Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 12-15-2010, 09:03 AM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Mock 5.0

I believe that we will be picking #2 overall and that Carolina will end up with the top pick. I don't care that they have Claussen. Andrew Luck will be a franchise QB. The Panther's message board confirms that they want Luck so I don't have him on the board when we pick at #2.

1. AJ Green WR Georgia 6'4'' 208 lbs. AJ Green and Andrew Luck are the only elite can't miss talents in this draft. You have to take the BPA especially if they are elite. I don't think that WR is a huge problem or need on this team but TO will be gone and Chad is going to be 33 next year. You have to get elite talent if it is available to you so that is where I went with this pick. Green might have the best hands I have ever seen at the college level. He is a flat out difference maker.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKTm9oFWJNg

2. Marcus Cannon OG TCU 6'6'' 350 lbs. Marcus Cannon is an absolute beast. We need a mauler like him in the AFC North to take on those huge DT's. I think that he is the best pure OG in the draft and he fills a huge hole at LG.

3. Duenta Williams Safety UNC 6'2'' 215 lbs. William might have been a late first or early second round pick if he wasn't suspended from North Carolina. He makes plays all over the field. When was the last time Crocker or Ndukewe made a play on the ball? Never! This is a huge leak in our defense that will be plugged by Williams and Nelson going forward.

4. John Clay RB Wisconsin 6'1'' 248 lbs. Clay will not remind you of Barry Sander or Reggie Bush but he will show you some Brandon Jacobs and Frank Gore. I really like the idea of Clay and B. Scott. I am not interested in bringing Benson back next year. He has fumbling problems and has not shown a burst at all this year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64JQSZqwR0w

5. Alex Henery K Nebraska 6'1'' 177 lbs. This guy has 60 yard range and always gets his kickoffs into the endzone. I am sick of seeing the other team catch the ball on the 5 or 10 yard line while running full speed ahead to the 30 on kickoffs. Nugent's career might be over with since he has had several injuries to his kicking leg.

6. Traded for Nelson

7. James Rodgers WR/PR/KR Oregon St. 5'7'' 188 lbs He could replace Quan "Fair catch inside the 10" Cosby and do a better job.

We would need to cut Geathers to free up some money, Tag J-Jo, sign an OLB so Maualuga can move to MLB, and pick up Chad's option. We have to let MJ grow at DE along with Dunlop. Atkins will see more time at DT along with Sims. We don't have enough draft picks to fill all of our holes. Let me know what you think.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Firstpick
Rookie

Firstpick is so money.Firstpick is so money.Firstpick is so money.Firstpick is so money.Firstpick is so money.Firstpick is so money.Firstpick is so money.Firstpick is so money.Firstpick is so money.Firstpick is so money.Firstpick is so money.

I like your thinking. Its hard to project until we have a new coaching staff in place. So I can't disagree until then.
Firstpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can live with that draft. Even though i think the Bengals will end up with 1st over all pick

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:10 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like your thinking also although I don't want to pick up Chad's option unless he can live with being a sometimes starter. Also, the Williams kid from UNC; didn't he suffer a bad broken leg in the bowl game? There was some talk that he may not be able to show anyone anything before the draft.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:52 AM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickscott View Post
I like your thinking also although I don't want to pick up Chad's option unless he can live with being a sometimes starter. Also, the Williams kid from UNC; didn't he suffer a bad broken leg in the bowl game? There was some talk that he may not be able to show anyone anything before the draft.
Yea he just had surgery on his right fibula

Last edited by crites09 : 01-06-2011 at 02:42 PM. Reason: stop myself from lookin like a bigger idiot
crites09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:09 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With all the talk about Palmer wanting out, I think it's almost a must to go after a QB this year. I wouldn't mind Ricky Stanzi coming out of a pro system like Iowa's. He could be a steal in the later rounds (3-5). Also would like to see John Clay come in as our feature RB seeing as he can run over people and would compliment Scott to make a very scary RB duo. FB also needs to be addressed (preferably Marecic), as well as OL. If we were to somehow manage to get those 3 specifically, all of whom should be around somewhat later in the draft, it would be an instant improvement and could give us one of the more frightening young offenses.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post
With all the talk about Palmer wanting out, I think it's almost a must to go after a QB this year. I wouldn't mind Ricky Stanzi coming out of a pro system like Iowa's. He could be a steal in the later rounds (3-5). Also would like to see John Clay come in as our feature RB seeing as he can run over people and would compliment Scott to make a very scary RB duo. FB also needs to be addressed (preferably Marecic), as well as OL. If we were to somehow manage to get those 3 specifically, all of whom should be around somewhat later in the draft, it would be an instant improvement and could give us one of the more frightening young offenses.
I like Stanzi a lot, but he's not the answer right now. He'll take twice as long to develop as one of the top QB's in this draft. I would love it if we drafted him, I'm just saying that he won't help us next year.

John Clay is an interesting prospect. I doubt his injury at the end of the season has much effect on his pro career, but I'd at least want to see what the pro's say after his combine.

As far as Marecic goes, I don't know if his versatility would translate at all to the NFL. As a fullback I would love to give him a shot here if we could get him past round 5 (or IN round 5).

I definitely love your thinking. These would all be great late round picks for us offensively. It always allows us to use our first on Green should he be there. We would definitely need to address safety somewhere in rounds 2-3 though.

I'm also not convinced that Michael Johnson can line up across from Dunlap and be as successful. In fact, I'm not even convinced Dunlap can play every snap like we need him to yet. A defensive end also has to be a concern somewhere down the line for us.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have always liked Ponder.
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:03 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mainly like Stanzi, and this may be my Big Ten bias, because he has played his entire career within a pro-style offense as well as his football smarts. He probably wouldn't be the immediate answer, but much like we did when we drafted Palmer, we could sit him for a while and not throw him to the wolves right out of the gate.

Whoever it is, I think that this draft needs to be heavy on the offense. There are so many questions that need to be addressed and Palmer wanting / demanding a trade isn't making things any easier. While we do need to go after S and DE, I think that retooling the offense needs to be the primary focus this offseason.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote