Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-25-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Bears sign two

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2812251

I've been pusing for Anthony Adams for a while now. He's got starting experience and should be a great fit in the cover 2. With the return of Dusty Dvorack that should fill the loss of Scott (likely to go to Atlanta) just fine and personally I hope puts Tank on a VERY short leash.

The re-signing of Reuben Brown was a smart one. It takes guard off of the first day need list IMO (no Ben Grubbs) and keeps our O-line in tact.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....ears-headlines

Signed Steelers safety Tyrone Carter too.

Old 03-25-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking like either Tackle or WR for us early on in this draft...

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
Looking like either Tackle or WR for us early on in this draft...
Yeah those were my top two needs regardless of these signings. I could see TE at #37 if they are really impressed by Miller or Patrick.

And of course the Lance Briggs situation bears more monitoring. I like Beason and Timmons at #31 depending on who else is available.

Either way, our starting lineup is now set depending on Briggs, and we've got two early picks (possibly more again depending on Briggs) to bolster the team.

Old 03-25-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bears still need to find themselves a capable QB :)

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
And the Packers still need to find a way not to suck... :D

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:45 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't like the bears.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....ears-headlines

Signed Steelers safety Tyrone Carter too.

carter is a good back up
i liked it when he ran around with those dreads
ill miss him
Old 03-25-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

Good luck to Anthony Adams (aka "Double A") in Chicago. He was a cool, funny guy with SF, just too small to play NT in the 3-4. He's always been a high effort kind of guy, hopefully Bears fans will enjoy watching him play.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl9erfan View Post
Good luck to Anthony Adams (aka "Double A") in Chicago. He was a cool, funny guy with SF, just too small to play NT in the 3-4. He's always been a high effort kind of guy, hopefully Bears fans will enjoy watching him play.
I think he's the perfect fit for the tampa 2, which is why I've been pushing for him for a while.

Old 03-25-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
I really don't like the bears.
And I really don't like you, or the Vikings, or the Twins. ;)

Old 03-25-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adams should make a good backup, CHI needs one

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

You don't think they will take an Arron Sears, Josh Beekman, Manuel Ramirez, or Tim Duckworth in round 2 or 3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
You don't think they will take an Arron Sears, Josh Beekman, Manuel Ramirez, or Tim Duckworth in round 2 or 3?
No... if a guard is drafted, it will be one who is good at pulling and play LG. Ben Grubbs at 31 is a possibly pick, but if a WR like Dwayne Bowe or Jarret is there I think they would be the pick. But I could easily see Grubbs and Rice go back-to-back.

Old 03-25-2007, 10:01 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
And I really don't like you, or the Vikings, or the Twins. ;)
Well fine...Still though, this was a guy I had hoped would sign with the Vikes and with Scott likely to go to ATL, I am just pissed.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
Well fine...Still though, this was a guy I had hoped would sign with the Vikes and with Scott likely to go to ATL, I am just pissed.
ahh... music to my ears, or should I say eyes? :D

Old 03-25-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
They have a man by the name of Brian Griese, but they still have yet to understand his capability.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:37 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
I think he's the perfect fit for the tampa 2, which is why I've been pushing for him for a while.
Haha, I just like how when you say "I've been pushing for him" it makes it sound like you were somehow partially responsible for the signing... even though, you know, you had nothing at all to do with it.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:59 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post
Haha, I just like how when you say "I've been pushing for him" it makes it sound like you were somehow partially responsible for the signing... even though, you know, you had nothing at all to do with it.
Us history grad students have sway at Halas Hall beyond your comprehension.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:09 AM    (permalink
evershot
Rookie

evershot hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Can Adams play the undertackle position in the Tampa 2?
evershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:15 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good moves for depth purposes.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evershot View Post
Can Adams play the undertackle position in the Tampa 2?
I think so. He was terribly out of position in San Fran. He could porbably play either tackle position in a Tampa 2. I had wondered myself why this guy wasn't getting more attention on the open market.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:56 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Us history grad students have sway at Halas Hall beyond your comprehension.
Son of a... well, I need a reference for a job at this swanky restaurant downtown... little help?
Old 03-26-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

DAMN! I wanted Adams in black and gold.

There aren't many young quality DT's left on the market worth signing. Kindal Moorehead is the only one that comes to mind. Is Ian Scott still unsigned?
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
They have a man by the name of Brian Griese, but they still have yet to understand his capability.
One might argue that they fully understand.