Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 01-18-2011, 06:24 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Greg Mattison Gone, Chuck Pagano In

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...e-coordinator/

I think we need this change.

From what I've read, a lot of the players love Pagano. Hopefully he will be a lot more aggressive than Mattison.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:13 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like this move, but it will be interesting to see what type of scheme Pagano wants to run. I'm guessing we keep it similar to what we've had, a hybrid, but I hope that he brings a different mentality to the defense.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:29 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

I think we will see more blitzing and being wildly aggressive on any down. His pedigree comes from the U so he is well in tune with our core guys...
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:44 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cant wait to see the new fresh talent we get @ CB and LB
Old 01-24-2011, 04:02 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

I don't think we need to update too much of the LB core but I would like us to add another pass rusher on the edge in the mold of Woodley or a Dumervil
Old 01-24-2011, 04:47 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

What about moving Roy Anderson over to help Hostler with the WR's and Zorn with Flacco and trying to get someone like Steve Atwater from the Skins to coach the secondary? He's currently just a coaches intern and has a lot of knowledge and experience, he helped make a marked improvement to Laron Landry and the rest of the secondary in DC... he could only serve to help us here and I with Pagano having his thumb print on the secondary it would be a good fit...
Old 01-24-2011, 07:23 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
I don't think we need to update too much of the LB core but I would like us to add another pass rusher on the edge in the mold of Woodley or a Dumervil
We definitely need another pass-rusher (along the line or LBers), but I think we also need to add a quality #2 ILB as well. That position hurt us as much as any this past season. I'm not sure how Pagano is going to use that position compared to how Mattison did, but I don't think it matters since none of the guys we have are starting caliber anyways. I think we need to add about three guys to be honest, our OLB depth is non-existent and IDK how much we can count on Kindle to return.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:46 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

I agree with you on that one.. Kindle is a huge question mark. All signs do point to us resigning him and giving him a shot at training camp.

You don't think Ellerbe and McClain are a good platoon solution for the other ILB?
Old 01-25-2011, 10:55 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I agree with you on that one.. Kindle is a huge question mark. All signs do point to us resigning him and giving him a shot at training camp.

You don't think Ellerbe and McClain are a good platoon solution for the other ILB?
I think Ellerbe would be good, but I don't think he has the staff's support. He's easily the best ILB behind Lewis yet we all saw that stretch he went inactive for games, even while the other guys we were throwing out there were just plain bad. I'm definitely not a fan of seeing McClain get a lot of time on defense, he just doesn't have the instincts or quickness to make plays on the inside.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:15 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens | Expected to hire Teryl Austin
Tue, 25 Jan 2011 09:13:51 -0800

The Baltimore Ravens have interviewed former University of Florida defensive coordinator Teryl Austin for their secondary coach vacancy and he's considered the leading candidate to land the job, according to league sources with knowledge of the situation, reports Aaron Wilson, of NationalFootballPost.com. The Ravens have yet to announce that he's been hired, but friends of Austin say he's already been informed that he'll be hired.

Austin was a serious candidate and a so called "lock" for replacing Will Muschamp at UT. I think this is a great hire.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:32 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Ravens | Expected to hire Teryl Austin
Tue, 25 Jan 2011 09:13:51 -0800

The Baltimore Ravens have interviewed former University of Florida defensive coordinator Teryl Austin for their secondary coach vacancy and he's considered the leading candidate to land the job, according to league sources with knowledge of the situation, reports Aaron Wilson, of NationalFootballPost.com. The Ravens have yet to announce that he's been hired, but friends of Austin say he's already been informed that he'll be hired.

Austin was a serious candidate and a so called "lock" for replacing Will Muschamp at UT. I think this is a great hire.
Sounds like a good move to me!
Old 01-25-2011, 12:33 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
I think Ellerbe would be good, but I don't think he has the staff's support. He's easily the best ILB behind Lewis yet we all saw that stretch he went inactive for games, even while the other guys we were throwing out there were just plain bad. I'm definitely not a fan of seeing McClain get a lot of time on defense, he just doesn't have the instincts or quickness to make plays on the inside.
Im actually a fan of Phillips too... he is a thumper but he needs to work on his speed...
Old 01-25-2011, 12:42 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Phillips is interesting. I think he would really excel in a role where he just has to take on blockers and make plays near the LOS. Perhaps Pagano will utilize a player like him, instead of using our #2 ILB primarily in coverage.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:18 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Phillips is interesting. I think he would really excel in a role where he just has to take on blockers and make plays near the LOS. Perhaps Pagano will utilize a player like him, instead of using our #2 ILB primarily in coverage.
That is actually a good idea... would surely extend #52's career a few more years if he didn't have to take on so many blockers
Old 01-31-2011, 09:01 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That is actually a good idea... would surely extend #52's career a few more years if he didn't have to take on so many blockers
I'm not sure if Phillips could handle a full starting load, I was referring to more of a role-player duties for him. I'd prefer getting a well-rounded starter but with the needs this team has I think it will be hard to find one in the draft that we won't have to reach for. Free agency is usually pretty dull for the Ravens, although this year's free agency is pretty up in the air and we could see a lot of our own players leave.

Ideally I would pair Phillips with somebody that can be effective in coverage, somewhat in the mold of Gooden but actually a good player. Ayanbadejo might be a better comparison for what I'm looking for.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love what Phillips showed in the pre season. The problem is he cant cover to save his life. He is a 2 down ILB in a 34. Also Gooden should play in a 43, in the CFL. He stinks I think ppl fell in love because he wore #52 at miami also but its time for us to move on. I would love us to get a young ILB because McClain isnt an impact starter, Ray wont be around forever. Phillips cant cover. GOoden cant do much of anything, and the coaches hate Ellerbe.