Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-12-2011, 10:19 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Duke is like Notre Dame in football? Lmao far from it. Please keep OSU in the top 4 please. My objective is #1 come April 4th.
There are plenty of compairisons. I mean I am no Duke hater but....

1. I know Notre Dame has NBC, but ESPN pretty much has every Duke game on. I mean c'mon they were on ESPN when they played St. Louis.

2. They are talked about whether they have few losses and contending for a title or talked about when they are fighting on the bubble (which u know what they never are)

3. Their stadium is talked like a churchly place.

4. They are always talked about having a high ranked class. And always get a pretty favorable ranking in the preseason.

5. Pretty much every game they play is considered a rivalry. Yeah, NC State-Duke...sure, sure....

So right now, it may not be a fair compairson cuz Notre Dame is down with a coach who is rebuilding, and Duke is higher than ever with well, I gotta say with the best college basketball coach ever. But Duke is kinda like that.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:55 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/go...116091704.html

Jim Souhan is a blowhard, but I can't disagree with much in here. Tubby hasn't been awful, but he sure hasn't been good.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:22 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He took us from losing to the likes of Winona State and Marist to a NCAA tourney team within a couple years so I'd say he's been good. It's incredibly frustrating however knowing that he won't take us to the next level though because he refuses to recruit guys who can actually score, and he doesn't know how to coach an offense. We're going to be a bubble/one and done team for as long as he's here.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:47 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
He took us from losing to the likes of Winona State and Marist to a NCAA tourney team within a couple years so I'd say he's been good.
We were losing to those teams because we were on probation. Minnesota has always had a pretty decent basketball program, so to get us to the tourney is nothing special. We're the only D1 program in a state that actually plays pretty good basketball (see, for example, that half of Wisconsin's roster is made of players from Minnesota)

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:09 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
He took us from losing to the likes of Winona State and Marist to a NCAA tourney team within a couple years so I'd say he's been good. It's incredibly frustrating however knowing that he won't take us to the next level though because he refuses to recruit guys who can actually score, and he doesn't know how to coach an offense. We're going to be a bubble/one and done team for as long as he's here.
Easy on Winona State. Southeastern Minnesota is a gold mine of greatness, a ******* gold mine. It produced me.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:02 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Easy on Winona State. Southeastern Minnesota is a gold mine of greatness, a ******* gold mine. It produced me.
Damn straight!! WSU and SE MN represent!!!

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:24 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stay classy Wisconsin. Some of the kids that go there must be complete retards.

Fans spit on Sullinger.

The kid has composure. I would have destroyed some ******* nerd spitting on me after a game.

Last edited by JoeJoeBrown : 02-13-2011 at 01:37 AM.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:34 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Stay classy Wisconsin. The kids that go there must be complete retards.

Fans spit on Sullinger.

The kid has composure. I would have destroyed some ******* nerd spitting on me after a game.
Meh....all schools have their idiots. But yeah, obviously, not being classy by them. BTW, I go to Milwaukee, not Madison, so I am not protecting the school 90 miles to the west of us that has a football team and more people to throw parties with so they think they are better than us.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:37 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Meh....all schools have their idiots. But yeah, obviously, not being classy by them. BTW, I go to Milwaukee, not Madison, so I am not protecting the school 90 miles to the west of us that has a football team and more people to throw parties with so they think they are better than us.
I should have clarified and not generalized. But they have a bad reputation up there for having more than their fair share of antagonistic jerks. The spitting is ridiculous, however.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:40 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
I should have clarified and not generalized. But they have a bad reputation up there for having more than their fair share of antagonistic jerks. The spitting is ridiculous, however.
Yeah, it seems like thy do. But they also have the best atmosphere too. U know there is a reason they are like hella good at the Kohl Center. And then Jump Around for football is awesome. But yeah, of course there are gonna be things like this. Cuz if Milwaukee is any indication for Madison, they love their alcohol.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:44 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Cleveland State's Norris Cole a legit NBA prospect?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:48 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
Is Cleveland State's Norris Cole a legit NBA prospect?
I think he can be a very capable backup point in the NBA

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:52 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cole really impressed me from the one half I've seen of him this year, don't really remember what he did to impress me but he did nonetheless.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:58 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Yay we finally won again. Thank God for Iowa.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:32 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

LOL LOL LOL at Kansas and these stupid fans.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:54 AM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last time KU lost in Manhattan and had their home win streak snapped in the same season was 07-08

Just sayin

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:56 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's incredible how important Corey Stokes is to Villanova, they've been so bad since he got dinged up. Wayns is incredibly inconsistent, and the other guards besides Fisher are really inexperienced and it shows. Lots of turnovers, inefficient offense, bad fouls on defense. Also the slowdown offense does nothing good, they need to get back to doing what they can in transition and if not play inside-out through guard penetration and dumping the ball in to Yarou. Unless things turn around before the end of the Big East season this year won't go any better than last year come tourney time.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, they look like such a different team without Stokes. And for your sake, I hope Hazell shoots his team right out of the game.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:03 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not insinuating that they will do anything close to what they did in 06 but having watched all of their games this years George Mason squad is deeper and more balanced/effective than the 06 final 4 cindarella team. In a year with so few elite teams Mason will be and should be a sweet 16 bracket buster for many people. Right now they are 26th on the ESPN/USA today poll and 30th in the AP poll. I can only hope they will get a big dance bid even if they are upset in their conference tournament. There are 7-8 guys on this squad which could contribute on nearly any team.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:12 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So that SHU game was wild again...after they gave Seton Hall the ball when it went off their player's head and then Seton Hall got fouled and knocked down two FT's to make it a two point game I almost went nuts. Glad we won, definitely not good at all, still need Stokes back badly although there are a lot of other problems. About half as many turnovers as field goal attempts today...ugly.

Also, I love James Bell. Lots. Wouldn't have had a chance without him. He was great.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Winning at Marquette is another nice win for St. John's. Dwight Hardy is trying to make a case for Big East player of the year.

Now it's time to take down Pitt at the Garden.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-16-2011, 01:12 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There are plenty of compairisons. I mean I am no Duke hater but....

1. I know Notre Dame has NBC, but ESPN pretty much has every Duke game on. I mean c'mon they were on ESPN when they played St. Louis.

2. They are talked about whether they have few losses and contending for a title or talked about when they are fighting on the bubble (which u know what they never are)

3. Their stadium is talked like a churchly place.

4. They are always talked about having a high ranked class. And always get a pretty favorable ranking in the preseason.

5. Pretty much every game they play is considered a rivalry. Yeah, NC State-Duke...sure, sure....

So right now, it may not be a fair compairson cuz Notre Dame is down with a coach who is rebuilding, and Duke is higher than ever with well, I gotta say with the best college basketball coach ever. But Duke is kinda like that.
Haha I pretty much just made that quote because ND hasn't won a title in God knows how long and we kind of just came off a title. It's true they do get the ESPN lovefest which annoys the hell outta me seeing as how ESPN only covers about 15 sports teams (Duke, UNC, Lakers, Celtics etc.) But atleast I can always watch my team play. I pretty much group Cameron Indoor with Rupp, Fog Allen, Dean Dome etc. And as holy as Coach K may be I still think that Wooden guy is the mecha.

And rivalry wise every team gets up to play Duke but really the only wins I want badly are those two with UNC. I guess beating up on Maryland can be nice on occasions. But they "aren't our rivals" according to most Duke fans.

#3 Duke Blue Devils (0-0)
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting fact: Only 2 former Duke players have won an NBA championship; 1 in the pre-Coach K era.

Former UNC players have won a total of 25 titles.

Reps to anyone who can name the 2 Duke players.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Danny Ferry has to be one of them. Don't know the other and too lazy to look it up.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-16-2011, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Danny Ferry has to be one of them. Don't know the other and too lazy to look it up.
Yep. The only one in the Coach K era.