Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-05-2011, 10:32 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big Bang Theory was moved into the same slot this year, and BBT is killing it. I don't know why, because BBT sucks massive balls, but there is no accounting for taste is there?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:38 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's hear your analysis of each character since show began.

Jeff: + He's gotten better but was pretty interesting to begin with
Brita: - Worse. They spent the first season establishing her character but lately she's just been a cliched version of herself, just moving along in neutral
Troy: + Better, hilarious and pretty consistent with his portrayal at the beginning
Abed: - Better, hilarious and a bit more human than he was originally portrayed to be in the beginning
Annie: + Better, I think.
Pierce: - Worse, I think they should highlight him less.
Shirley: |About the same
Chang: - Worse. I liked him as a teacher, they focus way too much on him now. He is at his best as a wacky peripheral character.

i done stole dis sig

Last edited by killxswitch : 02-10-2011 at 12:50 PM. Reason: i liked videa's plus/minus system better
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeff: Kind of the same, I've always liked his character but lately he has been the guy who holds the group together.

Brita: - She is all around annoying lately and has been for much of this season imo.

Troy: + One of the best characters on the show and always has been, but this season he has gotten even better.

Abed: + Read above. The relationship between Troy and Abed is one of the better parts of the show.

Annie: + So hot, want to touch the hiney.

Pierce: - He used to be mean but somewhat likeable, and someone the group could tolerate, but lately he's just an ass and I can't stand him.

Shirley: Pretty much the same. She has her moments but meh.

Chang: + I love it every time he's on screen. He's always hilarious to me and I hope they let him in the study group full time.

Old 02-10-2011, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I echo Vidae's comments.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:53 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The exploits of Troy and Abed have become legendary.

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-10-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm always super excited when Troy & Abed in the Morning ends the show.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-10-2011, 12:57 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing that stands out to me about the show is the supporting characters.

Professor Ian Duncan
Starburns
Leonard
Dean Pelton
Vaughn
Rich
Fat Neil

As for the characters...
Jeff has transitioned from being the main guy to being kind of the main guy.
Britta has become less of the love interest which is cool with me.
Annie hasn't changed much which is fine.
Troy and Abed have grown the most for sure. Troy started the first episode or so as the dumb, jerk, jock to what he is now which is infinitely better.
Pierce is a little more douchey.
Shirley is the least important character of the main group and I think they're trying to change that with the pregnancy.
Chang was always crazy, but now he's the crazy student instead of professor. Since this show is about college it'd be nice if they could somehow get him to being a professor again so we could have an interesting character from that angle consistently.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:20 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Who was the hippie dude that wrote those awesome songs about Pierce? I forget his name but he was a good peripheral character.

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-10-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was Vaughn.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:28 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Who was the hippie dude that wrote those awesome songs about Pierce? I forget his name but he was a good peripheral character.
Vaughn. Or Van. hahah Brita is a bitchg was a good song.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:31 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I'm getting rid of Brita....
I'm getting rid of the B

She's a GDB!

i done stole dis sig
Old 02-10-2011, 07:47 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Did Pierce
at the end there?
Old 02-11-2011, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This deserves to be posted on every relevant thread:

O.M.F.G.

**** you Comcast!

Comcast, who recently acquired NBC Universal (or became majority shareholder or whatever) has decided to cancel multiple shows, effectively making this upcoming season (2011-2012) the last one. Included in those shows-to-be cancelled are:

- 30 Rock
- Community

- Chuck
- America's Got Talent
- Minute to Win It

Seriously Comcast?!?

http://www.redesign.rumormiller.com/...cels-30-rock-1

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:58 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

That is just rumor. There is nothing on any reputable site I check for TV news that has anything like this.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

That better not be true.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-11-2011, 12:05 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I would go all Egypt on someone's ass if Chuck and Community got canceled. Especially at the same time.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:23 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That episode was weird, but I liked it.

In other news, if Comcast did that, I have even more reason to hate their asses.

also I plan on using "going Egypt on their asses" sometime, thanks Cashmoneydrew.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:15 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

troy is an MC and he's pretty ******* good.

thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:41 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just watched all of Community this past week, and I really enjoy the show. Stoked that I finally caught up on it. My favorite episode was definitely the one where Abed and Jeff become drinking partners, but the Paintball one was pretty epic as well.

EDIT: Also, Im coming with you CMD if 30 Rock, Chuck and Community get cancelled. Seriously, Im declaring jihad on those assholes if it turns out to be true.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:50 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Community is right up your alley APS. I'm suprised you never got started sooner.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-15-2011, 09:17 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah the pop culture stuff is definitely my style of comedy. Only reason I didn't get to it sooner is because I was watching Modern Family all the way through, but now that Ive watched all of both I can definitely say I like Community more.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:14 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
troy is an MC and he's pretty ******* good.

DG, Tackle and I post Childish songs in the cd/music thread all the time. Check out the song "It's On".. it's sick.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:26 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
This deserves to be posted on every relevant thread:

O.M.F.G.

**** you Comcast!

Comcast, who recently acquired NBC Universal (or became majority shareholder or whatever) has decided to cancel multiple shows, effectively making this upcoming season (2011-2012) the last one. Included in those shows-to-be cancelled are:

- 30 Rock
- Community

- Chuck
- America's Got Talent
- Minute to Win It

Seriously Comcast?!?

http://www.redesign.rumormiller.com/...cels-30-rock-1
This is a line from that article

Quote:
A replacement show has not yet been announced but it will likely be a reality show or the "Getting to know your Comcast DVR" tutorial.
That's exactly what they're going to do. A DVR tutorial in that great time slot.
They also talked about Sara or Bristol Palin being a guest star on 30 Rock. Sounds like a terribly written rumor article, like vidae said.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:13 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Great episode. Everything with Lavar Burton was gold, but the best was when Troy shouted SET PHASERS TO LOVE ME!

Best comedy on TV.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:26 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that was the best episode in awhile