Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 02-13-2011, 11:13 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default I hate to be "that guy"

But I'm just wondering if anyone thinks a new system for College Football will be in place soon?
It seems every year in November/December/January there are complaints about the BCS from everywhere. Does anyone have information about this stuff in regards with actual people that might be able to change the system?
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:42 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

As long as money is the number one driving issue behind these decisions...no. I'm positive there could be a way to make just as much money with a new system, but It's hard to change the minds of some of the older chairmen who are in their 70s and such.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:06 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate to say it, but No. Uh, TCU moving to the Big East. That was a move that showed me and other BCS haters that its just not gonna happen. Another thing is apparently regualar season college basketball attendance is going down, while football is king. And a regular season game in football obviously carries so much, and in basketball a winless team can find God or something, win their confrence tourney and get in. Unlikely, but it can do that. It is unfortunate for me cuz I just don't get the BCS why they exclude people. But whatev, it ain't gonna change.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:31 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are just too many good programs out there, so some team will be doomed every yr. to be the Next Boise St., the team that goes undefeated & left without the prom date for the BCS NC game.

TCU made its move b/c they would rather fly for 3-4 hrs. to Big East away games vs. schools with >300% their enrollment & have a shot at the NC than beat another powerhouse like they did in the last Rose Bowl & get ****** over.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote