Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-11-2011, 06:29 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default New York Giants Discussion

Discuss the New York Giants.

GO BIG BLUE!
Old 02-11-2011, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess this means the other thread is gone for good. That sucks.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:07 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, it's gone.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We lost a lot of good discussion in that thread.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-11-2011, 11:23 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah we did. Unfortunate but what can ya do.

But here's to some new discussions that are just as good :)
Old 02-11-2011, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

And another Super Bowl like that last thread had.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-11-2011, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boo! I already miss the old thread. :(
Old 02-11-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well i think we can all recall i was never ever wrong in that old thread.
and the trend shall continue in this one!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 05:01 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I miss the old one :(

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:55 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Eh. It was just a thread. No big deal.

I'm curious to see how many FAs we lose/add this offseason. With the uncertainty this offseason brings, you really have no idea what direction the team is going to move in. It's all very confusing.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:49 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

theres 3 guys I really want to bring back, Smith, Bradshaw and Cofield, let the others walk

Old 02-12-2011, 11:35 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i want them back, but boss as well. we're a 10 win team, no need for real overhaul.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:58 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I have no idea what I want. It all depends on what happens moving forward. If there's no cap, why not bring all of them back? Who cares right? It's not our money and the Giants can afford it.

But if there is a cap, then who we bring back will depend on a number of factors.

It really depends on the new CBA.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i want them back, but boss as well. we're a 10 win team, no need for real overhaul.
Yeah, that's the frustrating thing about this team, we're clearly flawed along our OL and our dependence on our starting WRs staying healthy, plus our D needs a boost be it a more consistent and time consuming offense, more DL depth, a stud LB or another quality DB, but we still won 10 games which should've got us into the playoffs despite the injuries at WR and poor OL play.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 01:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

We're not that far away. We're an impact linebacker and some fresh bodies along the oline away from being true contenders if we stay healthy for a change.

The thing is, some vital pieces need to be retained in order for us to take that next step. We need better depth at DT so even if we don't resign Coffield and decide to hand the keys to Joseph, we still need to sign somebody as an able body to keep Joseph and Canty fresh throughout the year.

We could benefit from a healthy Kiwi. It allows us to remain patient with JPP and depth is always a good thing.

As much as I hate Boss for being slow, he's dependable and has sure hands, so we can stand to keep him as well.

Honestly, I wouldn't lose sleep over Bradshaw. Fumbles too much. I wouldn't mind us drafting a RB. Wouldn't mind keeping him, but I'm ok with us letting a RB walk. I'm just not a fan of overpaying for running backs when it's such an easy position to fill.

I don't know what we do moving forward. But I do know, the more guys we lose, the more holes we have when we approach the draft. So locking up some of these guys would be a good idea.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Development of these young guys will be interesting too. Simply put, none of us have any idea how Beatty, Sintim, Barden and Beckum will progress moving forward.

If those 4 take a huge step this year, that's a major major boost to this team. It's year 3 for all of them, and year 3 is usually a make or break year. If you see no progress in year 3, then you pretty much know you have a JAG.

I'm not saying you have to be a world beater in year 3, but you have to show progress.

But yeah, long story short, getting something out of those 4 guys would be huge for this team moving forward. We need more out of those guys and the only people who really know what they can give us moving forward are the guys who are in that building. Bc they see them every day at practice, they see them study film, they see their development.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Development of these young guys will be interesting too. Simply put, none of us have any idea how Beatty, Sintim, Barden and Beckum will progress moving forward.

If those 4 take a huge step this year, that's a major major boost to this team. It's year 3 for all of them, and year 3 is usually a make or break year. If you see no progress in year 3, then you pretty much know you have a JAG.

I'm not saying you have to be a world beater in year 3, but you have to show progress.

But yeah, long story short, getting something out of those 4 guys would be huge for this team moving forward. We need more out of those guys.
This probably cause I'm draftnik but I've got a really good feeling about Barden and Beatty this year. Barden looked good right before he got hurt, I think that this year he really steps up as our red zone killer and gives us the WR depth to handle an injury to Smith, Nicks or Mario without skipping a beat. I also think Beatty will finally have the strength to hold onto a starting spot, and if he's got the strength I think we'll see him growing steadily as the year advances.

Sintim I have no ******* clue about anymore, I still like him as a SAM but he needs to get beastly against the run again and Beckum I'm cautiously optimistic with, he was blocking better this year and was doing things pretty well, just not sure if we'll utilize...lol utilize...him properly.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To me the only must-keep player is Steve Smith. He's too valuable to this team and if we aren't going to stop running this insanely complex offense we need a guy who we know will be on the same page as Eli. After that I'd like to keep Cofield and Boss, but I wouldn't lost sleep if either left. Bradshaw I like but as BBD, he's a fumbler and it's not like he's a game breaker or anything. Kiwi I'd like to retain too if we can get him on a one year deal like Reese said.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:04 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wasn't this thread more pages?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:35 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

well there was a rumor bradshaw was playing later in the year with a broken wrist. i read that somewhere, he had surgery too, right?
Smith is a MUST keep and Cofield REALLY played well last year. Boss is a guy I feel we can keep for cheap and I really like Beckum and feel he can be a valuable weapon. Sintim and Beatty? I have no freaking clue what to think of them, and they're such big keys dammit.
Bradshaw...i'd love to keep. love everything about him minus the fumbling and injuries haha. He runs hard, great attitude, great talent and just fits us so well.
Quote:
Old 02-13-2011, 12:38 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beatty has done a good job. He is still developing.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:41 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

he has improved, but where do we see him? Do we trust him being a full time LT? are we more comfortable grooming him at RT behind K-Mac? Beatty really is a key piece for us going forward, and really plays a big part in this draft and the next.
Quote:
Old 02-13-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Ahmad Bradshaw unsure if team can keep him, Brandon Jacobs

Quote:
New York Giants impending free-agent RB Ahmad Bradshaw said he is not sure if the team can afford keeping him and RB Brandon Jacobs moving forward because of how much their combined salaries could be, reports Ralph Vacchiano, of the New York Daily News. "I don't think they'll be able to finance both of us financially," Bradshaw said. "But you just never know. It may be possible. There's even talk they might keep both of us. You just never know."
Quote:
Bradshaw (wrist, ankle) played the final six games of the season with a broken left wrist, reports Ralph Vacchiano, of the New York Daily News. He is scheduled to have surgery next week to clean debris in his left ankle, according to Vinny DiTrani, of The Bergen Record. Bradshaw said he will not need surgery on the broken wrist he suffered late in the season.

Old 02-13-2011, 01:17 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...es_making.html
Quote:
Chad Jones has yet to play a down with the Giants. Heck, he's barely even practiced with them since the team selected him in the third round of last year's NFL Draft. But I get roughly as many questions about Jones as any of the team's active players, so I've tried to provide as many updates as I can.

Recently, I e-mailed his physical therapist, John Moran of Southern Orthopaedic Specialists in Jones' native New Orleans, to ask how Jones' rehab from leg injuries suffered in a serious car accident was coming along. It had been four months since we spent a day with him in New Orleans in early October. That was the first day Jones ran in the pool and he struggled to make it through a few laps. Earlier that day, he grimaced as he battled to walk on the treadmill at 0.9 mph.

Over the past few months, Jones has made impressive progress. In videos shot by Moran on his iPhone -- videos that have been sent to the Giants to keep them abreast of Jones' progress -- one can see the former two-sport star at LSU is now jogging on the treadmill, pushing off on his injured left leg while throwing a weighted ball, high-stepping with a football and shuffling though agility drills:

It might not look like much, and Jones absolutely has a long way to go before he can set foot on an NFL field, but consider the progress he's made in only four months. Below is the video from our October trip to New Orleans. At the 1:34 mark, you can see what was then his max speed on the treadmill and realize how his jogging in the recent clips is a sign of remarkable progress.

Jones was to move his rehab up here so he could work with the Giants' trainers and equipment. I'm unsure at this point if he's done so yet, though the impending lockout would be a problem. If the owners lock out the players, the Giants' facility would be unavailable to Jones and the rest of the team.
video in link

Glad to see he is making a recovery and if he can ever come back and play for us it will be one of the biggest comeback stories ever

Old 02-13-2011, 03:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

If Jones comes back, I'd imagine it would be in 2013. I don't see him playing this year. Let's all hope that he makes a healthy recovery though. I'm definitely rooting for him.

Im in the minority that wants to keep Jacobs. I honestly rather have Jacobs than Bradshaw.

Sucks that we didn't go after Blount. The guy is like a younger Jacobs, but better.