Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-31-2011, 11:23 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I hate to say it, Duke can still win a ship. They played pretty bad in The Garden but tbh, even though St.Johns has looked horrible at times, when they are at there best, they are a very good team. Tons of seniors and a staff that has panned out really well for them.

You guys know this is college basketball, nobody will be going undefeated in the regular season. There are 3-4 teams that I look at as national champs and they are Kansas & Duke (who are more obvious choices) and then the sleepers Texas & Michigan State who has looked terrible this year but has the players and the coach to win.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:45 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
As much as I hate to say it, Duke can still win a ship. They played pretty bad in The Garden but tbh, even though St.Johns has looked horrible at times, when they are at there best, they are a very good team. Tons of seniors and a staff that has panned out really well for them.

You guys know this is college basketball, nobody will be going undefeated in the regular season. There are 3-4 teams that I look at as national champs and they are Kansas & Duke (who are more obvious choices) and then the sleepers Texas & Michigan State who has looked terrible this year but has the players and the coach to win.
LOLZ @ MSU. They flat out stink this year.

OSU will pwn you all.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:50 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean you look at States record and your like yeah wtf they should have like 3 losses, I don't even know what the problem is but I am saying if they happen to make the tourney they could make a run. Ohio State is very solid but they have flaws as well, the PG play hasn't always been good but if Sullinger can put that team on his back come tourney time then yeah I guess them too but I think they will choke.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:14 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
I mean you look at States record and your like yeah wtf they should have like 3 losses, I don't even know what the problem is but I am saying if they happen to make the tourney they could make a run. Ohio State is very solid but they have flaws as well, the PG play hasn't always been good but if Sullinger can put that team on his back come tourney time then yeah I guess them too but I think they will choke.
PG play? Craft is a stud.

The biggest issue is lack of big men. A tall team will give OSU fits. Sullinger is a stud, but he isn't exactly a giant. I fear tall teams in the bracket in the tourney.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:36 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quick question for anyone....Ryan Rossiter of Siena, does he have any pro potential? Could he sneak into the back half of a weak draft?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:57 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wally Judge has ledt the K-State program.is there a bigger disappointment
Old 01-31-2011, 09:52 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Texas just has the look of possibly the top team in the nation. They are just so deep and play awesome defense. Also Jordan Hamilton is a bonafide consistent scorer, then the youngins like Tristan and Joseph and capable of blowing up at any time, not to mention J'Covan. Gary Johnson and Balbay are your perfect veteran leadership glue guys. Jai Lucas and Wangmene as your 7th and 8th off the bench is pretty crazy. Losing Dexter Pittman actually helped the team D and overall athleticism. If Avery Bradley had stayed this would be far and away the best team in the country.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:12 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Texas just has the look of possibly the top team in the nation. They are just so deep and play awesome defense. Also Jordan Hamilton is a bonafide consistent scorer, then the youngins like Tristan and Joseph and capable of blowing up at any time, not to mention J'Covan. Gary Johnson and Balbay are your perfect veteran leadership glue guys. Jai Lucas and Wangmene as your 7th and 8th off the bench is pretty crazy. Losing Dexter Pittman actually helped the team D and overall athleticism. If Avery Bradley had stayed this would be far and away the best team in the country.
They are good. They are not great, IMO. Still don't mesh as well as a team should. I got to see them live when they lost to UConn. There were moments when they played awesomely, but they had a ton of mental mistakes.

I also don't think they know how to run a defense like a mature team. Lots of silly fouls and mental mistakes.

That said, they are light years better than last year. A lot of those guys hated each other, and it showed on the court.

Their defense might mature enough by the tourney. They will make a good run, but I don't see them winning it all.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:35 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take the Ohio State Sullingers as the best team.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:00 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ricardo Ledo is back on the market.

#2 Duke Blue Devils (10-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

\m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/
Old 02-01-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My elite teams, in no particular order:
Texas
Kansas
Ohio State

Overrated:
Pitt
UConn
Duke
Notre Dame
BYU (sorry Jimmer)

Favorite bracket busters (March upset picks):
Marquette
St. Johns
Michigan
Baylor

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:07 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
My elite teams, in no particular order:
Texas
Kansas
Ohio State

Overrated:
Pitt
UConn
Duke
Notre Dame
BYU (sorry Jimmer)

Favorite bracket busters (March upset picks):
Marquette
St. Johns
Michigan
Baylor
St. Johns has to win almost all of the rest of their games in order to make the tourney. They are a long shot.

I love the rest of your bracket busters. I think UM is turning into a damn good team. May hand OSU their first loss Thursday night.

Marquette impresses me, but I was shocked at how they choked away that Louisville game.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:49 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Purdue at Wisconsin starting soon, should be a great game

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 02-01-2011, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wally Judge is leaving Kansas State. I've heard Rutgers might have a very good shot at him. How I love thee, Mike Rice.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 02-01-2011 at 09:45 PM.
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:55 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Very exciting Purdue @ Wisconsin game. Both teams played well. First half, Wisconsin wasn't hitting field goals and Purdue was turning the ball over, but 2nd half, both teams came out 100% and it made for an exciting finish.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 02-01-2011, 08:59 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Georgetown is a sleeper pick who could clame out in the early rounds or make a final 4 run depending on their outside shooting. There might not be a better or more experienced guard trio in the country in Jason Clark, Austin Freeman, and Chris Wright. Julian Vaughn is one of the tougher inteiror players in the Big East but he has major foul problem issues. Sims and Liubick are decent inside and Hollis Thompson, Benimon, Sanford, and Starks are all players capable of having good games. Guard play carries you in March and no guard trio has stability like Georgetown.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
I love the rest of your bracket busters. I think UM is turning into a damn good team. May hand OSU their first loss Thursday night.
Don't be ridiculous.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:15 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Georgetown is a sleeper pick who could clame out in the early rounds or make a final 4 run depending on their outside shooting. There might not be a better or more experienced guard trio in the country in Jason Clark, Austin Freeman, and Chris Wright. Julian Vaughn is one of the tougher inteiror players in the Big East but he has major foul problem issues. Sims and Liubick are decent inside and Hollis Thompson, Benimon, Sanford, and Starks are all players capable of having good games. Guard play carries you in March and no guard trio has stability like Georgetown.
Not really a sleeper since they are ranked and beat some good teams in the Big East.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Don't be ridiculous.
St. Johns over Duke? Ridiculous!!!!!!! I agree though because the game is in Ohio and I would be shocked if a totally over matched Michigan came up with the upset on the road. Those wins are almost always reserved for home teams.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 02-02-2011, 08:27 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Al Nolen is absolutely everything to the Gophers. Not having him makes us painful to watch.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:31 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

let's go rutgers! let's beat the johnnies!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:35 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate everything.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:42 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Morris Twins+T-Rob >>>>>>> You
Old 02-02-2011, 08:47 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know about stability, granted for the most part I've watched them against 'Nova but Chris Wright is really inconsistent and makes a lot of mental mistakes. Freeman's solid though and has been pretty consistent for a scoring guard. Clark's a really good third guard but again is up and down. Wright would really worry me as a Georgetown fan though, not sure how stable he is.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:05 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Iowa-MSU on right now.

It's already 30-10...sigh...

Wait, we're winning? Wtf...

Well, we're on fire + MSU not playing D + MSU can't buy a basket. MSU will trim it to under 10 before half, and then will come out on like a 20-5 run to start the 2nd half. Oh well...
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote