Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Diego Chargers Team Forum

San Diego Chargers Team Forum Discuss the Bolts

Old 09-22-2010, 06:51 PM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.
Default Lost major chance at upgrade via the draft

AJ turned down two picks for a guy he isn't going to keep. Just like Mike Turner a couple of years ago...this seems like a major loss in the draft department.

Last edited by bergo23 : 09-25-2010 at 06:55 AM.
bergo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:06 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I personally admire the hardline stance AJ has taken with **holes like Archie Manning and now V-Jack, but I have to admit, I really feel for you fans, especiallly getting nothing for Michael Turner and Drew Brees. That really sucks.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 06:55 AM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.
Default admiration

AJ has hopefully already an extra 2 for Cro this year anyway, so we should be fine for the draft. I too admire what AJ is doing vs VJax...I just look back at not getting a 1 for turner and this deal and think what would our team be with those 3 extra picks? Drew Brees was never going to fetch significant picks cuz of his injury.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:55 AM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really care about the draft picks. D. Sproles is making 7MM + to be pretty ineffective. That's money we could be using to pay VJ for one year at least to make a run for the Super Bowl. I heard this on the radio - if the goal is to show everyone who is boss, A.J. has won. But if the goal is to win football games...
Old 09-28-2010, 09:45 PM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

Default Chicken

I do care about the draft picks, this has been the lifeblood of the teams success the last 6-7 years.

If you allow a team environment that says you will cave in negotiations, you get a team that will always be looking for quick fix solutions to personal problems. Teams like the Steelers and Patriots have the same philosophy as AJ...and it has worked out pretty well for them...will you have you stars leave...yes, plenty have left the steel city for bigger paychecks, as have many left New England...but at the end of the day its important to send the message that the inmates are not running the asylum.

I'll still with AJ's track record, eventually he will be able to drop the "Lord of No Rings" monkey off his back.

As long as Rivers stays healthy, they will always have a shot at the division and in the playoffs.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:28 AM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

Default Bob Sanders!

Maybe AJ is turning over a new leaf? Maybe he is finally caving to pressure from outside the building?! I don't think a one year deal has anything but upside though!!!