Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 03-01-2011, 12:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Not really sure why we bought out Brewer, could have been a defensive presence off the bench.
D'Antoni has a hard on for Jeffries. He's going to use Jeffries as that defensive presence. I don't get why we didn't cut Balkman. He's terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
His jump shot is already pretty damn good for a rookie. It's got a ways to go but for a rookie his distance shooting is very impressive.

I'd rather keep him, personally. He's the perfect role player to have on a team. He has the ability to defend (still has a ways to go there, though), can shoot the three, is an excellent rebounder, and is a solid passer too. Unless we get another good scoring option we're going to need him in the future as that third player who can give some scoring if Stat or Melo falter in a game.
I like Fields too. But what if we need a Center so bad that we have to make a move? At this point, he's our only tradeable asset, so worst case scenario we move him for one.

But I would prefer to keep him if possible. I can see him being a 14/8/3 a night guy moving forward.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
D'Antoni has a hard on for Jeffries. He's going to use Jeffries as that defensive presence. I don't get why we didn't cut Balkman. He's terrible.

I like Fields too. But what if we need a Center so bad that we have to make a move? At this point, he's our only tradeable asset, so worst case scenario we move him for one.

But I would prefer to keep him if possible. I can see him being a 14/8/3 a night guy moving forward.
It depends what center we're trading him for. If we're talking about a Marc Gasol or Nene, sure, but I wouldn't deal him for an aging center or below average center...which most centers are in the NBA.

I think Joel Pryzbilla would be a perfect guy to bring in. Nazr Mohammed wouldn't be bad either. They could at least be a stop gap until we can get something else figured out.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:04 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We didn't cut Balkam cause he his contract runs up till 2012.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:11 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It seems the 2nd guy we picked up is Derrick Brown which makes little sense considering he is a SF.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:35 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maaaan, we blew that game. So pissed.

Just an ugly 4th quarter. Fell in love with jump shots, went away from feeding Stat in crunch time, couldn't hit our jumpers, and Jameer Nelson just KILLED us in the 4th. There was nothing we could do about that, when a guy is hot like that, you can't do a thing about it.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Our commitment to defense is improving at least. I'm pleased with the gains we made there. 2nd chance points are killing us bc of our lack of size.

But you can see more effort on the defensive side from everybody since the trade. We're going to have to keep improving in that area to be a better team.

I think the new found commitment to defense is what led to the team running out of gas in the 4th. They just aren't used to giving that kind of effort on both sides of the ball. They'll build up that conditioning over the next 20 or so games. At least I hope they will.

And I'm digging Anthony Carter. The guy is ancient, and he doesn't have much offensive game, but he's a great effort guy on defense, he's basically a Tony Douglas who can actually run the point.

Billy Walker is pissing me off. All he does is chuck it up.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bill Walker can chuck it at times, but for the most part, when he's played he's been fairly efficient when he scores. I'd say Toney Douglas is much more of a chucker than Walker.

He's a pretty solid defender when he puts his mind to and is athletic as well. It's too bad he had all those knee troubles because even though he's still quite athletic he used to be able to jump over the moon.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:39 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'm curious to see how Jeffries figures into our rotation again.

I actually like the backcourt of Carter and Billups. It let's Billups defend slower SGs, and we can put Carter on the smaller quicker PGs.

That backcourt plays good defense. Fields has been slipping the past 3 games. He's playing tough defense and rebounding well, but he's still trying to find his niche in our offense with the new guys. His shot has been off lately too.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:44 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd say Toney Douglas is much more of a chucker than Walker.

Yes he is. It's annoying and thus I hate him. But yeah, we need size in the worst possible way.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:47 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Can the Knicks sell those damn throwback jerseys already? Goddamn. Wtf.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:08 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Can the Knicks sell those damn throwback jerseys already? Goddamn. Wtf.
Haha, seriously pisses me off too. Not that I would go out and drop that kind of dough, but they don't even have an authentic customizable one.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Haha, seriously pisses me off too. Not that I would go out and drop that kind of dough, but they don't even have an authentic customizable one.
Yeah. I'm totally waiting for our chinatown friends to get on that and sew up some jerseys that'll cost me 40 bucks.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:58 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I don't know what to take from last night's game. NO kind of didn't show up at all, and we shot way too well for me to take anything away from it.

I was pissed at our interior D to start the game, but it didn't matter soon afterwards.

Chris Paul didn't look too hot.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:51 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't get to watch the game but saw a good amount of highlights.. CP3 looked either hurt or not motivated to play. I knew Toney Douglas could pull off a decent game sometime soon.

I still think CP3 puts us over the top because of his pass first ability, with him it is just a better mixture as far as "Big 3". Pass first PG, dominant scorer on the wing, and a guy who goes hard to the rim and can face up.

But yeah a solid center is another missing piece.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Ugh. How the **** can we not be the Cavs? AT HOME! They're a horrid team that's likely going to be the favorite to win the lottery. We should be able to beat them without Melo and Stat, much less with them. Just putrid.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:23 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Ugh. How the **** can we not be the Cavs? AT HOME! They're a horrid team that's likely going to be the favorite to win the lottery. We should be able to beat them without Melo and Stat, much less with them. Just putrid.
It seriously is embarrassing we are having this many problems with such a godawful team.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:36 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Seriously. So pissed right now. That effort last night on defense was absolutely embarassing. They thought they could half ass it and still win.

Embarassing loss. They need to get their head out of their ass right now.

I feel like not having Chauncy out there is making them slack. Chauncey wouldn't have that **** if he was out there on the court.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:38 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah that is why he is important haha.

Stat is wet from the 3 line though haha and has a little clutch gene in him that I have seen flashes of now. We really need to d up, in ALL GAMES.. we can't just come out every other night looking to JUST score.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:09 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Much better effort last night. We match up well with ATL
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:48 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Agreed. I wish we were able to play them in round 1. We'd beat them in a series no doubt. And we'd have 7 home games to boot.

I want to see consistency. I think tonight is going to be a telling sign. Can they bring that defensive intensity 2 games in a row back to back?

Right now all I'm concerned about is consistency and chemistry. 2 things they need to improve heading into the playoffs.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ahh, finally 2 in a row!
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:59 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Communication on defense is improving. Seems they play better zone, and the switches on pick and roll and on doubles seems to be picking up speed.

Jeffries has been a great addition too. I was skeptical about that but so far, great addition.

And Dougie has filled in nicely too. If Dougie can give us that kind of production, we may be able to play him and Billups together in the backcourt in some sets.

I think mostly though, Utah just sucks and didn't show up either. But still, you see improvement with each game, so hopefully we start peaking heading into the playoffs.

I know people think I'm crazy for saying this but why not us? The East is wide open as far as I'm concerned. If we bring our A game this team can beat anybody. The only team that would embarrass us in a 7 game series is the Lakers. Way too much size and Kobe.

We made it to the Finals in 99 with a broken Patrick Ewing and Chris Dudley. Chris Dudley at Center.

It's not impossible.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I mean, when you have two guys who can explode for 30+ on a given night anything is possible, but I think the Celtics would be too much for us to handle both offensively and defensively. The Magic would likely kill us as Dwight will just tee off on us all night. Chicago would be a pretty good series. I feel like we could beat them, but it would be a toss up.

I could see us beating the Heat for sure, though. Hawks we would likely crush as well if we ever had a chance to play them.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Boston, and Miami scare me, Chicago intrigues me. Losing Perkins was a huge blow to Boston I feel, their size takes a big hit with that. And Stat owns Garnett. They would be a tough tough team to beat though, but who knows. I don't fear their size anymore. They're the best in the East as far as I'm concerned.

Miami is Miami. You never know if they turn it on in the playoffs.

And Chicago reminds me of the 90s Knicks. Tough D, 1 great scorer, and a bunch of tough role players. I think we can take them bc we match up well with them.

Orlando, I feel we can take them. Dwight will dominate us sure, but we just need to throw bodies at him. The rest of the team isn't good enough to take us out. It took a sick effort from Jameer in the 4th to beat us last time.

Remember, Dwight dominated us yet we were beating them. We didn't lose until Jameer had an uncharacteristic 4th quarter.

So I think we have a legit chance vs them.

I'm not saying we will absolutely beat any of those guys, but I do feel we have a puncher's chance. And that's all you can ask for this year.

Why not us! You gotta believe!
Old 03-08-2011, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Hey, I'll be rooting for them big time when the get in the playoffs. It's the NBA and a seven game series so you never know who will step up and put up a great performance. I think they can make some noise, but I'm not quite convinced they will make the Finals this year.

Also, I think Chicago is a little tougher than you're letting on. Boozer isn't just a tough role player, he's a good scorer/rebounder. Pretty good second option for them as well. Not to mention they play great defense.