Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2011, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Recent Forum Mock

1) Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
2) Mark Herzlich, LB, Boston College
3) Johnny Patrick, CB, Louisville
4) Zach Hurd, G, UConn
5) Martin Parker, DT, Richmond
6) Joe Lefeged, S, Rutgers
7) Derek Newton, OT, Arkansas State

Players I was targeting Rounds 6-7

Drake Nevis and Christian Ballard were taken before my pick in the 2nd and I had tried to trade for a few veteran DTs but to no avail.
1) Nate Solder, OT, Colorado

I'm not as low on Solder as others on this forum I would value Sherrod higher than Solder.

2) Mark Herzlich, LB, Boston College

Backer isn't really a need for the Colts. If we resign Session then we are fine. If we don't Kavell Conner played very well in his absence and all the team would need to do is bring in depth. While I'm a big fan of Herzlich (it's hard not to be after what he came back from) I don't like the pick.

3) Johnny Patrick, CB, Louisville

Do we really need to draft the 7th CB on our depth chart in the 3rd Round?

4) Zach Hurd, G, UConn

I quite like Hurd. I think he could even start further down the line in the NFL. He isn't NFL ready yet (but this in the 4th round you'd struggle to find someone who is). Maybe a little high but nothing to get overally annoyed at.

5) Martin Parker, DT, Richmond

Quite like the pick. Good value for Parker, he can rush the passer from the interior of the line, something the Colts have been missing for a while now.

6) Joe Lefeged, S, Rutgers

Really like this pick. Bit of steal (I have Lefeged currently rated as about a 4th Round pick), can provide depth at both Safety positions and give the team a dynamic kick returner.

7) Derek Newton, OT, Arkansas State

My only problem with this pick is that I question how much depth we need on the O-Line. We have already drafted a LT. That means we have 4 OT on the roster. Even if we play CJ at RT and cut Diem I feel that Linkenbach is a good enough backup at both T spots. Similarly inside we have a couple of guys (Jamey Richard, Jaimie Thomas, McClendon) so I don't think we need to address OL depth this year.

So overall hit and miss. 4-7 were pretty good. Good fits, good value but 1-3 rounds really hit the draft badly.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote