Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 5 Positions and Players you would build your team around?

Its the offseason. Forgive me.

1. QB
This position is so important. A good QB can definetly make a contender of his team, just by himself. Add a nice supporting cast and you can be dangerous in the play offs every year.

My pick: Carson Palmer. He is young, throws the best deep ball in the game, and is a leader. The best pure passer behind Manning.

2. LT
An underated position to the casual fan...The offense basically revolves around this guy, seeing how he serves to protect the blind side of a QB (usually) and is needed for run blocking.

My pick: Marcus McNeil. To make it as a Pro Bowl alternate at the left tackle position with perrenial Pro Bowlers as a rookie is outstanding. To protect the blind side of a first time starter at the QB position and make way for the MVP RB is amazing as well. This guy is going to be good for years and years and years.

3. DE
I believe games are won and lost in the trenches and having a great defensive end helps out your pass defense and your run defense. Having a great DE really disrupts the offense and having to gameplan against a DE is alot harder than having to gameplan against a great FS or CB.

My pick: Julius Peppers. What can you say about this guy that hasnt already been said? He is one of the fiercest pass rushers in the league, while still having the size to defend the run well. Not only is he such a balanced DE, he can drop into coverage well. Sucks he is on the Panthers.

4. MLB
He is the general of the defense. It is as simple as that. He is the leader that can rile up defense to up their level of play. He is the one that calls the plays.

My pick: Jonathan Vilma. Young leader in the mold of Ray Lewis. What more can you ask for? Of course he would be playing in a 4-3, and I would build my defense around him, as oppose to the Jets.

5. DT/FS
My favorite position is Free Safety, so my choice of FS here might be biased. I think that the FS position brings so much ability to make a play; force a turnover, etc. Does anyone have a % of how many teams win while forcing more turnovers than having giveaways? Also, it allows your CBs to be a bit less than average and allows them to make some mistakes, while still not getting beat. And I put DT here cause games are won and lost in the trenches, and having a DT that can clog up running lanes and is able to get to the passer is a tremdous luxury.

My pick: Ed Reed/ Jamal Williams. Ed Reed takes away the deep pass and is a threat to score everytime he touches the ball. Jamal Williams disrupts OL and penetrates into the backfield and is very hard to stop.

Honorable Mentions: CB, RB, WR

Man. What a team.

Carson Palmer
Marcus McNeil
Julius Peppers
Jon Vilma
Ed Reed

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote