Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-27-2007, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Next Best Thing

Which new coach will have the best record at seasons end?
Old 03-27-2007, 11:13 AM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Norv Turner- He inherited the best franchise by far out of all the rookie coaches

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Tomlin, as I think he'll do more his first year in Pittsburgh than Wisenhunt will do in Arizona. I think both are going to finish right around the 8-8 area, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugegmenfan
Norv Turner- He inherited the best franchise by far out of all the rookie coaches
Norv Turner isn't a rookie head coach.

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 03-27-2007 at 11:17 AM.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
LarryJohnson27
Rookie

LarryJohnson27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Out of the first time HC's I'd say Mike Tomlin or Ken Whisenhunt, but including all of them Norv Turner or Wade Phillips.
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he meant a coach that has never been a HC before?
Old 03-27-2007, 11:26 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The best new HC and the coach with the best record are not the same thing.

Norv Turner and/or Wade Phillips will likely win at least 9 games. Does that make them the best new coach?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:36 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
heh, wade phillips and "best ... coach" in the same thought.
I can't wait until his "I am God" attitude rubs off the wrong way on the players. TO in year 2 + Unproven HC....stay tuned folks...
Old 03-27-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
heh, wade phillips and "best ... coach" in the same thought.
Not as funny as Norv Turner not that is funny.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:40 AM    (permalink
PACKmack

Mike Tomlin was handed a team that won the superbowl just over a year ago. I think he should win 10+ with that team he got handed.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:58 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Impossible to say.

How do you define it?

Best record?

Most improvement?

Changing the structure of the team successfully?

Too broad of a question.

Im surprised Rob Ryan didn't get an offer from someone. He's a guy Im eyeing for the Giants if Coughlin gets fired next year.

Rob Ryan - HC
Pepper Johnson - DC
Defense: 3-4
Offense: 2 TE base, run biased philosophy (power run game)
Old 03-27-2007, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Next Best Thing

What I meant is 1st time head coach ex: Sean Payton. Can any of the new coaches spark a turnaround like Payton did with the Saints?
Old 03-27-2007, 12:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
What I meant is 1st time head coach ex: Sean Payton. Can any of the new coaches spark a turnaround like Payton did with the Saints?
I can see Whistenhunt doing that in Arizona. But I don't know how much of it will be Whistenhunt compared to the talent on the field, if you know what I mean. Arizona has talent, they just need to utilize it.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Impossible to say.

How do you define it?

Best record?

Most improvement?

Changing the structure of the team successfully?

Too broad of a question.

Im surprised Rob Ryan didn't get an offer from someone. He's a guy Im eyeing for the Giants if Coughlin gets fired next year.

Rob Ryan - HC
Pepper Johnson - DC
Defense: 3-4
Offense: 2 TE base, run biased philosophy (power run game)
I'd rather win double digit games this year, than have to throw everything out the window and basically start from scratch.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I'd rather win double digit games this year, than have to throw everything out the window and basically start from scratch.
We wouldnt have to throw everything out the window. All we need for the 3-4 is an NT, and a DE. For the 2 TE offense, we just need another blocking TE. It would more of a change in philosophy than a roster overhaul.

And I just don't think that TC is a guy we can win a SB with. His lack of adjustments and pass happy nature will be the death of us.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
Not as funny as Norv Turner not that is funny.
That's what I was thinking.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bobby Petrino, duh.

What was I supposed to say? Really?

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:52 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
among other things.

his complete inability to draft should be interesting, although one would assume he won't be given the opportunity to do a lot of GMing (by "assume" i mean i don't believe anyone in the Cowboys organization is quite that stupid). his complete mediocrity on the sideline should also be an interesting addition to dallas.

i'd feel bad for cowboys fans... but, well... they're cowboys fans.
BUT OMGZ HIS SCHEMS ARE SOOOO GODD!!!11 THINK OF ALL TEH PRESHURE AND BLITZING!!11
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
BUT OMGZ HIS SCHEMS ARE SOOOO GODD!!!11 THINK OF ALL TEH PRESHURE AND BLITZING!!11
IT WILL MAKE ROY WILLIAMS GREET AGAIN!!

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Whistenhunt. Has the players and the experience to do the best.

Turner and Phillips are recycled, not rookies.

Petrino will find out why Michael Vick is the most overrated player in the NFL.

Kiffin is another Al Davis scraping the bottom of the barrel joke of a coach.

Tomlin is struggle with trying a whole new defensive system and trying to sell his program to disgruntled veterans who wanted the coaching job to stay in the Steelers family.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Mike Tomlin, as I think he'll do more his first year in Pittsburgh than Wisenhunt will do in Arizona. I think both are going to finish right around the 8-8 area, though.

Norv Turner isn't a rookie head coach.
I like Tomlin and what he brings to the table and his Steelers will win one or two more games than the Cards but both teams will be very competitive

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Norval "Norv" Turner, will have the best season, but I think Cam Cameron or Mike Tolin should have the best turnaround. Wisenhunt could also take ARI to the playoffs in that weak division

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah you gotta like Turners odds of winning 12+ games this year, hes got so much talent to work with.

But im putting my money on KIFFIN!!!!
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whisenhunt could do wonders in Zona, simply because they play okay D and there only real problem is the O-Line and Whiz brought in one of the best in Grimm as the new O-Line Coach, so expect to see the line get better.

but i have to stay at the homer position and go with Tomlin. he isn't going to try and deploy too much of his defensive scheme and i actually think Arians will suprise some with the offense that will be run. and with LeBeau still at D-Coor, you can always expect a good defense. and plus as much as a i love cowher and miss him, he was basically just a motivational coach, Whiz and LeBeau did everything with x's and o's.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whisenhunt, they got a great offense in place and i think they'll get a T in the second, theres some good depth at OL this year, plus gaines adams, i could see them making a run
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think whisenhunt will end up being the best new coach because if tomlin even attempts to change the defense in any way, it will cause problems because they dont have the personnel for a 4-3.

i dont think miami will be too good this year, but i like cam cameron to turn that team around.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote