Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 01-30-2011, 10:13 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconguru View Post
Why not draft Smith put him in the slot and in a few yrs Jenkins will be gone and Smith moves to wide out? I like Jernigan or Young but think Smith will have the better career. I think Hankerson as better body control than Jenkins. Jenkins biggest problem is he can't get separation especially in a short distance. He also doesn't adjust well making those acrobatic moves sometimes receivers need to make to catch a erant pass.

Outside of receiver and if no one falls to 27 from the def ends (corners Harris maybe williams) I'm not sure who would be on the radar. Kiwanuka what was the most sacks he as ever had? I don't think its alot and would he be much better than Biermann or whoever plus getting paid alot> I wouldn't want to pay Peppers type money for an under producer but if the price it right bring in a free agent def end. Abe could always get injured and then where will the pass rush be? Also signing a def end free agent could buy the Falcon's another year to find a def end for the future.

Kiwanuka has played mostly 4-3 OLB with DE mixed in, so he's not going to have huge sack numbers. Can't blame the guy for not getting a lot of time with Tuck and Osi on the team. And he's not getting Peppers money. That's just silly. He'll get less than Edwards and Charles Johnson.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:22 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh and Matt said at the Pro Bowl that'd he like to have Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald. I want it done.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Falconguru
Rookie

Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Kiwanuka has played mostly 4-3 OLB with DE mixed in, so he's not going to have huge sack numbers. Can't blame the guy for not getting a lot of time with Tuck and Osi on the team. And he's not getting Peppers money. That's just silly. He'll get less than Edwards and Charles Johnson.
I was being sarcastic but yes if MK comes at a decent price it's worth the risk.
Falconguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:10 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
Oh and Matt said at the Pro Bowl that'd he like to have Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald. I want it done.
Our 1st and 2nd for Larry? Given the threat that he'd walk away, the Cards might have to listen.

There's still only a 0.1% chance that happens, and I'd also want to be 100% sure White won't whine about the fact that we'd have to pay Fitzgerald more than him.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:49 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Baldwin is head and shoulders better than Jenkins. Or rather, he has the potential to be. Jenkins never had the frame to hold 230+ pounds, and his thin frame is one reason he's always been more effective down the field and outside the numbers.

That said, I don't want Baldwin. Ryan's deep ball just isn't effective enough to utilize Baldwin properly.
#1 Jenkins doesn't have a thin frame, and his frame has nothing to do with him being massively soft, and never coming back to the ball properly

#2 Jenkins was never a first round talent, and was a huge reach because of his good 40 time.

#3 Ryan's deep ball seems awfully effective when called. Early in the season Douglas blew it on a couple of deep balls, 1 of which was an easy 50+ yard touchdown. So your misconception is just that, a misconception.

Our offensive coordinator didn't call enough deep balls, and honestly, the only WR we have who can make a play deep is Roddy and when people are rolling a Safety over the top, you have to do something different. Jenkins isn't a deep threat because he sucks. He's a good possession guy, but we need explosive plays. Douglas is going to be a fine WR, he's got crazy speed, he just has to improve focus. He really struggled at times this year, but I think he'll bounce back in the slot, so we need to be looking for an outside WR.

That WR slot is going to change the dynamic of our offense, the other position that can do that is a TE who can stretch out the seam. But that outside WR who is a big play threat will help so much. That and an offensive coordinator who has some balls.

With our options right now I'd like it to go like this.

Free Agency:
Charles Johnson - DE - Carolina
Leon Washington - RB - Seattle
Steve Breaston - WR - Arizona
Zach Miller - TE - Oakland
Carlos Rodgers - CB - Washington

Of these guys they are my top choices, honestly any of them would be bring a big boost. But if I had to pick 1, I'd take Johnson, Washington would prolly be the lowest on my list, but only because Weems has played so well as a return guy. But Washington is still an upgrade over Weems, and he'd be a fast CoP back for us in our offense.

Breaston seems like an ideal WR to put opposite Roddy, and it would prevent us from having to spend a high pick on WR (although I'd still like to, but flexibility is good) Zach Miller is a fantastic TE, and having him and TG in our 2 TE sets, plus the ability to split Zach Miller out in some formations would be amazing.

The head scratcher for most is Rodgers, but this guy is an absolute beast at CB, and is way more proven than Grimes at this point, and may actually not want the same payday that Grimes is going to be asking for. Obviously I'm not sure at this point, but if Grimes wants big money I say let him walk, for every play he made, there were that many plays he gave up too. I really love big play players, which I think Grimes is that, but I also love consistency and ability for our CBs to be able to hit/tackle and Grimes can't do that.

Big time FAs out there, at least for our needs, so that makes me happy. But it could hurt us too, we could lose Grimes and Snelling.

Part of me just wants to trade down and pick up Titus Young, and Ryan Williams in round 2 and call is awesome.
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:59 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rod View Post
Our 1st and 2nd for Larry? Given the threat that he'd walk away, the Cards might have to listen.

There's still only a 0.1% chance that happens, and I'd also want to be 100% sure White won't whine about the fact that we'd have to pay Fitzgerald more than him.
I wouldn't give up that much for Larry, he's amazing, but I just wouldn't give it up for him. Roddy is our guy, we need to build from him, and find someone to compliment him. Larry isn't really a big play guy, I know that seems stupid to say, but he's not a guy who's going to take the top off a defense, CJ makes more sense as that guy who can take the top off the defense. But neither of those are going to happen.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:17 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dark_knight View Post
#1 Jenkins doesn't have a thin frame, and his frame has nothing to do with him being massively soft, and never coming back to the ball properly

Yes he does. He's 6'4" 217. 6'4" Receivers now adays are very often over 225 pounds. Roddy White is 6'0" 212.

#2 Jenkins was never a first round talent, and was a huge reach because of his good 40 time.

Which has what to do with my post?

#3 Ryan's deep ball seems awfully effective when called. Early in the season Douglas blew it on a couple of deep balls, 1 of which was an easy 50+ yard touchdown. So your misconception is just that, a misconception.

No. What team are you watching? Matt's deep ball has been off since his rookie year. Numerous times he has missed targets deep down the field. Matt was...

10/38 for (26.3% ) 320 yards and 4 TDs/ 1 INT = 86.29 passer rating

on throws of 21 or more yards this season. Hardly impressive. Not to mention he doesn't look deep nearly often enough.

Our offensive coordinator didn't call enough deep balls, and honestly, the only WR we have who can make a play deep is Roddy and when people are rolling a Safety over the top, you have to do something different. Jenkins isn't a deep threat because he sucks. He's a good possession guy, but we need explosive plays. Douglas is going to be a fine WR, he's got crazy speed, he just has to improve focus. He really struggled at times this year, but I think he'll bounce back in the slot, so we need to be looking for an outside WR.

First off, Jenkins is not what I would call a possession guy. He doesn't make a ton of plays over the middle of the field and doesn't use his body to his advantage.

Second, Douglas looked horrible this year. Not only were his hands atrocious, but he struggled to create seperation. And I really liked Douglas coming out of Louisville. We can't anticipate him coming back to form. We have to bring in a guy to challenge him for the job.

That WR slot is going to change the dynamic of our offense, the other position that can do that is a TE who can stretch out the seam. But that outside WR who is a big play threat will help so much. That and an offensive coordinator who has some balls.

With our options right now I'd like it to go like this.

Free Agency:
Charles Johnson - DE - Carolina
Leon Washington - RB - Seattle
Steve Breaston - WR - Arizona
Zach Miller - TE - Oakland
Carlos Rodgers - CB - Washington

Of these guys they are my top choices, honestly any of them would be bring a big boost. But if I had to pick 1, I'd take Johnson, Washington would prolly be the lowest on my list, but only because Weems has played so well as a return guy. But Washington is still an upgrade over Weems, and he'd be a fast CoP back for us in our offense.

Breaston seems like an ideal WR to put opposite Roddy, and it would prevent us from having to spend a high pick on WR (although I'd still like to, but flexibility is good) Zach Miller is a fantastic TE, and having him and TG in our 2 TE sets, plus the ability to split Zach Miller out in some formations would be amazing.

lol what... Breaston is not the type of upgrade we need. He's good, but he's more suited for the slot, see what he did in 2008. He doesn't have the size we want, or need, on the outside.

The thought of getting Miller is asinine. Makes no sense. He's not leaving Oakland and definitely isn't splitting time. He's a probowler.

The head scratcher for most is Rodgers, but this guy is an absolute beast at CB, and is way more proven than Grimes at this point, and may actually not want the same payday that Grimes is going to be asking for. Obviously I'm not sure at this point, but if Grimes wants big money I say let him walk, for every play he made, there were that many plays he gave up too. I really love big play players, which I think Grimes is that, but I also love consistency and ability for our CBs to be able to hit/tackle and Grimes can't do that.

Since when do we spend like mad in FA? And Rodgers is very good, he will get his money. We just spent 50 million on one guy and the other is a probowler, we will not spend big money at CB. Not to mention grabbing Rodgers would give us two corners that don't generate big plays.

Big time FAs out there, at least for our needs, so that makes me happy. But it could hurt us too, we could lose Grimes and Snelling.

Part of me just wants to trade down and pick up Titus Young, and Ryan Williams in round 2 and call is awesome.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:05 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Jenkins has played at 225 in his career, maybe not listed at 225 right now, but he's been there, didn't help him any, his frame is not his problem. /discussion

You don't account for drops on Ryan's deep throws either, nor do you look at the fact that we threw the ball for 20+ yards only 38 times on the season. Deep balls aren't going to be 70% completion, heck even 50% is fantastic, 4:1 TD : INT ratio, if you don't think that's productive, then we're done here. I do believe the 1 interception was one he threw on a hail mary pass at the end of the first half of one of those games. Besides, you can't have great stats with a deep ball, without a great deep threat WR, which we do not have.

As far as not looking deep, is it his fault that we don't run deep routes? Is he calling all those plays? What about the fact that it's called good decision making when he gets the ball out of his hands and getting first downs, instead of forcing more interceptions? When no one can get open deep, except Roddy when they man him up and stop doubling him, how is that Ryan's fault for making the proper decision to not go deep? Does it diminish his ability to throw the deep ball at all?

Btw, not everything has anything to do with your post, it's just another fact. Your opinion is that Jenkins has a slight frame, which is false, and so I just happened to state another fact, instead of an opinion.

What category would you put Jenkins in then? He's a possession guy, didn't say he was a good one, but he is one, he's certainly not a big play guy, or a speedster, how about elite, is he elite?

Douglas had some great moments this year, and he had some bad ones too, but you can go ahead and overreact to a player coming off a major knee injury. I didn't say we shouldn't draft a WR, in fact I said we should draft a WR even if we add one in FA, cool story brew.

The fact that you think getting Miller is asinine makes me laugh, mostly at you though. Tony can't play forever, and we run a ton of 2 TE sets, and as I stated, we could also put Miller in the slot. Is he a pro-bowler? Absolutely, so what's wrong with wanting to pick him up? Tony is done, I'm not even sure he'll make it through next season. So you keep on being a reactive thinker, and I'll keep being a proactive one.

Since when am I advocating we spend like mad in FA? I didn't say we're going to get all of them, in fact if you would read before trying to come post your attacks, you may be able to understand what I'm saying. Scroll back up and read if I had to pick one, part of my post. I know we're not getting all of these guys, these are just top targets imo.

As far as one of our corners being a pro-bowler (late addition due to a real pro bowler backing out btw) He's also a free agent, and he may want to hit a big payday. If he does, the FO may let him walk, due to the fact that he's a guy who makes big plays, and gives up big plays, they may not want to invest that way, especially not with TD being a DB scout. I'm not saying he's going anywhere for sure, but you need to realize it is a possibility that he could walk.

So, you keep on being mad, go right on ahead. It's obvious you feel like you have to come to your own defense here, and just prove how wrong the new guy is. Tryhard much?

Last edited by the_dark_knight : 01-31-2011 at 11:08 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:37 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

I think the point is we don't really have the luxury of spending big at TE and CB. Anyway, I'll disagree on Breaston. I don't think we need a number two receiver. We need a number target. Leave Jenkins on the outside. Let him run that signature sideline route and post route all day. We just need someone who can make plays for us in between the numbers.

I mean if we we were to address the need of an outside WR, fine. But that's not our main priority IMO. We need someone to be a better version of what Harry Douglas was in 08.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know how you can even contemplate bringing in a replacement for Eric Weems. He has done so much for us this year. He actually has better punt and kick return average then Leon Washington this year.

And you're kidding yourself if you think Washington will provide anything on offense anymore.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:32 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jenkins has played at 225 in his career, maybe not listed at 225 right now, but he's been there, didn't help him any, his frame is not his problem. /discussion

I have never seen him listed at 225. He was listed at 217 and is listed there now. And yes, NFL.com changes player weights year to year. You are wrong.

Jenkins does not have a wide frame.

You don't account for drops on Ryan's deep throws either, nor do you look at the fact that we threw the ball for 20+ yards only 38 times on the season. Deep balls aren't going to be 70% completion, heck even 50% is fantastic, 4:1 TD : INT ratio, if you don't think that's productive, then we're done here. I do believe the 1 interception was one he threw on a hail mary pass at the end of the first half of one of those games. Besides, you can't have great stats with a deep ball, without a great deep threat WR, which we do not have.

Among 'top' QBs, MR had the second lowest completion percentage, ahead of only Matt Cassell, and one of the lower passer ratings. We don't have the best deep options, but they are far from the worst. Jenkins is a decent downfield threat. HD has great speed according to you. In 2008, the year Ryan's deep ball was effective, RW was 6th in 20 yard receptions and 11th in 40 yard receptions.

Matt Ryan's deep ball is not one of his better attrributes.

As far as not looking deep, is it his fault that we don't run deep routes? Is he calling all those plays? What about the fact that it's called good decision making when he gets the ball out of his hands and getting first downs, instead of forcing more interceptions? When no one can get open deep, except Roddy when they man him up and stop doubling him, how is that Ryan's fault for making the proper decision to not go deep? Does it diminish his ability to throw the deep ball at all?

An OC bases his offense off of his QB's strengths. Not only does Matt's deep ball leave something to be desired, it also takes a dimension away from our offense.

Btw, not everything has anything to do with your post, it's just another fact. Your opinion is that Jenkins has a slight frame, which is false, and so I just happened to state another fact, instead of an opinion.

It's not opinion that he isn't very large for a 6'4" WR. He's not tiny, but he does not possess a broad frame, and if you have ever seen a Falcons game you know that.

What category would you put Jenkins in then? He's a possession guy, didn't say he was a good one, but he is one, he's certainly not a big play guy, or a speedster, how about elite, is he elite?

He is not a possession guy, and he's not a big play guy. Not every WR has to be typecasted into one of the two. He is a big receiver who catches the ball when open, and one who can make the defense pay attention to him down the field or outside of the hashmarks.

Douglas had some great moments this year, and he had some bad ones too, but you can go ahead and overreact to a player coming off a major knee injury. I didn't say we shouldn't draft a WR, in fact I said we should draft a WR even if we add one in FA, cool story brew.

What 'great moments?' He had 22 receptions, failed to create much seperation, and dropped the ball. His knee injury has nothing to do with his hands.

The fact that you think getting Miller is asinine makes me laugh, mostly at you though. Tony can't play forever, and we run a ton of 2 TE sets, and as I stated, we could also put Miller in the slot. Is he a pro-bowler? Absolutely, so what's wrong with wanting to pick him up? Tony is done, I'm not even sure he'll make it through next season. So you keep on being a reactive thinker, and I'll keep being a proactive one.

TG recently stated the plan is to play for three more years. I'm not even going to argue with you on this, we're not getting Miller.

Since when am I advocating we spend like mad in FA? I didn't say we're going to get all of them, in fact if you would read before trying to come post your attacks, you may be able to understand what I'm saying. Scroll back up and read if I had to pick one, part of my post. I know we're not getting all of these guys, these are just top targets imo.

As far as one of our corners being a pro-bowler (late addition due to a real pro bowler backing out btw) He's also a free agent, and he may want to hit a big payday. If he does, the FO may let him walk, due to the fact that he's a guy who makes big plays, and gives up big plays, they may not want to invest that way, especially not with TD being a DB scout. I'm not saying he's going anywhere for sure, but you need to realize it is a possibility that he could walk.

If we let Grimes go, then I'm sure we will get another CB. But I doubt it will be in FA, as we have money tied up there. The likely scenario IMO is Grimes returning.

So, you keep on being mad, go right on ahead. It's obvious you feel like you have to come to your own defense here, and just prove how wrong the new guy is. Tryhard much?
I just think most of your thoughts are completely off.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Falconguru
Rookie

Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.

Anyone seen Jenkins YAC it was 81 for the yr. It as to be one of the lowest numbers in the game,pitiful. Sorry, I do think we need another receiver on the outside who can force defenses to worry about him. I think defenses really don't game plan for Jenkins. He gets his 4 catches a game and rarely impacts a game compared to Roddy. It's like I said draft a Torrey Smith type and put him in the slot unless Douglas is 100 percent and show the ability he had his first year. I think Smith could outplay Jenkins even as a rookie but at least we would have a potential no1 receiver that could give defenses something to worry about.

I really don't think C Johnson is leaving Carolina. I hope we go vet def back instead of relying on a rookie to win the nickel back. Having the potential to play Green Bay next year maybe in the playoffs you probably need another quality starter at corner. Green Bay goes 4 deep at receiver and they have Jemichael Finely coming back next year. Green Bay keeps piling on the talent and the only we the defense can slow them down is add corners and def ends whoc can put some heat on .

I'm not sure what happened to our tackling in the Green Bay game but our players had numerous shots at Rodgers but couldn't make the play. You think the Steelers are going to whiff like the Falcon's,doubt it.
Falconguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:12 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Helluva year buddy.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:29 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IDK if anyone saw Matt Ryan throw a deep at the pro bowl to Larry Fitzgerald that went for a TD. It was a terribly under thrown and the threw it late.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-01-2011, 08:52 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
IDK if anyone saw Matt Ryan throw a deep at the pro bowl to Larry Fitzgerald that went for a TD. It was a terribly under thrown and the threw it late.
Seriously? A throw in a pro bowl was off on timing? Cut Matt Ryan now!!!!

I read somewhere that the route was actually designed to be a stop route/jump ball in the endzone, cause Larry's going to win that 9/10 times. So, we don't know what play was called, and we don't know anything as far as if it was late/on time all we know is it resulted in a touchdown...

P.S.
If you guys all think Jenkins is fine on the outside we're going to have to agree to disagree. Without a #2 WR who can put fear in the defense and not allow teams to double Roddy every single play. Jenkins has had 1 on 1 coverage for most of the last 2 years, and still doesn't have a 100 yard game. You think he's serviceable still? Then you're just wrong

As far as Bama goes, just because YOU'VE never seen him listed at 225 doesn't mean he was never listed there, I saw it, I know it, and he still doesn't have a slight frame. Oh boy, I found a picture of a guy twisting just right doing what models do to make themselves look skinnier, I'll post it sos I can look coolz in frontz of mah buddies. As far as the rest of your opinionated post, it's obvious that we have different ideas. But if you can't see that Harry had a few great moments this year, then that's your fault. You're the one who is wrong in 80% of what you have to say. Hell you even contradict yourself in your post about Matty's deep ball, saying in 2008 it was effective. Are you saying he's regressed? That he can't do it anymore? What exactly makes MM a qualified OC, I think he's an atrocity, worse than Gregg Knapp.

This will be my last response to you, time to grow up child, learn something about this game and stop ranting on people, makes you look bad.

Last edited by the_dark_knight : 02-01-2011 at 09:03 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:50 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:

I read somewhere that the route was actually designed to be a stop route/jump ball in the endzone, cause Larry's going to win that 9/10 times. So, we don't know what play was called, and we don't know anything as far as if it was late/on time all we know is it resulted in a touchdown...

P.S.
If you guys all think Jenkins is fine on the outside we're going to have to agree to disagree. Without a #2 WR who can put fear in the defense and not allow teams to double Roddy every single play. Jenkins has had 1 on 1 coverage for most of the last 2 years, and still doesn't have a 100 yard game. You think he's serviceable still? Then you're just wrong

As far as Bama goes, just because YOU'VE never seen him listed at 225 doesn't mean he was never listed there, I saw it, I know it, and he still doesn't have a slight frame. Oh boy, I found a picture of a guy twisting just right doing what models do to make themselves look skinnier, I'll post it sos I can look coolz in frontz of mah buddies. As far as the rest of your opinionated post, it's obvious that we have different ideas. But if you can't see that Harry had a few great moments this year, then that's your fault. You're the one who is wrong in 80% of what you have to say. Hell you even contradict yourself in your post about Matty's deep ball, saying in 2008 it was effective. Are you saying he's regressed? That he can't do it anymore? What exactly makes MM a qualified OC, I think he's an atrocity, worse than Gregg Knapp.

This will be my last response to you, time to grow up child, learn something about this game and stop ranting on people, makes you look bad.
You get offended too easily.

I can post any picture of Michael Jenkins and he will look relatively thin. He's not a twig, he's definitely not huge though. I have been a stat junky for years, I have never seen him listed at that weight. But his listed weight is really not the important thing. It's that our second receiver, who should be a threat with his size and speed, is not a threat at all.

Harry looked horrible this season.

First you say my post was opinionated, now I'm wrong on 80% of what I have to say...? I could say the same for you and be much more correct, but considering neither of us know for sure (on who is right) that would be pointless.

I never contradicted myself. I was very impressed with Matt's deep ball as a rookie and have since been disappointed by it. Yes, I would say his downfield accuracy has degressed, and coupled with Michael Turner's decreased effectiveness that results in our offensive attack being held back.

Mularkey is worse than Greg Knapp? You HAVE to be kidding. That's not even debatable.

Child? Learn something about this game? lol

Old 02-01-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
I think the point is we don't really have the luxury of spending big at TE and CB. Anyway, I'll disagree on Breaston. I don't think we need a number two receiver. We need a number target. Leave Jenkins on the outside. Let him run that signature sideline route and post route all day. We just need someone who can make plays for us in between the numbers.

I mean if we we were to address the need of an outside WR, fine. But that's not our main priority IMO. We need someone to be a better version of what Harry Douglas was in 08.
Agreed and agreed.

Jenkins is useful (our O fell off significantly in that little patch without him, remember), but he has clear limitations. We need a YAC-monster in the slot, especially given the nature of our ball-control offense.

Rag on Mularkey all you want, but I bet the relative absence of risky deep balls comes straight from Smitty.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
I was just responding to the fact that people were asking for Larry Fitzgerald on here. He is a very big deep threat target, but Matt Ryan has no deep ball.

It was the same kind of throw he couldn't make all year, doesn't matter if it's in the pro bowl or not. Don't say it was designed to be like that, because Larry (just like Jenkins in packer game) beat his man and it should not be a jump ball. The CB shouldn't even be close.

Also, Doesn't matter if you saw Jenkins listed at 225 (which i doubt), the point still stands. We need someone who is more effective inside the numbers.

P.S- Just because you don't agree with someone, it doesn't mean you know what you are talking about. We can have a good discussion, but don't call people kids because they don't think the way you do, and don't say they're drunk and whatever, or I will have to delete your well thought off posts.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-01-2011, 03:23 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
I was just responding to the fact that people were asking for Larry Fitzgerald on here. He is a very big deep threat target, but Matt Ryan has no deep ball.

It was the same kind of throw he couldn't make all year, doesn't matter if it's in the pro bowl or not. Don't say it was designed to be like that, because Larry (just like Jenkins in packer game) beat his man and it should not be a jump ball. The CB shouldn't even be close.
I personally don't think that they were similar at all. Matt doesn't have a laser deep ball, but someone like Fitzgerald is perfect for him, because Ryan's deep ball is accurate. It's just he doesn't really have the cannon to consistently out throw a DB, but he can put it in a spot for his WR to win every time. And that's something Jenkins is completely incapable of.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
I personally don't think that they were similar at all. Matt doesn't have a laser deep ball, but someone like Fitzgerald is perfect for him, because Ryan's deep ball is accurate. It's just he doesn't really have the cannon to consistently out throw a DB, but he can put it in a spot for his WR to win every time. And that's something Jenkins is completely incapable of.
He didn't really show accuracy with his deep ball this year. He would either throw it too hard, or too soft. He missed a lot of wide open targets like that.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-01-2011, 04:16 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
He didn't really show accuracy with his deep ball this year. He would either throw it too hard, or too soft. He missed a lot of wide open targets like that.

Not enough of a sample size I think.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Not enough of a sample size I think.
Well then there wouldn't be enough for your argument either would it? I guess we're just going on opinion right now.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-01-2011, 04:25 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Well then there wouldn't be enough for your argument either would it? I guess we're just going on opinion right now.
Previous years and college. I'm not saying it was impressive this year, but I'm not going to pretend he can't throw a deep ball because it wasn't that good in an very limited sample size this year.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:42 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

On a different subject, I'm pretty excited for the development of Spoon. Just watching Von Miller and all the love he got at the Senior Bowl... Spoon's that same type of playmaker. He started off the year with 8, 9, then 7 tackles.

After his injury though, he didn't come back as strong and only really played in the nickel. And I felt as if he was noticeably hampered by the injury. Cannot wait to see the kid play next year. He's someone Van Gorder is going to feel comfortable blitzing (we've seen it when he's in the game) Could explode big time for us next year.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:05 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you guys make me smile