Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-03-2011, 12:43 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
to be fair, props to byu for actually enforcing it's code of conduct, and not just ignoring anything an athlete does. as silly as i may personally find that code of conduct.
True. I agree with that pretty much entirely.

Also, on my drive to class I flipped over to ESPN radio while they were discussing this, and someone had emailed or texted in asking how in the hell did Jim McMahon make it though BYU. I got a bit of a chuckle out of that.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:42 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do any non-Mormons actually go and play sports for BYU? Because I sure as **** wouldn't. Sounds like a really, really ****** place to be big man on campus.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:32 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Geez really St. Johns losing by 14 to Seton Hall. So overrated at #15. I know they beat Duke and Pitt but they are not a tourney team. They suck when they aren't at MSG. Their only top 25 road win was game against Nova who is just horrible right now.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:43 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Geez really St. Johns losing by 14 to Seton Hall. So overrated at #15. I know they beat Duke and Pitt but they are not a tourney team. They suck when they aren't at MSG. Their only top 25 road win was game against Nova who is just horrible right now.
They won @ WVU, @ Cincy, @ Marquette AND @ Nova. Plus they lost @ UCLA because the Bruins went to the line like 40+ times to St. Johns' 10.

And like you pointed out, they beat two of the top 5 teams in the country (plus UConn).

I think they are a bit overrated right now but they are absolutely a tournament team lol...

I could see them being upset in round one as a 5 or 6 seed though...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It was a much closer game than the final scored indicated.

How are they not a tourney team? They are what, 4th or 5th place in the Big East with a ton of impressive wins.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:21 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

J.P. Tokoto to UNC. Solid pickup for them.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:22 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
It was a much closer game than the final scored indicated.

How are they not a tourney team? They are what, 4th or 5th place in the Big East with a ton of impressive wins.
Let me correct myself didn't mean to say they aren't a tourny team because they will be a 5 seed, 8 at worst if they bomb the tournament which they shouldn't since they are at home, what I meant to say is that this team will not do damage in the tourny. They are completely mediocre when they are not at MSG.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:42 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is an understatement. We'll see how the Pitt game goes this weekend, but I'm not expecting anything good. The slow down offense is awful, and the defensive strategy isn't working at all. Traps end up leading to easy two's, and the half court defense features too much focus on not giving up layups which leads to tons of open threes. Wouldn't be surprised at all if the season featured 3 more losses in the next three games (should be able to make the tourney despite playing terribly since the resume is pretty good). I'm just trying to figure out why the players have been so flat game in and game out because that's been as much of a problem as the strategy.
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:43 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Skip Bayless is always nutty but this morning I couldn't even listen to him arguing madly that the Big East should get 13 bids and that Providence and Seton Hall should be in the tourny. Are you flipping kidding me? A 12-17 Seton Hall deserves to be in because they have 6 big east wins. That's an absolute joke. The Big east is a great conference but c'mon now, teams are bound to get wins when you have that many teams. I mean look at Seton Hall's out of conference schedules. Temple-loss, Xavier-loss, Clemson-loss, Arkansas-Loss, Dayton-loss, Richmond-loss. All this tells me is that the A-10 owns them.

Old 03-04-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Skip Bayless is always nutty but this morning I couldn't even listen to him arguing madly that the Big East should get 13 bids and that Providence and Seton Hall should be in the tourny. Are you flipping kidding me? A 12-17 Seton Hall deserves to be in because they have 6 big east wins. That's an absolute joke. The Big east is a great conference but c'mon now, teams are bound to get wins when you have that many teams. I mean look at Seton Hall's out of conference schedules. Temple-loss, Xavier-loss, Clemson-loss, Arkansas-Loss, Dayton-loss, Richmond-loss. All this tells me is that the A-10 owns them.
Yep, if anything, the A-10 should be getting 3 or 4 teams in. It's a quality conference.

Skip Bayless is 2 IQ points shy of reetarded. No idea how he is gainfully employed.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 02:49 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This ND UCONN game has been nuts.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 03:05 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
This ND UCONN game has been nuts.
**** this ****. I can't take it anymore. I haven't seen a winning performance in a month or so. Kemba scores 30-something and won't even take the shot at the buzzer? Pathetic...

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sickkkkkkk end to the game today. WOO!

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wooo!!! Michigan swept Michigan State for the first time since 1997 and probably locked up a spot in the tournament (barring a first round choke in the Big Ten tourney).
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:16 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wooooooooooooo suck it Purdon't!!!!

The fighting Frans first win vs. a ranked team since the dark ages 2 years ago. Huge game for Jarryd Cole on senior day, really disrupted Johnson on defense in the 2nd half. Great win for Cole who has had to endure some of the shittiest basketball and luck in his Iowa career.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:40 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UNC-Ashville pulled an upset over Coastal Carolina to punch the first ticket to the Tournament. Next up is Belmont vs. UNF (My alma mater!) Belmont is the big favorite, could be a 13 seed if they win tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:35 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OSU clinched the B1G with the Purdue loss. Awslum.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:43 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go Belmont!

Oh and if Florida holds on and beats Vandy here and UT can beat Kentucky tomorrow we get the two seed in the SEC tourny.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:07 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
OSU clinched the B1G with the Purdue loss. Awslum.
Woooo Iowa won the Big Ten!!!!!

Not for themselves, but their win won the Big Ten (for OSU).

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-05-2011, 07:19 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Iowa sucks!

Why even post in this thread treat?!

No but sick win today, what if Barnes went to Iowa?
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:24 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Iowa sucks!

Why even post in this thread treat?!

No but sick win today, what if Barnes went to Iowa?
I don't think there ever was a chance, but if he did...man...I don't know what I would do.

The great thing is that even though we've had a crappy year, it's completely different than the last 3 crappy years. We actually play fun basketball and have been in at least 50% of our losses.

Iowa in Lickliter's 3rd year: 10-22 (4-14)
Iowa in Fran's 1st year starting 2 Freshmen and a JUCO PG: 11-19 (4-14)

And most importantly, fans actually want to watch/attend games, which is a miracle after Lickliter's product.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 03-05-2011, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dear Kalin Lucas,

Get the **** off of Darius Morris' court.

Love,
Sniper
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:42 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michigan fans in basketball are to Michigan State fans in football.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:38 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I don't think there ever was a chance, but if he did...man...I don't know what I would do.

The great thing is that even though we've had a crappy year, it's completely different than the last 3 crappy years. We actually play fun basketball and have been in at least 50% of our losses.

Iowa in Lickliter's 3rd year: 10-22 (4-14)
Iowa in Fran's 1st year starting 2 Freshmen and a JUCO PG: 11-19 (4-14)

And most importantly, fans actually want to watch/attend games, which is a miracle after Lickliter's product.
You have a good coach. I think you guys are going to be pretty darn good in a couple of years.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:06 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

8:00 ESPN Tuesday Butler (National Runners Up) @ Horizon Regular Season Champion Milwaukee. I was at the semi final tonight. And damn I drank way tooo much. But wooooooooo hoooooooooo MO Fo. I better not have 7 beers before the final like tonight. But yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, YES!