Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-26-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post

2.CB- Chris McAlister= IMO the best CB in the game at being able to cover and support the run.

4.OT- Jonathan Ogden= The best OT arguably in the history of the NFL

5.MLB- Ray Lewis= Makes every player around him better, greatest motivator Ive ever seen, and the best Defensive player Ive ever seen.
*cough* homer *cough*

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
*cough* homer *cough*
Sorry Im a homer for picking arguably the best OT of all-time, arguably the best defensive player of all-time, and a CB who is the best in the NFL and covering and stopping the run. If I was choosing the best CB Id say Champ Bailey, but Mac supports the run better and is the 2nd best CB in coverage IMO.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sorry Im a homer for picking arguably the best OT of all-time, arguably the best defensive player of all-time, and a CB who is the best in the NFL and covering and stopping the run. If I was choosing the best CB Id say Champ Bailey, but Mac supports the run better and is the 2nd best CB in coverage IMO.
Those are some bold statements, and all those players are past their prime anyway......

None of those players are the best at their positions anymore.....

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-26-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Those are some bold statements, and all those players are past their prime anyway......

None of those players are the best at their positions anymore.....
Past their prime yet they were all Pro Bowlers, and are considered by other NFLers to be among the best at their respective positions....

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Chris McAlister IMO the best CB in the game at being able to cover and support the run.

Jonathan Ogden The best OT arguably in the history of the NFL
Champ Bailey and Anthony Muñoz
Old 03-26-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
TheGunShow
Rookie

TheGunShow hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

#1- RB LaDainian Tomlinson

Best player in the league!

#2- QB Peyton Manning

A coach on the field

#3- DE Jason Taylor

Best defensive player and a game changer on defense.

#4- WR Andre Johnson

Does everything. And is still a pro bowler on a horrible team.

#5- LT Marcus McNeil

Have to have someone to protect Manning and open holes for LT!
Old 03-26-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Past their prime yet they were all Pro Bowlers, and are considered by other NFLers to be among the best at their respective positions....
I hate to jump in on this argument, but it is very common for players to be selected to the Pro Bowl based on their name. Ray Lewis and Jonathan Ogden are two of the best to ever play their respective positions, both have had great careers and both are future Hall of Famers, but they also have seen their skills and/or level of play decline as of late. They are still good players, but I'm not sure how you could want to build a team around them TODAY, homerism aside.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
I hate to jump in on this argument, but it is very common for players to be selected to the Pro Bowl based on their name. Ray Lewis and Jonathan Ogden are two of the best to ever play their respective positions, both have had great careers and both are future Hall of Famers, but they also have seen their skills and/or level of play decline as of late. They are still good players, but I'm not sure how you could want to build a team around them TODAY, homerism aside.
Lynch making the Pro Bowl over Kerry Rhodes...
Old 03-26-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post
Lynch making the Pro Bowl over Kerry Rhodes...
Ahh you just gave me a good chuckle frogstomp, that was quite the Pro Bowl blunder. I don't think Sean Jones made it either, what a joke!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-26-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

1. QB - This is, by far, the most important position in the game for most situations. There are those rare years where a teams defense is SO much better than any other offense it is ridiculous, and a guy like Trent Dilfer sneaks in there, but most of the time, it takes solid play from the QB to win a championship.

The pick: Tom Brady. Not just because I am a Patriots fan. Realistically, he is still a decent age for a QB, still in his prime, and has proven that not only can he win the big games (and multiple championships), but he can do it with less than amazing talent around him.

2. ILB - Tedy Bruschi made me fall in love with this position. Watching him control the defense and act as an on field coach during the Super Bowl runs was awesome. Having a strong presence in the middle will help stuff the run and will also help out in the passing game.

The pick: Brian Urlacher. I did everything I could to find someone younger that I thought would project to be close, and part of me wanted to go with Bart Scott, but Urlacher is still on the right side of 30 and is the quintessential ILB as far as the position is concerned. He is the best of our generation, and I don't know if he will be topped. If I had at least one season of an NFL body of work from Patrick Willis, I might go that route just to have a young guy, but really, it's almost impossible to go wrong with Brian Urlacher.

3. CB - Shut down corners are so rare and so valuable. The best companion to a solid ILB is a killer corner. By shutting down the pass game, it forces teams to run, and by having a solid presence in the middle already established, it increases the odds of being able to shut down both.

The pick: Rashaen Mathis. He's just 26, and already a difference maker for the Jaguars. I could just as easily go with Champ Bailey, who is still on the right side of 30, but I'll take the extra two years from Rashaen.

DE - Now that we can stop the pass, we need someone to get the passer. More importantly, I want someone that can also who can stop the run when needed.

The pick: Julius Peppers. This is hard. My heart says Richard Seymour, but he is a slightly bigger injury risk than Peppers, and he doesn't get to the QB quite as much, though he's better against the run and can slip into coverage if need be. But Peppers has it all.

5. RB - Tom Brady has proven he can get the job done with just about any combination at the WR position, but giving him an elite RB would truly open the passing game for him.

The pick: LaDanian Tomlinson. Clearly, one of the best RB's ever to play the game. An offense that starts with Tom Brady and LT would instantly be lethal. The best part is that he's only 27.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran

MP123 smells like sex panther.

QB, LT, MLB, FS or SS, and DE.
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote