Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-23-2011, 02:42 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just cause.....
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There will be plenty more of that next season when we destroy Miami again.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:57 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steward/Jernigan situation is making me very nervous. If we could get both our class will be beyond amazing, but if we happen to miss out on both I will admit to being disappointed (though still a great class).
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I admit, I'm getting a little nervous too. Moreso Steward than Jernigan.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:26 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

Five players I expect to make the biggest impact early:

1. Karlos Williams--Could be starting over Parks mid season.
2. Tank Carradine--Will make a push for the starting spot opposite Jenkins
3. Timmy Jernigan--If he puts on the weight over the summer, I expect him to be a big part of the DT rotation
4. Kelvin Benjamin--He's a freak athlete. Jimbo and co. will find a way to get him on the field
5. Jacob Fahrenkrug--Will most likely be starting in place of Rodney Hudson
Old 02-03-2011, 03:15 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats on the killer class, fellas.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:26 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
1. Karlos Williams
BRB, going to fap.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:58 AM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
BRB, going to fap.
Lulz, here's some material for you to help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toXI4m6WAPA
Old 02-03-2011, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lulz, here's some material for you to help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toXI4m6WAPA
Close the door behind you and kill the lights. I'm going to need some alone time.

I think I'm going to hop on the 'Noles bandwagon. They have so many of my favorite recruits from the past couple classes. I'm usually more of a Miami guy, but damn, these Jimbo classes are sick.

Some of my favorites from the past two classes include Williams, Jeff Luc, LaMarcus Joyner, Timmy Jernigan, James Wilder, Jordan Prestwood (LOL ND) and Christian Jones. I feel like the Seminoles have done a great job of addressing both lines.

Last edited by Sniper : 02-03-2011 at 09:02 AM.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:08 AM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Close the door behind you and kill the lights. I'm going to need some alone time.

I think I'm going to hop on the 'Noles bandwagon. They have so many of my favorite recruits from the past couple classes. I'm usually more of a Miami guy, but damn, these Jimbo classes are sick.

Some of my favorites from the past two classes include Williams, Jeff Luc, LaMarcus Joyner, Timmy Jernigan, James Wilder, Jordan Prestwood (LOL ND) and Christian Jones. I feel like the Seminoles have done a great job of addressing both lines.
Hop on the train Sniper. Jimbo is the conductor, and it's fixing to obliterate everything in it's path. ;)
Old 02-03-2011, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice looking class. Lost the linebacker, but not a huge surprise with bringing in four in last year's class.

Clowney would put this over the top and really bring the hate. Probably a lot to hope for considering how well things have already gone.

The lines and the secondary really loaded up and it would be nice if the quarterback is better than his rating like Jimbo says.

Now, if Manuel gets things going early and an upset of the Sooners happens we could be in business.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:06 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What's the word on Clowney?
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:47 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clowney is not even an option, that was written off a while ago. I would say theres a 0.01% chance that happens.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:20 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyCHRIST View Post
Clowney is not even an option, that was written off a while ago. I would say theres a 0.01% chance that happens.
Why you being so optimistic?
Old 02-05-2011, 12:57 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

Here's my stab at the opening day starting 22

QB- EJ Manuel

RB- Chris Thompson
FB- Lonnie Pryor

WR- Willie Haulstead
WR- Rodney Smith
TE- Beau Reliford

OT- Datko
OG- Fahrenkrug
C- Stork
OG- Orelus
OT- Sanders

DE- Brandon Jenkins
DT- Jaccobi McDaniel
DT- Everett Dawkins
DE- Tank Carradine

OLB- Nigel Bradham
MLB- Vince Williams
OLB- Christian Jones

CB-Xavier Rhodes
CB- Greg Reid

S- Nick Moody
S- Terrance Parks
Old 02-07-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey I just thought I'd mention, I'll be attending FSU next year, either in January or September! So time to start getting to know and love the team :D
Old 02-08-2011, 09:50 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Here's my stab at the opening day starting 22

QB- EJ Manuel

RB- Chris Thompson
FB- Lonnie Pryor

WR- Willie Haulstead
WR- Rodney Smith
TE- Beau Reliford

OT- Datko
OG- Fahrenkrug
C- Stork
OG- Orelus
OT- Sanders

DE- Brandon Jenkins
DT- Jaccobi McDaniel
DT- Everett Dawkins
DE- Tank Carradine

OLB- Nigel Bradham
MLB- Vince Williams
OLB- Christian Jones

CB-Xavier Rhodes
CB- Greg Reid

S- Nick Moody
S- Terrance Parks
Looks good....

However I'd say Jeff Luc beats out Vince Williams at LB and Amp McCloud beats out Dawkins at DT. Not that it will matter in the rotation we'll use. Just like at RB, whereas Thompson will be the #1 option the likes of Jermaine Thomas, Ty Jones, Devonta Freeman, and James Wilder will see a good amount of carries.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:43 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

I'm a season ticket holder for the first time as of today! It's a great feeling!
Old 02-09-2011, 11:47 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are yall going to do with my boy LaMarcus Joyner? I had high expectations for him although he is on the "smurf side"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
I'm a season ticket holder for the first time as of today! It's a great feeling!
I'm coming to a game so I can fap to Karlos Williams.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:27 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
What are yall going to do with my boy LaMarcus Joyner? I had high expectations for him although he is on the "smurf side"
He'll cross train at S and CB to see more PT.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

My Florida State starters for this upcoming season.

QB- Karlos Williams
RB- Karlos Williams
FB- Karlos Williams

WR- Karlos Williams
WR- Karlos Williams
TE- Karlos Williams
OT- Karlos Williams
OG- Karlos Williams
C- Karlos Williams
OG- Karlos Williams
OT- Karlos Williams

DE- Karlos Williams
DT- Karlos Williams
DT- Karlos Williams
DE- Karlos Williams

OLB- Nigel Bradham
MLB- Jeff Luc
OLB- Christian Jones

CB-Karlos Williams
CB- Greg Reid
S- Karlos Williams
S- Karlos Williams

K- Karlos Williams
P- Karlos Williams
KR- Karlos Williams
PR- Karlos Williams

14-0. National champions, 7,891,893,987 points scored, zero against.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:53 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I can't wait to see this team on the field. I'm excited about these noles rockin the ACC this year with hopes of National Champs in a couple more seasons.
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:42 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post
Hey I just thought I'd mention, I'll be attending FSU next year, either in January or September! So time to start getting to know and love the team :D
You picked a good time, I attended FSU from 08-10 so I only had one year that didn't make me want to tear my hair out. But I did get to see the final games of Bobby and Mickey, and the beating of UF.

But FSU is such a blast, nothing is more fun than football season in Tallahassee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz74KhnQDQo

Our special teams are going to be insane next year, Hopkins is a freak and should only continue to get better. Powell is one of the best punters in the nation, he's a draftable guy to me. Not to mention Reid on PR's where he seemed to get his mojo back. All those young studs we've brought in should be a terror as well.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will LaMarcus Joyner still focus mainly on KR duties & see limited action as a CB this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote