Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 02-09-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Several former Eagles are now in the fold as coaches:

Mike Zordich is now the Safeties coach. Mike Caldwell is now the LB coach. Duce Staley is the RB coach. Doug Pederson is the QB coach.

Zordich was a technician who got by on anticipation and technique when he was a player. I think he can only help the development of the

Caldwell had 2 years under JJ as a player and worked on sub packages. I recall him being a sound tackler and understood the timing on blitzes well. He will be a strong addition.

Pederson was destined to be a coach from the start. Reid mentored him in GB and made him the starter in 1999. He knows the Holmgren/Reid WCO very well, and he knows plenty about being a QB in terms of mechanics and footwork.

Staley was always a heady player. He knows the Reid offense and what is expected. Adding him as a mentor to Shady will only help.

I like that these former players are in position specific roles for the team. It shows that Reid is refilling the pipeline. He has lost so many coaches already to OC/DC and HC roles, he needs to continue to recruit the appropriate talent.
I saw that Deuce was more of a quality control coach, but perhaps my reports I read were wrong, either way though, he isn't really an "addition" (he was here last year as a coaching intern), so he is just moving up in the organization. Its nice that he is sticking around and will be able to help Shady and the other RBs even more.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 02:06 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...g-pass-rusher/

Unfair. I loved Phillip Hunt coming out. Him and Brandon Graham is just too much of teh sex.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With all the DLine talent and Washburn, the Eagles have to improve defensively this year...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
With all the DLine talent and Washburn, the Eagles have to improve defensively this year...
I do expect a marked jump in the level of play of the defense, as long as they can stay healthy. Remember, we didn't really see the secondary as anywhere near as big an issue until Nate Allen was injured (also helped mask that our front 4 weren't getting enough pressure on QBs). He helped cover up some of the issues at LCB last year, despite being a rookieWith Washburn, I expect the DL to improve, Bradley will be fully healed, as well as the rest of the LB corp having more experience. If Nate Allen recovers well, he should improve as he has his rookie year behind him.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:31 AM    (permalink
Zello
Rookie

Zello is a cocksman.Zello is a cocksman.Zello is a cocksman.Zello is a cocksman.Zello is a cocksman.

The problem wasn't that Nate Allen was injured - it was simply because Dimitri Patterson was pressed into service. This man simply does not have the physical talent to be a starting cornerback in the NFL. The Eagles will only improve on defense next year if they either draft a CB in the 1st or 2nd round of the draft OR sign an impact free agent CB.
Zello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:29 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zello View Post
The problem wasn't that Nate Allen was injured - it was simply because Dimitri Patterson was pressed into service. This man simply does not have the physical talent to be a starting cornerback in the NFL. The Eagles will only improve on defense next year if they either draft a CB in the 1st or 2nd round of the draft OR sign an impact free agent CB.
I'm not saying his injury was the problem, but while he was healthy, he helped mask the issues that were present at the LCB position, and as soon as he went down, his security blanket in Allen was gone and it exposed him more. I am fully aware of the gaping hole at LCB, but Allen helped mask it and made up for the deficiencies there while he was in.

Old 02-26-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
tenorx
Rookie

tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.

What do you guys think of the role of Brandon Graham next season? He disappointed me so far, and the ACL is also a big questin mark for him and now the signing of Hunt, I don't know how much playtime he'll get.
"Not only is Polamalu the best player in the AFC North, but I feel he's the best defensive player in the entire NFL. No defender in the league combines world-class athleticism, smarts, fundamentals, natural football instincts and the knack for big plays better than Polamalu."
tenorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if he'll be 100% at all next season, but I'm excited to see what Jim Washburn does with him when he can play. Also, what does Phillip Hunt have to do with how much PT Graham gets? Hunt is far from a lock to make the roster, let alone start.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:21 PM    (permalink
tenorx
Rookie

tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.

Hunt? I just find it strange that the FO keeps bringing in more and more DEs :)
"Not only is Polamalu the best player in the AFC North, but I feel he's the best defensive player in the entire NFL. No defender in the league combines world-class athleticism, smarts, fundamentals, natural football instincts and the knack for big plays better than Polamalu."
tenorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:51 AM    (permalink
Zello
Rookie

Zello is a cocksman.Zello is a cocksman.Zello is a cocksman.Zello is a cocksman.Zello is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenorx View Post
Hunt? I just find it strange that the FO keeps bringing in more and more DEs :)
The Eagles desperately want to have what other 4-3 teams have: i.e. a decent pass rush with just four guys up front.

They're just trying to throw s*** against the wall and see what sticks. That's why they've drafted like 50 billion DEs in the past few years and signed 30 million more. Eventually, they hope, one of these guys will work out.
Zello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:45 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Getting pressure with just 4 is a good thing to have, but it's not the only thing. These same DLinemen also have to hold up against the run. While I would certainly like a better push up front, there are multiple areas where the Eagles could improve, from CB to LB to G to C to RT. There are a lot of options out there.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Bigp5437
Rookie

Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

*checks thread pulse*

Helloooooooooooooooooo

Any new developments out there? Feelings about the lockout, especially pertaining to our draft? Where is everybody :(
Old 03-15-2011, 02:23 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigp5437 View Post
*checks thread pulse*

Helloooooooooooooooooo

Any new developments out there? Feelings about the lockout, especially pertaining to our draft? Where is everybody :(
Not really any news that I've heard of, at least pertaining to the Eagles anyway. I'm hoping they can get the lockout figured out before the draft comes (not expecting it though) so everyone can move on, do some FA work, and nail the draft. With no major personnell changes allowed, the team needs still remain the same, I'm hoping we can land a top O-linemen or CB, but we'll see.

Old 03-23-2011, 04:50 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reid's saying there's a first on the table for Kolb.

I am dumbfounded that any GM could be that stupid.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:09 PM    (permalink
PhillyBirds25
Rookie

PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey fellas, just daydreaming Mock scenarios and wanted to see what you guys thought of this scenario. Lets say the lockout is lifted before the draft.

We trade Kolb to Seattle for their 1st rounder #25 overall and 4th rounder. This is what I do after:

Trade our 1st #23 overall to Cincy or ARI for their 2nd and 3rd rounders (they want to trade back into the first for a QB), then I draft like this-

1. Jimmy Smith: stud
2. Stephen Paea: drops due to tearing his lateral meniscus in his right knee
2. Stefen Wisniewski: stud
3. James Carpenter: real good RT prospect who can play guard too
DeMarco Murray: explosive player who can do it all, run/catch/KR, pair him with McCoy and let them go nuts
4. K.J Wright: big SLB
4. Robert Sands :Real interesting player that can ball
4. Greg Romeus: Steal once he gets healthy
5. Deunta Williams: Drops due to injury but a real good player and I think we need 2 more safeties since the eagles will probably let Mikell walk.

Rip away!
PhillyBirds25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:15 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems like Jimmy Smith's the consensus favorite for our pick in this years draft. Who are the other guys yall wouldn't mind seeing?

I like Gabe Carimi and Akeem Ayers as alternatives if there's a big run on CB's.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:38 AM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Seems like Jimmy Smith's the consensus favorite for our pick in this years draft. Who are the other guys yall wouldn't mind seeing?

I like Gabe Carimi and Akeem Ayers as alternatives if there's a big run on CB's.
Muhammad Wilkerson can't be counted out, if available. I know we're pretty deep along the D-line but Washburn and Reid have got to be in love with this kid and he's the type of player I can almost see them wanting to trade up for.

In reality, he probably won't be available and Smith will be the pick. Either way, I'm convinced we're getting a top-10 player in this class.

Five guys I can see us picking in different rounds are Jimmy Smith, Mason Foster, DeMarcus Van Dyke, Will Rackley and Alex Green. In order to get all five by the early 4th we'd need a trade somewhere but we have the extra picks needed to do so.

Last edited by GaMeTiMe : 04-13-2011 at 06:57 PM.
GaMeTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:38 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Eagles have to take either OL or CB in the first round. No ifs, ands, or buts.

It has to be one of the following, if they stay at 23 and none of the big name guys drop into range: Jimmy Smith, Brandon Harris, Aaron Williams, Gabe Carimi, Anthony Costanzo, or Derrek Sherrod.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:33 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

I am a big fan of Carimi and Sherrod as well. In Kirwan's latest mock he has us taking Nate Solder. I would be so upset if we wasted our first round pick on that scrub.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:19 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
I am a big fan of Carimi and Sherrod as well. In Kirwan's latest mock he has us taking Nate Solder. I would be so upset if we wasted our first round pick on that scrub.
That scrub? lol.

That scrub only gave up one sack this past season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:59 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
That scrub? lol.

That scrub only gave up one sack this past season.
I hate Solder as a prospect, he's not that powerful and can't anchor. IMO he has no business being picked in the first round. I would take Sherrod over him every time, ESPECIALLY at RT. I would be extremely unhappy if that were the pick.

One sack all season? I count two sacks just from this game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_VBKVmhyAo
Old 04-14-2011, 07:42 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He had 18 knockdown/finish blocks three times (CSU, Hawai'i and Kansas State) and had 15 against the vaunted Nebraska defense, with a team-high 142 total (at least six in all 12 games). He also had 10 touchdown blocks, allowed just one quarterback sack and three pressures while being flagged for just one penalty.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1114291

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:03 AM    (permalink
PhillyBirds25
Rookie

PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhillyBirds25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Mock Draft Idea For Eagles:

Sitting at #23 we are in an unique position. 3 top names of potential draftees have been associated by most us eagles fans: Carimi, J.Smith and Paea.

Carimi might be gone by #23, but if he's not it could be a wasteful pick in the 1st RD because of the depth at RG/RT prospects in the 2nd round. Carimi is not going to come in here and start on the blind side at RT, no way. Justice played hurt last year and he just signed a big contract, that's his job. What we need is a draftee who can come in and play RG to start out his career then slide to RT if Justice is ineffective or hurt. Players like Cannon, Ijalana, Carpenter and Franklin all can play both RG and RT. These are some damn good players and it would be a shame not to take advantage of the 2nd round depth at RG/RT.

J.Smith: I've come to the conclusion if he checks out he is long gone before our pick. If he drops to #23 there is no way we touch him because that would mean there is a lot of truth behind his character issues to make such a talent drop so far. This is also a position that we will target hard and find a starter via FA whenever that is. Doesn't necessarily mean Nnamdi but we will sign a starting caliber CB opposite of Asante via FA, bank on it.

Paea is a interesting player at an interesting position. He's similar to Bunkley coming out, though Bunkley was a much more established player and prospect. Paea would be a reach at #23 and I feel he will slip into the early second of the draft. I think we need to give Bunkley and Laws a chance with Washburns coaching and new system. I think both players will shine in this new defensive scheme. Mike Patterson is another guy who needs to lose all that weight he gained, get back to the 290's and utilize that speed in Washburns new look d-line.

So we sit here at #23 overall. The phones will be ringing off the hook with teams trying to trade back in to draft a falling QB. We must take advantage of this opportunity while looking at the board (granted no big name has dropped) and seeing a guy with huge character issues, another guy a reach, and then we have Carimi which would be a misuse in proper draft strategy. Too much value in the 2nd at that position to take a guy like him in the first.

Our best trading proper could be our rival, the Washington Redskins. They can't reach and draft their QB at #10, especially with huge defensive needs. But they also can't trade back into the first with their 2nd rounder because they have no 3rd rounder. I just know Shanny loves Jake Locker and believes he's a perfect fit in his offense ala Cutler. I see the Redskins taking a stud defender or Julio Jones at #10 overall. Then I can see them trying to trade back into the first using their 2012 first rounder as bait. The skins aren't scared to make a big splash and trade away much needed picks, they also need to make sure to jump Pete Carrol and the Seahawks at #25 to secure Locker. This is where we come in. Since the Redskins don't have a 3rd or a 4th and a 2012 1st rounder for a 2011 first rounder will not cut it, they have to pony up. But they will get solid compensation back.

Draft Trades-

Eagles Trade: 1st (23), 3rd (85), 4th (120) and 2012 4th to Washington for their 2nd (41), 5th (144), 6-177 and 2012 first rounder

Since we lose a first this year we must attain more picks. So we trade back again-

Eagles Trade: 2nd (41) and 7th (227) to ATL for their 2nd (59), 3rd (91) and 6th (192)
Why: Atlanta is rumored to want to trade up to add playmakers for Matt Ryan. Trading from the bottom of the 2nd to the top allows them to select a premier playmaker that falls like Kyle Rudolph, Torrey Smith, Jonathan Baldwin or Titus Young. Losing just a late 3rd/6th is well worth the trade up.

Eagles Trade: 6th (177), 6th (192) and 2012 5th to NE for their 4th (125)
Why: Since 2006 NE has had 3 6th RD picks 3 different times which means they value multiple picks over 1 pick. They attain two 6th RD picks and a future 2012 5th rounder for a late 4th, 3 picks vs 1.

Draft-

2 (54) - Marcus Cannon - RG/RT - [2nd Options in order: Benjamin Ijalana, James Carpenter, Orlando Franklin]
2 (59) - Stefen Wisniewski - C
3 (91) - DeMarco Murray - RB - [2nd Option: Taiwan Jones]
4 (104) - K.J Wright - OLB
4 (125) - Robert Sands - S
5 (144) - Deunta Williams - S - [2nd Option: Jaiquawn Jarret]
5 (149) - Sione Fua - DT - [2nd Option: Cedric Thornton]
5 (153) - Buster Skrine - CB - [2nd Options in order: Rashad Carmichael, DeMarcus Van Dyke, Kendric Burney]
7 (comp) - Tyrod Taylor - QB - [2nd Option: Greg McElroy]
7 (comp) - Schuylar Oordt - TE

Now I know you're all looking at the first 3 picks, and they're all offense...this is why: There will be a Free Agency, so there's no way we draft a rookie 2nd RD CB then expect him to come in and start day one. There's also very little chance a rookie DT comes in and unseats our top 4 DT's (Dixon, Bunkley, Laws, Patterson). So we take advantage of the mid rounds then we attack Free Agency. We go hard after our starting CB (Nnamdi, Joseph, Marshall, Grimes, Cromartie) and we go after Jason Babin. We have plenty of money so those 2 defensive picks through FA will not be a problem. With a FA CB and DE our line and secondary is set. We re-sign Bradley and move him to SLB, Chaney to MLB, and Clayton to WLB. We can also bring 2nd tier defensive help via FA once we sign our starting CB and Babin.

Then once the lockout is lifted we trade Kolb for a future 1st and some change. In 2012 we would be looking at 3 first round picks, Washingtons should be very high as well.

Call me crazy, but this is what I'd love to pull off.

What yah think fellas?

Last edited by PhillyBirds25 : 04-20-2011 at 02:23 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:41 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^

I like your idea about trading with the Skins but the chances that Locker gets buy the Titans (8th), Vikings (12th), Dolphins (15th), Jags (16th), and Pats (via trade at 17) is slim and getting slimmer each day._
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:26 AM    (permalink
PhillyBirds25
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
^

I like your idea about trading with the Skins but the chances that Locker gets buy the Titans (8th), Vikings (12th), Dolphins (15th), Jags (16th), and Pats (via trade at 17) is slim and getting slimmer each day._
Thank you, but no way I think the Titans pick him at 8. If Vikings go QB it will be Mallet. The Phins will look to address RB with Ingram in most cases and the Jags have huge defensive needs that can be addressed with a stud like Kerrigan.

I see pick #23 has the perfect trade up spot for teams looking to jump back in for a QB because teams will want to jump Seattle at #25 but don't want to give up too much for moving up too high with a pick like #17.