Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-09-2011, 07:04 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i'm kicking myself for not going, I should totally be there right now. i'm an idiot haha but go RU!
good luck derza, here's to a good game
Yeah you definitely should, I'd imagine it'll be a great game. Right back at you. Obviously losing lucks but I like RU, I'm a Jersey guy and kind of want to go to grad school there down the road so of any game to lose this one wouldn't be too bad.
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:54 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

43-29

LOL at this Larry Drew II ********. He's terrible. If anyone thinks otherwise, just look at how good Carolina is now versus how they had been playing 2-3 weeks ago.

Great Point Guards make great teams.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:03 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
43-29

LOL at this Larry Drew II ********. He's terrible. If anyone thinks otherwise, just look at how good Carolina is now versus how they had been playing 2-3 weeks ago.

Great Point Guards make great teams.

They were playing well before he left too, blaming him for everything is ridiculous that whole team was a mess early in the year. He's not a great starter, but he's a solid backup.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:06 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is the worst collapse I have seen from 'Nova. Really ugly second half, Rutgers just didn't go away. Really impressive.

BTW congrats on the W Scotty, can't say I didn't see it coming but losing like that hurts. Bet you regret not going!

Last edited by derza222 : 02-09-2011 at 09:12 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:11 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow, whoooooooooooooooooo
what a game!
good game derza.
damn I love Mike Rice
what a tough way to lose. it sucks we finally won one of our close games against 'nova since I like you guys but yesssssssssssssssssss
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:15 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Duke is going to win this, UNC is too young and they look totally panicked right now by Duke's energy and the crowd noise.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:12 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Rutgers comeback was beyond epic. Watched that with some of my boys and his family. Then to top the night off Nolan for 34. God I love the Seniors.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know where my post from last night went but,
Rutgers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mike Rice really has us going in the right direction. I can't wait to see what he does with the team when we have high quality talent coming in.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:01 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Definitely one of the three worst losses 'Nova's had since I've been here. They got complacent at the end of the game and paid for it, have to credit Rutgers for not giving up and hitting a ton of shots, they were on fire towards the end. Really frustrating to watch, still stings today. Hopefully they'll learn from it and really come together, but at this point winning the conference (which was possible) is a pipe dream. Will be interesting to see if the team rallies and can finish alright in conference play and make some noise in the Big East tourney, or if they fold. Also, key mistakes from seniors Fisher and Pena (missed FT and foul by Fish after he'd been great all game, and that atrocious outlet by Pena that led to the first 3 in the 8-0 run that got Rutgers back in it) just can't be acceptable. And after what he did late in the game last night, James Bell should get some more PT. Hopefully Gameday against Pitt is good. Also can take solace in the fact that I kind of expected this, at least I know my team. Would've been better if it had been a back and forth game instead of leading nearly the entire way.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:17 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait to see Ohio State get their first lost at the Kohl Center in Madison

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^ This. I just hope that they can score enough.

I was a little wrong about Craft.. BUT Wisconsin usually plays good defense for the most part and Jordan Taylor is a beast.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:59 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
^^ This. I just hope that they can score enough.

I was a little wrong about Craft.. BUT Wisconsin usually plays good defense for the most part and Jordan Taylor is a beast.
Why the OSU hate?

OSU wins by double digits, despite the Wiscy big men hacking the **** out of Sullinger.

Craft will have issues with Taylor due to Taylor's height.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:05 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

I really doubt it's a double digit game, Wisky is one of the better home teams in the nation. They don't really have the bangers inside to compete with Sullinger though, their big men are more perimeter oriented. Jordan Taylor will probably destroy Craft, he's way too big and strong for him.

I'll say OSU 69 Becky 67
Old 02-10-2011, 05:50 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I really doubt it's a double digit game, Wisky is one of the better home teams in the nation. They don't really have the bangers inside to compete with Sullinger though, their big men are more perimeter oriented. Jordan Taylor will probably destroy Craft, he's way too big and strong for him.

I'll say OSU 69 Becky 67
You are speaking rationally. I am speaking like an OSU fan :)
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:57 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6107744

Glad to see at least one college sport does things right. I'm not getting up off the coach for the entire first 2 rounds of games.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dwight Hardy is going off against UCONN. St. John's up by 22 with 10 mins left.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:49 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Uconn has been overrated all year, they're so reliant on Walker and he gets in his "I need to get mine" mode too often.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:36 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This has been the worst officiated 10 minutes of basketball. The Gophers have been robbed blatantly twice already.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:40 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
This has been the worst officiated 10 minutes of basketball. The Gophers have been robbed blatantly twice already.

Apparently it's legal to physically stick your hand through the basket while someone is trying to dunk. Exact same thing happened against Ohio State and no call.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:41 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Apparently it's legal to physically stick your hand through the basket while someone is trying to dunk. Exact same thing happened against Ohio State and no call.
They have ******* replay and they can't get it right.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:46 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Ralph Sampson is the softest basketball player I have ever seen and it isn't even remotely close.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:02 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching the Gophers play is so frustrating. So many forced shots and passes either late in the shot clock or on a semi-fast break, such as the 2 on 4 fast break that Armelin and Ahanmisi attempted. Then you've got Sampson and Iverson both playing soft despite almost always being the biggest guys on the court. I do gotta say that I love watching Mbakwe and Hoffarber play.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:04 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Watching the Gophers play is so frustrating. So many forced shots and passes either late in the shot clock or on a semi-fast break, such as the 2 on 4 fast break that Armelin and Ahanmisi attempted. Then you've got Sampson and Iverson both playing soft despite almost always being the biggest guys on the court. I do gotta say that I love watching Mbakwe and Hoffarber play.

Great end to the half though, we need to get out in transition to have any shot without Nolen out there, the halfcourt offense is just non existent. As is Rodney Williams for whatever reason despite being the best athlete on the floor 100% of the time he's out there.

We need to just get Hoff/Armelin/Hollins/Mbakwe/Sampson out there and run run run. And if I ever see Maverick Ahanmisi on the floor again it will be too soon.

Last edited by yo123 : 02-10-2011 at 09:09 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:09 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Great end to the half though, we need to get out in transition to have any shot without Nolen out there, the halfcourt offense is just non existent. As is Rodney Williams for whatever reason despite being the best athlete on the floor 100% of the time he's out there.

We need to just get Hoff/Armelin/Hollins/Mbakwe/Sampson out there and run run run.
Oh god, how could I have not mentioned Williams. The guy is so athletic, but he is so tentative it's insane. He's almost afraid to do anything out there.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:23 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

...and Rodney Williams misses a rather open dunk and we're getting beat down the court so much, even after a made basket.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote: