Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 02-07-2011, 09:35 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Just stop. I don't care what Douglas was in college. He wasn't explosive for the Atlanta Falcons in 2011. Michael Turner isn't as explosive as he used to be. That's evidenced by having by far his lowest ypc of his career in 2011.
Coming off a major knee injury...give me a break you are pathetic.
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dark_knight View Post
Coming off a major knee injury...give me a break you are pathetic.
He's still going into his 4th year of NFL, and you're looking back at his college career. From now on, he's always going to be post knee surgery HD, so that's not gonna change and he might never be the same.

BTW knee surgery shouldn't have any effect on his fingers, just saying.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 05:10 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
You might be right. I didn't watch enough college football this year. Dude looked great at the Senior Bowl and what I've seen up to this season though.
Yeah, he definitely got some praise at the Senior Bowl.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:18 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
He's still going into his 4th year of NFL, and you're looking back at his college career. From now on, he's always going to be post knee surgery HD, so that's not gonna change and he might never be the same.

BTW knee surgery shouldn't have any effect on his fingers, just saying.
You're right, he did have a problem with drops, but it didn't make him less explosive, which is his primary talent.

You like to put your spin on it thought I see, saying 4 years, even though he's only just completed his 2nd year in the league. His rookie season showed some promise, then he got hurt, was out last year, and then was recovering all year this year until the end of the year. Ask, TD, he commented on it. So, you can call it his 4th year, but as far as actually playing goes, he just completed his 2nd year. You guys are all about smashing HD, but just like I saw people slamming Weems last year, he's going to stick.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:12 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what does everything think of Randal Cobb for the falcons in like round 3?
Old 02-08-2011, 08:32 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
I heard he's quite the burner, I didn't watch him at all this year, so I'm not qualified
Old 02-08-2011, 08:55 AM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'd love him in the 3rd if we dont draft a WR in the 1st 2 rounds.
dude is a baller!

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:42 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, Erik Coleman is going to get cut. It's a money thing. I'd love to have him back at a cheaper salary in a backup role.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coleman is a starter but not on our team, just doesn't make enough plays. He should go back to playing FS.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-08-2011, 10:08 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Coleman is a starter but not on our team, just doesn't make enough plays. He should go back to playing FS.
him and his wife come and shops at my work all the time. Wife is smokin but i dont look much cause he looks like he could rip me in 2..

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:46 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Fwiw, although I'm not sure we would be willing to take a back in round 2, my favorite back for us in this draft class is Shane Vareen. He's a glider.
Agreed. Let's not pass up California players. They could turn out like Marshawn Lynch and beast the Saints or like DeSean Jackson/Aaron Rodgers and beast the Falcons.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:01 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Vareen is a solid player, but I don't think he's what we need.

However, there is 1 Cal player that could be awesome on our squad...Cam Jordan.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Can't rule out both of them either. I'm sure we'd make DeCoud happy.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-09-2011, 08:50 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

I don't think we can really rule anyone out at this point. But I'm wondering about our Missouri connection we've got going, and I wonder how much time we've spent looking at Aldon Smith. I know we want pass rush, and that guy seems extremely explosive.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:52 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post

I'd love him in the 3rd if we dont draft a WR in the 1st 2 rounds.
dude is a baller!
Dude looks crazy fast, but how much of a football player is he?
Old 02-09-2011, 09:07 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dark_knight View Post
Dude looks crazy fast, but how much of a football player is he?
He is verstile started his career at QB, then moved to WR, also got some carries in the backfield. He could be our Percy Harvin/Reggie Bush type of player.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:27 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
He is verstile started his career at QB, then moved to WR, also got some carries in the backfield. He could be our Percy Harvin/Reggie Bush type of player.
Love that idea, but if he was that good, why did he go to Kentucky, and why hasn't there been a lot of press on him yet?
Old 02-09-2011, 10:47 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There has, you must not pay attention. He's very highly reguarded in the SEC.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:54 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

If you follow the SEC closely then you know who he is. He hasnt got the national press bc he plays for Kentucky. I dont even know his stats, but he started at QB as a freshman and prouced at all levels. If they would have won more games he would have got more press.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:32 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
If you follow the SEC closely then you know who he is. He hasnt got the national press bc he plays for Kentucky. I dont even know his stats, but he started at QB as a freshman and prouced at all levels. If they would have won more games he would have got more press.
That's what I figured. I'm not an SEC head, I really like good football no matter where it comes from and the SEC generally feels overly inflated.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think alot of you are over exaggerating his speed. He has no near the speed Percy and Reggie have. Hes a very good player and athlete but I would say his speed is elite like DeSean, Reggie etc.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we should target free agents at WR and DE:

Charles Johnson is a young, talented DE and is inclined to play in the state of Georgia. Matthias Kiwanuka could team up with his BC teammate and Ray Edwards would be a perfect fit at LE.

Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards would be fantastic compliments to Roddy White. As the Packers showed, having multiple dynamic weapons can make the passing game much easier. Imagine if Roddy White had more freedom from double teams. But there are also other good, middle tier options like Malcolm Floyd and James Jones.

Then in the draft focus on adding play-makers and speed in whatever order.

Last edited by Shiver : 02-10-2011 at 05:32 PM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:35 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards would be fantastic compliments to Roddy White.
Character, character, character.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:08 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

There's really only 1 option in Free Agency for a WR...Breaston. As far as character goes.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Randall Cobb has received a ton of press in 2010. He's more quick then speed, but he has a lot of both. Most of all he is very versatile and he can get us some YAC. Oh and his character is good too.

I would love either him or Derrick Locke, or both, ****.

Quote:
we all hate you