Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-08-2011, 08:58 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

System of a Down>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rise Against
Old 03-08-2011, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
This guy knows whats up. I get not liking system, but how can you bash system and than defend rise against? How exactly do you defend that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:30 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
This guy knows whats up. I get not liking system, but how can you bash system and than defend rise against? How exactly do you defend that.
Agreed. Rise Against sounds very generic and copy catish to me.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:05 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya everybody has heard it i still ******* love it
Old 03-09-2011, 01:26 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree also. I'm not a fan of Rise Against at all...I'm not a huge System of a Down fan anymore, either. But I loved some of their earlier stuff.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:08 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That is a damnable lie. Rise Against are one of my favorite bands. Sufferer and the Witness is one of the few albums I can listen to from start to finish and not hate a single song. Fantastic album. Take your SOAD love and GTFO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
That is a damnable lie. Rise Against are one of my favorite bands. Sufferer and the Witness is one of the few albums I can listen to from start to finish and not hate a single song. Fantastic album. Take your SOAD love and GTFO!
Sorry, the rise against love on here is over blown. At least system had something different about them, like Joejoe said Rise against just reminds me of the new fallout boy/american rejects etc... Rise against sounds like every other band on the radio imo. Not to mention if you compare the two talent wise it isn't close.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:27 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 03-09-2011, 02:31 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sorry, the rise against love on here is over blown. At least system had something different about them, like Joejoe said Rise against just reminds me of the new fallout boy/american rejects etc... Rise against sounds like every other band on the radio imo. Not to mention if you compare the two talent wise it isn't close.
Jvig, normally I love you, but you're so incredibly wrong here that it makes me hurt a little inside. There is absolutely nothing that Rise Against have in common with Fall Out Boy except they both hail from the Chicago area. Rise Against are much more talented with none of the pop-infused ******** you get with Fall Out Boy. I think you need to listen to more Rise Against if you think they sound anything like The All American Rejects.

Awesome sir.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:36 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 03-09-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Jvig, normally I love you, but you're so incredibly wrong here that it makes me hurt a little inside. There is absolutely nothing that Rise Against have in common with Fall Out Boy except they both hail from the Chicago area. Rise Against are much more talented with none of the pop-infused ******** you get with Fall Out Boy. I think you need to listen to more Rise Against if you think they sound anything like The All American Rejects.

Awesome sir.
Maybe sound wise it wasn't the best comparison however what theyre doing for the radio isn't anything different from what the bands I mentioned have done, namely nothing good. Anyway, ive strayed from my original point, namely that trying to argue against SOAD being good music and than bringing up Rise against is just more than silly.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-09-2011, 05:25 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Perfect, I am not bagging on you, I understand music is a very personal thing and people fall in love with sounds that resonate with them. There is no "right' answer to it. So don't read the following. Please.

[rant]
I absolutely can't stand the sounds of the bands on the radio like Rise Against, Fallout Boy, American Rejects, etc... Basically what JVig was saying.

They all sound generically alike. They are over saturated, over produced, have genericized lyrics, and zero overall sound creativity. They are bands that were picked by execs to fill specific checkbox on their corporate checklist of genres that need to be on the label. It just sounds like the picked the bands and spoonfed them some highly distilled ****.

Most of them did not rise on their own, with devoted followings before they made it big. They were picked, programmed, stylized, and then shoved onto the radio.

[/rant]
Old 03-09-2011, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
trying to argue against SOAD being good music
maybe later you can talk about how much you love Korn.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
maybe later you can talk about how much you love Korn.
Being labeled by many to be in the same genera of music doesn't mean I like **** bands like Korn, sorry. You still have yet to attempt to point out why it is Rise against is still better than soad Mr. generic music.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-09-2011, 05:34 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's a fine rant and all except Rise Against is really nothing like those ****** pop bands that you listed. They're relatively generic and not amazing but they're a solid band with multiple solid albums. Plus they put on a pretty kick ass show.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Being labeled by many to be in the same genera of music doesn't mean I like **** bands like Korn, sorry.
well, you're no fun to tease.

Quote:
You still have yet to attempt to point out why it is Rise against is still better than soad Mr. generic music.
The original point of discussion was not a comparison. If you look back, you shall see that it was you who brought up SOAD, in reference to me making fun of you for liking them.

and to keep this on topic:

Old 03-09-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely the best Volta song.

Best ATDI. :D

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 03-09-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Definitely the best Volta song.
only Mars Volta album worth having :\

Quote:
Best ATDI. :D
I have to go with:

but I love that whole album

Old 03-09-2011, 05:59 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
wait, really? rise against and fob in the same comparison? the suggestion that rise against did something other than rise up out of **** little underground bars?

go find the RA song i posted a few pages ago. there's nothing remotely within the same realm of what FOB is playing there. it'd be like suggesting that usher and like, eminem are identical because they both have beats and were on the radio.

*shakes head*
I'm sorry, they just sound gener-o-rific to me. There are a whole host of bands that I label generic rock in my head. From metal to hard to pop.

I have tried to *get* RA, and I find it wholly underwhelming.

I listen to plenty crappy and generic bands, so it's not being a snob out of hand.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:04 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's a fine rant and all except Rise Against is really nothing like those ****** pop bands that you listed. They're relatively generic and not amazing but they're a solid band with multiple solid albums. Plus they put on a pretty kick ass show.
They really do put on a great show, every time. I think the last time I saw them was with Comeback Kid. The show ruled pretty hard.

- Jeez, that must have been right after high school. Didn't think it had been that long. I remember wearing my new Comeback Kid shirt at college orientation the next week, which ended up being the opening to the girl I first hit it off with. Orientation ruled. What were we talking about?

-- Nevermind, I saw them with Rancid a couple of years ago. Still fun.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:13 PM    (permalink
BoneKrusher
DC GFX Team
Pro Bowler

BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Captain And Me - The Doobie Brothers
(Remastered)
Old 03-09-2011, 06:23 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
only Mars Volta album worth having :\
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 03-09-2011, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
well, you're no fun to tease.

The original point of discussion was not a comparison. If you look back, you shall see that it was you who brought up SOAD, in reference to me making fun of you for liking them.

and to keep this on topic:
Hey I'm fun to tease. And yes you are correct, I happen to do that occasionally. My mistake mayne.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-09-2011, 08:11 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Song off a great metal album..
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:11 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

******* love