronde Barber, Juran Bolden and Brian Kelly are serviceable.
Grade: Training Camp fodder=F

Lance LeGree- Once again another signing that will probably amount to nothing. He won't make a difference and will struggle to make the roster.
Pros: Cheap: Project player: Depth?
Cons: TC fodder?: Never produced anywhere
Grade: C

Kevin Carter- An experienced veteran who can bring some leadership and experience to a soon to be very young D-Line. I don't question his ability(I question his speed) but I have to wonder about his work ethic. After the first year in his contract no money is guaranteed and the only reason he signed in Tampa is to stay if Florida(am I off base?). He has excelled in the 3-4 but can he play the same way in the 4-3. Does he play DE and DT or both?
Pros: Cheap: Experienced veteran: Play DE and DT?: Leader
Cons: Doesn't have the speed from earlier in career: Washed up?: Lazy?
Grade: A- (Even if he fails his cheapness to ability ratio is too large)

Luke Petitgout- He blocked for Tiki which is all I needed to hear.....Until I saw his injury history, penalty problems, and the size of his contract. He has a high risk/high reward contract. IF he performs to his contract and ability he will be a bargain but if not we are stuck with an unfriendly cap hit. He was had a broken leg and back injuries both of which are very bad to have when you are an offensive lineman. He is 30 years old and turns 31 this June so for most O-Lineman his prime should be around the corner.
Pros: Mean streak: Versatile: Leader?: Good all-around player
Cons: Drive killing penalties: Injury history:

Grade: B-

Patrick Chukwurah- He signed for the cheapest of cheap(5 yr $5.5 Million) so no matter had bad or good he does I don't care. He will be a situational 3rd down pass-rusher and blitzer. Good for depth.
Pros: Cheap: Entering prime: Good pass-rusher
Cons: Journeyman: Never really produced anywhere: tweener which doesn't work in Tampa 2
Grade: A

Overall Grade- C
We paid for experience and depth. We got versatility and depth for both trenches but we injected age into an old team. We spent a lot but didn't get too much in return. Plenty of maybes but not too many sure things.

Comments?
Old 03-25-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioState View Post
it is not irrelevent since the relationship with lovie was damaged and that it was such a public display of weakness and cheapness
I didn't say we didn't have to trade Jones i'm just saying that the mistakes that were made to piss him off were the bad part.
The fact that lance briggs is dissatisfied is also important because it shows that our front office is not doing the right things to get the best production out of its employees. I also never said we should let him go but maybe we should have looked into moving him since that relationship is irreprable. players do things against their contracts all of the time (like hold out or not play ala randy moss).
Also i didn't say that getting archuleta was a bad move just a temporary fix and not that effective and why not pay for people that you can afford? They should have brought someone in to challenge rex for the job too since griese didn't seem to be able to beat him out and that says a lot since rex was so horrrible.
The relationship with Lovie is fine. He's paid like a top 10 coach now, all of his assistants were given extensions, and we allowed him to get rid of Rivera and promote Babich, his guy.

What mistakes were made, this offseason, to upset Thomas Jones? Name one.

Who cares if Lance Briggs is upset? Like you said, this kind of stuff happens all the time.

Good franchises should want guys to occasional be upset with their contracts. The Redskins throw money around like it's candy and they suck ass. Teams like the Pats and Eagles make players fight for each dime and it shows in the end. We offered Briggs a nice contract, he didn't want it, something will work out. Franchising Briggs was absolutely the right move and just because nothing has come of it now doesn't mean it won't. It's March. That's hardly a reason to give us an F-.

Who should we bring in at Quarterback? I don't think the Bears staff ever considered promoting Griese because they like Grossman at quarterback. Griese is one of the best backups out there and I would say he's better than anyone available. Would signing Drew Bledsoe or Brad Johnson really have improved things? And please don't bring up David Carr. I'd love to hear some reasoning why Carr is a better alternative than what we already have. If we want a guy that constantly dumps off to the runningback we can put Orton back in there.

We aren't wasting money because we don't have to. We have good players on our team. The objective is to resign those that are worth giving the big money to, and that will slowly work itself out. There's no reason to do something just to pacify stupid fans that don't know any better.

Again, stop getting your input from ESPN and think about this stuff objectively.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I really like TT, but "draft god"?? I think the Packers need to..oh I dunno..win somes games before he's put in the upper eschelon of GM's.

He did a nice job in Seattle, but he never had full control and was never the final decision maker.
turing the 05 packers into the 06 packers was quite a accomplishment......he really did it thru the draft and we by far had the best rookie class
Old 03-25-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpackers0065 View Post
turing the 05 packers into the 06 packers was quite a accomplishment......he really did it thru the draft and we by far had the best rookie class
I don't disagree with any of that. I said the day of the draft, while most people were slurping on the Cards big-name picks, that the Packers had by far the best draft.

But one good draft does not make you a "draft god". I like TT, but you gotta do a little more than that.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:07 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I don't disagree with any of that. I said the day of the draft, while most people were slurping on the Cards big-name picks, that the Packers had by far the best draft.

But one good draft does not make you a "draft god". I like TT, but you gotta do a little more than that.
im not going on his draft history im going on his player evaluation skills, draft philosophy, the way he correspnds with his coaches etc.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Offseason Gains
Restricted Free Agent Signings & Tenders
- RB Shaud Williams (Bills) - Signed 2 year contract. Terms Unknown.

We retain a decent role player who can catch the ball well out of the backfield. C

- DE Anthony Hargrove (Bills) - 1 year Low tender, 3rd Round Compensation.

Keep a good rotation end who we got for a 5th round pick. Not bad considering no 5th round end we would have selected would be better than Hargrove. B+

- DT Tim Anderson (Bills) - 1 year Low tender, 3rd Round Compensation.

Another rotation player but on the inside. Plays with a high motor and is good for a few plays a game. B-

- CB Jabari Greer (Bills) - Signed a 2 year contract. Terms Unknown.

Mostly a special teams player and was worth keeping around until our future at corner back is settled. C+

Unrestricted Free Agent Signings
- QB Kevin Eakin (No Team) - Terms Unknown.

No body, won't help us at all. D

- RB Anthony Thomas (Bills) - Signed 2 year contract. Terms Unknown.

Good player who can come in off the bench for a few carries a game. B-

- OG Derrick Dockery (Redskins) - Signed 7 year, $49 million dollar contract.

Great run blocker and certainly an upgrade. Is he worth the price though? All his false starts are worrisome. B

- OL Langston Walker (Raiders) - Signed 5 year, $25 million dollar contract.

Was benched during the season by the Raiders, not worth the money at all. D-

- OL Jason Whittle (Vikings) - Signed a 1 year, $720,000 dollar contract.

Good signing, provides depth at a few line spots and can maybe teach the youngsters a thing or two. B+

- DE Chris Kelsay (Bills) - Signed a 4 year, $23 million dollar contract.

A great player in our defense, really played well for us this year on the left side rotation. B+

- CB Kiwaukee Thomas (Bills) - Signed 2 year contract. Terms Unknown.

A very good nickle corner back for our scheme, would have had people talking if he had hands. B

Offseason Losses

- RB Willis McGahee (Ravens) - Traded to the Baltimore Ravens on 3/8 for 3rd rounder (#92), 7th rounder (#220) and 2008 3rd Rounder.

Considering what Willis had done the team wanted to get rid of him before they would end up with nothing. Got 3 draft picks out of it and 2 first day picks, well one if you count next years third as a fourth this year. B-

- FB Daimon Shelton (No Team) - Will not be offered a contract.

Not a great runner or receiver. A decent blocker who can be replaced.

- WR Troy Bergeron (No Team) - Released on 2/15.

Never really heard anything about this guy, no harm done.

- OL Matt Morgan (No Team) - ERFA not offered contract, now UFA.

Same as Bergeron.

- OG Chris Villarrial (No Team) - Released on 3/1. Savings Unknown.

An old man who is often injured and is an average starter. Probably worth the cut because he had a moderately large salary from what I remember.

- OG Tutan Reyes (No Team) - Released on 3/6. Savins Unknown.

Started the first few games before the bye week and then was replaced after the shuffle.

- LB London Fletcher (Redskins) - Signed a 5 year, $25 million dollar contract.

A fan favourite, but he wanted to leave for more money and he didn't fit our defensive scheme well.

- CB Nate Clements (49ers) - Signed a 8 year, $80 million dollar contract.

Certainly no one was expecting us to give him a contract like the 49ers gave him, we are thin at corner now though.

- SS Matt Bowen (No Team) - Released on 3/1. Savings Unknown.

He won't be missed, never made an impact or made a noise.

Overall I would give us something like a D+, hopefully we fill enough needs through the draft so that can be more like a B-. We definitely haven't improved our team.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dolphins- C
Not a fan of the Porter signing at this point. I really liked the Welker trade along with bringing in Az Hakim to replace him. We got rid of a lot of overpriced trash and didn't bring much in. Getting rid of McMichael for David Martin is questionable, the Feely for Mare move didn't help or hurt. Some questionable moves, some good ones. Resigning both DTs was a plus. Bringing in Trent Green depending on the trade would be a good move.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Dolphins- C
Not a fan of the Porter signing at this point. I really liked the Welker trade along with bringing in Az Hakim to replace him. We got rid of a lot of overpriced trash and didn't bring much in. Getting rid of McMichael for David Martin is questionable, the Feely for Mare move didn't help or hurt. Some questionable moves, some good ones. Resigning both DTs was a plus. Bringing in Trent Green depending on the trade would be a good move.
I also think that you guys got the better part of the Welker trade easily. Hakim will be fine. I know how you feel, except the Bucs brought in more trash and let go of little. Green will do well in Miami if he ends up with you guys. I think Porter will excel in your scheme, he will bring a massive blitz force and attitude(unwanted?).

I never heard your opinion of Saban so whats he mean to you?
Old 03-25-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Boltbaby

Right now I would rate it a B+. Only because it still remains to be seen if we trade Michael Turner and what we get in return for him.

We made one very SIGNIFICANT free agent signing and that was wooing Chris Dielman our nasty, gritty guard back to the Chargers for less than both Seattle and Cleveland were offering. There was no way our line would have been better than middle of the pack without him.

The team also resigned all the Restricted Free Agents we wanted to keep with the exception of Randall Godfrey, and he may end up signing too before all is said and done.

I'm extremely proud of ownership and our personnel folks for taking care of our own great players and keeping them in the fold. Thats the way to build a championship team for years to come.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltbaby View Post
Right now I would rate it a B+. Only because it still remains to be seen if we trade Michael Turner and what we get in return for him.

We made one very SIGNIFICANT free agent signing and that was wooing Chris Dielman our nasty, gritty guard back to the Chargers for less than both Seattle and Cleveland were offering. There was no way our line would have been better than middle of the pack without him.

The team also resigned all the Restricted Free Agents we wanted to keep with the exception of Randall Godfrey, and he may end up signing too before all is said and done.

I'm extremely proud of ownership and our personnel folks for taking care of our own great players and keeping them in the fold. Thats the way to build a championship team for years to come.
The Chargers only really made 1 mistake this off-season.
Not keeping Schottenheimer.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
I also think that you guys got the better part of the Welker trade easily. Hakim will be fine. I know how you feel, except the Bucs brought in more trash and let go of little. Green will do well in Miami if he ends up with you guys. I think Porter will excel in your scheme, he will bring a massive blitz force and attitude(unwanted?).

I never heard your opinion of Saban so whats he mean to you?
As far as personally, I don't blame him at all for leaving. He is a grown man and has the right to do whatever he wants. He left the team in way better condition than we he got here. I would have liked to see him stay and finish what he started, but he had to do what he had to do.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
How do you think your team has fared?

49ers

FA's

Nate Clements, CB (Bills)

Nate Clements got an "80 million" dollar contract. I get to see a lot of bills games but i never really zeroed in on clements until the latter part of this season. He played very well against talent like andre johnson and marvin harrison. That being said, according to numerous posters he has been very rocky over the past couple of years is a "on and off" type. So we will see with this signing.

Michael Lewis, SS (Eagles)

Michael Lewis played very bad last year but he did go to a pro bowl so hopefully he can regain that form. As well his contract is full of ungaraunteed roster bonuses only so there should be no cap hit if he plays terrible and is cut at any point of his contract.

Aurbrayo Franklin, NT (Ravens)

Truth be told i dont know a lot about this guy. But hes a true NT and thats something we needed. Hes the starter but he will likely be used in a rotation.

Tully Banta-Cain, OLB (Patriots)

I certainly hope there is some untapped talent in him. He was stuck in the dept chart behind willie mcciginest and rosevelt colvin, so its not like he had to beat out nobodies. Wasnt great in PT but he showed some pass rushing capabilities and hopefully he brings it to the bay.

Ashley Lelie, WR (Falcons)

I'm not a huge fan but he is pretty good at YPC and signed a very cheap deal. Hopefully he has a chip on his shoulder and can produce.

Colby Bockwoldt, LB (Titans)

I dont know anything about him. Was a 7th round pick from NO that got to start a few games so hopefully that bodes well for us. Main reason he came was because he knew our ST coach Al Everest from his playing days in New Orleans. Likely a ST ace but could be used in rotational packages.

That was pretty much it for FA's. But there was a lot more that happened. The 49ers had to replace their OC (Norv Turner) DC (Billy Davis) and ST coach (Larry Mac Duff). They replaced OC Turner with Jim Hostler, Alex Smith's QB Coach. Definitely a downgrade and unproven. Greg Manusky replaced DC Davis. I really like manusky. He was the LB coach in San Diego and produced great LB play from the likes of merriman, edwards, phillips, and foley, who all blossomed under his coaching. Also, he was going to be a DC this offseason. Phillips wanted him in Dallas, and AJ Smith wanted him in San Diego. This tells me he was a rising star in the coaching ranks and im excited to see what he brings. I heard Everest had a pretty decent ST in New Orleans and helped Michael Lewis in returns there, so hopefully he brings it here as well.

I like the additions the 49ers have made. Weve lost some players like TE Eric Johnson, but with davis johnson wasnt going to get a chance to start. I also really wanted adalius but he did not want to be in SF because it was in the west coast (read it in a peter king article) and he did not want to be away from his family in the east coast. So we did the best we could in the situation. We also lost Antonio Bryant but his off the field problems were just too big. I dont think he has even been contacted by any other teams and it isnt because of any talent issues. He would be on his 3rd team in 3 years if he signed with someone else, and 4th team overall in his young career.

Overall i would grade it a B.
I give you guys at least an A- pending on if Michael Lewsis can rejuvenate himself.

PHILLY Eagles

Monte Reagor
and Kevin Curtis

Overall : B

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
As far as personally, I don't blame him at all for leaving. He is a grown man and has the right to do whatever he wants. He left the team in way better condition than we he got here. I would have liked to see him stay and finish what he started, but he had to do what he had to do.
So this leads me to another question...
Who is Keak?
And have you seen a picture of Scott Wright?
Old 03-25-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Boltbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
The Chargers only really made 1 mistake this off-season.
Not keeping Schottenheimer.
Well, I guess that remains to be seen. I liked Marty, but some rumors about his ridiculous behavior in the playoff game, especially going for it on 4th and 11, makes me wonder if he really could have got the team to the big dance. I'm pretty impressed with the Troika they brought in with Norv shaping the offense and Cottrell and Rivera leading the defense. I think Norvy doesn't have to do all that much with the pieces we have in place, the players are pretty motivated after being humiliated in the playoffs last season.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
The relationship with Lovie is fine. He's paid like a top 10 coach now, all of his assistants were given extensions, and we allowed him to get rid of Rivera and promote Babich, his guy.

What mistakes were made, this offseason, to upset Thomas Jones? Name one.

Who cares if Lance Briggs is upset? Like you said, this kind of stuff happens all the time.

Good franchises should want guys to occasional be upset with their contracts. The Redskins throw money around like it's candy and they suck ass. Teams like the Pats and Eagles make players fight for each dime and it shows in the end. We offered Briggs a nice contract, he didn't want it, something will work out. Franchising Briggs was absolutely the right move and just because nothing has come of it now doesn't mean it won't. It's March. That's hardly a reason to give us an F-.

Who should we bring in at Quarterback? I don't think the Bears staff ever considered promoting Griese because they like Grossman at quarterback. Griese is one of the best backups out there and I would say he's better than anyone available. Would signing Drew Bledsoe or Brad Johnson really have improved things? And please don't bring up David Carr. I'd love to hear some reasoning why Carr is a better alternative than what we already have. If we want a guy that constantly dumps off to the runningback we can put Orton back in there.

We aren't wasting money because we don't have to. We have good players on our team. The objective is to resign those that are worth giving the big money to, and that will slowly work itself out. There's no reason to do something just to pacify stupid fans that don't know any better.

Again, stop getting your input from ESPN and think about this stuff objectively.
allright man i get what you're sayng