Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cleveland Browns Team Forum

Cleveland Browns Team Forum Discuss the Browns

Old 02-14-2011, 02:31 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Browns Big Board
1. Da'Quan Bowers- Great talent that showed huge improvement his senior year and should only get better.
2. Marcell Dareus- Better 3 technique than Fairley.
3. AJ Green- WR that could fill #1 hole.
4. Patrick Peterson- Besides Haden, there's really nobody on the other side.
5. Robert Quinn- I think he will have to show a lot at the combine to show he's still got it.
6. Nick Fairley- Better for a 3-4 but just an absolute beast if he has the motivation.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
OhioJB
Rookie

OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've seen more highlights of Marcell Dareus. He's better than I originally surmised. Also, on Total Access on NFL Network, Warren Sapp mentioned he had him as his #1 DT because he uses his hands well, compared to Fairley who he said relies on brute strength and has to learn how to use his hands. Mayock also has him as his #1 DT. I'd still prefer Bowers because he looks talented enough to wreck havoc by putting pressure on the QB and chasing down RB's. My negative on a player is still A.J. Green. Very good player but still don't think of him as a top 10 talent.

The six I'd like to see the team select from, in order of preference:

1) Patrick Peterson - Rare DB talent

2) Da'quan Bowers - Believe he would make a bigger impact for the Browns than the top two DT's.

3) Nick Fairley - Once he learns how to use his hands better, I'm guessing he'll be a better NFL player than Dareus. Plus, he has a nasty streak that'll help put Squealers, Ratbirds, and Ben-gals in place.

4) Marcell Dareus - Would put him only slightly behind Fairley.

5) Ryan Kerrigan - Might even be able to trade down a couple or few spots and still get him. He's a just a good solid football player who goes all out.

6) Robert Quinn - Only if he proves he's worth it at the Combine and in interviews with the team. Definitely has the talent. Most would put him above Kerrigan, but for now there's enough doubt I'll keep him at #6 just based on talent level.

As much as I would like to see Ingram drafted by the Browns, I'm realistic enough to know that wont happen. Unless something crazy happens and they take advantage of Hillis' trade value and can pick up a 1st rounder for him. I'm not expecting that, just saying Ingram wont be considered most likely unless Hillis is traded. As crazy as this sounds keep in mind Mangini was the one who coveted Hillis and wanted him included in the Quinn trade.

Another player I want to keep tabs on at the Combine is Prince Amukarama. I've heard some criticism regarding his speed and the quality of WR's he faced in college. He needs to turn some heads at the Combine by having some great workouts. As hard as it is to find top-notch CB's, and considering the importance of having great ones, I'm hoping he proves he's better than some think he is. We obviously need a replacement for Sheldon Brown who had trouble covering receivers.

The team will be in a great spot to trade down if they decide they need more draft picks. There'll be at least a couple players other teams will covet enough to present offers. Depending on who's still on the board, it might be worth it.
OhioJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Tom Servo
Rookie

Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
My Browns Big Board
1. Da'Quan Bowers- Great talent that showed huge improvement his senior year and should only get better.
2. Marcell Dareus- Better 3 technique than Fairley.
3. AJ Green- WR that could fill #1 hole.
4. Patrick Peterson- Besides Haden, there's really nobody on the other side.
5. Robert Quinn- I think he will have to show a lot at the combine to show he's still got it.
6. Nick Fairley- Better for a 3-4 but just an absolute beast if he has the motivation.
This would be very similar to my board but I want no part of Fairley. I've seen enough DTs with motivational concerns. I'd probably switch Dareus and Green
Tom Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:42 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
This would be very similar to my board but I want no part of Fairley. I've seen enough DTs with motivational concerns. I'd probably switch Dareus and Green
I remember when Ngata came out, his big knock was that he would play without motivation. All the "experts" said Baltimore was perfect for him as RayRay wouldn't let him lose motivation. Obviously we can't determine how much Lewis has helped Ngata's motivation but at the same time, knocks on people are sometimes blown out of proportion.

p.s. **** you Phil Savage for passing on Ngata for Wimbley.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:20 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it could come down to Quinn or Green, they are the most likely to be there at #6 when we draft. Tough choice IMO, both will be huge stars in the NFL. Take your choice.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:51 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I think it could come down to Quinn or Green, they are the most likely to be there at #6 when we draft. Tough choice IMO, both will be huge stars in the NFL. Take your choice.
What happened to you?! You used to be so negative!! This and your post about McCoy! I like it!!
Old 02-26-2011, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Talking

Quote:
What happened to you?! You used to be so negative!! This and your post about McCoy! I like it!!
Just don't get me started on Lerner. Still a long way to go. With Holmgren running the draft, it should be a lot better.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My 3-2 big board

1. JJ. Watt
2. Robert Quinn
3. Prince Amukamara
4. Nick Fairley
5. DaQuan Bowers
6. Gabbert/Newton
7. A.J. Green

I just don't like taking WRs high. Figuring Dareus and Peterson off the board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:44 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my list:

1-Bowers
2-Fairley
3-Green
4-Dareus
5-Peterson
6-Quinn

though I'm sure we'll have Dareus rated probably in our top 2 realistically, and ahead of Fairley. It will be very interesting to see what we do if Peterson is on the board at 6.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Tom Servo
Rookie

Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just can't see us goin corner. If it happens I'm ok with it I guess, but DL and WR are easily the top concerns. With Julio lightin it up in Indy he'd probably garner some consideration if Bowers, Dareus, Green and Gerard Warren, er...I mean Fairley are all gone at 6
Tom Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:54 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Marcell Dareus, DT Alabama
2. Nick Fairley, DT Auburn
3. Robert Quinn, DE North Carolina
4. Da'Quan Bowers, DE Clemson
5. A.J. Green, WR Georgia
6. Patrick Peterson, CB LSU
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 04:33 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Currently my board is as follows:

1. A.J. Green
2. Marcell Dareus
3. Da'Quan Bowers
4. Patrick Peterson
5. Nick Fairley
6. Cameron Jordan

That is, however, very subject to change. Especially the bottom 4.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 04:59 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Just don't get me started on Lerner. Still a long way to go. With Holmgren running the draft, it should be a lot better.
Holmgren running the draft would be a disaster. Thankfully, he hired Heckert.

Not a single mention of Julio Jones on anyone's list? How can that be?
Old 03-06-2011, 07:53 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
Currently my board is as follows:

1. A.J. Green
2. Marcell Dareus
3. Da'Quan Bowers
4. Patrick Peterson
5. Nick Fairley
6. Cameron Jordan

That is, however, very subject to change. Especially the bottom 4.
100% ****! :D Mine would be...

1. Bowers
2. Dareus
3. Peterson
4. Jordan
5. Green
6. Kerrigan
7. Fairley
8. Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
Holmgren running the draft would be a disaster. Thankfully, he hired Heckert.

Not a single mention of Julio Jones on anyone's list? How can that be?
There you go. I put him at #8. :D
Old 03-06-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
There you go. I put him at #8. :D
1. Marcell Dareus, DT Alabama
2. Nick Fairley, DT Auburn
3. Robert Quinn, DE North Carolina
4. Da'Quan Bowers, DE Clemson
5. A.J. Green, WR Georgia
6. Patrick Peterson, CB LSU
7. Cameron Jordan, DE Cal
8. J.J. Watt, DE Wisconsin
9. Aldon Smith, DE Missouri
10. Mark Ingram, RB Alabama
11. Prince Amukamara, CB Nebraska
12. Corey Liuget, DT Illinois
13. Julio Jones, WR Alabama

13th
Old 03-07-2011, 07:08 AM    (permalink
OhioJB
Rookie

OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Starting to get a better feel how the first few picks could go, and who will be left for the Browns to chose from. First few picks:

1) Carolina - QB Blaine Gabbert - QB's often get drafted much higher than they should due to to the importance of the position, and the difficulty in finding a franchise signal-caller. Gabbert has just enough talent to be considered for #1 overall considering certain QB's get overvalued.

2) Denver - DE Da'quan Bowers - They could draft Peterson instead but Bowers is my guess for Denver.

3) Buffalo - DT Marcell Dareus - Another team that could draft Peterson instead, but Dareus would really help improve Buffalo's D-line. I've seen other DT's described as the next Sapp, but Dareus probably reminds me more of him than the previous 'next Warren Sapps'. Bottomline Dareus is too good to pass up here. DE Robert Quinn may also be considered.

4) Cincinnati - QB Cam Newton - The Bengals have proven they will take players that have maturity or character concerns. I'm sure they get the picture that Palmer is serious about not playing for them again. I personally think it's too high for Cam, but they will be desperate to find their next franchise QB. Green and Peterson are other possibilities.

5) Arizona - CB Patrick Peterson - Would be hard for them to pass up the player some consider the best in the draft, and it's a position of need. Von Miller and maybe Fairley will also be considered.

6) Cleveland - DT Nick Fairley - Not a cut and dry selection. After dealing with Rogers lack of motivation to practice and earn his paycheck last season, the Browns braintrust will have to figure out whether Fairley will be motivated and dedicated. We need lots of D-linemen, and Fairley next to Rubin would help stuff the run. The two WR's and DE Quinn would be major considerations as well, probably with Quinn having the edge. Von Miller may also be considered.

If the top of the draft plays out this way it wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen for the Browns. The key is having two QB's being drafted in the top 5. Would also like to see Buffalo draft Quinn instead of Dareus, and have Dareus fall to the Browns. Just doubt that he would make it all the way down to 6 in that case.

Something else to consider, especially if Green is drafted in the top 5. The Browns were big on drafting toughness in the '10 draft, and Julio Jones is considered a real tough WR. I wont be shocked if he is drafted by the Browns.

Regardless who the top 5 players are that get drafted, the Browns will have some top-notch talent to select from.
OhioJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

This year's draft is extremely talented for at least 12 picks and we will have no difficulty getting an impact player no matter who is available when we draft.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Among the NFL brass attending Cam Newton's workout: Carolina Panthers coach Ron Rivera, Denver Broncos executive vice president of football operations John Elway and new coach John Fox, Cincinnati Bengals coach Marvin Lewis, Arizona Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt, Cleveland Browns general manager Tom Heckert and coach Pat Shurmur and Buffalo Bills general manager Buddy Nix.
Just saying....and Dick Jauron.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.

Last edited by Brown Leader : 03-08-2011 at 11:15 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:28 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

The Browns have committed to Colt McCoy, so drafting Newton would pretty much undermine that... unless he's sitting there and they want to trade.

Nick Fairley on the other hand...
Old 03-08-2011, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Committed to him as a starter for next year. Also said they wouldn't hesitate to draft a QB high if they liked him...just saying. Fairley is EDIT - almost - as scary as Newton in terms of boom/bust.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.

Last edited by Brown Leader : 03-09-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:57 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
Committed to him as a starter for next year. Also said they wouldn't hesitate to draft a QB high if they liked him...just saying. Fairley is just as scary as Newton in terms of boom/bust.
The Browns aren't taking Newton.

He's not even in the conversation. Everything the Browns want to do with the west coast offense... Newton does almost none of those things.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Can't speak to what they will or won't do but he better be in the conversation.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:29 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Can't speak to what they will or won't do but he better be in the conversation.
Explain why
Old 03-09-2011, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Because we may or may not have a franchise QB. IMO probably not. If.. Heckert/Shurmur like Newton's or Gabbert's future prospects, they need to be in the conversation.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:56 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Because we may or may not have a franchise QB. IMO probably not. If.. Heckert/Shurmur like Newton's or Gabbert's future prospects, they need to be in the conversation.
How does Cam Newton fit into the west coast offense, which Pat Shurmur was hired to run?