Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-25-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGahee View Post
QB- Tom Brady -Do you want to compete and have a proven player who can win the big game for you? Or a popular, talented passer?
DE- Juleus Peppers -A consistend pass rush will cut the opposing QBs decision time in half
DT- Tommie Harris - See DE
CB - Champ Bailey -Shuts down half of the field, leaving 10 guys to cover the other half
LT - Jason Peters -Young, athletic, strong, give him a few years and he will be one of the premier OTs in the league

Since RBs are a dime a dozen I chose to leave them off, but it was very hard to pass on LT.

Anyways, with my defense you are almost guaranteed to be in the QBs face every passing down with Tommie Harris and Juleus Peppers. Champ shuts out half of the field leaving the QB with one less target, a stacked defense blanketing the other side of the field, and a pass rush consisting of Tommie Harris and Juleus Peppers coming right at him.

My offense revolved around Tom Brady who has proven he can win without WRs, as well as Peters opening holes and stuffing the end on the left side.
I agree with all five positions, as I believe those five are the most important. I'd be more inclined to select John Henderson for defensive tackle, though.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

runnin a 3 - 4 defense

1. nose tackle- casey hampton / jammall williams
2. left tackle - d'brick
3. qb - ben roethlisberger (this is my team i get to do what i want)
4. 3 - 4 olb - merriman
5. other side olb - demarcus ware

with merriman and ware commin in every time, you dont even need great corners since the qb will have about half a second to throw the ball
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

QB: Peyton Manning
LT: Jamaal Brown
DE: Michael Strahan
CB: Champ Bailey
DT: John Henderson
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I agree with all five positions, as I believe those five are the most important. I'd be more inclined to select John Henderson for defensive tackle, though.
Pfft, homer.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB - Manning
DT - Henderson
MLB - Urlacher
DE - Peppers
CB - Bailey
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

I'll give it a shot:

1) LT-- Someone to protect the blindside of a QB is a must. I'd go with Walter Jones, Seattle, but I would strongly consider Ferguson from the JETS, just because of his youth and ridiculous upside.

2) QB-- Tom Brady, no explanation needed I would think. I give Brady the edge over Manning because Brady seems better at protecting the ball in big games.

3) DT-- An underrated position, but a big, mauling DT can really do a lot for a defense. I'd take John Henderson from Jacksonville.

4) DE-- Pass rush is a huge part of the game. I'll take Julius Peppers, Carolina.

5) CB-- There may not be such a thing as a "shut down CB" left in the NFL, but if there is, his name is Champ Bailey. Bailey gets the nod here.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Boltbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Even considering age I wouldn't take him. NEWS FLASH, D'Brickashaw Ferguson is better.

Ooh, must say NO WAY to this! D'Brick, while very solid, did not have the rookie season McNeill did. I actually really wanted the Chargers to get him, but now I just LOVE me some BIG MAC! All 6'8", 336 of him.

Last edited by Boltbaby : 03-25-2007 at 09:46 PM. Reason: addition
Old 03-25-2007, 10:17 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by excanuck View Post
A kicker??
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3iBrQoT7n...elated&search=

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB-Bulger
CB- Champ
CB- Ty Law (3 years ago)
DT-Tommie Harris
DE-Peppers
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:02 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

such videos should be banned

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk View Post
such videos should be banned
lol, some of them actually were. Search Matt Bryant and at the top it'll be a video of his kick in Madden, because the guy claims that the NFL revoked his real game video......

They didn't ban 'em all though :D

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Jagonsucker
Rookie

Jagonsucker needs more cowbell.

LT- D'brick Ferguson
QB- Tom Brady
DE- Julius Peppers
MLB- Vilma
FS- Ed Reed
Jagonsucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

LT- D'Brickashaw Ferguson
QB- Carson Palmer
DT- Tommie Harris
OC- Nick Mangold
RB- Ladanian Tomlinson
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:43 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
lol, some of them actually were. Search Matt Bryant and at the top it'll be a video of his kick in Madden, because the guy claims that the NFL revoked his real game video......

They didn't ban 'em all though :D
The guy claims it? It is probably true. I had an account on Youtube, and I uploaded a Michael Vick highlight, and a highlight of the Atlanta-Carolina game that I made on Youtube...They found the ATL-CAR highlight and took it off and warned me about copyright infringement. I didnt bother taking out the other one, and they found it and banned my account. lol.

I really want to play Madden and start a fantasy draft.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lt
Qb
Cb
De
Rb

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:36 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For me, I'd probably go with a Tampa 2 defense, and I feel every good offense must have a great OL and QB, hence, my 5 positions are:

QB - The leader of the offense, the QB should be able to make those around him better and get what needs to be done on the offensive side of the ball done.

LT - One of the two anchors of any great OL, the LT should be the best athlete on your OL, capable of both run and pass blocking with great proficiency.

C - The other of the two anchors of any great OL, the C should be a good athlete, but also a great technician and capable of reading a defensive front well enough to make the right blocking calls/adjustments.

DT - Since my team is going to be running the Tampa 2 scheme, the dominating 3-tech UT disrupting the middle of the opposing offensive front is crucial to the success of my defense.

S - Again, since my team is running the Tampa 2, a ballhawk and playmaker with speed and range is needed at the safety position.

That being said, my players of choice for these positions are:

QB - Peyton Manning - He's got a few great years left, enough for my team to be competitive for nearly a decade with him starting at QB. Combine that with the fact that he's the best QB in the NFL, and this becomes a no brainer.

LT - D'Brickashaw Ferguson - Young cornerstone for my OL who will keep Manning's blindside protected and is athletic enough to do whatever is required of him.

C - Jeff Saturday - Tough call between the two Cs of the Super Bowl teams, but Saturday gets the nod due to working with Manning already and being the better technician of the two.

DT - Tommie Harris - Young dominant 3-tech UT that will anchor my defense for a very long time.

S - Ed Reed - There is no better safety in the NFL, and he has quite a few good years left in him. Definitely a playmaker and would greatly help my defense at a key position.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Last edited by Dam8610 : 03-26-2007 at 01:45 AM.
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:52 AM    (permalink
Oaktown1981
Veteran

Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.

CB - C.Bailey
CB - N.Asomugha
FS - E.Reed
SS - M.Huff
DE - J.Peppers
Oaktown1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:57 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB - Carson Palmer
LT - Jammal Brown
DE - Julius Peppers
CB - Champ Bailey
DT - John Henderson

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:59 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

QB Tom Brady (Patriots)
- A proven winner. He plays well regardless of what talent he has around him, just look at last season. I would want my team to win some championships, and this is a guy who has three rings at age 29.

LT Jammal Brown (Saints)
- The next elite Left Tackle in the NFL. He was a First team All-Pro and was named a Pro Bowl starter (missed game w/ injury) in only his second year in the league, and his first playing LT. At just 25 years old, I would take Brown over any other offensive lineman in the league for the next 5+ years.

RB Steven Jackson (Rams)
- A top-5 RB in the NFL, and in my opinion the best running back not named LT or Larry Johnson. He is a workhorse who does everything well, and he is only 23 years old. This guy is going to be really good for a really long time.

CB Rashean Mathis (Jaguars)
- No, I haven't lost my mind. I know Champ Bailey is far and away the best cornerback in the league. But if you notice a trend, everybody I've picked is pretty young. Bailey probably has 3-4 great years left in him, but he's been in the league for 8 years, whereas Mathis has only been in the league for 4. In my opinion, Mathis is already the best corner in the league after Champ, and he still hasn't reached his prime.

MLB DeMeco Ryans (Texans)
- Only 22 years old, he's a leader on defense with excellent intangibles. A very smart player and very hard worker. I was pretty high on him this time last year, but I never expected him to be this good. He's not the flashiest guy in the league but he gets the job done. He is exactly the type of player I would want leading my defense for the next 10 years.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1.QB
2.LT
3.DT
4.WR
5.CB

You have a star at all five you are going to be winning alot of ball games IMO.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1.QB- Carson Palmer= I think he is the best QB in the NFL when healthy.

2.CB- Chris McAlister= IMO the best CB in the game at being able to cover and support the run.

3.WR- Chad Johnson= The best WR in the NFL, just plain awesome.

4.OT- Jonathan Ogden= The best OT arguably in the history of the NFL

5.MLB- Ray Lewis= Makes every player around him better, greatest motivator Ive ever seen, and the best Defensive player Ive ever seen.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB- Jay Cutler
LT- D-Brick
DE- Peppers
CB- Champ
MLB- DeMeco Ryans

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
1.QB- Carson Palmer= I think he is the best QB in the NFL when healthy.

2.CB- Chris McAlister= IMO the best CB in the game at being able to cover and support the run.

3.WR- Chad Johnson= The best WR in the NFL, just plain awesome.

4.OT- Jonathan Ogden= The best OT arguably in the history of the NFL

5.MLB- Ray Lewis= Makes every player around him better, greatest motivator Ive ever seen, and the best Defensive player Ive ever seen.
Looks more like the All-AFC East Team if you ask me. You are supposed to be building a team, and a lot of those guys are in the downside of their careers.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

my first 5 players for a teasm would be

Carson Palmer
Chad Johnson
Ladainain Tomlinson
Champ Bailey
Ed reed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Looks more like the All-AFC East Team if you ask me. You are supposed to be building a team, and a lot of those guys are in the downside of their careers.
being that all those players are in the AFC North, your comment makes absolutely no sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote