Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:20 AM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Center=Tom Nalen

No brainer
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Snee. Might be the second best guard in the NFC and get no love in the pro bowl voting.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:56 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Chris Snee. Might be the second best guard in the NFC and get no love in the pro bowl voting.
I voted for him. :)
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
J24
Rookie

J24 could make a wolverine purr.J24 could make a wolverine purr.J24 could make a wolverine purr.J24 could make a wolverine purr.J24 could make a wolverine purr.J24 could make a wolverine purr.J24 could make a wolverine purr.J24 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
underrated bengals:
Madieu Williams
Jeremi Johnson
Chris Henry
Domata Peko
Justin Smith
Robert Geathers
I agree with you on Madieu and Jeremi But Chris is very respected and Justin Is good but for the price we got him at is way overated 3rd overall pick and now he is our franchise player common now. I love Peko but I am still skepticall about Geathers on weather he can play all 3 downs.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:23 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
noone else think Kyle Van dan bosch(or however the hell you spell his name) is underated?
I think he is - there was a site that made this chart with stats in less obvious categories such as hurries and QB knockdowns etc and tallied the points and he was in the top 6 or so league wide I think overall. Obviously not a end all method of comparing DE's but a sound one I think.

Although I think there are a lot of underrated DE's, particularly the bigger guys who make a huge impact on gameday but not so much on the stat sheet.

As far as the Titans go, I think Chris Hope and Michael Roos are our most underrated. Roos is a stud LT and Hope was the Titans defensive MVP last year. Bulluck I think is generally regarded fairly - not elite but very good.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
Bulluck I think is generally regarded fairly - not elite but very good.
I think I should have stated what I said better, but what you said is basically what I was trying to get at. I think he is overrated in the sense that everyone says he underrated. Some think he's the best OLB, I think I could have agreed with that a couple years ago, but I don't think his play the past 2 years warrants being labeled as that. I'll buy him as a fringe top 5 OLB, though. He's very good at what he does...he's a pursuit LB that can cover, but I don't think he plays the run well enough to justify being called "elite"
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:44 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
I think I should have stated what I said better, but what you said is basically what I was trying to get at. I think he is overrated in the sense that everyone says he underrated. Some think he's the best OLB, I think I could have agreed with that a couple years ago, but I don't think his play the past 2 years warrants being labeled as that. I'll buy him as a fringe top 5 OLB, though. He's very good at what he does...he's a pursuit LB that can cover, but I don't think he plays the run well enough to justify being called "elite"
I agree with you completely. In the Jaguars and Titans epic battles, Bulluck was the defensive player I feared the most (well, apart from "Jaguar Killer" Samari Rolle).
Old 03-26-2007, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB - Marc Bulger, Rams
RB - Travis Henry, Broncos
WR - Terry Glenn, Cowboys
WR - Donald Driver, Packers
TE - Jason Witten, Cowboys
T - Marc Colombo, Cowboys
T - Shane Olivea, Chargers
G - Chris Naeole, Jaguars
G - Derrick Dockery, Bills
C - Casey Wiegman, Chiefs

DE - Jared Allen, Chiefs
DE - Trevor Pryce, Ravens
DT - Aaron Smith, Steelers
DT - Ian Scott, Bears
LB - Andre Davis, Browns
LB - Kirk Morrison, Raiders
LB - Demeco Ryans, Texans
CB - Walt Harris, 49ers
CB - Ronde Barber, Buccaneers
S - Chris Hope, Titans
S - Jermaine Phillips, Buccaneers
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

I like your list, Ward, especially Andra Davis. I'm not sure, though, but I don't think Bucs fans are very fond of Jermaine Phillips.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I like your list, Ward, especially Andra Davis. I'm not sure, though, but I don't think Bucs fans are very fond of Jermaine Phillips.
Stats aren't everything, but his speak loudly. People not being fond of a player is a good way to end up being underrated.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:30 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
He has his good and bad moments, but Bucs fans definitely underrate him. Some guys on this site think he should be benched right away, but he is a good hitter and solid in run-support, and those are his main responsibilities. Will Allen is supposed to be our coverage S, but he blows.

I liked the list but I don't really understand how Glenn is underrated.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

QB - J.P. Losman, Bills
RB - Brian Westbrook, Eagles
FB - Jason McKie, Bears
WR - Lee Evans, Bills
WR - Marty Booker, Dolphins
TE - Desmond Clark, Bears
OT - Michael Roos, Titans
OG - Milford Brown, Cardinals
C - Andre Gurode, Cowboys
OG - Mike Goff, Chargers
OT - Tony Pashos, Jaguars

DE - Aaron Kampman, Packers
DT - Kelly Gregg, Ravens
DT - Domata Peko, Bengals
DE - Bobby McCray, Jaguars
OLB - Bart Scott, Ravens
ILB - E.J. Henderson, Vikings
OLB - Scott Shanle, Saints
CB - Walt Harris, 49ers
CB - Drayton Florence, Chargers
FS - Madieu Williams, Bengals
SS - Sean Jones, Browns

Last edited by dcarey20 : 03-26-2007 at 06:06 PM.
dcarey20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran

MP123 smells like sex panther.

I think Reggie Wayne is pretty underrated.
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andra Davis is the definition of underrated.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
mcdlaxbonz13
Veteran

mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Andra Davis is the definition of underrated.
qft 100% the guy almost put up 200 tackles 2 seasons ago, depending on what site you look at, and didn't even garner any pro bowl attention. i dont think leigh bodden is underrated anymore at least in the football world people know about him now

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.
mcdlaxbonz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

QB: Marc Bulger
RB: Travis Henry
RB: Rudi Johnson (homerism, i know)
WR: Eddie Kennison
WR: Donald Driver
TE: Jason Witten

C: nick mangold

DE: Robert Geathers, Mario Williams (people give him to hard a time)
DT: Dockett
OLB: Landon Johnson
MLB: ??
CB: Asomugah (whatever, that raiders corner)
S: Madieu Williams, Kerry Rhodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:22 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J24 View Post
I agree with you on Madieu and Jeremi But Chris is very respected and Justin Is good but for the price we got him at is way overated 3rd overall pick and now he is our franchise player common now. I love Peko but I am still skepticall about Geathers on weather he can play all 3 downs.
Chris is not respected at all, and thats by his doing alone. I just think he has the ability to be just as good if not better than chad if he ever sets his mind to it. Justin is underrated to me because he gets no respect because he doesnt get 10 sacks a year, but he more than makes up for it with his play. He's probably our best defensive player but the way a DE is evaluated you'd never know. Geathers would do fine playing all three downs and wouldve shown that last year but he was asked to play DT on passing downs. He has the ability to be a top 5 DE in this league without a doubt in my mind.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:26 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
I don't see how Justin Smith or Chris Henry are underrated...
chris is underrated because he's an idiot, most people dont recognize his WR abilities over his getting in trouble abilities. Justin Smith is underrated because he doesnt get 10 sacks a year and everyone bitches about it. He's right up there with Aaron Schobel and Kampmann but gets no love really anywhere.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:51 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Hines Ward, personally i think he is overrated, he is not a top-tier WR, and i dont care if he can block well... a lot of WR's can.

Lee Evans, Chris Henry, and Andre Johnson are my WRs

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:54 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

qb: bulger
rb: rudi johnson
wr: lee evans
te: witten
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:33 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdlaxbonz13 View Post
qft 100% the guy almost put up 200 tackles 2 seasons ago, depending on what site you look at, and didn't even garner any pro bowl attention. i dont think leigh bodden is underrated anymore at least in the football world people know about him now
Leigh Bodden got attention when he drilled ocho cinco.

Underrated:

All longsnappers. I mean ALL longsnappers. Even the backup ones. Hardest job on the field by far. You work hard and you get nothing for it. Perfect snaps are expected. If you screw up you're done.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:09 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Andrews, Harris, Pierece, Sanders are not underrated..i hear a lot about them
..people list Harris as 1 of the best DTs, Andrews as 1 ofthe best young Guards and Sanders has been mentioned top 5 safeties for awhile now
Harris is rated as a very good DT, but he still gets forgotten. By far the best player on a very good Bears defense, dont hear that mentioned very often. Basically gets overshadowed by Urlacher.

Andrews isnt just one of the best young guards, he is one of the best guards. Basically because he is young he gets underrated(imo). Should be getting compared to Hutch and Faneca not with the other young guys he is currently compared to.

Sanders gets some credit and is probably the one I agree with you most that is a stretch. Rhodes would have been a better pick in hindsight(or now that I think of him). I think Sanders doesnt get as much credit as he should though. Guy is a game changer.

Pierce you never hear about but is one of the leagues very best LBs. At least I never hear about him and I think I should. Very good all around player.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:39 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
I don't see how Justin Smith or Chris Henry are underrated...
i can maybe see Chris Henry, they guy can put up really good numbers some games, but is it a product of that powerful offense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:56 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
Underrated:

All longsnappers. I mean ALL longsnappers. Even the backup ones. Hardest job on the field by far. You work hard and you get nothing for it. Perfect snaps are expected. If you screw up you're done.
i love longsnappers. they have a simple yet important job, and even though they get no recognition they make good money for the job they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:17 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is Jason Witten underrated? I think almost everyone agrees he is about a top 5 TE.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote