Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-28-2011, 04:34 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
meh. it's denver. we'll put on sweatshirts for a day, then it'll be sunny and 55-60 again. =P
I'm sure you're used to it by now. Just making sure you know in advance and don't have to simply react to it, haha.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:41 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
nothing worse than walking out my door in march in short sleeves and flip flops and putting one foot firmly in 3 feet of snow. this happens at least once a year. and it usually takes a few minutes to figure out why my foot is cold.
See, I'm just looking out for your feet. /creepy Rex Ryan voice

Old 01-30-2011, 11:26 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

We've got two storms lined up for my area this week, one looks like it'll be a mixture right now on Tuesday/Wednesday, though I tend to believe my area will get more snow than they are currently expecting. The next one lined up for the weekend could be a big blizzard for the Northeast again if some of the computer models continue to suggest what they are right now.

Old 01-30-2011, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I swear if I get another blizzard I will freak out.

I CAN'T HANDLE ALL THIS SNOW!
Old 01-30-2011, 11:45 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're running out of places to put it. Hopefully some of it melts off because we've got a few feet just sitting there piled up.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:47 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well im heading up to NH for school today. we could get 10-14 inches up here in the mountains from it. down in southern New England, theres the potential for a pretty potent ice storm

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:26 PM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is going to start snowing lightly tomorrow in Central Illinois then all hell is going to break loose cause we're supposed to get a foot of snow Tuesday morning through Wednesday!
ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno626 View Post
It is going to start snowing lightly tomorrow in Central Illinois then all hell is going to break loose cause we're supposed to get a foot of snow Tuesday morning through Wednesday!
Depending on the exact track, you could be looking at around 18-20", but as it stands now, that looks like it'll be in northern Illinois/Indiana/NW Ohio and southern Wisconsin/Michigan.

Old 01-30-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I swear if I get another blizzard I will freak out.

I CAN'T HANDLE ALL THIS SNOW!
New York City looks to be out of the major snow for this first storm this week, and will be mostly an ice/rain issue, but the next one looks to be following the pattern of the previous storms this winter.

Its funny, this is the first in a two year La Nina, and we should be seeing storms like this one coming up more predominantly than these Nor'Easters, I'm not sure what it means, its kinda weird.

I've got bad news for those of you who don't like the bitter cold... Typically a two year La Nina (we're in the first year) means above average temperatures for much of the Eastern 2/3 of the country in the winter, and the trend with these is the next two winters (2nd La Nina winter and then an El Nino Winter) get progressively colder. If it follows that pattern, we could see some terribly cold winters the next two years. We'll have to see if it follows that pattern as we work our way into an El Nino by 2013.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:39 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** this south dakota snow. I hate my life right now. It's such a ***** to drive around.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Snowing now and not suppoded to stop til Wednesday. Why the **** did I move back from Florida?
Old 01-31-2011, 01:50 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking at close to an inch of ice in the next 2 days or so. Wonderful.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:01 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4-8 inches of the light fluffy stuff over the next 2 days. And then high winds wednesday.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:33 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Snow is nothing, ice is scary stuff. Not only do you have to worry about dying on the roads, but trees and powerlines can easily snap with all of that weight.

They are calling for some serious amounts of ice up there for some of you. An inch of ice will likely render people without power for weeks due to all of the downed power lines.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am going to pick up firewood and a flashlight after work. I hate winter. And I am probably a sucker for buying into the media hype for this storm. But worst case scenario of a week without power is a pretty bad case.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're set to get 15 inches of snow over here, with some ice pellets as well. It will be an interesting Tuesday and Wednesday, to say the least.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:07 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I am going to pick up firewood and a flashlight after work. I hate winter. And I am probably a sucker for buying into the media hype for this storm. But worst case scenario of a week without power is a pretty bad case.
In this case, no you aren't a sucker, this storm is going to be big and powerful. A lot of times the Weather Channel and the main media sources will overblow storms (usually at the beginning of winter, to kick start people's awareness of the dangers of winter driving, but this is going to affect over 100 million people (and that's just the winter aspect of it), many of whom will see huge accumulations of snow an/or ice. Any places that get over half an inch of ice are in for trouble, but the areas looking at 1" are really vulnerable. Normally no matter how bad a storm is I say all you really need to do is make sure you have food for 3-4 days and your good, but with storms that have these types of ice accumulations, it pays to be the "overprepared" person with the generator and a gas stove, just to be safe.

To clarify, I'm not saying everyone should panic, or even expect that stupid ****, but if you are in a place expected to get the worst of the ice accumulations, prepare yourself if you haven't already. Places near Chicago expecting two feet of snow are better off than the people getting half an inch of ice.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:48 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's 60 right now in NM and on Wednesday there is supposed to be a high of 27.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:55 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

supposed to get between 6-10 inches here
Old 01-31-2011, 05:57 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lot of snow headed this way too supposedly. Stocking up on firewood as well, brought in four loads of the stuff for the next few days and might go out to split some more logs just to be careful.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-31-2011, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
supposed to get between 6-10 inches here
That's what she said. Sorry, couldn't help it.

Freezing rain is expected to be here by the end of the week. Yay.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:12 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Freezing rain is the worst. Snow it's ok usually dumb drives just get stuck or spin out. Ice though idiots think 4WD somehow does something with ice as they glide by crashing into walls. Not to mention the loss of power with freezing rain and down power lines.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, I'm not looking forward to it at all. Hopefully it comes and goes in an evening

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:16 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wait, i'm gonna get MORE snow?
are you serious?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:16 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yup, I'm not happy about the ice part either. Lost power for over a day earlier this month too and would prefer not to deal with it again.

R.I.P. Junior Seau